More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:04:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722475 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1600 on: 2009 November 14, 23:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to note, I figured out the device causing the issue on my system was "Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device" "

Thank you so much Morphar! This solved my problem with Sims 3 from day one: the echoing with every sound. Now if only you have heard of the problem of no doorbell sound. I posted here and nobody seemed to have the same problem.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: 2009 November 16, 06:25:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question, regarding a weird aging glitch I seem to have encountered! I'm not sure if its AM or EA's glitch, but I'm thinking I know why its happens, due to me turning off aging at random sometimes, but I could be wrong! Anyways, just wanted to see if anyone else has the glitch, or just me, lol!

Here's the story, I used select sim, to make my child's friend's family selectable, so I could change her fitness/fatness levels, upon doing that I decided to also fix her relationships, and schoolwork and what nots. I noticed that Claire Ursine (her mother) was an elder already, and I switched over to her and fixed her up as well. She had a wish to "pick up Keli" I did not know who this Keli was, so I found her in the relationship panel and she was listed as Claire's daughter, who was a toddler, but did not live with her?? I thought that a bit strange from the get go, so I looked into the family tree to find that Keli was the product of Claire and a guy named Dave Ramsey, and lived with Dave, not her mother.

So I invited Dave over, asked him to move in, bringing their toddler with him. Upon doing that it popped up and asked if this was correct and showing me the family picture, which was odd, because Dave had his arms in the position as if he were holding an infant, and Keli was a toddler, who was standing up on top of his arm, lol. Anyways, to make a longer story short, I moved them in Keli was a toddler, with 7 days until becoming a child.

I reselected my child, and went about the day, the next day, my kid rolled a wish to have a sleepover, and since her friend slept over the night before, I had her go to her house to sleep over. The child was the only one home, but Claire showed up a few minutes later, but dad and the toddler weren't around. By 2am, I noticed dad was home, toddler still missing. So I select them, and see that the toddler is suddenly a child, or so I thought, she had a child's picture, and she was out swinging in the park at 2am!

I made her come home, when she got there I decided to edit her in CAS to fix her clothes and stuff, I noticed her picture was a little off, her arms were sticking out.. So when I got her into CAS she was a teenager!? I was baffled, but fixed her anyways, exited CAS and she was showing as a teenager on the age meter, with 14 days until being a YA, which was odd seeing as the day before she had 7 days until childhood.. Then I looked up at her, and she was a midget, so to speak! She had teenager clothes/shoes/hair, but she was the size of a child, and walking around like a toddler!! When she walked her body stretched out all funny to accommodate her grown up clothing I assume, lol.

I'm not sure what happened to her in that 1 day, but she got messed up, so I just reselected my child and made her go home, and away from the crazy family, then exited and saved. I have had this "midget" issue before, where I had a child who was in the process of aging into a teen, but was still a child on the outside, when I changed her appearance, she was a teenager in CAS, and when I exited CAS she was a really short person lol! I thought nothing of it then, because she sorted herself out when she walked away, but this child Keli, never did.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: 2009 November 16, 10:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddities like this have been reported in unmodified games as well. The cause is not known.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: 2009 November 17, 01:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if AM is going to have to be updated for the Ep that comes out tomorrow. That way I don't install it if it will be a problem.
And also wondering have there been more updates to AM since oct 20th?
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: 2009 November 17, 06:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if AM is going to have to be updated for the Ep that comes out tomorrow. That way I don't install it if it will be a problem.
And also wondering have there been more updates to AM since oct 20th?

Answers: It will most certainly have to be updated for WA, seeing as just the newest patch is already reported to be causing crashing issues with AM. Also, yes, there have been updates since 20 October. Just because they are not posted doesn't mean they don't exist. One should download and replace AM at least once a week. For more on this, see Mr. Search Button.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
JoannDanielleEvans
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: 2009 November 17, 08:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine has been crashing since the New patch, which i think is 1.4, was downloaded.  had to delete AM completely to play it.  Anyone else having issues?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: 2009 November 17, 15:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just downloaded the patch and my game was updated to version 1.6, if your still getting version 1.4, sounds like something isn't right.

Depending on when the patch was officially released, Pescado may not have had time to update AM to 1.6, which may well be causing the crash, just as the gae crashed at version 1.4 until Pescado got Am updated.  Either way, I am not too worried, as I don't have much time to play over the next couple of days, so will probably wait until Pescado gets AM updated for the EP.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: 2009 November 17, 21:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will we have a non-beta patch 1.6 base-game awesomemod release?  Pescado mentioned something about it a few weeks ago, but I don't know if plans have changed.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: 2009 November 17, 22:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Pescado was unaware of the impending 1.6 patch, his plans for a final release version of AM may change.  It may depend on what the patch fixes (or is supposed to fix) and how he needs to tweak AM to work with 1.6.

HelloKit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1609 on: 2009 November 18, 02:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since AM will most likely have to be updated for WA, and AM expires once a week forcing an update, is continued use of AM going to require WA, or will there be a base game version of AM maintained for those of us who have to wait until Christmas for WA?
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: 2009 November 18, 02:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the status on 1.6 anyway? The patch is up to 1.6.6 and the changelist is quite large... and then there's World Adventures.

Surely Awesomemod will be made compatible with both 1.6 and World Adventures?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: 2009 November 18, 02:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since AM will most likely have to be updated for WA, and AM expires once a week forcing an update, is continued use of AM going to require WA, or will there be a base game version of AM maintained for those of us who have to wait until Christmas for WA?

Pescado has stated in the request thread he was working on a final release version for the base game, something without an expiry date. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16851.250.html

My guess would be that he will possibly release a final base game version, and also release a beta version (with expiry date) for WA, thus allowing people without WA to play without having to keep downloading every week.

While that sounds like a feasible option, I could be wrong.

guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: 2009 November 18, 03:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any kind of mod like this with a game that sees expansionpacks rolling out every six weeks and needs a myriad of fixes to work properly because of it's interactive complexity will be a work in progress Wink

But I do wonder if there is such a thing as a final Awesomemod for the base game, since the base game will also continue to be updated ad infinitum because of the new content handling...
Dire Weasel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: 2009 November 18, 05:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to create an entirely new utility just to MAKE it compatible, so expect it to take awhile. The first expansion shakedown will be the hardest, and the task will likely go faster next expansion when the infrastructure is laid down.
I'm relativly new to the MATY community, how long is "a while" for Pescado? "a while", in the right context, could mean 3 hours, 3 days or 3 months. Doubt this "a while" is either 3 hours or 3 months.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: 2009 November 18, 06:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's "A While(tm)", from the makers of "Real Soon Now(tm)".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: 2009 November 18, 11:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might have a tinker with WA when it goes on sale here, tomorrow the 19th, have a browse around and see what's what and check out the new additions, get an idea of what they are like, then kill time doing other stuff while Pescado works away to get AM working with EAxis's new crap.  Last time I tried playing without AM, it was god awful, and so frustrating, forgot how much of a difference AM makes to the gameplay.

I'm relativly new to the MATY community, how long is "a while" for Pescado? "a while", in the right context, could mean 3 hours, 3 days or 3 months. Doubt this "a while" is either 3 hours or 3 months.

How long is a piece of string?

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: 2009 November 18, 13:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One Can't do any real playing without WA. Right now I just check out the buildings in the three locations and planning neighborhood layout and building lots for the build-a-world.

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: 2009 November 18, 14:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just gonna toy around with it and look for schtuff for Pescado to fix :p
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: 2009 November 18, 23:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to create an entirely new utility just to MAKE it compatible, so expect it to take awhile. The first expansion shakedown will be the hardest, and the task will likely go faster next expansion when the infrastructure is laid down.

There are two options: release at a particular time and ignore whether it works (EA's method), or release when it's ready and ignore time constraints (Pes' method).

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: 2009 November 19, 00:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

World Adventures doesn't work like I thought at all.

Sims 3 is up to 1.6.67
World Adventures is 2.0.86 and there's already a patch for World Adventures for 2.1.6

Also the system for community lots has changed. There's now an array of different types you cal select like gym, no visitors allowed, graveyard, beach, gym etc. but by default all the ones in Sunset Valley and Riverview are graveyards.
simfan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: 2009 November 19, 01:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

World Adventures is 2.0.86 and there's already a patch for World Adventures for 2.1.6

Umm where is this patch?
captaincaliena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: 2009 November 19, 01:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm where is this patch?

Open up the launcher and click "game updates"  If it doesn't come up, click refresh.  I should show up.  If it doesn't I dunno what to tell you.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: 2009 November 19, 07:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims 3 is up to 1.6.67

Sims 3 base game is now at 1.7.9 - Another new patch.

Shows how good EAxis is.  A patch ready to go when they release the product.

Also the system for community lots has changed. There's now an array of different types you cal select like gym, no visitors allowed, graveyard, beach, gym etc. but by default all the ones in Sunset Valley and Riverview are graveyards.

Huh?  Don't follow what your getting at, are all community lots now graveyards?

guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: 2009 November 19, 14:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims 3 base game is now at 1.7.9 - Another new patch.

Shows how good EAxis is.  A patch ready to go when they release the product.

At least they're now actually supporting the product pust publication, but yeah, it is highly worrysome. I can't believe we used to give Maxis grief for the bugs and patches...

Huh?  Don't follow what your getting at, are all community lots now graveyards?

Or maybe that's just the first option that pops up, but yeah, the community lots are set to some default community lot state. You can change it to other types. I haven't been able to discern if there's a difference between them because the fucking game is highly unstable and keeps crashing (brand new installation of TS3+WA, patched, no mods, cleaned leftover files and registry)
galova
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: 2009 November 21, 14:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just one quick question: I've heard that you can't remove Awesomemod and then still play the hood(s) you had before. Is it the same case if you keep Awesomemod but disable the storydriver?
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: