More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 06:56:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1734347 times)
thisregisabsurd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2975 on: 2011 April 28, 05:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They didn't "move into town" for no apparent reason. They had always existed, and so they were put into the town.

Existed where? Where does it grab them from, the generic premade models, or just sims that would already spawn and were already NPCs but the game never assigned them a home?

And for the cribs: if you enable story mode progression and aging, but never bother to put in cribs into homes, will everyone in the town eventually die off (except for blessed sims)?
PorcelainVal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: 2011 April 28, 15:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to check with someone before I went through with this decision: I have a family in town where the married father has a mistress.  If I "crtl+shift" his mistress to make her his girlfriend, will the polygamy bork my game?
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: 2011 April 28, 17:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Existed where? Where does it grab them from, the generic premade models, or just sims that would already spawn and were already NPCs but the game never assigned them a home?

And for the cribs: if you enable story mode progression and aging, but never bother to put in cribs into homes, will everyone in the town eventually die off (except for blessed sims)?

They always existed in your town. They would wander around, possibly perform jobs, and do the other things that non-played sims in your town would do, but whenever it was time to go home they would disappear into the ether.

If you enable Awesome story-mode but never bother to put cribs in homes, yes, your town will eventually die off, with the exception of those premade homes that already have cribs in them, which isn't many if I remember right. I do not use Awesome story mode for that reason, as I cannot be arsed to bother stuffing cribs into houses of sims I am not playing.
thisregisabsurd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: 2011 April 29, 01:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They always existed in your town. They would wander around, possibly perform jobs, and do the other things that non-played sims in your town would do, but whenever it was time to go home they would disappear into the ether.

If you enable Awesome story-mode but never bother to put cribs in homes, yes, your town will eventually die off, with the exception of those premade homes that already have cribs in them, which isn't many if I remember right. I do not use Awesome story mode for that reason, as I cannot be arsed to bother stuffing cribs into houses of sims I am not playing.

I assume that NPCs such as mailmen or firefighters do not get homes? If they do, then would another NPC spawn to replace them if they die?

Also, if you have aging off, but awesomemod story mode progression turned on, would other non-sacred, non-selected sims age? It says on the wiki that Awesome story mode does not affect aging, which, I assume means that they would age normally like in EA story mode? Normally I would think that having aging off would also turn off aging in story mode, but the config option for TS2aging leads me to believe otherwise.

Sorry if it seems like I have 1000 questions, but, well, I have 1000 questions!
trenchmouth
Asinine Airhead

Supposedly ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: 2011 April 29, 04:34:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume that NPCs such as mailmen or firefighters do not get homes? If they do, then would another NPC spawn to replace them if they die?

Also, if you have aging off, but awesomemod story mode progression turned on, would other non-sacred, non-selected sims age? It says on the wiki that Awesome story mode does not affect aging, which, I assume means that they would age normally like in EA story mode? Normally I would think that having aging off would also turn off aging in story mode, but the config option for TS2aging leads me to believe otherwise.

Sorry if it seems like I have 1000 questions, but, well, I have 1000 questions!

It is correct that all service NPCs (including the burglar) are homeless, and due to their game critical nature, will be replaced if anything stops them from being service NPCs (such as moving in to a playable house or dying).

If you turn aging off in the game settings, no one ages, regardless of other settings.  If you leave aging turned on in the game settings, but use AwesomeMod's TS2 style aging, then only the currently selected household ages.  Aging and story mode aren't strictly linked, one can be off while the other is still active.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: 2011 April 29, 09:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although AwesomeStory and Aging are actually somewhat interrelated: Sims that are not aging will not perform "passage-of-time" based story actions, such as breeding, because otherwise you'd get a litter of ageless babies all over the floor.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BaronElectricPhase
Blathering Buffoon

Caution: May contain Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: 2011 April 29, 18:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...a litter of ageless babies all over the floor.

More crotch-fruit fodder for the BBQ!
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: 2011 April 29, 21:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...that's in TS2.  Although it would be great if it were in TS3, too.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
BaronElectricPhase
Blathering Buffoon

Caution: May contain Nuts

View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: 2011 April 30, 15:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have often thought of making a Gnome launcher, perhaps it should include infants as well. They are close to the same physical size after all.  Grin   (now all I need is a clue as to where to begin)
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: 2011 May 01, 00:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have often thought of making a Gnome launcher, perhaps it should include infants as well. They are close to the same physical size after all.  Grin   (now all I need is a clue as to where to begin)

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
thisregisabsurd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: 2011 May 01, 03:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although AwesomeStory and Aging are actually somewhat interrelated: Sims that are not aging will not perform "passage-of-time" based story actions, such as breeding, because otherwise you'd get a litter of ageless babies all over the floor.

If there currently isn't any way of letting everyone in town age except sims in the currently active household or blessed, then I formally request that feature. I think it would be nice to have a dynamic town while not having to worry about giving your current sims life fruit on time. I can never remember to have them eat that before its too late.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: 2011 May 01, 04:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there currently isn't any way of letting everyone in town age except sims in the currently active household or blessed, then I formally request that feature. I think it would be nice to have a dynamic town while not having to worry about giving your current sims life fruit on time. I can never remember to have them eat that before its too late.

You can try using resetage, or grab one of those mods that adds extra days to life fruit.  The one at MTS I think had a version with some ridiculous amount of time on it.  Although the mod is probably easily modified by yourself to better suit your needs/wants.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Aimlak
Blathering Buffoon

Touched by His Noodly Appendage

View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: 2011 May 01, 04:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can try using resetage, or grab one of those mods that adds extra days to life fruit.  The one at MTS I think had a version with some ridiculous amount of time on it.  Although the mod is probably easily modified by yourself to better suit your needs/wants.

Or use Buzzler's Aging Manager found elsewhere on this site, which allows you to stop the aging of any household you like.

Quote from: Assmitten
Oh COME NOW Mr. Serious, we both know there's people who like to be digitally watched while they digitally fellate someone in a platypus suit.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: 2011 May 18, 09:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A question similar to this post in the request area (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17396.msg571409.html#msg571409):
I play a neighbourhood with some 88 residents. Pop cap is set at 75, so no autonomous breeding, only user-directed. In this neighbourhood it has happened thrice now that whenever I pollinated a non-played Sim, several minutes later that family moves to a new home. The last instance was a source home that contained a couple with a double bed, a single bed and a crib. The target home contained one double bed, 4 single beds and two cribs and was so expensive that they are nearly broke now.
The previous cases were similar: One couple lived in a house with two doubles, two singles and one crib. They moved to the same house with one double, 4 singles and two cribs, and the one before that was in the same situation like the first couple mentioned.
Why's that? Judging from the linked thread I thought that it should be enough if a house contained a bed for everyone, a crib and an additional bed for the future child to make them stay in that house. But apparently not. They always moved to the same house with two cribs. Making the pollinated one sacred solved this in the first two instances, but the current household contains a roled Sim and sacredness seems to de-roll Sims. Also, as soon as the baby's arrived they seem to not care about moving anymore even in a non-sacred state.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: 2011 May 18, 12:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're doing in case they contract a case of the dreaded TWIMS. Which, admittedly, is probably more forward-thinking than they ought to be, since they're outsmarting even you. I haven't looked at it in ages, but the logic was instantly clear, yet it failed to occur to you at all. I can probably tone this down by making it use a bit more psychic precognition (read: Checking the Twims stamp), instead of behaving like me. Obviously, they stop wanting to do that once Babby is fully formed and they know they do not have the dreaded TWIMS.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: 2011 May 18, 14:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I thought initially when it happened the first time, but no twins, never. It also didn't happen when I pollinated a female and killed the donor husband immediately afterwards. She did not move into a house with two cribs despite having enough funds to do so. So, I thought that there might be some further requirement to a house that I might have overlooked apart from the number of beds available.

Edit: So, according to this logic, if there was a house with three cribs they would choose that one in any case because of the slight chance of having triplets? I guess in Sims terms this could be called smart and psychic at the same time, because the move always happens before they're even aware of any pregnancy.
« Last Edit: 2011 May 18, 18:17:15 by vorpal » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: 2011 May 18, 19:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, they're always aware. Didn't you hear the chimes?

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: 2011 May 18, 20:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, they're always aware. Didn't you hear the chimes?
No woohoo and no chimes this time. In-vitro fertilisation so-to-speak, because the father is a roled Sim. But interesting thought, because who is actually aware? I am, of course, and the game is, or in this case the awesome-modded game, but are the Sims? Usually they don't show so much sagacity.
Anyway, removing those additional cribs seems to have solved the problem. Now I only hope that further pollinations will not result in playing musical houses, because there are still some lots with two cribs that are occupied at the moment, however.
sunnylikesunshine
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: 2011 May 25, 22:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the awesomemod work with Jonha's CAS Body sliders?  http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378416

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: 2011 May 25, 22:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you even bother to read what you linked to in your post? DIAF

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: 2011 May 25, 23:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the awesomemod work with Jonha's CAS Body sliders?  http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=378416

Did you even bother to read what you linked to in your post? DIAF

Yes, speshulsunshineflaek, you probably need to be beaten to death with badgers.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
sunnylikesunshine
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: 2011 May 26, 00:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to read through it when we lost electricity because our town was about to get hit by a tornado (I live in Missouri) - but thanks for your concern, assholes. 
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: 2011 May 26, 01:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to read through it when we lost electricity because our town was about to get hit by a tornado (I live in Missouri) - but thanks for your concern, assholes. 

But you still managed to post here? And you're still posting here, looks like the tornado missed your double-wide, lucky us.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: 2011 May 26, 02:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MUST...  HOLD...  ON...  AND POST!

*rushing wind noises*

*cow blows past*

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
waningmoth
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: 2011 May 28, 16:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

does spawnnewoverlords still work with the new version, i cant find/get it working
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: