More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:05:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722565 times)
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1475 on: 2009 September 29, 03:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realize this may not be funny to you, but when I took a look at her "new" lab outfit - I lol'd.

Did you try typing "unlockoutfits on" in the console and then try editing her outfit in CAS? I haven't had an occasion to personally try that but I understand that's supposed to unlock all the career outfits.

Oh I did indeed lol. I still do every time she gets ready for work.
I set the config in-game, turning the edit career outfits on. It added the tab for career outfits to the UI in CAS but clicking on that tab resulted in nothing: no outfits to edit.

What I did find is that I can actually click on the dresser and have her change into the correct career outfit and she'll keep it on when she goes to work. This is seperate from the EditCareerOutfit and I'm not sure if it's default game or AM related. *shrug* It works, though she still tries to dress like she's auditioning for Saturday Night Fever if left to default.

Now I just need to dig up some more info on the NULL KEY lifetime rewards.

----

@Sandman - I don't know if the announcements you are getting are from AM or ISM but AM does have a story announcement. Disabled by default but when enabled it does all those things you are saying you are getting: jobs, moves, marriages, pollinations. I don't recall it announcing births but I don't think I've had any birhts in a good while either.

You *can* use AwesomeMod and IndieStone together. You *can not* use AwesomeStoryMode and IndieStoneMod together.
ASM is (inside) AM, not enabled by default and not exactly the same thing as AM.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 29, 03:23:17 by myskaal » Logged
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: 2009 September 29, 03:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I don't think it is Awesomod either simply because like you said when ISM is in story mod AM isn't. In my case it diffinately was ISM because it was set to kill off my sims. When I changed it to off it stopped doing it. And why it was killing them off, I don't know my town isn't that big. I only have about five custom families.

Maybe AM is better at populating the town but if ISM is set to global immergration off the ISM shouldn't blow up the town with Sims, evidently it does with it turn on. I would rather create all my sims myself rather than let the game create them anyway. That way I can have the best features of both mods.

I really wish someone would either figure out how to teleport or create a way without using testingcheatsenabled true (someone said it would kill your computer...Sad. I got hooked on it in Sims 2  And that telport pad is a nuisance it would be faster just to hale a Taxi.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: 2009 September 29, 03:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The story announcements are part of AwesomeMod not AwesomeStoryMode.

Is this confusing enought for you yet?  Cheesy
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: 2009 September 29, 03:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do not receive birth announcements with AM, though it would be nice (hint hint).
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: 2009 September 29, 03:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the announcements are new to the newer updates. The one I was trying to use was old. I didn't realize he was updating them.

However I don't think (unless it is new) it has the option to customize each lot for allowing or not allowing aging, births, relationships, immergration, careers, and radom deaths. I like to slow my favorite sims down the babies grow up way too fast just like in real life...Sad And I don't want my favorite sims marrying just anyone and I certainly don't want them to die or get old. I don't let them get past adults.

If there is a way, is has to be selected from the cheat window and it is much easier to to use the cell phone and pick the options. You don't have to keep a list of the options you just click what you want to select.

I am tempted to uninstall ISM to see what the difference is but my game is working too good right now to mess with it.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: 2009 September 29, 03:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get birth announcements with Buzzler's Birth Control Mirror (see Pudding Factory).

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: 2009 September 29, 04:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Currently my little surgeon is working at the hospital dressed in this:

Any ideas how one might get her back into her labcoat?

What worked for me when I wanted my world renowned surgeon to look like a surgeon rather than a mad scientist, I dressed him in his work uniform, then used "editsim".  This put him in CAS in his work uniform, with the other work uniforms, as well as other clothing available to choose from.  I changed it, then clicked the check to get out.  He now uses his new uniform when he goes to work.  Make sure your sim is in their work uniform when you enter "editsim".

While I'm asking questions here...I also have a problem with moving sims out of my house. As the teens become young adults, I want to move them out. However when I have them use their cell phone to move, the game gives the sim moving out all of the family funds and leaves nothing for the rest of the family and then it won't let me accept the move unless I make the sim moving out the active household. I want them out and to keep playing the rest of the family. Any thoughts?

What happens, and I got caught the first time also, is that the sims moving out are allocated a small amount of the family funds (a good idea, and better than the random handout from TS2), and you have the option of 'Kick Out" or select a house or vacant lot for them.  IF you select a vacant lot, or a house, which is worth more than the funds allocated to your moving sims, the balance it taken from the remaining family funds.

Basically, if your family funds are $60,000, and your sims are given say $15,000 (can't remember the exact percentage used) when they first move out, if you kick them out, the game either makes them homeless and/or eventually moves them into s suitable place they can afford with their $15,000.  If you have them buy, and move into, a vacant lot or a house worth less than $15,000, they move and their funds are reduced by that amount.  However, if you were to select to move them into a house that cost $55,000, they move into the house with zero funds available, and the extra $40,000 to buy the house is taken from the rest of the family funds, meaning your main household has $5,000 left.

When you go looking for a house/lot for your moving sims, the game will allow you to buy any lot that can be afforded by the current household funds.  You either just kick then out, which I do if I am not interested in playing them, or worried about what the game does with them, otherwise, pay close attention to the cost of the house/lot you want to move them into, and make sure it stayes below, or close to the funds they have been allocated when they move out.

Hope that made sense and I haven't overly confused you.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: 2009 September 29, 06:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I'm asking questions here...I also have a problem with moving sims out of my house. As the teens become young adults, I want to move them out. However when I have them use their cell phone to move, the game gives the sim moving out all of the family funds and leaves nothing for the rest of the family and then it won't let me accept the move unless I make the sim moving out the active household. I want them out and to keep playing the rest of the family. Any thoughts?
I haven't seen it NOT let you accept the move, since I just tested it and was able to kick someone out of the house, retaining my active fambly. However, when moving multiple sims out of the house and NOT making them the active fambly, there has to be sufficient "space" to move them into, the game won't let you move them into a house with insufficient ports.

What happens, and I got caught the first time also, is that the sims moving out are allocated a small amount of the family funds (a good idea, and better than the random handout from TS2), and you have the option of 'Kick Out" or select a house or vacant lot for them.  IF you select a vacant lot, or a house, which is worth more than the funds allocated to your moving sims, the balance it taken from the remaining family funds.
This is working as designed. The autosplit works as defined, but if you want to buy them a better house than what can be strictly afforded, you can, in which case there is no extra cash, just the house.

Basically, if your family funds are $60,000, and your sims are given say $15,000 (can't remember the exact percentage used) when they first move out, if you kick them out, the game either makes them homeless and/or eventually moves them into s suitable place they can afford with their $15,000.
It's not a fixed percentage, it's a split based on X/(X+Y), where X is the number of adult+ sims moving out.

If you have them buy, and move into, a vacant lot or a house worth less than $15,000, they move and their funds are reduced by that amount.  However, if you were to select to move them into a house that cost $55,000, they move into the house with zero funds available, and the extra $40,000 to buy the house is taken from the rest of the family funds, meaning your main household has $5,000 left.
That is correct and working as designed.

When you go looking for a house/lot for your moving sims, the game will allow you to buy any lot that can be afforded by the current household funds.  You either just kick then out, which I do if I am not interested in playing them, or worried about what the game does with them, otherwise, pay close attention to the cost of the house/lot you want to move them into, and make sure it stayes below, or close to the funds they have been allocated when they move out.
Actually, it doesn't matter what you do. The inability to accept the move appears to stem from either buying a house that was COMPLETELY unaffordable, or buying a house with insufficient docking space for an inactive fambly. An active fambly can move onto any empty lot or partially constructed house, but famblies you are abandoning to the game engine require a house with sufficient bed and fridge coverage.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gtachampion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: 2009 September 29, 13:35:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wizard and JM - I appreciate your explanations and I know that is how it is SUPPOSED to work. Obviously I have something borked in my game (I'm thinking in this neighborhood). When I try to move one single sim out and BEFORE I select either Kick out, House or Empty lot, the screen already shows the sim moving out with all the family funds and the rest of the family with nothing. So I have something messing with AM to screw up your money split. It was working fine and now it isn't (at least in this neighborhood). One occurrence, the sim would be taking the whole $253,000 simoleans the family had and I tried to move her into a $48,000 house which I know has 4 beds and 2 cribs. The only way it would work is if I made her the active family. This would be fine and then I would switch back to the original family and use the money cheat to correct both household funds except she then has everything that was in the family inventory (paintings, gems, etc) that I wanted the original family to keep. I may just have to give up and start a new neighborhood because I think this one got screwed up a long time ago.

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1484 on: 2009 September 29, 20:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed you added the stupid trait to awesomeMod.  I was looking at the trait XMLs and they all seem to have what is called "setNumber".  Can you tell me where to find the setNumbers so I can try to alter them?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Erwenla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: 2009 September 30, 13:29:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I'm new and already asking! *covers head*. I am actually a kinda long time member of PMBD and I have been scolded there enough so I just thought I needed to say that have made a looooong research and have not come to find an answer to this issue I'm having.
I am using AM (duh) and when I had baby #7 and there were 9 sims in the household, the father (sim #1) dissappeared from the freakin' list. I just seem to be able to select him by spacebar or right-click. Is there any way around it?
Another thing: is there any feat I can use to have a girl??? I am tired of boys!!! All 7 of them and no girls!!

Thanks!
Erwenla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: 2009 September 30, 13:51:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noted.
Thanks! I guess it's watermelon for my sim until she gives birth!
Darksmurf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: 2009 September 30, 17:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noted.
Thanks! I guess it's watermelon for my sim until she gives birth!
Just eat 3 watermelons and no apples. Then your sim can eat whatever her heart desires. Fruit pancakes don't count also.
Naples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: 2009 September 30, 17:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To have girls, change what your Sim eats during pregnancy. Watermelon food gives girls, apple food gives boys.

Did this get changed back again? After the 1.3 patch this no longer worked for me.

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Abraham Lincoln
Naples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: 2009 September 30, 18:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Jordi, that is good to know and makes since as to why the Autumn Salad, and Watermelon Pancakes were not working. Now I'm off to give that a try!

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Abraham Lincoln
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: 2009 October 01, 06:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wizard and JM - I appreciate your explanations and I know that is how it is SUPPOSED to work. Obviously I have something borked in my game (I'm thinking in this neighborhood). When I try to move one single sim out and BEFORE I select either Kick out, House or Empty lot, the screen already shows the sim moving out with all the family funds and the rest of the family with nothing. So I have something messing with AM to screw up your money split.
Well, something can't be screwing with the money split AND still be running AwesomeMod. Are you sure AwesomeMod is even running?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gtachampion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: 2009 October 01, 11:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, something can't be screwing with the money split AND still be running AwesomeMod. Are you sure AwesomeMod is even running?

Sorry J.M., I'm really beginning to feel like a tard, but I can use Supreme Commander and set households to Sacred, so wouldn't that mean the AM is running? I didn't try moving anyone else out again (as I don't have anyone to move out). I may switch households just to give it a try later after work. I just am really thinking this neighborhood is borked since it is the one I have posted about with no busses, screwed up relationship panels, etc. The only thing is that the sim I am trying to follow has had an interesting life thus far and I wanted to see it played out. So for now I am just dealing until this neighborhood drives me insane enough and I move on. (Unfortunately...or fortunately?...I have a high tolerance for insanity!  Roll Eyes)

ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: 2009 October 01, 22:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice to know for me too I have not had one male child born since I have been playing and I got the game when it was released. Only girls. I am getting over run. I will remove the hack I have for the fruit thing and try feeding apples to my pregnant sim.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: 2009 October 01, 22:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

gtachampion:
I just am really thinking this neighborhood is borked since it is the one I have posted about with no busses, screwed up relationship panels, etc.

A couple of versions of AM ago, I also stopped getting school buses in the morning. I assumed this was intentional, because those buses are huge resource hogs. Plus, if you have several kids, you no longer have to deal with the whole 'getting in line to get on the bus' and the long delays this causes, and then have some of the kids end up missing the damn bus because the time ran out. So I don't miss them one little bit, and my kids now ride their bikes to school. Everything else seems to be normal in the 'hood I'm playing so I think this is not a bug, but if this is not normal I'm sure someone can correct me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: 2009 October 02, 05:00:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't done anything to the school bus, but if it's broken because of an EAxian action, I ain't fixing it. In MY day, you had to WALK 10 miles to school, through the snow, uphill and against the wind BOTH ways, while the Japanese would try to bomb us. AND WE LIKED IT!

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: 2009 October 02, 05:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't done anything to the school bus, but if it's broken because of an EAxian action, I ain't fixing it.

You'll probably have plenty of things to fix when the EP gets out there, given EAxis's inability to get anything remotely right, even after several attempts.

Just to add, I haven't had an issue with school buses, they work fine for me.  I just wish they wouldn't turn up honking for an hour when my child/teen sims aren't home.  I often send them fishing or to the library if they have time before school starts, but the bus still turns up honking away for an hour.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
darnregistration
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: 2009 October 03, 04:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A while ago, I did a wolfing run, because it was the only way to get the Sims 3 to run overnight and get the neighborhood to change without interruptions. I ended up on week 29, day 3 (198 days later), and something was wrong: there were heavily pregnant women everywhere who were "0 days to elder", including Sims from the first day like Holly Alto and Blair Wainwright, who should already have been dead years ago. In fact, out of the 20 households in Sunset Valley, only about 4 of them didn't consist of either a single pregnant woman, or a pregnant woman with her elderly husband.

I was on Normal lifespan, am using the latest patched version of Sims 3, used ISM and the latest version of Awesomemod and no other mods, literally not touching anything before or during the run.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: 2009 October 03, 04:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That should be fixed now.

darnregistration
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: 2009 October 03, 05:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I only downloaded AwesomeMod October 1st. It may be possible that the mirror didn't get updated right at that moment, so I'll try downloading from the other mirror and doing another run tonight.
gtachampion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: 2009 October 03, 15:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of versions of AM ago, I also stopped getting school buses in the morning.
Are you using Twallan's career mod? This disabled the school buses. It's supposedly reenabled in the current version.

I FINALLY solved the mystery of the missing school bus (at least in my game)!  Grin

At your suggestion that Twallan's career mod was at fault (although I have the most current version), I removed all of Twallan's mods that I had and started a fresh Riverview and chose the Brokes to play (since they have children).  Result - no school bus still.  I then also removed AM and restarted again. Result - still no school bus. I was beginning to think school buses were lies and propaganda.

So next I removed all my CC and restarted again. Lo and behold, it was a school bus!! The first I have seen in TS3!

Now I had to find the problem, so I put everything back in and removed all the mods except Twallan's and AM. Result - no school bus. WTF! Angry

So back in went the Hacks folder and out came the Misc which contains only objects (vehicles, furniture, paintings, plants, etc.). Once again I loaded up the Brokes and was I shocked when the school bus actually showed up. I couldn't think what object would stop the school bus from coming. After analyzing what was in the folder, I decided that when I downloaded all the community vehicles that someone on MTS had unlocked, the school bus must be the problem. I removed just that file and when I reloaded the Brokes, I got the school bus! Mystery solved!  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: