More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 03:10:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1733954 times)
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1800 on: 2009 December 25, 19:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*facepalm*

It says right where you make the config file where it goes. Go read it. Hint: Where you have it isn't it.

Copy the Resource.cfg file and paste the copy into The Sims 3 directory, but not into Mods>Packages.

Ermm,  according to the coconnor who made the tutorial for framework to get awesomemod to work, the cfg file is supposed to be in the Sims 3 directory, exactly where I have latest version of awesomemod.  Maybe you can give me another hint!!!!

The Resource.cfg file is not the awesome mod config file. I just reread your complaint. You're talking about awesome mod config issues, so clearly you are not working with the Resource.cfg file anymore. They are completely different files and go in completely different places and you can find the location for EACH of these on this forum in the stickied topics. That's as specific as I'm getting. Now go read.

I knew that and no I'm not talking about resource.cfg but the awesomemod config tool which allows the configurations of awesomemod to be saved. I have saved my config tool settings to where Pes says in the same directory as the awesomemod which is currently in Sims 3 directory.  So in spite of reading stickies still don't know where I should have these files to update the config file.  I have WA installed so working with 2.3 patch.  As that was your last hint, Silent Dreamer, maybe somebody else could help me. 
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: 2009 December 25, 20:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew that and no I'm not talking about resource.cfg but the awesomemod config tool which allows the configurations of awesomemod to be saved. I have saved my config tool settings to where Pes says in the same directory as the awesomemod which is currently in Sims 3 directory.  So in spite of reading stickies still don't know where I should have these files to update the config file.  I have WA installed so working with 2.3 patch.  As that was your last hint, Silent Dreamer, maybe somebody else could help me. 

Read the stickies. You're doing it wrong. I really cannot believe you are having so much difficulty following a few simple steps. If that doesn't work, I suggest you return your computer to the shop, in the time honoured manner, and tell them you are too stupid to own it.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: 2009 December 26, 02:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I did not do this but now I have a mods/ files folder in my World Adventures folder that has the resource file in it.
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: 2009 December 26, 10:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew that and no I'm not talking about resource.cfg but the awesomemod config tool which allows the configurations of awesomemod to be saved. I have saved my config tool settings to where Pes says in the same directory as the awesomemod which is currently in Sims 3 directory.  So in spite of reading stickies still don't know where I should have these files to update the config file.  I have WA installed so working with 2.3 patch.  As that was your last hint, Silent Dreamer, maybe somebody else could help me.  

Read the stickies. You're doing it wrong. I really cannot believe you are having so much difficulty following a few simple steps. If that doesn't work, I suggest you return your computer to the shop, in the time honoured manner, and tell them you are too stupid to own it.

As helpful as ever, I see, Witch.  True to name, true to character.

1.  Copy the framework files into both the base game and the expansion directories.  The paths should be something like C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/World Adventures.   Leave the empty files in both locations.  Check - did that.
2.  Copy the d3dx9_31.dll file into the Game>Bin folder of both the above directories.  Leave those files in both.  Check - did that.
3.  Download a new copy of AwesomeMod, unzip it and copy the AwesomeMod file first into The Sims 3 directory. Check - did that.  But there seems to be a phrase missing here because it says 'first' implying that there is a next step in point 3.
4.  Copy the Resource.cfg file and paste the copy into The Sims 3 directory, but not into Mods>Packages. Um, the resource config file is already in the Sims 3 directory as per point 1 as it is part of the framework file.  
5.  Try the game to see if it works.  You can tell if AwesomeMod is being recognized by typing Ctrl-Shift-C to bring up the command console and then typing "showconfig".  If it is recognized you will see 4 pages of detail about how your personal copy of AwesomeMod is configured. Typed in showconfig, saw 3 pages of detail but all set to default not as I saved it.
6.  If that does not work, then take AwesomeMod out of the The Sims 3/Mods/Packages file and paste it into the World Adventures/Mods/Packages folder.  Cut the Resource.cfg file from The Sims 3 directory and paste it into the World Adventures directory (but again, not in Mods>Packages).  Really confused by this one as nowhere does it say above to put Awesomemod into the Packages file, yet it is telling me to take it out of the packages file  Huh.  Then here in point 6 it says not in Mods>Packages file - well it isn't there.  It's in Sims 3 Directory as per instruction.  

7.  Run the game again and repeat the other instructions in Step 5.

If you are using any sub-folders in your Mods>Packages files, change your Resource.cfg file to read as below:

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

Really fucking confused about the instructions above.  

Okay, in spite of instructions above, I installed an updated awesomemod + configuration tool in Sims 3 directory and also in packages file.  Now my config tool is updated, yay.  But much worse, now my lots and roads are blue.  This sucks big time.  Is it awesomemod causing the problem or something else?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 26, 12:03:33 by Audrey » Logged
Branr
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: 2009 December 26, 14:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick note, anyone who quotes Donnie Darko in a Sims 3 mod rules!
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: 2009 December 26, 19:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, in spite of instructions above, I installed an updated awesomemod + configuration tool in Sims 3 directory and also in packages file.  Now my config tool is updated, yay.  But much worse, now my lots and roads are blue.  This sucks big time.  Is it awesomemod causing the problem or something else?

Try this:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=381540

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: 2009 December 26, 19:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only if you subscribe to the idea of the stereotypical 'bad' witch.

I'm fucking sick of seeing your blathering incompetence all over MATY. Not only have you confused yourself but I'm betting you've fucked over a number of players looking for a functional answer. 

Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: 2009 December 27, 01:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The manual and wiki say that awesomod will implement AwesomeMod jealousy routines but doesn't really expand on how it adjusts them.

I found this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17154.0.html which says that the mod restricts jealousy to anyone of boy/girlfriend status or above and to sims being in the same room as each other. Is this everything it does?

Copy the Resource.cfg file and paste the copy into The Sims 3 directory, but not into Mods>Packages. Um, the resource config file is already in the Sims 3 directory as per point 1 as it is part of the framework file.
I would assume you're supposed to let the new copy overwrite the old copy. If not then this isn't as obvious as I first thought.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 27, 01:20:47 by Sivany » Logged
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: 2009 December 27, 04:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The manual and wiki say that awesomod will implement AwesomeMod jealousy routines but doesn't really expand on how it adjusts them.

I found this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17154.0.html which says that the mod restricts jealousy to anyone of boy/girlfriend status or above and to sims being in the same room as each other. Is this everything it does?

Copy the Resource.cfg file and paste the copy into The Sims 3 directory, but not into Mods>Packages. Um, the resource config file is already in the Sims 3 directory as per point 1 as it is part of the framework file.
I would assume you're supposed to let the new copy overwrite the old copy. If not then this isn't as obvious as I first thought.
Yes, overwrite the original file.  You may have to modify the file, dependent on how you have set up your folders, and whether or not you have WA.  It is becoming exponentially more complicated. 

Not speaking about you, however, idiots are already failing to follow simple directions and complaining that it is too confusing.  I suppose that is to be expected, and can't say I wasn't warned.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: 2009 December 27, 07:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, you will throw a rod one of these days, coconnor.  I just hope I am here to see it. 

The idiots start getting to you after a while, don't they?
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: 2009 December 27, 07:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Snowbawl, I'm almost brain-dead here ... THIS IS NOT GOOD!  Wish I knew you IRL. And, to top it off, there are a bunch of other "id 1iots" one must deal with!  Apathy is one thing (and I have definitely got that theme goin' on) , but what about the "cool kids" (sounds like something you would not want to be) posting stupid threads about how much you hate someone you don't give a shit about at all?  VERY interesting!  I don't get it ... and, moreover, can't be "arsed" to care...

Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: 2009 December 27, 09:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm fucking sick of seeing your blathering incompetence all over MATY. Not only have you confused yourself but I'm betting you've fucked over a number of players looking for a functional answer. 

Oh so, you must be from Hogwarts where all the 'good' witches hang out. NOT.  And if you are so fucking sick of seeing my 'incompetence all over MATY' (actually 2 threads) then get off the forum, or maybe you could offer a word of advice instead of what you do best, name calling and general nasty behaviour.

Coconnor, thank you for your sticky of instructions, I have sorted out the problem and the show config is showing up with the updates. 

I now have a whole new set of problems, no traits, no lifetime wishes.  Any constructive advice is welcome from anyone. 

Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: 2009 December 27, 10:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh so, you must be from Hogwarts where all the 'good' witches hang out. NOT.  And if you are so fucking sick of seeing my 'incompetence all over MATY' (actually 2 threads) then get off the forum, or maybe you could offer a word of advice instead of what you do best, name calling and general nasty behaviour.

Coconnor, thank you for your sticky of instructions, I have sorted out the problem and the show config is showing up with the updates. 

I now have a whole new set of problems, no traits, no lifetime wishes.  Any constructive advice is welcome from anyone. 

Long-time lurker here. Just recently registered. I'll take a stab but I think you may have confused yourself at some instruction and borked something up.

Just for the sake of getting rid of any misplaced files and starting fresh, I really gotta recommend you uninstall, delete your Sims 3 and World Adventures folders entirely, REinstall, download the helper Monkey recommended in the AM thread and install IT to let IT set up the framework for you. Then just copy the d3dx9_31.dll file into the "World Adventures/Game/Bin" folder, and install all your mods with the right-click menu options given by the Monkey.

Just to clarify: ALL mods, including AM and its config file, should be in the "The Sims 3/Mods/Packages" or "World Adventures/Mods/Packages" folder trees somewhere. They can be nested in a DEEPER folder like "The Sims 3/Mods/Packages/Hacks" or whatever but make sure you only have ONE copy of ANY mod installed. Do not copy the mod into BOTH trees. Choose one or the other.

Try deleting your cache files to clear up the anomalies.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: 2009 December 27, 10:32:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to insult Witch, who is a regular here, you can forget it.  Besides, I've already determined that you're not worth it.  Not sure what your "original" (NOT) post was about, but I DON'T CARE.  Now, I'm "Yelling At You."  Figure it out.  I am currently not inclined to help you.  And,  I sincerely doubt that anyone else is going to rush in to be your "knight in shining armour".

I don't think I will ever offer you any advice again ... and if I don't then surely you're screwed on this site. anyway.  Perhaps, Audrey, you will need to return to BBS since you can't even follow simple directions.  Funny. how we keep crossing paths, isn't it?
« Last Edit: 2009 December 27, 10:38:10 by coconnor » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: 2009 December 27, 10:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No traits/LTWs is caused by old mods. Get rid of 'em.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: 2009 December 27, 10:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a quick question: What exactly is the"files" folder for? It's part of the framework download and should be put next to the packages folder.
Also, if I edit my original resource folder, should I edit the one in the "files" folder too??

~ Condemnation without investigation is the peak of ignorance ~
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: 2009 December 27, 10:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No traits/LTWs is caused by old mods. Get rid of 'em.

Heh. Watch her fuck this up too.  Cheesy

Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: 2009 December 27, 11:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to insult Witch, who is a regular here, you can forget it.  Besides, I've already determined that you're not worth it.  Not sure what your "original" (NOT) post was about, but I DON'T CARE.  Now, I'm "Yelling At You."  Figure it out.  I am currently not inclined to help you.  And,  I sincerely doubt that anyone else is going to rush in to be your "knight in shining armour".

I don't think I will ever offer you any advice again ... and if I don't then surely you're screwed on this site. anyway.  Perhaps, Audrey, you will need to return to BBS since you can't even follow simple directions.  Funny. how we keep crossing paths, isn't it?

Coconnor, I am really not sure what I have done to offend you that you have given me such a vitreolic post.  Yes, I am worth it.  I am a person who is experiencing difficulties with WA and AM.  I am not particularly computer-literate, so I do need a bit of hand-holding.  If I did offend you, I apologise.  I am not really sure what you are talking about with crossing of paths.  Do I know you from some other site? What is BBS?  The only other site sims site I am a member of is MTS.

Without getting into who insulted whom first, your defence of Witch is admirable, but something tells me she is more than able to defend herself and is quite enjoying this little mini feud. Witch - truce?

I don't want a knight in shining armour, I just want to play my game and be able to leave everyone here in peace.  

Thanks Pes for answering me.  When you say 'old mods' do you mean old awesomemod because I only have the latest updated version.

Thank you Baarogue, that was really helpful information. 
« Last Edit: 2009 December 27, 11:43:14 by Audrey » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: 2009 December 27, 11:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I mean all your XML crap. Dump 'em. All of them. I'm really not interested in supporting the crap you downloaded from other people. If you're going to lie about having done so, at least make sure that you've actually located the problem.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: 2009 December 27, 11:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes, thank you again for answering me.  Please forgive me, if again I sound stupid.  When you say XML crap, do you mean core mods?  It is only by asking what appear to be stupid questions to you, that I will learn and so become more computer-literate and less likely to piss off the people who do know what they are doing. 

Am I safe to leave in clothing, make-up, hair and all that crap or is it only core mods that will be a problem? 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: 2009 December 27, 11:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get rid of all of it. I don't have the time or inclination to walk you through every possible scenario your stupidity has produced, so just get rid of everything. No, don't back it up somewhere. Just wipe it out. All of it.

Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: 2009 December 27, 12:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, okay.  Thank you.  Still don't know what XML is  Smiley

Another question:  I have typed the exact wording from showconfig results into grey bar at top of game and put a space and then true or false depending on what I am trying to change and I get an error message that it doesn't recognise the wording.  Am I only able to change the settings from the internet link in AM thread?

edit:  I have only two things in my mods folder in sims3 base and that is the latest awesomemod and the config tool.  My config.sys has three lines of code as per the framework. Nothing in my downloads folder.  Still no traits.   Really pissed off because I took you at your word and have gotten rid of all my downloads.  Now what?

Re-edit.  Even took out Awesomemod - still no traits.  This is puzzling.  Just base game and WA up to 2.33 patch

Come on guys - help me here, please. 
« Last Edit: 2009 December 27, 13:03:26 by Audrey » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: 2009 December 27, 13:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You missed some. Remove your hard drive and incinerate it with thermite to make sure that everything is destroyed. It's the only way to be sure. Install a new hard drive and reinstall everything.

Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: 2009 December 27, 13:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I get it.  You are trying to teach me a lesson.  I am down on my knees, please help. 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: 2009 December 27, 13:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not following directions. If you're not going to follow the instructions, what's the point?

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: