More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:43:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722587 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1450 on: 2009 September 28, 01:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can I translate new trait's names and definitions (not to be different from others)?
Maybe with S3Pe?
Supply the translations to me in a file and I will include them in the official version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: 2009 September 28, 02:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had a problem with their sims dying of starvation.  It has been a problem since I updated to the new awesomod and IndieStonemod.

No problems with my sims starving.

Has someone started working on IS again?  I didn't think it had been updated since the original guys abandoned it (which is why I never used it).

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Darksmurf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: 2009 September 28, 02:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had a problem with their sims dying of starvation.  It has been a problem since I updated to the new awesomod and IndieStonemod.

No problems with my sims starving.

Has someone started working on IS again?  I didn't think it had been updated since the original guys abandoned it (which is why I never used it).
Twallan over at crazy town. http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=2690
ur_all_ive_got
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: 2009 September 28, 06:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any word on fixing the allowoverstuffeshouses hack? Say the mother is at the top of the icons to the left, when the 9th member of the family is born, the moms icon is no longer there, you have to click on the top icon and spacebar to her.
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: 2009 September 28, 15:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand what is the new
Pregnancy moodlet now has a countdown timer so you can keep track of how long it lasts.
?
Does I have another hack in order to make it working ?
I have not see a choice in the "awesomemod config " .Does something appears when a sim female is pregnant ?
Thanck you for helping me .

When your sim is pregnant, the pregnant moodlet has a line under it, not a countdown timer like many of the others.  I take this change to mean that now, instead of a line, there is a time counting down how long the pregnancy moodlet lasts for.  Which means, you now have a countdown timer for when the  baby will be born

I thought this was a great idea until I realized my sims no longer get the purple pregnancy icon. I have several pregnant sims, including a couple who got pregnant during gameplay after installing this latest version of AM. None of them got the pregnancy icon.

Am I the only one with this issue?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: 2009 September 28, 15:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this was a great idea until I realized my sims no longer get the purple pregnancy icon. I have several pregnant sims, including a couple who got pregnant during gameplay after installing this latest version of AM. None of them got the pregnancy icon.

I haven't seen it mentioned in the bugs thread yet.

I haven't had a pregnant sim since the update, so couldn't say.  Do the pregnant sims have the dislikes children trait?  I doubt they would get the pregnancy moodlet.

If it is a bug, I suspect Pescado will update it soon enough, when he is aware of it.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: 2009 September 28, 16:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had a problem with their sims dying of starvation.  It has been a problem since I updated to the new awesomod and IndieStonemod.  Everytime I sit down to play the game I have one or two die on me. I have to go out of the game without saving and then as soon as I reopen it go to that family and if they are about to die change them to a baby so they won't. I saved two sims doing that but couldn't save two others.

Is there something I can set that will make them feed themselves when I'm not playing them?

I can pretty much confirm that the random starvation deaths are related to Indiestone use.  I was having a lot of them.  None since getting rid of that piece of junk.  Also related, school failure and poor work performance.  And, 4 million homeless bums.  Also I swear ISM wonkifies ghosts.  But that last part could just be me.  AM story progression is the most stable, sane way to sustain your neighborhood.  I also tried and did not care for twallan's progression mod, as it is ISM based...and there are so many problems with the way ISM does things.  Plus, you need the Work Pusher to, well, make it work.  And trust me when I say the Work Pusher pushes too hard.  In fact, everything about twallan's mod does.  Just my opinion of course.
After playing with AM story progression, I am left wondering why I did not start playing with it sooner.  It keeps pace with "normal" progression.  No one shoots up the career ladder in a day.  No one marries, and spawns in a day.  Households do not randomly split "just because".  No one suddenly drops dead without warning.  There is no random immigration.  The streets are free of vagrants.  Everything progresses rationally.  I don't normally go around lavishing praise on people, but I must say I am amazed by Pescado's endeavours.  In fact, my only request would be birth announcements (and maybe risky woohoo, but for different reasons than most).  And now I do not understand why anyone would play with any other progression mod.  
Accept no inferior substitutes.
gtachampion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: 2009 September 28, 16:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can pretty much confirm that the random starvation deaths are related to Indiestone use.  I was having a lot of them.  None since getting rid of that piece of junk.

I beg to differ (and hope not to get eaten alive for doing so) but I got rid of Indiestone quite a while back. Yesterday I saw the first random death from starvation in my neighborhood. My sim was at the library when suddenly a townie clutched their stomach and dropped dead and along comes Mr. Grim. No matter to me as I didn't know this sim but a little annoying to say the least.

Also related, school failure and poor work performance.  And, 4 million homeless bums.  

Also for the first time yesterday I had 8 homeless families on the list when I typed listhomeless. However every house in my neighborhood is occupied and I only have 2 empty lots to put houses on.  I tried to place a house to move a member of my family out to and it was snatched up immediately by a homeless. I have destroyed the homeless 3 times but new ones keep coming back. If my neighborhood is full, why is the game generating more families?

AM story progression is the most stable, sane way to sustain your neighborhood.  I also tried and did not care for twallan's progression mod, as it is ISM based...and there are so many problems with the way ISM does things.  Plus, you need the Work Pusher to, well, make it work.  And trust me when I say the Work Pusher pushes too hard.  In fact, everything about twallan's mod does.  Just my opinion of course.

Lastly, do you not need the work pusher with AM? I have both but didn't realize that I didn't need the work pusher because AM would take care of matters.

While I'm asking questions here...I also have a problem with moving sims out of my house. As the teens become young adults, I want to move them out. However when I have them use their cell phone to move, the game gives the sim moving out all of the family funds and leaves nothing for the rest of the family and then it won't let me accept the move unless I make the sim moving out the active household. I want them out and to keep playing the rest of the family. Any thoughts?

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: 2009 September 28, 17:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I beg to differ (and hope not to get eaten alive for doing so) but I got rid of Indiestone quite a while back. Yesterday I saw the first random death from starvation in my neighborhood. My sim was at the library when suddenly a townie clutched their stomach and dropped dead and along comes Mr. Grim. No matter to me as I didn't know this sim but a little annoying to say the least.

Also for the first time yesterday I had 8 homeless families on the list when I typed listhomeless. However every house in my neighborhood is occupied and I only have 2 empty lots to put houses on.  I tried to place a house to move a member of my family out to and it was snatched up immediately by a homeless. I have destroyed the homeless 3 times but new ones keep coming back. If my neighborhood is full, why is the game generating more families?

Lastly, do you not need the work pusher with AM? I have both but didn't realize that I didn't need the work pusher because AM would take care of matters.

While I'm asking questions here...I also have a problem with moving sims out of my house. As the teens become young adults, I want to move them out. However when I have them use their cell phone to move, the game gives the sim moving out all of the family funds and leaves nothing for the rest of the family and then it won't let me accept the move unless I make the sim moving out the active household. I want them out and to keep playing the rest of the family. Any thoughts?

Hmmm, well, I have not had the starvation deaths since getting rid of ISM.  And it was happening all the time with ISM.  But only time will tell, I suppose.

If your career track does not have a boss, I notice that a boss will be spawned for you.  And AM aggressively places the homeless whenever it can.  I like this.  But, it sounds as if your hood has gotten too big for its britches if you have no room to place houses and families.  Careful crib management is in order.

You definitely do not need twallan's Work Pusher with AM.

I have not had the money issue on move-out, so I have nothing on that topic.
gtachampion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: 2009 September 28, 17:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks snowbawl. I used to have houses without cribs but no one would use them so I assumed the homeless families had infants/toddlers. So I added at least one crib to every house except a couple. However the new homeless have new last names to the neighborhood, so they must be generated fresh and not moving out of their families houses. I just delete them and figure if a member of a neighborhood family disappears, then they "moved" out of town (in my mind's story anyways).

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: 2009 September 28, 17:34:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks snowbawl. I used to have houses without cribs but no one would use them so I assumed the homeless families had infants/toddlers. So I added at least one crib to every house except a couple. However the new homeless have new last names to the neighborhood, so they must be generated fresh and not moving out of their families houses. I just delete them and figure if a member of a neighborhood family disappears, then they "moved" out of town (in my mind's story anyways).

The only instance that I have seen where a new family will be spawned is when a career track needs a boss.  To this date, the spawned families (in my hood) have not had children, being comprised of a single sim, and AM will move them into any small, affordable house, most of which do not contain cribs (again, this is all in my hood).  ISM would spawn entire families with seven members to wander the streets as bums.  I would even familyfunds them a crap-ton of money and they would have plenty of housing with adequate space and beds.  But nooooo, they all preferred to be homeless.  With twallan's supercomputer, I would check their ages.  Some of them were over 400 sim days old.  None of it made any sense to me.
Last I heard, AM story progression doesn't do immigration, so the new spawns are EA making some bosses and possibly co-workers for you, as these are an integral part of most careers.  It should not be creating new families just for the sheer pleasure of doing so.  At least, this is my understanding.  I am sure someone will correct if I am wrong.
gtachampion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: 2009 September 28, 17:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was my understanding as well. However the first set of 8 homeless families I destroyed had 5-7 members each. The following 2 sets tended to have only 1 or 2 members each. Don't know what's happening as this was new this weekend.  Huh

phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: 2009 September 28, 20:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the FAQ.

No, no, LVRugger, I think he already did. Because it sure looks like he made a Herculean effort to break EVERY FUCKING RULE in it.

INTP.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: 2009 September 28, 20:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been unable to locate any fix to this via searches. Recently I edited the age of one of my sims down from adult to YA. Naturally this borked all her outfits, including her career outfit. I attempted to try the experimental edit career outfit available with AM but was not able to get it to work. Clicking the tab resulted in absolutely nothing. Reset sim did not work either.

Currently my little surgeon is working at the hospital dressed in this:

(it's the female)

Any ideas how one might get her back into her labcoat?
ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: 2009 September 28, 21:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question is there anything that can help me force a female sim to give birth. I have one who is stuck very pregnant and she won't progress any farther. I had been using a prenancy hack and didn't realize I couldn't change to a different length hack (oops!) so now she is stuck. I tried resetting her but that doesn't seem to be helping. Any suggesting??
This is definately not helpful, but I tryed everything and nothing worked.  I started over.  It was Morgana Wolff, so I wasn't willing to let her die pregnant.

Yeah. Mine is my own character. That I created. And I do have back saved saves but this means going back to when my triplets are toddlers and they were already adults and had moved out. and I am playing on the lifetime level that is just below the longest setting. So I had been playing her a long time pregnant. Her husband had went from no job to the 5th level military job and then top of the science job. And I had totally remodeled the house too.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: 2009 September 28, 21:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking about switching to the AM story driver, replacing the ISM driver I use now. Somewhere on this forum, I thought I read of people having problems switching out ISM for something else, because ISM had changed the coding in the game permanently. Is this true or was I misreading/misunderstanding/making things up? Is there a way to avoid it if it's true?
moosemonk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: 2009 September 28, 21:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking about switching to the AM story driver, replacing the ISM driver I use now. Somewhere on this forum, I thought I read of people having problems switching out ISM for something else, because ISM had changed the coding in the game permanently. Is this true or was I misreading/misunderstanding/making things up? Is there a way to avoid it if it's true?
You may be confusing ISM with Awesomemods' Supreme Commander mode. If you remove AM whilst Supreme Commander is active in your save game, your save may no longer work.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: 2009 September 28, 21:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim who was pregnant at the time I installed the latest AM and she had the pregnancy icon with the amount of time remaining, in hours, under it.  Haven't had any get pregnant since, though.  Seems it would start after they let you know they're PG.  You know, 24 sim hours after you hear the lullabye.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Tibbi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: 2009 September 28, 21:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw this question asked a few pages back, but it got no response, so I thought I'd try, since I'm having a variation on the same problem.  I'm a recent AwesomeMod convert (previously ran IndieStone) and I have three sacred households.  I couldn't get my teen in Household Sunshine to age up.  I removed their sacred status and I still can't get her to age up.  Clicking on the birthday cake let's me know it's not allowed for their lot.  Am I missing something simple?  Or is there an extra hoop to jump through somewhere?  Any help is appreciated.
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: 2009 September 28, 22:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it very well may be a combination of the Indie Stone Mod and something else that was casuing my sims to die because I discovered an option for the game to radomly kill sims and it was turned on but all I had to do was turn it off and it fix my problem. It gives you choices to let your individual families be saved from getting radomally kill or you can choose the whole neighborhood to be saved.

I love Awesomod and I feel the IndieStoneMod compliments it. When I read that the guys that created IndieStone wasn't going to be able to keep it going it cross my mind that it would be nice if Pescado would take the IndieStone over and merge it with Awesomod. I almost hate to mention it because I am sure he spends all his waking time working on the Awesomod alone.  

Someone mention about wishing there would be birth announcements. I believe it is the Indie Stone Mod that is doing just that in my game. Correct me if I am wrong (like I needed to say that...Smiley I have just updated Awesomod and this is the first time I have used IndieStone but one of them are making these announcements. It also annouces when someone gets a job or promotion among other things. There is also a immigration setting that you can turn on and off. That may have helped with the spawning. But it will also let you put individual families on hold while you play another family so you can play them yourself if you choose rather than letting them do their own thing.

I may decide differently after I have play it more, but right now I think that both mods make the game so much more fun and easier to play and I like playing them together.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 29, 00:22:53 by Sandman » Logged
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: 2009 September 28, 23:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(walloftext) I love Awesomod and I feel the IndieStoneMod compliments it. When I read that the guys that created IndieStone wasn't going to be able to keep it going it cross my mind that it would be nice if Pescado would take the IndieStone over and merge it with Awesomod. I almost hate to mention it because I am sure he spends all his waking time working on the Awesomod alone. (walloftext)

Paragraphs please!

You do realize there is an AwesomeStoryMode integrated into AM, yes? Of course you have to turn ISM off and ASM on to use it.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: 2009 September 29, 00:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been unable to locate any fix to this via searches. Recently I edited the age of one of my sims down from adult to YA. Naturally this borked all her outfits, including her career outfit. I attempted to try the experimental edit career outfit available with AM but was not able to get it to work. Clicking the tab resulted in absolutely nothing. Reset sim did not work either.

(snip of pic)

Any ideas how one might get her back into her labcoat?

I realize this may not be funny to you, but when I took a look at her "new" lab outfit - I lol'd.

Did you try typing "unlockoutfits on" in the console and then try editing her outfit in CAS? I haven't had an occasion to personally try that but I understand that's supposed to unlock all the career outfits.
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: 2009 September 29, 00:40:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Myskaal,  Thank you, I think it is much better now.  I know that AM has a story mod but I didn't notice all the announcements before I install ISM so I assumed it was ISM that was making them.

For example. I wouldn't have known that some of my sims were having babies if it didn't make the announcement.  Also some of my sims was being assigned jobs that I didn't want them to have and I wouldn't have known it if the announcement weren't made. It keeps you up to date with what other sims are doing while you are playing other lots.

Maybe the announcements are being my by AM I am not sure since I haven't played the update AM without ISM. Maybe I should uninstall ISM and check AM out by itself.

From what I read you can play both of them together. I know that I am using AM along with ISM because I use the part of it where you type in the cheat window. I didn't know that you had to turn one off to play the other. And so far I haven't seen anywhere where it tells you how to turn one off other than uninstalling it and if you couldn't play them both together why did Pescado say you could on the download page?

By the way has anyone figured out how to teleport without using the testingcheatsenabled true?
« Last Edit: 2009 September 29, 01:04:01 by Sandman » Logged
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: 2009 September 29, 02:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the starving Sim syndrome has anything to do with IndieStone as I only used it at all during a test of how "it plays well with AwesomeMod".  If I understand it correctly, it is only the "story driver" portion that ever interacts at all.  To use the IndieStone driver you install only the "mod package" file, not the "core"  file.

I also do not think the starving Sim syndrome has anything to do with AwesomeMod.  I believe it only occurs when the neighborhood becomes too large.  AwesomeMod does not immigrate new residents; I believe IndieStone does, and therefore may have something to do with causing it to happen faster than it otherwise would.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: 2009 September 29, 02:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the starving Sim syndrome has anything to do with IndieStone as I only used it at all during a test of how "it plays well with AwesomeMod".  If I understand it correctly, it is only the "story driver" portion that ever interacts at all.  To use the IndieStone driver you install only the "mod package" file, not the "core"  file.

I also do not think the starving Sim syndrome has anything to do with AwesomeMod.  I believe it only occurs when the neighborhood becomes too large.  AwesomeMod does not immigrate new residents; I believe IndieStone does, and therefore may have something to do with causing it to happen faster than it otherwise would.

A definite possibility considering that ISM will blow up your hood with all the sims.  Perhaps that is why it has not happened in my nice, normal AM-progressed hood.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 29, 02:13:37 by snowbawl » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: