More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 19:40:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1731628 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2050 on: 2010 January 27, 10:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's EAxian. When a sim is not being actively observed, they don't have motives that are tracked dynamically, they just go on a "railroad curve" that adjusts their motives arbitrarily, usually with absolutely no semblance to how things actually work, based on time. Naturally, there is moar pee.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
zanzertem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: 2010 January 27, 14:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This issue is being reevaluated as detection methods for the original issue improve. We will get back to you on this.

I actually LIKE the fact that Awesomemod blocks male/male pregnancies. It makes no sense. Dudes have no uterus. It BARELY made sense with alien porking in Sims2 (the birthing process must have been Spaghettios messy), but aliens are not in Sims 3.

If this changes, please make it switchable =)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: 2010 January 27, 14:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't install the relevant meshes (not provided here) that permit such an abomination, it remains impossible. The new change is that AwesomeMod now explicitly forbids it in anyone who doesn't have any pregmeshes available, which covers all the other aberrant cases where sims become invisible as well. Additionally, you still can't do it outside of a Lab of Mad Scienceness. The interaction to do so is not actually provided, so I am writing that part off as "Someone Else's Problem".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
zanzertem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: 2010 January 27, 14:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Excellent, thank you for clarifying.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: 2010 January 27, 15:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need help again, How do I fix Riverview from taking over every other landscape, I go to any of the travel towns from Riverview and all I find is the Riverview landscape with a ton of blue holes, I started a new Sunset Valley and it is the same thing, Kinda funny to watch the new game cinematic adjust to the landscape.

This is a custom content (specifically, custom object) issue. There is a thread on this in "The Horror, the Horror" called something like "90% if Sunset Valley gone" or some such. Do I care enough to look it up and link you? I do not. However, if you use the handy-dandy "Advanced search" feature up there and search for "blue lots" you will find the answer, as if by magic. It involves a "blue lot fixxxor" by Delphy. Enjoy.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: 2010 January 27, 15:55:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: 2010 January 27, 18:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to get around the awesomemod expiration date? I have the sims 3 installed on a computer w/out Internet access, in a detached building where I can't easily access an online computer. I have awesomemod installed as a matter of course, but since it's a pain in the ass to keep updating my awesomemod via flash drive, and since I only play my game once a week anyway, I really don't want to keep re-downloading a new version every 2 weeks. Is there any way to circumvent this expiration business?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2057 on: 2010 January 27, 18:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: Spawnmoreoverlords (yaaaaaaaaaaay) Woop, got it working. I didn't have debug commands enabled.

It worked! Unfortunately it named most of the families "peasant".... Manually changing their names is easier than making 53 sims, at least.

Edit again: It's just the household name, for groups that don't have the same name. That's ok then. Hooray! Cheesy I love you pescado, lets have babies.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 27, 19:04:23 by Claeric » Logged
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: 2010 January 27, 19:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: Spawnmoreoverlords (yaaaaaaaaaaay) Woop, got it working. I didn't have debug commands enabled.

It worked! Unfortunately it named most of the families "peasant".... Manually changing their names is easier than making 53 sims, at least.

Edit again: It's just the household name, for groups that don't have the same name. That's ok then. Hooray! Cheesy I love you pescado, lets have babies.

But on the downside, I seem to have generated 115 sims who seem to want to wear their nightwear as formal, athletic and swimwear!

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: 2010 January 27, 21:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I assumed this was intentional.

I had to lul at the "Castro" family that arrived in my neighborhood though. 'Bout time we had someone like that move in to town.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2060 on: 2010 January 27, 21:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But on the downside, I seem to have generated 115 sims who seem to want to wear their nightwear as formal, athletic and swimwear!

At some point, I think a patch borked CAS. If you have a sim wearing ANYTHING and you click another category, like swim, whatever they are wearing is selectable(and auto-selected) for that category. You can essentially wear whatever the fuck you want whenever you want, except everyday. So sims randomly spawned seem to have issues with randomly spawning their own clothes!
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: 2010 January 28, 06:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to get around the awesomemod expiration date? I have the sims 3 installed on a computer w/out Internet access, in a detached building where I can't easily access an online computer. I have awesomemod installed as a matter of course, but since it's a pain in the ass to keep updating my awesomemod via flash drive, and since I only play my game once a week anyway, I really don't want to keep re-downloading a new version every 2 weeks. Is there any way to circumvent this expiration business?

I haven't tried this myself, but I recall reading that the way to avoid the expiry date is to change the date on your computer.

INTP.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: 2010 January 28, 07:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick question: does disabling Eye Candy in awesomemod also disable that stupid green glow when Sims meditate?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: 2010 January 28, 09:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, with non-fambly living groups, it will generate them named "Peasant" instead, because, obviously, they aren't actually a fambly.

Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: 2010 January 28, 16:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, one of my sims (Rhoda Bagley, a pre-made) suddenly has a borked family tree. I can't access it at all from her own simology panel, but when I click on her from another sim's tree (where she is still visible) she has no relatives. Also, her brother has vanished entirely. Is there a way to rectify this, or is it a sign of impending doom? Halp?
I think you've done something to unravel your neighborhood. I haven't noticed any of these problems in mine, so...I have no idea what is going on.
Well I rolled back to an earlier save where everything was fine, in which it was Saturday in-game. Sent my sim and his ex-wife Rhoda (who is a ghost) to China, and all was fine. Came back and played out the rest of that day. At exactly 12:00 12:10 am Sunday, while Rhoda was at work, there seemed to be some activity going on with the game. Her portrait pose changed completely and, sure enough, the brother has vanished from the family tree, all of her connections have been destroyed and her own tree is inaccessible. So something seems to be blowing up at that particular moment. Can't think why this brother is vanishing.  Undecided
« Last Edit: 2010 January 28, 23:01:31 by Roobs » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2065 on: 2010 January 28, 20:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love you pescado, lets have babies.
Yeah

You all saw it.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: 2010 January 28, 23:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, here's some more on my totally boring family tree saga. It seems to be turning into a sim version of Invasion of the Body snatchers.

I downloaded the doopercomputer, and had a look at some background stuff. It seems that what is happening at that particular moment is that the four Bagley sims are being duplicated with what can only be described as empty, if visually identical, clones. They seem to have little data tied to them, and no relationships. However, the other versions of them still retain the relationships (and presumably all the other data). Rhoda (the playable ghost) still seems to be the same sim, bar her portrait and age which is much older than it should be (and of course the borked family tree). Her "clone" (which I think is the original Rhoda) has the correct portrait and age though. So I can only assume that these mysteriously spawning duplicates are replacing the other sims, for whatever reason.

Case in point: At 12:09 am there is only one Ma Bagley. At 12:10 am there are now two. One with a whole bunch of data, and the other an empty shell.

Then I did some playing around with the old save, seeing if I could prevent it occurring or at determine what the cause is. I thought it was some sort of pre-determined BFBVFS, but the only time it didn't happen at all was when I did not send Rhoda on holiday. It seems that sending playable ghosts abroad (or, at least, my playable ghost) is causing some kind of fuck up. It's like BV redundancy all over again.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: 2010 January 28, 23:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly does "The eye of Horus" do?
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2068 on: 2010 January 29, 03:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Delphy's breast sliders AND Jonha's sliders installed, and I know I need a mod to increase the number of sliders allowed.  I thought Awesome Mod had this function, and the slider hacks even directed me to it, but I have AM, Delphy's breast sliders are not working, and I do not see anything in the Awesome Config to suggest that this function even exists.  I seem to remember it being there.  Was it somehow removed?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: 2010 January 29, 03:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Define "not working". There's no option to enable it because "more sliders" is always enabled. Are you sure it's just not appearing in a weird location?

bettybrant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2070 on: 2010 January 29, 04:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm experiencing something odd with editSim:  when I edit an existing sim to change its body type (from fat to thin or thin to fat) it doesn't take.  That is, it seems to work in the CAS screen, but when I come back to the game, the Sim retains its original body shape. I am very careful with editSim, and only use it sparingly on game-made sims, and never to change anything that can be changed in the regular game, or with Awesomemod's features (like traits, or lifetime wishes or favourites).  

I seem to remember that this feature used to work fine, but now it is not.  Once after attempting to make a male Sim fat, and seeing that it had no effect, I tried to go back to editSim to do it again, and the game got stuck on the loading screen endlessly, which has also never happened to me before.  

I do have some custom content in my game (mostly Store Content, deco and clothes) but no sliders, and very few hacks or mods (just the supercomputer and the book of talent and some buyable WA registers). Is this an awesomemod glitch or is it more likely that some bad cc is not playing nicely with AM? Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: 2010 January 29, 05:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Delphy's breast sliders AND Jonha's sliders installed, and I know I need a mod to increase the number of sliders allowed.

Delphy's breast sliders appear under the advanced mouth settings.  They do not appear in their own category.  Select the mouth tab, then the advanced options, then the global options, and they appear scattered among the various mouth sliders.

Delphy even says that's where they are, because the mouth option had the most slots available to add the extra sliders to.  I don't know about Jonha's as I haven't used them, but I suspect they are also scattered throughout the other options.

I'm experiencing something odd with editSim:  when I edit an existing sim to change its body type (from fat to thin or thin to fat) it doesn't take.  That is, it seems to work in the CAS screen, but when I come back to the game, the Sim retains its original body shape.

How many bloody time does this have to be answered?  It has been answered to death, and also again recently by Pescado in another post/thread.

DO NOT change body type in editsim.  Bring up the cheat box and use setfitness and setfatness, I think they are the right terms, and enter a numerical value.

Next time try searching and reading, in fact, try searching now, and you'll find the correct information and terms to use.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 29, 05:50:29 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
bettybrant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: 2010 January 29, 13:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Done. It's "setfitness" and "setfatness" with numerical values from 0.0 to 1.0.  I prefer this to the sliders, actually, as it seems more precise.

I'm sorry for posting the question, but I did search the forums under "editsim" and "edit sim" and "changing body type" and I also read back through this thread.  I didn't see the recent post you speak of, as it doesn't seem to be in this thread, which I thought was the place for posting problems and questions with awesomemod.  I also thought this was a glitch since it seems to me that using the sliders worked in the past, so I meant to report it as well. Anyway, sorry.

iansplinter
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: 2010 January 29, 14:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi to all. I have a little problem, since I use the awsomemod with my new neighbourhood and the "make sacred function". I have made some famiies sacred and other not. Now I have about 7 sacred and 7 not sacred. The problem is, that I have performance problems. Its laggy. Before having more than 7 families (all sacred) in my hood, everything was ok, same when I delete some of the not-sacred families. I cant use the 3. speed anymore, cause the time is still slow. And sometimes the game stops for some seconds. Never had any performanceproblems before. Is it because of using the sacred-function? Doas anyone have an idea?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: 2010 January 29, 14:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Overusing Supreme Commander on too many sims at once can produce lag if your computer sucks. Most lag-related issues are brought about by having a computer that sucks. Get a less-suck computer.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: