More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 22:21:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1733920 times)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2500 on: 2010 July 01, 22:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do it right that's all you need - the correctly installed framework and the mod in the right place. If it isn't working you didn't do it right. All I can suggest is take it all out, read the instructions again and do it over.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: 2010 July 01, 22:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need base TS3 1.12 for the public release, and 1.11 to use old AM as indicated in the download thread.
gryzon
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: 2010 July 01, 23:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Older version ? Hmm... but older version have lots of bugs. I try uninstal whole game and see.
THX anyway  Wink
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: 2010 July 02, 07:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.12 should be the newest version. Have you made sure you applied all the patches?

INFP or something
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: 2010 July 02, 18:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

gryzon you aren't getting it and reinstalling will not help. Let's look at your reply again:

I have basic Sims 3 ver.1.6.6.... without any additives.

Then Funkilla's:

You need base TS3 1.12 for the public release, and 1.11 to use old AM as indicated in the download thread.

He is not telling you to use an old version, he is saying as it says clearly in the thread where you download awesomemod you must have the base game 1.12 to use the latest awesomemod. If you want to use the old version of awesomemod you need 1.11.

You have 1.6. It is YOU that have an old version of the game.

You need to patch your game or you can't use awesomemod. It's as simple as that.

Also, if you do patch to 1.12 then you need to read up on the new procedure for installing mods. They get placed in a different directory as of base game version 1.12.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: 2010 July 02, 19:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be fair, the poster is clearly ESL; 6 < 12 but .6 > .12 usually, because .6 > .1, so 1.6 should be a version number higher than 1.12, except EA treats them like two separate cardinal numbers instead of a single decimal number.

Anyway, the problem is that 1.6 is an older version than 1.12.

INFP or something
Aldonn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: 2010 July 02, 19:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't download it at all. When I go to download it, it just takes 5 minutes to try and load and finally gives up and says page can not be displayed. It's been doing this for 2 days now, which sucks cause my previous version expired so I can't play the Sims!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: 2010 July 02, 20:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keep trying Aldonn, the problem this weekend is with the hosting provider.

Do feel free to SUPPORT THE MUNICIPALITY peoples, if you want to keep MATY ticking over.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
cleaner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: 2010 July 02, 20:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it has been asked on the previous page already, but how exactly do I add custom lot sizes to my neighborhood? Whenever I use the addlotsize command I get a message stating "Unknown command: addlotsize". I tried capitalizing, leaving spaces, adding spaces, everything.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: 2010 July 02, 20:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you also see Pescado's answer? He said the parser is twitchy and you need to leave out the 'x' and so on. I guess you just keep trying or use the format he suggests.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2510 on: 2010 July 02, 22:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The format

addlotsize # x #

works fine.
cleaner
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: 2010 July 02, 23:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried every combination I could think of like I said, with spaces, without spaces, with x, without the x, with apostrophe, without, and so on. The command "addlotsize" alone, without any parameters, is already causing the "command not found" error. I tried it also after turning on the debug mode via "setconfig" in the game and it didn't help either.
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: 2010 July 03, 02:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be fair, the poster is clearly ESL; 6 < 12 but .6 > .12 usually, because .6 > .1, so 1.6 should be a version number higher than 1.12, except EA treats them like two separate cardinal numbers instead of a single decimal number.

Anyway, the problem is that 1.6 is an older version than 1.12.

Yeah, because the first number indicates the game, and the second number usually indicates the number of the patch in precession. It's not meant to be read a decimal number.

Anyway, the problem still exists. OP needs to patch the game to either 1.12 or 1.11 to use AwesomeMod.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: 2010 July 05, 01:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Addlotsize is currently classified as a debug command, so you can't use it unless you enable debug commands. It will be regular in the next version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: 2010 July 07, 18:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the refrigerator bug back? I always buy the second most expensive fridge because I like its looks better than the most expensive one. The Sims had a party and three guests brought food. I (not the Sims) put the food in the fridge right away by grabbing and dragging it to the fridge. The pizza guy just put the pizza on the ground and stood around listening to the guitar playing until all the guests had left. I directed one of the Sims to put the unopened pizza box in the fridge. Later, the pizza guy actually asked for the money for the pizza. The next morning, one Sim got a slice of pizza and started to eat it. Then it went bad. All the leftovers from the party that had been in the fridge went bad. Is this a result of the latest AM coding or that old EA fridge bug back again? (I normally place my legacy family with the chef reward fridge and replicators, and I thought that fridge bug was fixed a long time ago.)

I must add that I did temporary place the fridge in inventory as I was adding onto and rebuilding their house after the birthday party ended. (I needed to add another bedroom for the birthday boy and decided it was time to add a kitchen, living room, and second bath as well.) I checked that the food was still good when I took the fridge out of inventory and put it in the new kitchen. Yet, it didn't stay that way beyond its normal shelf life (as if it had been left out of the fridge). So, placing a fridge in inventory appears to be the culprit, but I just thought I'd ask.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: 2010 July 09, 10:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Removing the fridge probably caused the household fridge modifier to reset to 1, so you got no preservation bonus. Don't remove the fridges.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PorcelainVal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: 2010 July 10, 17:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a bunch of shit happen to my game after EA's newest patch.  I'm manually patching my game at this point and I was wondering how high I should go up the patch list to keep running AM...?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: 2010 July 10, 21:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the way up, honey, all the way up.

PorcelainVal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: 2010 July 11, 00:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have gotten the game to work, finally...no thanks to EA, ofcourse.

The folders under Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3 have changed.  They only have Downloads, Installed Worlds and SigsCache now.  Do I still put AM in my custom Mods/Packages folder or do I put it in the Downloads one EA provided?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: 2010 July 11, 00:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have gotten the game to work, finally...no thanks to EA, ofcourse.

The folders under Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3 have changed.  They only have Downloads, Installed Worlds and SigsCache now.  Do I still put AM in my custom Mods/Packages folder or do I put it in the Downloads one EA provided?

In a nutshell, officially EA now wants you to put packages in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims3/Mods/Packages (yes you do have to create the Mods/Packages directories yourself). You also need to get an updated resource.cfg as the paths have changed and place it in the Mods folder.

Unofficially, the old way in Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages still works.

It has been discussed many times here already. If you need more detailed instructions than that and are unable to find it here or don't feel like looking I suggest going to Mod The Sims as they have extensive help information that is kept up to date on setting up your game so mods work correctly.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
PorcelainVal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: 2010 July 11, 01:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the help!  I actually had it set up that way but some of my folders got messed up after I re-downloaded all my games (after the stupid patch). 
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2521 on: 2010 July 11, 01:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Downloads" folder is for Sims3Packs. The launcher puts copies of them there once you install them/reads from there to see if there's any that aren't installed.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: 2010 July 11, 02:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Downloads" folder is for Sims3Packs. The launcher puts copies of them there once you install them/reads from there to see if there's any that aren't installed.

The launcher does not put copies of sims3packs in the Downloads folder once they are installed. They are the original sims3packs that the user placed there. Once installed, the sims3packs may be deleted from the Downloads folder if the user wishes. The DCCache folder holds the .dbc database files containing all the sims3pack material. This should not be deleted. The DCBackup folder contains backup package files. These may be deleted to save space.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: 2010 July 11, 23:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shoaty Vole is the new RainbowTigress.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2524 on: 2010 July 11, 23:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know for a fact that my downloads folder is loaded with sims3packs I have never put in there, but installed from the desktop.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: