More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 23:01:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1734548 times)
Darksmurf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1500 on: 2009 October 03, 15:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you at least clear your Cache?
gtachampion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: 2009 October 03, 16:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I forgot to state that I cleared my cache before every restart. I always do that on a normal basis anyways.

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
escagirluk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: 2009 October 03, 18:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering, is the same sex test tube science lab babies still in the works, or has it been implemented yet? (Or has it been completely scrapped?)
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: 2009 October 03, 18:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of versions of AM ago, I also stopped getting school buses in the morning.
Are you using Twallan's career mod? This disabled the school buses. It's supposedly reenabled in the current version.

Yes I do, and after I learned this was not anything AM related, one of Twallan's hacks was my next guess as the cause. Thanks for saving me the effort of finding out which one might be causing this. Like I said, though, I don't miss the buses so I'll have to think about whether I want to update Twallan's mod or not!
dolldrms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: 2009 October 03, 18:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only had AM with the story driver enabled installed for a little over a week.  I've noticed that my inactive sims are not going to work or school and am perplexed as to why not.  I left the default options as they were for careers, jobs and school in the config file, which I think should be the correct thing to do.  I'm sure this most likely isn't a widespread problem for people or there would be more posts on the subject.  Hence, what I would like to know is if it is possible that if AM is introduced into a well established neighborhood that some of its features just don't kick in?

AM is installed properly.  I can show config, set config and use AM commands.  I currently have the 10/1/09 6:23 pm version.  I do try to be conscientious about updating to new versions as they become available.  I have cleared cache files and the game runs smoothly.  The only other problem that I have experienced is the unexpected arrival of the repoman on 4 occasions.  I have unified billing disabled to get some families established and think it is caused somehow by a change of household on a day that bills are to arrive.  A switch back a couple of days later to the family that the neighborhood originally opened with sometimes has the repoman just show up.  There is no warning that bills are unpaid, he/she repoman is just on the way.  
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: 2009 October 03, 20:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem with inactive, sacred sims not going go work unless I selected them and made them go with the ASM when I first started using it.  After I had played each household once, they started going on their own.

But it started again when my sims had a baby/toddler in the house.  Some go to work fine, others have to be sent.  I'm wondering if it has anything to do with having a little one that requires a babysitter when the parents are gone?  When I was having this problem the first time around, there was a toddler in those houses as well.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
dolldrms
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: 2009 October 03, 23:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem with inactive, sacred sims not going go work unless I selected them and made them go with the ASM when I first started using it.  After I had played each household once, they started going on their own.

But it started again when my sims had a baby/toddler in the house.  Some go to work fine, others have to be sent.  I'm wondering if it has anything to do with having a little one that requires a babysitter when the parents are gone?  When I was having this problem the first time around, there was a toddler in those houses as well.

Thanks for the reply.  So far, playing the households more than once hasn't fixed the issue.  I only have 2 households marked as sacred but the not going to work or school applies to all families in the neighborhood.  I'll just keep playing and switching around to see if anyone starts going on their own.  I can see where a baby/toddler in the house could cause a parent not to leave since they can't be left unattended but I have it happening where no baby or toddlers are present on the lot.
darnregistration
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: 2009 October 04, 02:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the delay, my wolfing run got interrupted during the night, and I had to keep it going all day. No, the problem is still there. But there are also a few cases of Sims who are elders and have full life bars, but for some reason won't die. Right now, I'm watching a woman with a full bar at 111 days old; this is still on a normal 90-day lifespan. Could someone please give me some help?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: 2009 October 04, 02:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elders don't magically die when their lifespan bar fills up, that's only when they start to run the risk of dying. The nature of random numbers means that an elder can live indefinitely, as they are no more likely to die on any given day than they were the previous day.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
darnregistration
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: 2009 October 04, 03:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elders don't magically die when their lifespan bar fills up, that's only when they start to run the risk of dying. The nature of random numbers means that an elder can live indefinitely, as they are no more likely to die on any given day than they were the previous day.
Okay, yes, the old woman finally died at 117 days. That was an overreaction on my part, trying to find as many out-of-place things as possible to give a full prognosis.

I've been checking around, and it seems it's not just adult pregnant Sims who won't celebrate their birthdays; young adult pregnant Sims won't move onto the next stage either. Everyone else, it seems, is aging up just fine.
Naples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: 2009 October 04, 04:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pregnant Sims will not have a birthday until after they deliver. I did have a problem where a Sim got pregnant but wouldn't deliver, ever, so I had to falconpunch her and bam she aged up the next day. Is this your problem?

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Abraham Lincoln
darnregistration
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: 2009 October 04, 04:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose that would work. If it was just one Sim, and it wasn't happening throughout the entire neighborhood. I don't exactly want to zoom out every few weeks to perform maintenance work on every pregnant woman in the neighborhood. Perhaps there's a bug somewhere in the pregnancy code. Or does it happen in the main game as well (with or without patches)?

Dang it, I just wanted to do a simple wolfing run, not debug a third-party mod.
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: 2009 October 04, 05:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the reply.  So far, playing the households more than once hasn't fixed the issue.  I only have 2 households marked as sacred but the not going to work or school applies to all families in the neighborhood.  I'll just keep playing and switching around to see if anyone starts going on their own.  I can see where a baby/toddler in the house could cause a parent not to leave since they can't be left unattended but I have it happening where no baby or toddlers are present on the lot.

Sims not going to work or school is, in my experience, an EAxis issue. It happens to me eventually in every neighborhood I've started, sometimes sooner, sometimes later, but eventually they just stop going on their own. Awesomemod doesn't fix this completely, I think because the solution of just forcing everyone to go is too crude and inflexible. Storymode will catch a few of the slackers and send them off, but it definitely doesn't force everyone to work once the problem starts. I use twallan's work pusher mod, which gets the job done, but it uses the brute force approach. Forget taking a day off work if you have the Vacationer perk - it won't let you.

And funny you should mention toddlers - even with the work pusher installed, the occasional sim will resist the push, and 90% of the time I find them standing in the garden with a toddler. I don't think it's so much that they need a babysitter, it's just that between going inside, putting down the spawn, and heading to work, the work command gets blown out of the queue somehow.

Sorry for the delay, my wolfing run got interrupted during the night, and I had to keep it going all day. No, the problem is still there. But there are also a few cases of Sims who are elders and have full life bars, but for some reason won't die. Right now, I'm watching a woman with a full bar at 111 days old; this is still on a normal 90-day lifespan. Could someone please give me some help?

A 90-day lifespan doesn't mean that sims will automatically croak at 90 days. It means that once they get to 90 days, there's a certain percent chance every day that they're going to die. As far as I can tell, this is NOT cumulative, so there's a chance that some sims could live a very long time if the random roll is on their side. I was playing on a 360 day lifespan in one neighborhood, and freaking Nick Alto would. not. die. I think he was 470 when he finally bit it.

EDIT: Bleh, what Pescado already said while I was typing  Tongue
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: 2009 October 04, 13:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the work pusher mod and didn't see that it made any real difference in sending sims to work.  I was having another problem with inactive chosen sims advancing by 2 or 3 job levels in a matter of a day or two and I took that mod out, which seemed to stop it.  May have just been my game, though.  I don't have many mods and it didn't start until after I put the work pusher in.

And yes, my parents who don't go and need to be pushed are always standing by the garden with the toddler.  Is this an EAxis thing?  Does the game send everyone to the garden when they're inactive at home?   Sims will gad about town like I'd expect, but it seems like when they're at home they spend a lot of time hanging around the garden.  Sometimes they just stand there, other times I can see them playing with the sprinkler.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
LearnSomethingFromThis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: 2009 October 04, 15:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to make sims of different life stages siblings in CAS?
Darksmurf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: 2009 October 04, 17:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already possible.
LearnSomethingFromThis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: 2009 October 05, 19:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already possible.

How? It won't give me the option when I try to make a young adult sibling to a teenager.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1517 on: 2009 October 05, 22:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already possible.

How? It won't give me the option when I try to make a young adult sibling to a teenager.

Does the teenager already have an adult parent?  I don't think adults can be parents to young adults

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: 2009 October 06, 03:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due to the fact that the base UI only permits 2 different relationship options to be displayed, some options cannot be displayed under normal circumstances. To create a YA that is a sibling to a 12, parent them both to the same sim.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ghostie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: 2009 October 06, 07:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just put in the awsome mod & apparently it has expired & I can no longer use the game.
Is there a more recent version coming up ?
catshirlann
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: 2009 October 06, 08:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone please help me? Using AwesomeMod, I enjoy giving my sims over 5 traits. When I click on "special" in my sim's social interactions,not all the traits are shown. I really thought I had read somewhere that there is a way to make more options to show up and click on. I tried a search in vain. Thanks in advance for any help given.

Old Japanese proverb:
  "The raised nail gets hammered down."
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: 2009 October 06, 12:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone please help me? Using AwesomeMod, I enjoy giving my sims over 5 traits. When I click on "special" in my sim's social interactions,not all the traits are shown. I really thought I had read somewhere that there is a way to make more options to show up and click on. I tried a search in vain. Thanks in advance for any help given.

Probably because not all of the traits have "Special" interactions.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: 2009 October 06, 12:54:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the traits that actually HAVE applicable specials show, but not all traits have a Special action, and not all the special actions they DO have are necessarily applicable to the target, so won't appear.

phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: 2009 October 06, 18:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the extended lifespan I had a guy live 320 days (the bar runs out at 192 or so). I finally killed him myself. I sort of regret that now because I wonder how long he would have gone. He outlived everyone in his own generation and the next. I was appalled when he became a boyfriend to the great-great-granddaughter of one of his peers (that I had made at the same time I made him). He had achieved all of the athletic challenges, so that contributed.

INTP.
catshirlann
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: 2009 October 07, 05:22:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wizard merlin and J.M. Pescado, you both have my gratitude. I now understand why some of the traits don't show up when I click on "special". Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 October 07, 05:28:21 by catshirlann » Logged

Old Japanese proverb:
  "The raised nail gets hammered down."
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: