More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 23:30:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1734111 times)
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2000 on: 2010 January 21, 00:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I was sure that I read someone's post that mentioned this problem but darned if a search turns it up anywhere. Maybe I saw it on another website, I'm not sure.

But I am stuck in France. REALLY stuck in France.

I sent two sims there, one solved the curator's bones adventure, and when I tried to send them home early the neighborhood starts to load but after a minute or two the game crashes to desktop. I removed my Mods folder, deleted caches, and tried again, but CTD. I tried just letting the game send them home after the time was up, but CTD. I sent one sim home early and tried it both ways as above with the remaining sim, and CTD both times.  I tried resetsim and resetworld, but these appear to have no effect. I downloaded and ran Dephy's Dashboard tool (and fixed a bunch of corrupted files), but still have CTD when trying to return to the neighborhood.

This is the same 'hood where I recently had a sim stuck in a rabbit hole and had to resetworld to get him out, so it had started to show signs of trouble. I have a feeling the 'hood just became a BFBVFS, but was curious to see if anyone else has experienced this same or a similar problem and had any advice or suggestions. If not, I guess it's off to start and new neighborhood and repeat some of the same stuff all over again. Sigh!
zanzertem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: 2010 January 21, 15:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello,

I have two questions. Please note that I have used the search feature and reviewed this thread for the answers. Yes, all 81 pages worth. I have also scanned the last 5 pages of threads.

I have the most up to date patches and Awesomemod.

First, I am having trouble using the Fish For... Supreme Commander option. I know that I am to set a specific fish type, but how do I set that? Mouse hovering over the Fish For... does not bring up a sub menu nor does selecting the option. Selecting it just dumps it in my queue.

Second, no recipe books are appearing in the library. This is minor, because I can just put them there myself, but I want to make sure there isn't a simple fix. I know that the chance of recipes appearing is relative to the number of neighborhood sims that know the recipe, but is it normal that NO recipes appear? Showconfig shows that BooksNotMagicScrolls and RecipeBooksInLibrary are both set to "True". I have also tried the regeneratebooks command to no avail. I haven't bothered to test this too much, so it may just be an issue where I need to have a better established 'hood.

Thanks in advance, and feel free to flame me if the answer is in plain sight.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2002 on: 2010 January 21, 19:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read the discussion about the sim economy, and owners of rabbitholes earning profit from them.  I agree that making profits from rabbit holes would be unrealistic, and probably would hurt the game without producing very good results, but this whole topic got me thinking about some other things that bother me in the game, relating to economics.

The way the game deals with money is just plain ridiculous.  You start off with 16000, which you must use to buy a house.   The worthwhile houses are unaffordable, so you have to settle for a tiny cheapskate cabin with little or no furniture.  Unforturnately EA decided not to provide any of these cheap houses in the neighborhood, so you are forced to make your own.  Then while you are building your house, you receive no feedback on how much your house costs (this improved with WA).  Anyway, once you move your family in, you have almost no money, and the first few days are very difficult, as you must find a job, make enough money to eat, and buy another bed so everyone can sleep at the same time, etc.  After that, however, the sims are swimming in dough and have more money than they can possibly spend.  None of this seems logical to me.  Too hard, then too easy!

One solution I've thought of, is to allow sims to move into a house with a weekly payment arrangement.  Instead of paying 20,000 outright, they would pay a certain percentage bi-weekly.  The sims would receive a 2000 loan which would also become part of their biweekly payment.  The houses that are available to the sim would depend on the sim's household funds (2000 for new families), and the weekly income of the family.  The family must have the means to pay their bills for at least the first five payments.  This would have the dual function of making it easier on the household in the first few days, while reducing the "everyone gets rich" effect later in the game.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: 2010 January 22, 09:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then while you are building your house, you receive no feedback on how much your house costs

You must be missing something. In build mode, look at the top left of your screen - there's a little box telling you what exactly the house is worth, both furnished and unfurnished. When you have sims on the lot, everything you build/buy is detracted from the family funds in realtime - just look at their budget to see what they can afford.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: 2010 January 22, 10:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, I am having trouble using the Fish For... Supreme Commander option. I know that I am to set a specific fish type, but how do I set that? Mouse hovering over the Fish For... does not bring up a sub menu nor does selecting the option. Selecting it just dumps it in my queue.
You're certain? It just dumps it in your queue? That is mighty peculiar and unusual. Make sure you're using the latest version.

Second, no recipe books are appearing in the library. This is minor, because I can just put them there myself, but I want to make sure there isn't a simple fix. I know that the chance of recipes appearing is relative to the number of neighborhood sims that know the recipe, but is it normal that NO recipes appear? Showconfig shows that BooksNotMagicScrolls and RecipeBooksInLibrary are both set to "True". I have also tried the regeneratebooks command to no avail. I haven't bothered to test this too much, so it may just be an issue where I need to have a better established 'hood.
The odds of a given recipe book appearing on a skilling bookshelf is dependent on what percentage of your neighborhood knows it. The more common the recipe is, the more likely it appears. Books don't appear to retroactively pop, either, so if you enabled this in an established hood, you need to restock your libraries by typing "regeneratebooks".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
zanzertem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: 2010 January 22, 14:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're certain? It just dumps it in your queue? That is mighty peculiar and unusual. Make sure you're using the latest version.

OK, I figured it out. Apparently after selecting the Fish For... task, you have to CTRL + Click the sim again. At that point, another menu option is available, allowing you to select the fish type. The menu option is only there when the Fish for.. command is sitting in the sims queue (which makes sense). I can't believe I didn't notice this before!

The odds of a given recipe book appearing on a skilling bookshelf is dependent on what percentage of your neighborhood knows it. The more common the recipe is, the more likely it appears. Books don't appear to retroactively pop, either, so if you enabled this in an established hood, you need to restock your libraries by typing "regeneratebooks".

Excellent, it appears that my 'hoods are not established enough due to my play style. That is fine, I will just manually stock the library with the recipes that I want. Thanks for letting me know!

Now I have a second issue. Supreme Commander with occasionally take a lunch break. As you can see by the attached pic, I have told my sim to Task: Garden on his home lot but it appears he would rather stare at the neighbors (and no, unpausing it doesn't wake him up):

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5720/92990784.png

I re-downloaded the most recent Awesomemod, removed the Supercomputer and the awesomeconfig, and still no change to the occasionally lazy commander. I would also like to note that other tasks DO work. For example, he could rummage through garbage just fine.

I have had this problem with the commander with several of the tasks. Sometimes, he won't collect seeds. Sometimes, he won't garden. Very strange.

I recall reading that Imageshack was frowned upon but I am sorry, it is all that I have.
« Last Edit: 2010 January 22, 14:49:59 by zanzertem » Logged
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2006 on: 2010 January 22, 17:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You must be missing something. In build mode, look at the top left of your screen - there's a little box telling you what exactly the house is worth, both furnished and unfurnished. When you have sims on the lot, everything you build/buy is detracted from the family funds in realtime - just look at their budget to see what they can afford.

I am aware of the little box, but that feature is new to WA - thank goodness they added it.  Still though, you really have to rough it at the beginning, while only a few days later, the sim will be rich enough to be worry free.  To me, the fun of moving a new family in, is styling the house exactly the way you want them to live.  As it is, there is no room for a second bedroom, and you have to choose between a nice fridge and wallpaper.  No matter what, the new family has to start out dirt poor.  Wouldn't it be nice if you could realistically tailor the size of the house to the sim's income, or give them a week or so to get on their feet, rather than force them all to start off in a piddly house.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
skelley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: 2010 January 22, 20:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use freerealestate to put them in any house you want, then familyfunds to adjust how much cash they have on hand.
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: 2010 January 23, 23:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if he even updates the thing, so you are on your own once they update the game. By the way, you should also get his super computer, which must be around there if you search in that link.

For the record, Twallan updates his mods very conscientiously.  He's not the workaholic that Pescado is, so it took him a couple of days longer to have updates in place for the 1.79 patch.  So at least with past history as a guide, there won't be a problem with updates.

I prefer Awesome Story to Twallan's, but Twallan's SuperComputer is truly super and his Story Progression should be great for those who liked Indie Stone, on which Twallan's is based.  He also has a few other cool mods on his board.
Kitbug
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: 2010 January 24, 22:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched the site and couldn't find an answer to this. . . so here goes.

Out of amusement, I decided I wanted to have a sim become a pedophile -- by accident, he got caught. Now whenever he tries interactions (romantic) with other adults, they fail, no matter how well he knows them. He even got married (all interactions via the wife -- thinking that if I had her get them into a relationship it would be ago), but she rejects romantic interactions from him. I'm assuming this is supposed to happen, but I wanted to check. And also, I'd think it would be nice if your sim got married that romantic interactions wouldn't always be rejected by their spouse. . . that seems weird.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: 2010 January 24, 22:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd think it would be nice if your sim got married that romantic interactions wouldn't always be rejected by their spouse. . . that seems weird.

Sounds like real life to me.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2011 on: 2010 January 25, 00:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd think it would be nice if your sim got married that romantic interactions wouldn't always be rejected by their spouse. . . that seems weird.

I concur.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Kitbug
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: 2010 January 25, 01:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I concur.

True, true. . . but I think always might be a little over the top. Especially being rejected for complimenting personality or something.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: 2010 January 25, 01:35:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unlike in TS2, where each interaction had its own rules, in TS3, with the "unified" interaction system and rules, the game generally does not distinguish between two similar "generic" interactions, and views all such actions as being functionally equivalent and following the same rules. The only thing that distinguishes one interaction from another internally is the fact that you can't repeat them over and over.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2014 on: 2010 January 25, 02:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Changing autosaveinterval in-game doesn't seem to be working. Even if I set it to 0 IMMEDIATELY after starting play, it will still autosave after 10 minutes. This makes testing things frustrating. Any ideas why it wont work?
Kitbug
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: 2010 January 25, 03:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, question two of the day. . . clearly, I'm playing too much.

My town seems to be lagging a bit, and I have five million npcs. So, I checked my homeless count (64), and then destroyed all npcs. It only dropped to 41. When I clicked to destroy all townies, it dropped nothing. My question, is there a way to murder off the remaining 41 homeless sims who I have no doubt are slowing my game down?
almostawesome
Blathering Buffoon

Swag out the max

View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: 2010 January 25, 04:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, question two of the day. . . clearly, I'm playing too much.

My town seems to be lagging a bit, and I have five million npcs. So, I checked my homeless count (64), and then destroyed all npcs. It only dropped to 41. When I clicked to destroy all townies, it dropped nothing. My question, is there a way to murder off the remaining 41 homeless sims who I have no doubt are slowing my game down?

I'm pretty sure those are service NPCs, such as the maid, paperboy, etc; and thus can't be killed, or are killed and promptly regenerated.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: 2010 January 25, 04:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Changing autosaveinterval in-game doesn't seem to be working. Even if I set it to 0 IMMEDIATELY after starting play, it will still autosave after 10 minutes. This makes testing things frustrating. Any ideas why it wont work?
No idea. Probably because it's still built on an EA legacy framework that doesn't DIAF effectively. I can look into it.

spiritseer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: 2010 January 26, 02:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, what the f@#k, is this some kind of joke? I go into my game tonight and it tells me that my version of awesomemod will expire soon.
Since when do mods expire??
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: 2010 January 26, 02:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, what the f@#k, is this some kind of joke? I go into my game tonight and it tells me that my version of awesomemod will expire soon.

spiritseer, you can use the word "fuck" here. And this is no joke - go fucking search for your answer. This question has been asked - and answered and sporked - many times.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: 2010 January 26, 03:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What did you think WIP stood for? With Internet Peens? (Feel free to spork me for the lameness, my brain failed at a better one). Clearly, you are not awesome enough.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: 2010 January 26, 19:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need help again, How do I fix Riverview from taking over every other landscape, I go to any of the travel towns from Riverview and all I find is the Riverview landscape with a ton of blue holes, I started a new Sunset Valley and it is the same thing, Kinda funny to watch the new game cinematic adjust to the landscape.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2022 on: 2010 January 26, 20:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can awesomemod accelerate story progression? It's extremely ridiculous waiting for a new town to populate itself, and supposedly the base game(with some idiotic core mod that barely does anything) can set it to "accelerated" and update a lot in a short time, instead of sim-months being required to fill up a town.

I go to any of the travel towns from Riverview and all I find is the Riverview landscape with a ton of blue holes, I started a new Sunset Valley and it is the same thing, Kinda funny to watch the new game cinematic adjust to the landscape.

You have broken your game and it has shit to do with awesomemod. You installed something wrong and clearly didn't spend half a second checking to see if you put it in right. It sounds like you installed riverview improperly.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: 2010 January 26, 21:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I followed the directions in http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17610.0.html which is where I was told to go last time I needed help. It may not have shit all to do with awesomemod but if anyone can help I'll find them here.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: 2010 January 26, 21:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can awesomemod accelerate story progression? It's extremely ridiculous waiting for a new town to populate itself, and supposedly the base game(with some idiotic core mod that barely does anything) can set it to "accelerated" and update a lot in a short time, instead of sim-months being required to fill up a town.
AwesomeStory doesn't "populate" at all. What's in the town is what it works with. Similarly, AwesomeStory cannot be "Accelerated" because all actions occur in-game, and if you were to try to accelerate it, everyone would wind up busy and there would be nothing left to do. You can see this effect occur if you repeatedly spam "buyarandomtoading" into the console, which is the code to instantly trigger a story fire.

For those who want an autopopulator, I will consider adding a "spawn more overlords" code for the next version. Otherwise you could do "runstoryaction Create Household", which triggers the EA story action for that function.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: