More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:06:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1736544 times)
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2325 on: 2010 March 18, 21:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the skill difficulty configuration.  Is studying at the library adjusted by this as well?  It seems to me that studying at the library increases skill awfully fast compared to doing it at home - and this is with skill difficulty set at one of the highest settings.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Luna
Tasty Tourist

I have Vista...I know it is evil.

View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: 2010 March 19, 08:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In advance please excuse any undo errors for I am using a translator, if you wish to berate me for improper grammar or poor word choice, please go ahead. Thank you in advanced.

My problem is that I have recently tried to add the awesome mod to my game, but I am slightly confused how to go about this. I am basic computer skills only and do not know where exactly to place the mod file. I also have windows vista which in itself gives me a pain.

Do I place the awesome mod under: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures, and the base game C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Sims 3; or do I place it just under: C:\Users\Luna\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages, and that is all?

Your help would be most beneficiary, thank you in advance.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: 2010 March 19, 12:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem is that I have recently tried to add the awesome mod to my game, but I am slightly confused how to go about this.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.0.html

As per that link, step 3, put Awesome Mod into C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/mods/packages

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
dinosanast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: 2010 March 19, 13:56:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have a problem! i downloaded this awesome mod and it said it will expire on 17! now we have 19 but i havent played cause i had a virus and i should have done format! now that i ve done it i should place the same awesomemod? or i should do something else? for installing this aweosme mod i just copy them on the file package! have i one something wrong?
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: 2010 March 19, 15:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have a problem! i downloaded this awesome mod and it said it will expire on 17! now we have 19 but i havent played cause i had a virus and i should have done format! now that i ve done it i should place the same awesomemod? or i should do something else? for installing this aweosme mod i just copy them on the file package! have i one something wrong?

1. STFU.
2. Read the FAQ. Learn how to use basic English and grammar. This isn't the shitty BBS and we don't play nice.
3. Use the fucking search function where you will discover that this fucking question has been asked and answered a million times before.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: 2010 March 19, 22:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I had to start my hood over (yet again, because all the crap the patches did to it finally started giving me error 12s constantly) and even with a fresh start it did it.

Those pesky error 12s quit for me with CFF_Explorer allowing more than 2 gigs of RAM for game play. I think I had to reset it after one of the patches (but it might have been that I restored my computer to an earlier date to undo some other update). Could lack of available RAM be an issue for you?

No, I have 4 GB RAM and tried the CFF Explorer, but it didn't help.  I could maybe save 3 or 4 times while I was playing, but as soon as someone in the household aged up, I'd get an E12 when I tried to save - even with the CFF explorer.  I could load the last good save, play the aging up part, and save fine, but it just got to be a real hassle having to do that every time.  And there were other problems, all which started after I got WA.

I'm not sure, but I think I'm still using it (CFF).  Even deleting caches, including the world cache files, didn't stop it.  I just finally decided my game was hosed and started over.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: 2010 March 20, 00:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many fucking times are you going to ask this bullshit?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Luna
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: 2010 March 20, 05:51:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem is that I have recently tried to add the awesome mod to my game, but I am slightly confused how to go about this.

As per that link, step 3, put Awesome Mod into C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/mods/packages

I copied what you put exactly and all I recieved in return was: Windows cannot find 'C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/mods/packages'. Check the spelling and try again.

-I just figured out the 'modify' button-

I might have figured out my problem. This person gave a very good answer to another persons similar problem and I was wondering if that is what I am missing. Here is a link: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090622145833AAy0NrX

Thank you again.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 20, 06:04:04 by Luna » Logged
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: 2010 March 20, 06:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I copied what you put exactly and all I recieved in return was: Windows cannot find 'C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/mods/packages'. Check the spelling and try again.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and I am most sorry if I am being troublesome.

Sounds like a personal problem to me. Come back when you learn some basic computer skills.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Luna
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: 2010 March 20, 06:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured it out. Thank you.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: 2010 March 20, 22:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

as soon as someone in the household aged up, I'd get an E12 when I tried to save - even with the CFF explorer.  I could load the last good save, play the aging up part, and save fine, but it just got to be a real hassle having to do that every time.  And there were other problems, all which started after I got WA.

I'm not sure, but I think I'm still using it (CFF).  Even deleting caches, including the world cache files, didn't stop it.  I just finally decided my game was hosed and started over.

Well, I don't have WA, but I did have problems saving after one girl aged up. (It was a huge house full of Sims and ghosts that I am still playing.) I decided it was the cc hair that I put her in after she turned to a child. When I quit trying to give her the cute hair and just chose an EA style, I could save. (I also emptied quite a bit of stuff that I was hording in their backpacks, and I was finally able to delete multiple copies of a corrupt guitar.) So, if your game is set to allow more than 2 gigs of RAM, there might have been an issue with some clothes or hair involved in the age transition.

I usually don't leave the game running in the background (as I notice the Sims minimized window). I try to just play for a few hours at a time, and I delete the caches before starting a new game too. We really have to put way too much effort into playing this game, don't we?

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: 2010 March 21, 13:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it seems like EA went to a lot of trouble to make this game unplayable and/or unenjoyable for most of the people who have played the sims for years.

Let's see -- CFF Explorer, vsync, something in the system that I did so long ago I don't remember what it was, having to use the framework installer so you can use helpful mods like AM, figuring out what you have to do everytime a new bull shit pack comes out so you can still have your mods and CC, being able to see store stuff in game after installing WA, more bugs than I've ever seen any software have, not being able to customize without mods -- did I miss anything?  I'm sure I did!

I saw a thread at the official Bull Shit site that talked about people selling their TS3 games and going back to TS2.  EA is killing this game.

ETA:  I forgot FPS limiter, 3Booter and having to decrapify.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
FridaLouise
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: 2010 March 27, 11:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to 'safely eject' Awesomemod from inside the game? Like a function that terminates all Awesome-occurrences in a safe way in one move?
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: 2010 March 27, 15:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to 'safely eject' Awesomemod from inside the game? Like a function that terminates all Awesome-occurrences in a safe way in one move?

Yeah, it is called starting a new game. But... why would you want to remove the awesomeness of awesomemod?

Countess
elsie d
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: 2010 March 27, 19:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: J. M.  Pescado on 27 March 2010, 18:24:14
enrollall 6/12 while building a school. Once the schools are sorted and no longer mixed, future assignments will automatically favor unmixed schools.

Yes! I've copied and pasted the information in my desk copy of the AwesomeMod! RTFM. Thanks.

Awesome Mod gets a new shiny so often now that the in-game help list has trouble keeping up! If you *know* the command, you can get help--<help matchall>--but it's not always listed when you key in <help> and nothing else (but the goods are, indeed, there for our game play enjoyment). Problem is, I've forgotten the command that must be entered for what I'd like to do.

I'm looking for the command one enters in build mode to designate a school for 6s or 12s only. I saw the information once on this site, but cannot find it now (I'd even used it once about 3 months ago for another world I play). The response with the command had been in reference to clearing out mixed ages from a school with students already enrolled, if that jogs anyone's memory.

Can anyone either provide me with a search term that will direct my queries, or give me the information straight out?
« Last Edit: 2010 March 28, 14:30:06 by elsie d » Logged
ZombieRain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2340 on: 2010 March 27, 21:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have a quick question. I have noticed that there are even more new traits, (and I mean ones such as: Racist, UglyButted, and Slap-able) and even though I have tried testing them I am still unsure of what they do exactly. I have searched the forums and I have found a thread about the old traits, however instead of necromancing it from 2009 I though to post here instead. Some of them have obvious names that I have figured out, or have obvious effects, however some of them have obvious names but not so obvious effects (Such as racist and uglybutt). I would type up a list however I have patched to correct the "crash when minimize' bug and I now have to wait a day or so for pes to update.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: 2010 March 27, 21:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have a quick question. I have noticed that there are even more new traits, (and I mean ones such as: Racist, UglyButted, and Slap-able) and even though I have tried testing them I am still unsure of what they do exactly. I have searched the forums and I have found a thread about the old traits, however instead of necromancing it from 2009 I though to post here instead. Some of them have obvious names that I have figured out, or have obvious effects, however some of them have obvious names but not so obvious effects (Such as racist and uglybutt). I would type up a list however I have patched to correct the "crash when minimize' bug and I now have to wait a day or so for pes to update.

Wait for him to update what? I mean, if you want to wait a few days for a public release, that's your choice. The rest of us will continue playing our games with the current version.

ZombieRain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: 2010 March 27, 22:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean 3.2? Because when I download and run the current version it states that there in a core mismatch, which in my previous experience has showed that I do not have the correct version of awesome. And yes I am using it from the "test" folder and not the public download.

Replaced config. My original was possibly corrupt.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 27, 23:06:34 by ZombieRain » Logged
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: 2010 March 27, 22:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you didn't dump the proper cache files, you're going to get that. Additionally, you may have a part of the game that did not patch. Regardless, Awesomemod in test form works fine with a properly patched, properly cached version of the game with current patches.

ZombieRain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: 2010 March 27, 23:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no doubt that it was user error of some sort because 99% of the time something like this is. I'll just reinstall/patch the most recent one. I did remember to delete cache though, for I have made that mistake before. I didn't think to check if the patch installed properly or if my base game had updated as well. Thanks for the idea.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: 2010 March 27, 23:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking for the command one enters in build mode to designate a school for 6s or 12s only. I saw the information once on this site, but cannot find it now (I'd even used it once about 3 months ago for another world I play). The response with the command had been in reference to clearing out mixed ages from a school with students already enrolled, if that jogs anyone's memory.
enrollall 6/12 while building a school. Once the schools are sorted and no longer mixed, future assignments will automatically favor unmixed schools.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: 2010 March 28, 03:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no doubt that it was user error of some sort because 99% of the time something like this is. I'll just reinstall/patch the most recent one. I did remember to delete cache though, for I have made that mistake before. I didn't think to check if the patch installed properly or if my base game had updated as well. Thanks for the idea.

If you patch using the launcher and have multiple games, Base, WA and HELS, the launcher often misses one of them, which could cause the core mismatch problem.  Go to MTS, download and run the dashboard from delphy, it will show you what game versions you have, and any corrupt and conflicting CC/mods.

cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2347 on: 2010 March 28, 15:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With multiple games, I've found that you have to download the latest patch for all of them (base game, WA, HELS, etc.), instead of just the last one you bought.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2348 on: 2010 March 28, 19:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plain and simple, I am unaware of where to find that very basic HTML page where you download crap.

Edit: Found it by checking and removing the filename from the actual download link in the awesomemod thread. I am assuming it is the one found under "test", updated on the 24th? Any particular reason this hasn't been posted? >_> I am sure I saw pescado explain that it takes barely a few minutes to update for compatability, and if so, why would it sit there for days without being made official? just curious.

Also: Helpful tip for patching

You do *not* have to download all patches individually. Opening the base game launcher and opening the WA launcher, etc, is, in theory, no different. But I found that in opening the base game launcher (from the base game folder), I got prompted to update HELS and WA. And then when I opened the WA launcher, it said the base game was incompatible, and I was prompted to update it.

So either opening the launcher a few times or opening different launchers seems to force the game to download all the patches. They expect you to play through the launcher, meaning they apparently expect this to never be an issue, I guess. The game will patch in full without downloading the patches individually as long as you try a couple times and make sure it is no longer prompting you to update.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 28, 19:21:05 by Claeric » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: 2010 March 28, 22:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also: Helpful tip for patching

You do *not* have to download all patches individually. Opening the base game launcher and opening the WA launcher, etc, is, in theory, no different. But I found that in opening the base game launcher (from the base game folder), I got prompted to update HELS and WA. And then when I opened the WA launcher, it said the base game was incompatible, and I was prompted to update it.

So either opening the launcher a few times or opening different launchers seems to force the game to download all the patches. They expect you to play through the launcher, meaning they apparently expect this to never be an issue, I guess. The game will patch in full without downloading the patches individually as long as you try a couple times and make sure it is no longer prompting you to update.

The last time I tried that trick, it didn't work.  When I clicked the base game launcher, it actually launched the HELS launcher, the same with WA, even though I clicked the base game launcher file from the sims 3 folder itself, and it gave me the game version for HELS saying it was up-to-date.  I gave up after that and just wait for the patches to made available from one of the many sites that hosts them, and manually install them.

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: