More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:31:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722529 times)
Elanorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2550 on: 2010 July 15, 17:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is probably just my retardation speaking, but I can't figure out how to spawn overlords. I have AM installed and testingcheats enabled, but when I type in "spawnmoreoverlords" I get an "unknown command" error. I feel like I'm missing something glaringly obvious, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2551 on: 2010 July 15, 19:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this same problem awhile back and struggled with it and looked up the RTFM and found the solution. Guess what? The answer is out there. Use your head, your brain will appreciate the exercise.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Elanorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: 2010 July 15, 19:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this same problem awhile back and struggled with it and looked up the RTFM and found the solution. Guess what? The answer is out there. Use your head, your brain will appreciate the exercise.
*facepalm* Well, I feel terminally stupid now. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Zei
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: 2010 July 16, 13:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the new patch and now I can't even play the game. It opens fine, goes to map view, but when I pick a family to play the "play this family" button greys out. I tried it with almost all of my households and I couldn't open even a single one of them.

Folks at thesims3.com said it could be awesomemod. I don't know... What should I do?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: 2010 July 16, 13:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the new patch and now I can't even play the game. It opens fine, goes to map view, but when I pick a family to play the "play this family" button greys out. I tried it with almost all of my households and I couldn't open even a single one of them.

Folks at thesims3.com said it could be awesomemod. I don't know... What should I do?
Did you update awesomemod to go with the new patch, or did you assume it would somehow evolve on its own?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Zei
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: 2010 July 16, 13:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you update awesomemod to go with the new patch, or did you assume it would somehow evolve on its own?

Sure I updated it.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: 2010 July 16, 15:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem. It was probably voodoo, but disabling "lessons" in game options fixed it for me.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: 2010 July 16, 16:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Folks at thesims3.com said it could be Awesomemod. I don't know... What should I do?

Okay let's see. In a situation where one wants to figure out if a particular mod is causing a problem is it better to:

A) Use the process of elimination by simply removing the mod temporarily and testing if you still have the problem.
B) Listen to rumors from some random ill informed yahoos on the Exchange.

Gee I don't know.  Roll Eyes

In all seriousness, if you don't know the problem is Awesomemod, and it's pathetically easy to make that determination (see A above), then you really shouldn't be wasting your time and that of everyone else here.

*GASP* You mean it doesn't? *

* Actually, I use the autoupdater so mine sort of does. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Krevetti
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: 2010 July 16, 23:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone please help a demented senior: It's been quite a long while since I played Sims 3 and now I decided to give a go with Ambitions. I got the new Awesome mod, and some other mod updates, but even though I one by one took all the others out of my \Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Mods\Packages folder Awesome mod still keeps telling me I have a mismatching core mod. I can't for the life of me remember where else could a conflicting mod be. I'd really appreciate some assistance!

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: 2010 July 17, 00:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone please help a demented senior

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: 2010 July 17, 03:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone please help a demented senior: It's been quite a long while since I played Sims 3 and now I decided to give a go with Ambitions. I got the new Awesome mod, and some other mod updates, but even though I one by one took all the others out of my \Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Mods\Packages folder Awesome mod still keeps telling me I have a mismatching core mod. I can't for the life of me remember where else could a conflicting mod be. I'd really appreciate some assistance!

Check the "How to Install Awesome Mod and Framework" thread by coconner for an update on file placement with Ambitions.

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
Krevetti
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: 2010 July 17, 07:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check the "How to Install Awesome Mod and Framework" thread by coconner for an update on file placement with Ambitions.

Great tip, thanks! I thought I already did all that stuff, but read through the whole thread again with some thought and made a few tests: in the end moving the Resource.cfg file into the Mods folder as SJActress suggests did trick. Life is still a learning experience.  Tongue
Anyhoo, ach schweetness, now I get to play me game again, many thanks!

Edit: Except that the reason it stopped nagging is that the mod isn't working. I earlier just tested enough to see that the error doesn't pop up but now that I went to play the mod is a no show. So back to seeking a working configuration. It seems to be about time I get back to Sims 3, I apparently have forgotten most of the mod using knowledge I used to have.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 17, 09:48:02 by Krevetti » Logged

Boo-Boo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: 2010 July 17, 15:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Krevetti:

I get it working with a mix out old and new. Do the framework in old days time resource in main game and EP and the d3dx9_31.dll in the Game/Bin folder of base game and EPs. And than make an Mods folder in your own documents/ElectronicArts/Sims3 folder and copy in the resource.cfg
Than you could make the package folder and there you could make the folders for Misc, Hacks, Skins and Patterns.
I had tried round about two hours for get ambitous running with mods by this way.
Old style or new style alone doesn't work for me. I hope I could help you a little bit.

But now I have to ask for help myself: Huh

How can I get away the message, that my awesome mod would expire tonight?
I had two months no time to play or go online, because I had an new job to do. So I updated my mods after installing AMB. Even awesomemod. When I tried to start my game, it said I had to patch my game because of old content awesome couldn't run. So yesterday I patched and I could play, after I getting the mods running. Today I get the news of expiring tonight. So I  redownload awesomemod and aweconf (sure is sure) deleted scriptcache.package and reinstalled awesomemod and aweconf, but the message still appears. What in a heaven of **** had I made wrong? Please help, I love this mod really.  Cry

To be or not to be
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: 2010 July 17, 15:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing's wrong. It's just an expiration warning. I am performing final tests on the next build to be released shortly that will stop the warning, and bring new fixes and updates.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: 2010 July 17, 15:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear you guys make my head hurt.

Delete any stray resource.cfg files you may have in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ and any of it's subfolders. Basically do a recursive search if you know what that is.

Then get this and run it. It will setup your game with the proper directory locations and the correct resource.cfg in the correct place. Additionally, the Custom Launcher from granthes will also check for the correct framework setup and install it if necessary.

Now if you get a message about an incorrect version or a core mismatch it does not mean you should go moving your resource.cfg around. Tongue If you get that message your resource.cfg is fine. It means you either need to patch your games or you need to get updated versions of mods you are using (Awesomemod, Twallan's etc) to work with your updated version of the game.

If you don't know if you are patched or not and would rather not mess with the craptastic EA launcher get this patch downloader utility from Mod the Sims. It automatically finds the correct patches for your version and region of the game and its expansions and then prompts you to download and install them. It's basically idiot proof.

Also be aware any time there is a patch that you will need to patch if you want to continue using Awesomemod. You will also need to update Awesomemod and really should be doing so on a fairly regular basis since it gets updated a lot.

Be aware that many of Twallan's mods have been updated for the patch and that those updates, like the one for Awesomemod, are not optional if you want the game to continue functioning correctly with those mods.

And lastly, it bears repeating that custom content can cause problems too even if it hasn't in the past. Don't always point the finger at mods. Yes your 120 slight variations on the same emo hairstyle from Peggy, Rose and Raon can potentially fuck up your game if EA patches something and it leaves them with old references.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 17, 16:03:38 by Motoki » Logged

Boo-Boo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: 2010 July 17, 16:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing's wrong. It's just an expiration warning. I am performing final tests on the next build to be released shortly that will stop the warning, and bring new fixes and updates.

Thanks, I thaught I got a stupid trait on myself. It's good to know nothing is going wrong.

@Motoki:
I know what I do and where I have installed my framework, thank you very much. I only said, that my system runs with this options complete stable. And only to make it complete, when I load awesomemod down I get the version of 4.2 but on my system was installed 4.0.87.006001, so it couldn't work. So I had to start the Sims 3 patch downloader. I haven't said that my problems came from awesomemod.  Shocked

To be or not to be
Krevetti
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: 2010 July 17, 18:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear you guys make my head hurt.

Mine too! Grin

And lastly, it bears repeating that custom content can cause problems too even if it hasn't in the past.

Actually this is probably the info I needed, I have to keep on testing still. That's why I asked  where else can the conflicting mod be, although it seems it's custom content in the end, not a mod. Since I do have the framework installed the new way (yes, I got the installer to make absolutely sure) and no other mods in the packages folder, game is up to date (checked with the program for it, yes) and still I get the error. So it pretty much has to be a custom content issue. I'm just so rusty in these things not having played in a long time that it didn't occur to me.
Thanks for all the valuable help!

Edit: Don't know for sure what did the trick but at least I got it working, might have been a botched patch in the end.  I made a fresh start installing and patching everything. I've added the store stuff back but decided to make a fresh start otherwise, so I didn't even put my old save games back. I was sick of those old jackasses anyway, that's why I stopped playing so long ago.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 20, 12:49:37 by Krevetti » Logged

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: 2010 July 17, 21:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In theory custom content shouldn't be causing the mismatched core version error, but I have seen custom content do things it shouldn't before.

Still, double check that you have the latest Awesomemod (a new version was just uploaded so just re-download it anyway) and that your game is patched up to the latest patch.

If you do that and everything is current then check to see if there aren't stray old files lurking in Programs Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods and its subdirectories. Actually, you can just delete the Mods directory under Programs Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 since the new way has it moved to My Documents now.

If you do all that and then test by yanking Awesomemod and all other mods out and are still getting the error then it has to be custom content somewhere.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 18, 15:23:39 by Motoki » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: 2010 July 18, 10:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod compares MVID on S3GS/S3GO/UI, and S3IF. If S3GS/GO/UI do not match, this is a fatal error, as those are part of AwesomeMod, and the game cannot run. If S3IF doesn't match, but everything else did, it will produce a noncritical mismatch, because it is possible someone modded that without touching the others, but most likely it is caused by using the wrong patch version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: 2010 July 19, 15:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed Ambitions and updated my game & mods yesterday. I've noticed that since then, sometimes when my sims are active, I can't see any of the map tags. I've tried clicking around to switch the view from all to friends homes to work places, but nothing works. However, if I change my active sim, that sim will see maptags. Is there any reason why certain sims shouldn't see maptags?

Edit: Ok, now one of my sims' motives are rapidly lowering. This isn't happening to anyone else in her household. It started right after she searched for clues at someone's house. Is there anything I can do?

Uninstalling AM fixed both of these problems, but I don't want to play without it.

Edit #2: Does the new version of AM not work with the new version of supercomputer? Because separately they work fine, but I realized that together they were causing these problems. Is anyone else having similar problems?
« Last Edit: 2010 July 19, 21:25:10 by jtrazz » Logged
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: 2010 July 19, 15:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a question concerning some new functions in AM: I just noticed, after one week of not playing, that non-played Sims will now join the new professions autonomously according to their LTWs. How does AM handle these? I'm asking this especially with regard to self-employment, which does not grant any weekly stipend. Will I have to make sure that a self-employed writer, for example, will write books, or is this automatic?   
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: 2010 July 20, 05:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed Ambitions and updated my game & mods yesterday. I've noticed that since then, sometimes when my sims are active, I can't see any of the map tags. I've tried clicking around to switch the view from all to friends homes to work places, but nothing works. However, if I change my active sim, that sim will see maptags. Is there any reason why certain sims shouldn't see maptags?

Edit: Ok, now one of my sims' motives are rapidly lowering. This isn't happening to anyone else in her household. It started right after she searched for clues at someone's house. Is there anything I can do?

Uninstalling AM fixed both of these problems, but I don't want to play without it.

Edit #2: Does the new version of AM not work with the new version of supercomputer? Because separately they work fine, but I realized that together they were causing these problems. Is anyone else having similar problems?

"resetmaptags" brought map tags back for me. Have you tried "fixall" or "resetsim" for the other issues?
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: 2010 July 20, 06:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is AutoSellVendorTrashRocks what's causing the produce in my Sim's inventory to be immediately sold?

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: 2010 July 20, 09:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. The produce in your sim's inventory is being sold because it is of substandard quality. Since Kewian-based produce that is below store quality offers no value, it is automatically disposed of as it is probably some garbage you fished out of the trash can during a rummage. If it isn't, it still doesn't answer the question of why you planted that.

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: 2010 July 20, 16:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. The produce in your sim's inventory is being sold because it is of substandard quality. Since Kewian-based produce that is below store quality offers no value, it is automatically disposed of as it is probably some garbage you fished out of the trash can during a rummage. If it isn't, it still doesn't answer the question of why you planted that.

But it wasn't below store quality. I bought it at the store (for the purpose of planting it).

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: