More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 04:20:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1734174 times)
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1700 on: 2009 December 05, 04:33:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wizard, you said that it would be best to start with a clean game and not reinstall saves using this latest patch. Did you not add back your saves? If you didn't how do you give the sims traits?

I dumped my saves to the desktop, and used a new temp game to have a look through WA, and the new feature 1.6 gave us.  I usually do that before using an old save in case something screws up the game.  After seeing reports of old saved games suddenly being all bugged, so I discarded the old saves and started again.

To add traits, I just create my sim, then click on the heart tab (I think it's a heart shape, never pay much attention) and click the add traits link on the second (I think) tab that comes up, the traits are there and have always been for my games.

After EAxis TS2 patches would work properly unless you dumped your current game and started fresh, I got use to restarting every 6 months or so.  I just did the same thing this time.  Plus it lets me change the game direction from the start, who my sim marries, where he lives, what he does, etc.  Keeps it more interesting for me.  I usually work between 2 games, one from Riverview and one from Sunset Valley.  If EAxis ever get their neighbourhood maker up and running, I'll probably make my own hood and stay there, or tweak the other two more to my liking.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: 2009 December 05, 05:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it must be my computer then. Thank you
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: 2009 December 05, 07:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know or if Pes reads this...when Auto save is enabled, does it save or save as the next time around?  I am finding I am getting Error 16 when my game is set to auto save (several saves into the play session).  I just started a new neighborhood and my computer had just been rebooted so my ram was good to go.  I am trying to figure out what causes the Error 16, and I always Save As, and wondered what auto save did.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: 2009 December 05, 07:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autosave always saves to the AutosaveX slot. It will not affect what happens when you save nor save as. "Save" saves to the current slot, "Save As" saves to a user-specified slot but CHANGES your current slot to that slot for any future "Save". AutoSave does neither of these things, saving to an automatically specified slot without altering the present save slot. If an AutoSave fails to save, it has no impact on your game's ability to save or save as.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: 2009 December 05, 07:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay thanks.  I have been really struggling with this stupid game since getting WA.  I get a lot of Error 16s and a shit load of corrupt sims and lots.  I have been pouring through forums and deleting CC, and still get errors. 

According to EA (yeah, I know  Roll Eyes ) they say you should never get an Error 16 after you patch your game and start from a fresh hood and save as.  I have done all of that and still can't get very far before the whole town implodes.  So just wondered how the Auto save feature worked.  Looks like more CC removing and testing.

Misaki
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: 2009 December 05, 08:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello.

I've got a silly question, If I had the AM story mode enabled, can I disable the EAxis one on options? Or do I have to have it on?

Thanks in advance.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: 2009 December 05, 09:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello.

I've got a silly question, If I had the AM story mode enabled, can I disable the EAxis one on options? Or do I have to have it on?

Thanks in advance.

In my experience story mode must be switched on for AwesomeStory to function. Which makes sense if you think about it--that way you can enable AwesomeStory in your config and still be able to turn it off in the options menu for time to time for whatever reason.

INTP.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: 2009 December 05, 10:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay thanks.  I have been really struggling with this stupid game since getting WA.  I get a lot of Error 16s and a shit load of corrupt sims and lots.  I have been pouring through forums and deleting CC, and still get errors. 

According to EA (yeah, I know  Roll Eyes ) they say you should never get an Error 16 after you patch your game and start from a fresh hood and save as.  I have done all of that and still can't get very far before the whole town implodes.  So just wondered how the Auto save feature worked.  Looks like more CC removing and testing.

Try checking for a new patch EAxis.  Error 16 occurred with the 1.6 patch and was fixed with the corresponding 1.7/2.2.8 for WA, supposedly.

bettybrant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: 2009 December 05, 13:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope I'm posting this question in the right place; my apologies if not.  My version of Awesomemod expired on Dec. 2, and my game is unpatched -- that is, I've only patched the game as far as 1.4.6.  (The reason for this is that my daughter is getting WA for Christmas, and I'm not changing the game even to patch it until WA is installed).  Is there a version of Awesomemod that won't expire and that will still work with only version 1.4.6 of the game?
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: 2009 December 05, 14:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a version of Awesomemod that won't expire and that will still work with only version 1.4.6 of the game?

No, no and also no.
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: 2009 December 05, 16:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new version of AM with patch 1.7 doesn't work with http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=348890&c=1&ht=0&page=2&pp=25. All social interactions are gone when you have it installed. I just thought I would let everyone know, because it probably doesn't work with other teen pregnancy mods either.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: 2009 December 05, 16:25:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't work because it's a CORE MOD. AwesomeMod is also a CORE MOD. You can only have one core mod. A pregnancy mod that is NOT a core mod might work just fine.
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: 2009 December 05, 16:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Morphar...I'll make another attempt in a couple days and post my results.

Update 11/23:
I updated to 1.6.6, but still the problem persists.
I read the info on Morphar's link and the consensus is that the sound 2 tab in Direct X Diagnostics is the root of the problem...unfortunately I can't see any way to remove it as specified as there is no indication of the culprit 56k modem in my device manager or control panel. Changing the hardware acceleration didn't help either.

I did find an odd Multimedia audio controller in 'Other devices' in the device manager, but disabling it had no effect.

Until there is a fix by EA or a more comprehensive understanding of the issues, it's 1.2.7 for me...

I just checked this after the 1.7.9 patch. The problem is still not fixed. You can turn off the dial up modem sound in the Device Manager under Sound Video and Game Controllers. In my case it is called Unimodem Half Duplex Audio Device.

If you can't find it remove the dial up modem board from your computer.
What on earth have they done? The modem sound makes the game unplayable. It all started with the 1.4 patch
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: 2009 December 05, 21:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is working!  The traits are showing up, I have no idea what I did to fix it.  

If you haven't been following my problem then check back a few post in this thread if you want to read everything; but just to narrow it down, I had reinstalled my game and the only mod I had reinstall was Awesomemod and its config file. I didn't even install my saves. It was a clean install. The problem: my traits disappeared all but the stupid trait. I couldn't get them in CAS and the sims that were in the game didn't have traits. I did everything by the book when I installed. Awesomemod was working. No one could help and had not idea what the problem was. I tried reinstalling my saves, it didn't help.

The only thing I done to fix it was give up on Awesomemod. I removed it and the config file and install another story progression mod.  It worked! All my traits were there. I reinstalled the rest of my mods and it stopped working. After filtering through the mods I updated a couple and it started work again.

Then it started nagging me. If this mod can work why can't Awesomemod?  As I said in a previous post, I don't give up easily.  The only thing different was Awesomemod and the Awesomemod Config file was missing. So I begin to wonder if there was something I had set in the config file that was causing the problem. I thought it may have been the setting where you can keep testingcheatsenabled true on permanently.  So I removed the story progression mod I was using and reinstalled Awesomemod. It worked! I checked the config to see if the settings were the same, they were. Testingcheatsenabled true was still on. So I reinstalled the config file. It's still working.

What could have happened to make it start working?  Anyone got any idea?

EDIT:  Something I haven't mentioned. I did update the awesomemod that was suppose be outdated I think tomorrow but it still didn't help. That was right before I gave up and removed it. I don't know if there was a change in it that didn't show up until this last install. Not likely, but I thought I would throw that out there.  Or maybe installing the other story progession did something to change something.

I am afraid to turn my game off, it might stop working again.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 05, 21:29:34 by Sandman » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: 2009 December 06, 02:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado:
I am talking about the sample sims the game normally give you to choose from in the Pre-made Sim box in CAS.
Working as designed. Tap the asterix icon. AwesomeMod is programmed to default to displaying only the custom sims first, because most people are generally not in the habit of loading a bunch of premades, and as in TS2, people actually made hiders to banish them. Doubly important because the premade list is quite large and loads slowly.

I can choose the traits on my grandson's computer, I think because I have my saved sims installed in it.  But on my computer I can't choose traits for any sim I create or any of the sims in the Pre-made Sims box whether they are downloaded or are pre-made. Lol I take that back, it does give me the option of the "Stupid" trait so at least I can make myself.
Once again, I point the blame squarely at tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mhavril
Asinine Airhead

I told you so.

View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: 2009 December 06, 05:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, lifetimehappiness no longer works on my game. Has this happened to anyone else, and is there an fix/alternative?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: 2009 December 06, 06:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, lifetimehappiness no longer works on my game. Has this happened to anyone else, and is there an fix/alternative?

It DOES work.

Turn on debugcommands.  Either in the config file, or by "setconfig debugcommands true" in game.  It is no longer active with teastingcheats, you have to turn on debugcommands.

mhavril
Asinine Airhead

I told you so.

View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: 2009 December 06, 11:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It DOES work.

Turn on debugcommands.  Either in the config file, or by "setconfig debugcommands true" in game.  It is no longer active with teastingcheats, you have to turn on debugcommands.

Thank you, sir!
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: 2009 December 06, 14:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As stated previously the traits were not showing up in my game while playing with Awesomemod since I last reinstalled and updated the game.  This had happen only sporadically previously and only maybe the last couple of weeks or so. I didn't really pay much attention, thinking it was only a glitch until they stopped showing up at all when I reinstalled and updated.

Does anyone know if it is possible for Awesomemod to conflict with outdated mods if they are NOT included in the same folder?

The only mods I had in the c:\programfiles\electronicarts\mods\packages folder was Awesomemod and the config file. However, I did have outdated mods (not knowing at the time they were outdated) saved elsewhere on my computer.

As stated above when I installed the other mods in c:\programfiles\electronicarts\mods\packages, updated them and removed the old saved mods from elsewhere on my computer to the recycle bin the traits appeared while using Awesomemod. The game started working fine with Awesomemod!

That is the only thing I can come up with that may have caused the problem I was having.

However, I tried to reenact it by restoring the outdated mods but the trait still showed up. So maybe removing them to the recycle bin broke the contact enough to straigten Awesomemod out.

I haven't had this problem until about the same time they came out with the new patch and then it was just occasionally and only with certain lots and I imagine that is when the other mods became outdated. But it wasn't a big problem until I reinstall my game and I couldn't get traits at all.

It seems like from Sims 2 I have heard that conflicts can cross to other parts of the computer and people would tell you to completely get rid of the conflicting cc/mods from your computer. But it looks like it would still conflict even if it was in the recycle bin (I hadn't empty it yet) or maybe the recycle bin has some barrier that keeps the rest of the computer from accessing the files in there.

EDIT:  I had posted this question to a tech support web site and they did confirm that mods can conflict even they they are both not installed in the same game and are in different folders.  And I also found out that different mods may cause different types of conflict. It was the outdated Hidden Traits program that was effecting the traits, which makes sense. Then once I got that fixed I was having a problem with the relationships not showing up I removed three more of my least favorite mods and that fixed it but I am not sure yet which mod was causing that problem.

The moral to the story is if you are having problems make sure all you mods are uptodate whether they are installed in the game or just somewhere on your computer.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 11, 21:18:39 by Sandman » Logged
rooster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: 2009 December 06, 18:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just wondering how to get nectaring on supreme commander to work ? I've tried making my sim use nectar machines before and filling his inventory up with fruit but it keeps complaining 'no nectaring items available
Rainne
Dimwitted Dunce

Oh, fuck.

View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: 2009 December 06, 21:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, everyone! I have searched this question but can't find an answer, so it may be that I'm not searching the right terms, but... anyway, I hope someone can help me. Smiley

I just got World Adventures today, installed, and upgraded awesomemod and aweconf because I see on the thread that they are now for use with WA.  However, with Awesomemod installed, I can't get the game to run.  It goes through the startup sequence, then when it gets to the load screen, it just sits there.  The bar doesn't fill, and the mouse pointer just goes round and round in a circle.

I don't have any idea how to get any kind of crash report, error report or anything that might help me be more specific, so if you need that sort of thing, I'd love it if you could tell me HOW to get it for you. Otherwise, maybe it's something else that's wrong.  I still have AM and aweconf installed in the base game Mods/Packages folder.  Should I put them in the WA Mods/Packages folder instead?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Never mind - I just discovered that the install instructions have changed.  I will follow those first and then if it still doesn't work, I'll come back.  Please ignore this post.  Thanks.  *hides in embarrassment at own stupidity*

Edit to add: after following the new install directions and updating the patch to 2.2, everything seems to be working perfectly.  Game is up and running, and showconfig gives me 4 pages of configurations.  Thanks to Coconnor for the instructions, Pescado for the hack, and everyone else for ignoring me. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 December 06, 21:50:45 by Rainne » Logged

<br />Probably because you suck.<br />
sanscript
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: 2009 December 06, 23:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It DOES work.

Thank you, sir!

I tried this and it didn't recognize the "setconfig" command. Actually, it won't recognize any of the Awesomemod commands. Any other suggestions to get them to work?
kazzander
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: 2009 December 06, 23:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Sanscript

If 'setconfig' isn't showing up, or being recognised, it means you have Awesomemod installed incorrectly. When you have your game running, try entering 'showconfig'. If you don't get four pages of things that Awesomemod can do, then you have stuffed up somehow. You may need to go back and re-read the posts about where everything goes, and make sure you have the framework installed properly, or nothing is going to work for you.
sanscript
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: 2009 December 06, 23:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ack, I had a feeling that might be the case. I did my best with re-installing the mod for WA, but when I right click on my folders I don't get a "show contents" option (I'm on a Mac), so I was kind of shooting in the dark using an aliased folder that I thought showed me the right stuff. I might need someone told hold my hand through this, I'm kind of retarded about the inner workings of the file systems on this computer. I was just happy that I managed to get my game to stop freezing upon startup and assumed it was all working correctly. I'll go mess around with framework again.

ETA: Duh, no wonder it's not working! I was using these instructions, which are not for WA, I'll see if the updated guide works for me.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 06, 23:43:53 by sanscript » Logged
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: 2009 December 07, 15:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wondering how the spearmen don't defeat tanks thingy works.  I assume it has to do with fighting.  But my main question is how much of an impact martial arts skill is factored in to the fights.

Also, since we have zombies now. (err... mummies) It would be neat if we had an option where the playable/neighborhood mummies could curse people or otherwise make more mummies (maybe just to people who aren't friends).  And if brave/good sims would fight mummies and kill the bastards (if they won) when they tried.

Or perhaps the mummies would try to kill sims who aren't friends when they are hungry... and eat the brains.  But if there is an extra Sarcaphogous on their lot they'd convert a friend to a mummy and move them into their house.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: