More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 21:39:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1731635 times)
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2350 on: 2010 March 29, 04:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Claeric.  That was the clue I needed.  I'd been scouring the forum for the mysterious 'test' link which people mentioned as if we all knew where to find.   If I'd known that it wasn't in a post anywhere I would have tried other things a while ago.  I'm glad to see that my search powers were NOT failing me, but that it simply wasn't where I was searching.  I do feel a little exasperated at how easily found it was once I knew where to look. 

Now my game can stop yelling at me and I can go back to mindlessly lurking.

-tastes like chikin
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2351 on: 2010 March 30, 01:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I don't know why he hasn't updated the download page. Pretty big dick move to create something which expires, and not tell people where to get the new one once that happens. Grin
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: 2010 March 30, 07:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty dick move not to realize that it's in the test section because it is a test file and not for use by the masses yet.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: 2010 March 30, 09:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you missed the obvious sarcasm in that post.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mourning.glory
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: 2010 April 03, 02:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it's not directly an awesomemod question, but I didn't think it deserved a special thread...

Is it safe to change sex using editsim? I didn't know if this was just an appearance thing, or something special.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2355 on: 2010 April 05, 02:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think i'm confused

I am pretty sure it was an awesomemod feature, but I can't find a way to be alerted to stuff. I wanna know when someone marries someone, when they have a kid, etc. As it is right now I get told when meadow Carpenter Rhodes makes another stupid sink unbreakable or when mags newbie learns that Knuckles The Echidna is rich.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: 2010 April 05, 09:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think i'm confused

I am pretty sure it was an awesomemod feature, but I can't find a way to be alerted to stuff. I wanna know when someone marries someone, when they have a kid, etc. As it is right now I get told when meadow Carpenter Rhodes makes another stupid sink unbreakable or when mags newbie learns that Knuckles The Echidna is rich.

Twallan's Super Computer does that.   
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: 2010 April 05, 15:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marriage announcements and baby birth announcements are also functions of awesomemod, but you have to set your config. The option is "Inform on Story Action".

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: 2010 April 05, 22:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think "inform on story action" notifies you about skilling, marriages, and pollinations, but doesn't actually notify you about births.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: 2010 April 05, 22:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think "inform on story action" notifies you about skilling, marriages, and pollinations, but doesn't actually notify you about births.

That's because the newspaper tells you about births. Why would AS tell you about births if the newspaper already does this?

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: 2010 April 05, 22:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd rather have a popup akshully, my sims never get the time to read the paper.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: 2010 April 05, 23:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grab Buzzler's birth announcer in the Pudding Factory under "Event Notifiers".  Works like a charm.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: 2010 April 05, 23:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine don't even get the newspaper due to the lot I'm playing currently receiving no mailperson or newspaper child. They show up elsewhere, they just seem to have missed this lot on their route. I have a feeling it has to do with the mailbox placement but due to size constraints, it's stuck where it is.

That said, new issue: for some reason my graveyard isn't receiving tombstones. I witnessed a death and neither my controllable family or the family of the deceased had the option to manage graves. Using debug commands to view mausoleum inventory showed that nothing was in there, despite there being at least two deaths I'm aware of. I'm using the eqyptian mausoleum, but that shouldn't change anything.

Have others been having issues with this? I'm running up to current patches and the current version of awesomemod, but first death occurred before last patch and again, no mausoleum inventory back then. Is there a way to spawn tombstones for the deceased?
« Last Edit: 2010 April 05, 23:42:14 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2363 on: 2010 April 06, 02:38:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The newspaper informs on births? 0_o I wasn't aware the newspaper was good for...well, anything.
Sablesasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: 2010 April 07, 05:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The newspaper informs on births? 0_o I wasn't aware the newspaper was good for...well, anything.

Shocked  For shame!

The newspaper is very handy! 

Find out who has moved into town, which family has moved house, so and so has died, who has had a baby.

Then of course there are the sales if your Sims are interested in taking a course i.e. gardening or logic.  What social events are happening around town.

Time wise, I make my Sims read it the moment they get home and then they just recycle it. On the way back in they pay the bills. 
rampancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: 2010 April 10, 05:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I'm trying Awesomemod, and I'm not quite sure how to see if its working or not, because I'm fairly sure I set Awesomemod to show relationships as Numbers, but they aren't showing up like that. I have the framework installed, another Awesome-made mod that I know works... so I'm not entirely sure wtf I'm doing wrong.

Aria: The way to get souls to the Karma Portals is with Karma Vehicles, which run on Karma Track and are dispatched from Karma Stations.
Jasper:  Well... that sure clears everything up.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2366 on: 2010 April 10, 06:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably EVERYTHING since im pretty sure the instructions explicitly explain how to test if it is indeed working, but hey, whatever.
cuthbert
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: 2010 April 10, 08:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I'm trying Awesomemod, and I'm not quite sure how to see if its working or not, because I'm fairly sure I set Awesomemod to show relationships as Numbers, but they aren't showing up like that. I have the framework installed, another Awesome-made mod that I know works... so I'm not entirely sure wtf I'm doing wrong.

On 'Relationship' panel, you can see the thumbnail of the sims your sim knows. And relationship bar under each thumbnail. And a friendship status icon under the relationship bar. Move the cursor over that icon, and if AM is working properly you can see the number.
rampancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: 2010 April 10, 16:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it turns out that I mentally equated the config file with the actual AM package.

Of course, now I have other problems. The loading bar doesn't load at all, and the thread on installing the Framework is as clear as mud.

'Copy the d3dx9_31.dll file into the Game>Bin folder of both the above directories'? Copy from where? After extracting the framework files into the directories in step 1, d3dx9_31.dll is already in the Game>Bin Folder. Same thing with Resource.cfg; that thread says to copy in files that, because of extracting framework files, already exist.

And that thread doesn't mention if I need to repeat this process for the HELS folder as well, and/or if I have to copy all my mod packages into each folder either...

Aria: The way to get souls to the Karma Portals is with Karma Vehicles, which run on Karma Track and are dispatched from Karma Stations.
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: 2010 April 10, 16:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should have separate directories for your expansions and base. If you've found it in one Game>Bin, copy it from that location into the other Game>Bin so that it is in all directories.

EA>The Sims 3>Game>Bin
EA>The Sims 3 WA>Game>Bin
EA>The Sims 3 HELS>Game>Bin

You should originally find it in your base game Game>Bin.
You don't have to move your Mods folder.
« Last Edit: 2010 April 10, 16:48:58 by funkilla » Logged
rampancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: 2010 April 10, 21:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fair enough, that worked Smiley

I do have a small question, indirectly, about how vacations are treated, story-progression wise. If I have a family of Person A and B, and Person A goes on a Vacation, should I disable Story Progression while Person A is away so that Person B doesn't do anything in that time?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: 2010 April 10, 22:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. Vacations are in a magic world where no-one ages, no-one gives birth and the people left at home are frozen in time.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2372 on: 2010 April 11, 00:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know when Awesome Mod for us suckers with 3.2 is coming out?

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: 2010 April 12, 02:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know when Awesome Mod for us suckers with 3.2 is coming out?

It is out and available now from either here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html or here http://beta.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/base/

The test version for 3.2 was removed a couple of days ago and the base version updated at the same time.  It appears that when Pescado updated AM for 3.2 on the main download he didn't update the thread to change the version numbers.

I have this version in my game, which is 3.2, and it works without any problems.  Just download and your good to go.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2374 on: 2010 April 12, 16:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know - I also saw your reply in the other thread.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: