More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 09:17:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1732639 times)
sora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #3000 on: 2011 May 28, 21:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does spawnnewoverlords still work with the new version, i cant find/get it working
How about typing "help" into cheat console to see how it's written there OR using the search for word "overlords" on this very board.  Roll Eyes And yes it does work if you just type it correctly.
waningmoth
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: 2011 May 29, 06:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not a cretin, I have tried both of those things to no avail
It is not listed under the help command
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: 2011 May 29, 07:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does spawnnewoverlords still work with the new version, i cant find/get it working

By "new version", I assume you are referring to the latest version of AM, uploaded on the 20th of May, and not the (withdrawn) patch for the game or the new EP?  AM won't work with Generations or patch 1.21.

BTW, the name of the command you are looking for is not spawnnewoverlords.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Aldonn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: 2011 May 31, 15:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how is the progress going on the next version of AM? Is there somewhere I can go to follow the progress, cause so far I've only been following this mod through random snippets I find on this forum.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: 2011 May 31, 16:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how is the progress going on the next version of AM? Is there somewhere I can go to follow the progress, cause so far I've only been following this mod through random snippets I find on this forum.

If you know where Pes lives, you could go and look over his shoulder and follow the progress.  Otherwise, just fucking wait, it will be here when it gets here. 

Pes may have started working on it using the pirated release, or he could have waited for the official release before starting the update process.  The more Eaxis fuck with things, the longer it will take to get it working right, when the test version is up, I am sure, as has been the case previously, there will be a new thread created for people to report their bugs and glitches with the test version.   Keep a lookout for the thread, or just fucking wait until you start seeing posts from people reporting shit about the new version of AM.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
mininessie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: 2011 June 06, 00:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does this work for the 3 and expansion packs boughten through steam
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: 2011 June 06, 01:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No.

And which came first - this question, or the one where Jeebus told you "Hell no!"?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Mini Cod
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: 2011 June 11, 23:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks for AwesomeMod. There doesn't really seem to be anywhere dedicated to that sort of thing on this forum, and such sentiments don't seem to quite fit with the register or tone of most of the posts here. Nonetheless, this thread seemed the best place for it.

So thank you everyone who made this possible. We appreciate the effort and the (mostly!) sane opposition to some of the EA madness that seems to have gone on. Thank you for making something great out of something quite good.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: 2011 June 11, 23:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks for AwesomeMod. There doesn't really seem to be anywhere dedicated to that sort of thing on this forum, and such sentiments don't seem to quite fit with the register or tone of most of the posts here. Nonetheless, this thread seemed the best place for it.

So thank you everyone who made this possible. We appreciate the effort and the (mostly!) sane opposition to some of the EA madness that seems to have gone on. Thank you for making something great out of something quite good.

I say we EAT her.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: 2011 June 11, 23:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say we EAT her.

I don't know - I mean, you lock a puppy in a room and it's going to do its business somewhere. This puppy at least tried to find a bit of tiled floor rather than the carpet. 

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: 2011 June 12, 00:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, you're smart enough to figure out that a thanks post isn't appropriate, but then you post it anyway? Diagnosis: speshul snowflake.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: 2011 June 14, 18:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just did a bodysnatch (with the last 1.19 version of AM) on a Sim and discovered later that the snatched Sim is now listed among the dead in twallan's MasterController. The status gives the full name, although extended by several numbers, all traits and a negative age value (-75 days). Is it safe to delete that chunk of data or is this somehow intended and with a purpose?
Invalidwtf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: 2011 June 21, 21:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed when using AM that vampire sims get the sunlight moodlet the moment they go outdoors during the day, but if i don't use AM it takes a few hours before my sim gets the moodlet. Is there any way i can make it so the sim can take a few hours before reacting to the sun?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: 2011 June 21, 23:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed when using AM that vampire sims get the sunlight moodlet the moment they go outdoors during the day, but if i don't use AM it takes a few hours before my sim gets the moodlet. Is there any way i can make it so the sim can take a few hours before reacting to the sun?

Vampires are supposed to react to the sun.  They're vampires.  This is what sparkletard books have wrought.  Angry

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: 2011 July 02, 12:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vampires are supposed to react to the sun.  They're vampires.  This is what sparkletard books have wrought.  Angry

Bram Stoker's Dracula could walk in sunlight.  Wink
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3015 on: 2011 July 02, 14:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC correctly, he is seen outdoors briefly in the daylight exactly ONCE at a distance by Jonathan Harker, who is still recovering from the trauma of his trip to Transylvania.  It is never explicitly stated that the old man Harker sees is actually Dracula, just that seeing him reminded Harker of the Count.  Throughout the rest of the book, the vampires only come out at night.  The climax of the novel revolves around the Fearless Vampire Hunters chasing down Dracula's men in order to get to his coffin and stake him before the sun sets and he can arise.

Kitbug
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: 2011 July 03, 22:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to make sims procreate more slowly? There are millions of children running around my town all the time...
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: 2011 July 03, 23:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if after a sim drinks the "No aging potion" reward item, is it possible to restart aging at some later point in the game?  I don't recall seeing this mentioned anywhere previously.

DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: 2011 July 03, 23:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently not, according to the information in this guide: http://simsvip.com/?p=2264
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: 2011 July 04, 00:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to make sims procreate more slowly? There are millions of children running around my town all the time...

Use AwesomeStory. Delete some cribs.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: 2011 July 04, 10:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use AwesomeStory. Delete some cribs.

Or use the population cap option of the AM config.
Kitbug
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: 2011 July 04, 23:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone.

Okay, second question...

Unfortunately this is probably because my computer is too slow... but I thought I would check. So I got my game working again and now whenever my sims go on vacation it freezes as soon as they get there. They don't move, it just freezes (this is the only reason I have hope it's not just because my computer is too slow -- if it was I figure it would probably either never load or freeze after a couple minutes). So I removed everything but AM to see if that would help, but it still happens... So. I think I'm probably screwed, but if anyone has any suggestions, let me know! Thanks.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: 2011 July 04, 23:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are your specs?

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Kitbug
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: 2011 July 06, 00:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windows 7 Home 64-bit
4GBs RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz processor
Some lame intel chipset graphics card (my biggest problem, I know).

Running WA and HELS only.

It has managed to send my sims on trips before, though. So it could just be my game has gotten bigger, though.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: 2011 July 06, 05:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 2.2 GHz processor is slightly down on the recommended minimum of 2.4, but should not cause major grief, but when combined with an integrated graphics card, your probably lucky it ever played to any reasonable level.  The other potential problem is that the game is all fucked up and headed towards an on coming train.

When you removed all your mods, excepts AM, did you try a brand new game, or just the old saved one?  If you didn't, try a new game and see if the problem persists.

New Question: Has anyone else had any problems trying to read/view the skill reward certificates, as I am unable to do so?  It has been a while since I tried, so not sure if it started with the latest patch, something from Generations, or possibly before that.
« Last Edit: 2011 July 07, 16:58:11 by wizard_merlin » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: