More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 08:20:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1731527 times)
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1825 on: 2009 December 27, 13:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installing from scratch.  Pretty devestated as I have lost weeks of work by not backing up saved sims and saved games folder.  Happy now?  I am sure I have made your day. 
Witch, you must be whizzing around on your broomstick with glee.  Yes, the stupidity of it is stunning, isn't it?   
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: 2009 December 27, 13:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I never actually told you to delete your saved games, which means you just did that because you are stupid. This amuses me. Had you been better at following directions, this could have been avoided and I would not have had to give you snarky responses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: 2009 December 27, 13:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Pes, guilty as charged.  I am glad that it amuses you to see someone else's severe distress.  Just what kind of person are you?  Rhetorical.
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: 2009 December 27, 13:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you forget about the retared Audrey person and Answer my question. I repeat:

What exactly is the"files" folder for? It's part of the framework download and is next to the packages folder.
Also, if I edit my original resource folder, should I edit the one in the "files" folder too??

P.S.: Sorry Audrey for the name calling Tongue But Pescado and the others are right...

~ Condemnation without investigation is the peak of ignorance ~
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: 2009 December 27, 13:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

files is a part of the experimental framework procedures of the early mod process. Although it can be made to function, it is an advanced methodology not suitable for peasantry, and can be ignored. Or deleted.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: 2009 December 27, 15:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

files is a part of the experimental framework procedures of the early mod process. Although it can be made to function, it is an advanced methodology not suitable for peasantry, and can be ignored. Or deleted.

I'm supposing it has something to do with #grah and it's experiments to turn us all into piles of dust, and I am not worthy to discuss its greatness..............runs off and turns self on fire..........

Thank you!!!
« Last Edit: 2009 December 27, 15:08:21 by AloeOwl » Logged

Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: 2009 December 27, 15:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I did follow directions.  

After I had destroyed my hard drive, uninstalled WA and base, reinstalled base, I discovered that my savedsims file had magically re-appeared and had not disappeared into the ether and that my in-game sims which were the ones I was testing do not have traits but the savedsims in bin in CAS do.   The lesson to be learnt here is not to uninstall until all other options have been tested because it takes a shitload of time to reinstall with all patches.  I must destroy the offending sim/sims in game and hopefully begin again with installation of framework, and and and.......

I know it gives some of you great joy to see my discomfort as I admittedly am out of my comfort zone when dealing with .blah files and where they need to go.  It is pretty confusing as to whether you should have more than one config.sys file as Sims 3 is housed in not one but two places - My documents and on the C drive.  Reading through copious threads does not help when you have a specific problem which does not address it.  Patience with people who are on a learning curve could be practised a bit more on this site, but that is like asking for the moon.  

I, and I am sure, you, Pes hope I will not require your help again.  But the chances of that are slim, so I respectfully ask you to try for one moment to put yourself in the shoes of a newbie and maybe you will appreciate the frustration with not being able to solve the problem and having to rely on others who are so much more clued up to point you in the right direction.    

You can call me all the names you want, but that does not make me so, it just makes me less informed but willing to learn.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 27, 16:01:34 by Audrey » Logged
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: 2009 December 27, 15:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good for you! Cheesy

Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: 2009 December 27, 16:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well now that's over with I'm dreading the time when I actually have to throw in the towel and reinstall AwesomeMod myself. I have just come back to Sims 3 after a long break so I'm still using a completely unpatched version with the very very old AwesomeMod that went with it. When I installed it all I did was download the monkey thing and double click on the package, I didn't have to cut and paste any files manually as far as I can remember, not even framework ones so the thing got a lot more convoluted in the last few months. I'm sure the instructions will see me through though, they don't seem overly complicated. Anyway the mod doesn't appear to be throwing any expiration messages at me, perhaps it's from before these were implemented if there was such a time? To be honest I'm perfectly happy with how my game runs at the moment and I'm not planning on patching any time soon so I'm hoping the thing won't expire on me. I can live with the minor annoyance of fridges resetting everytime I switch to a different family for now.

So to restate my previous question:

The manual and wiki say that current AwesomeMod will implement AwesomeMod jealousy routines but doesn't really expand on how it adjusts them.

I found this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17154.0.html which says that the mod restricts jealousy to anyone of boy/girlfriend status or above and to sims being in the same room as each other. Is this everything it does?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 27, 16:31:22 by Sivany » Logged
Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: 2009 December 27, 16:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The last few families I've moved into a neighborhood didn't receive the welcome wagon on their first day. Is that connected to community lot swarming being off or just random?
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: 2009 December 27, 16:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you really didn't. You also missed the part where everyone gave up on you.

You can call me all the names you want, but that does not make me so, it just makes me less informed but willing to learn.

If you're so willing to learn, then how come you haven't learned how we function around here? Jesus fuck, you expect us to bow down to idiots and hand hold them through the process. News flash: we won't do it and we will continue to harass you. Pescado said earlier that your problems were not Awesome-related, and therefore not the problem of any of us here. Now do yourself a favor and return to the BBS, which you would know what it is had you bothered to read the fucking board FAQ/rules.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Koori
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: 2009 December 27, 17:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well sims in my town stopped moving in/around so I figured it was due to the price of houses. I heard 'wandhere' can help with that but whenever I use the code it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Also I might as well ask here too, random visitors have stopped showing up to the house is there any reason for that?

So the main questions are: is there a way to force movers? is my town going to fill up eventually?

Suppose this should be in here
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: 2009 December 27, 21:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you really didn't. You also missed the part where everyone gave up on you.

If you're so willing to learn, then how come you haven't learned how we function around here? Jesus fuck, you expect us to bow down to idiots and hand hold them through the process. News flash: we won't do it and we will continue to harass you. Pescado said earlier that your problems were not Awesome-related, and therefore not the problem of any of us here. Now do yourself a favor and return to the BBS, which you would know what it is had you bothered to read the fucking board FAQ/rules.

I never thought I would read "Jesus" and "fuck" in the same sentence (consecutively!!) But then again, this IS MATY

dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: 2009 December 27, 22:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me or has the "edit in CAS" option disappeared from AM completely? I'm using the newest (test) version with the newest patch, and didn't see it where it was supposed to be.

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: 2009 December 27, 22:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17154.0.html which says that the mod restricts jealousy to anyone of boy/girlfriend status or above and to sims being in the same room as each other. Is this everything it does?
Yes, it eliminates the psychic awareness and changes it to function basically the same way Romance Mod did in TS2.

fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: 2009 December 27, 23:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Added basic support infrastructure for creating custom traits and moodlets.

So, how is this done, and is anyone doing it?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 27, 23:40:00 by fiberglassdolphin » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: 2009 December 28, 00:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I did it. I made it to make the Undiscovered Shinies that Fat Gwilly People haven't asked for. Other than that, no, no one is doing it.

phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: 2009 December 28, 01:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I did it. I made it to make the Undiscovered Shinies that Fat Gwilly People haven't asked for. Other than that, no, no one is doing it.

I'd really like to make my own traits and moodlets. Any chance of someone coming out with a utility for an idiot like me to use? I offer everlasting gratitude in return.

INTP.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: 2009 December 28, 02:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The catch to making your own traits and moodlets is that, unless you already have your own mod that uses them, they will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: 2009 December 28, 04:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I did it. I made it to make the Undiscovered Shinies that Fat Gwilly People haven't asked for.

So, does the racist trait do anything? Does it give a sim a negative moodlet around sims of different skin sliders?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: 2009 December 28, 06:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, does the racist trait do anything? Does it give a sim a negative moodlet around sims of different skin sliders?
Nothing yet. It's still in development. But yes, it will do things like that. I'm sure you know who it's for.

I, and I am sure, you, Pes hope I will not require your help again.  But the chances of that are slim, so I respectfully ask you to try for one moment to put yourself in the shoes of a newbie and maybe you will appreciate the frustration with not being able to solve the problem and having to rely on others who are so much more clued up to point you in the right direction.
Given that your IQ is the same as your shoe size, you'd think you'd have gotten bigger shoes. Although I guess that would require you to think, so, nevermind.

Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: 2009 December 28, 08:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couldn't resist the dig, could ya, Pes?  Ha,ha.

Well, given that my IQ is around 125, I must have really big feet which fit perfectly into my shoes.

Oh, and by the way, did you really think I would be dumb enough to get rid of all my downloads painstakingly acquired over months?  Just backed them up to flashdrive and then put them back -everything working fine.  So there goes that theory of yours.  Sorry, I ruined your day - not.   That was pretty sadistic of you to suggest doing that and trashing my C drive, but I guess you just can't help it, can you?  I would seek help for that, but I guess sadism is a kind of psychopathy, so it's incurable.  Never mind, you and the rest of your accolytes can feed off each others' vindictiveness and nastiness - should keep you going for a while.

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people get sucked into fawning upon you in the hope that you will drop a pearl of your oh-so-snarky, sarcastic and sometimes unintelligible wisdom upon their own perception of their lowliness in comparison to you.  Come on people, this man is not a God, he breathes, shits and whatever, just like you do.  However, to give him his due, his mod has helped a lot of people, including me, to enjoy their game, but he is so puffed up with his own knowledge and importance that one pin prick would send him phtting off into the atmosphere.  That would be a shame because then AM would die and so would our enjoyment of the game. 

Pes, not ashamed to admit that I don't know anything like as much as you and some others on here about .blah files and the like but that doesn't make me stupid, just uninformed, but the more I come on here, the more I learn.  I learnt that there are lots of people like me who don't know the difference between a .ini and a .sys file and are on this site trying to make sense of what is borking their game.  I learnt that there are genuinely nice people who are wiling to help and there are some who just float around on their broomsticks just looking for people to pounce on and gobble them all up and spit them out. 

Anyone reading this, which one are you?  I will take a bet with myself that not many, if any, will answer that question.

Anyway peace until the next match Wink.  No hard feelings.    
« Last Edit: 2009 December 28, 09:13:22 by Audrey » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: 2009 December 28, 09:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, given that my IQ is around 125, I must have really big feet which fit perfectly into my shoes.
Anyone who feels the need to bring up their alleged IQ in a conversation about their stupidity, then cite such a puny number anyway, is stupid. Period.

Oh, and by the way, did you really think I would be dumb enough to get rid of all my downloads painstakingly acquired over months?
Do I look like I really care?

I would seek help for that, but I guess sadism is a kind of psychopathy, so it's incurable.
Why would I even want a cure? I was selectively bred to be this way. It gives my edge in combat. Clearly, it is superior to being like one of you weaklings.

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people get sucked into fawning upon you in the hope that you will drop a pearl of your oh-so-snarky, sarcastic and sometimes unintelligible wisdom upon their own perception of their lowliness in comparison to you.
You do realize that when I start giving out snarky answers, it means you've worn out my tolerance for your stupidity, right?

Pes, not ashamed to admit that I don't know anything like as much as you and some others on here about .blah files and the like but that doesn't make me stupid, just uninformed, but the more I come on here, the more I learn.
Yes it does. If you weren't stupid, you'd have been informed already.

I learnt that there are lots of people like me who don't know the difference between a .ini and a .sys file and are on this site trying to make sense of what is borking their game.
One is a .ini, the other is a .sys! How can this be any more obvious?!? You'd think it wouldn't take a genius to grasp the concept that THINGS WITH DIFFERENT NAMES ARE CLEARLY INTENDED TO BE DIFFERENT. Or is this projectionism? You are stupid, so you assume everyone else is as stupid as you?

Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: 2009 December 28, 10:01:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is the most you have spoken to anyone in quite a long time - hit a nerve? You are clearly obsessed with stupidity - it's called a superiority complex.  If it makes you happy to think that I am stupid, well go right ahead, but it doesn't make it so.   Hee, hee, you make me laugh out loud.  Thanks for that - I need a good giggle.  Ciao for now, bambino.  Mwah.

« Last Edit: 2009 December 28, 10:10:24 by Audrey » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: 2009 December 28, 10:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* witch installs lazors on her broomstick

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.