More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 22:38:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1731638 times)
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1425 on: 2009 September 22, 23:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was looking at NPCDriversManager and saw this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<base>
  <Current_Tuning>
    <kMaxDrivers value="6">
      <!--The size of the npc driver pool used for player taxis, player limos, and the school bus (we'll probably move the bus into a separate pool).  If all npc drivers are currently in the world, the player Sim will have to wait for one of the other car routes to complete and for the driver to be released to the pool.  Note that this tunable can have a substantial effect on performance as it increases the number of actual Sims in the world.-->
    </kMaxDrivers>
  </Current_Tuning>
</base>

Doesn't this mean that only 6 carpool vehicles will be allowed at one time?  And that any sims who have to use the carpool have to wait their turn if there are already 6 vehicles out?

Suppose you have 4 households, with two working sims in each, and all go to work at the same time.  If none of them own a car, then 6 of them may be picked up right away, but the other two would have to wait until 2 of the ones already picked up were dropped off before they got a carpool vehicle.  That's how I was reading this.

And it sounds like the school bus is part of the carpool, so if you have a kid going to school in the household you're playing, then you can only haul 5 of those adults to work at one time.  Kids in other households ride their bikes for some reason.  I didn't think the bikes or cars owned by the player's sims (ie: chosen) counted in this number, just the carpool and taxis.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: 2009 September 23, 10:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't this mean that only 6 carpool vehicles will be allowed at one time?  And that any sims who have to use the carpool have to wait their turn if there are already 6 vehicles out?
It so seems that way.

Suppose you have 4 households, with two working sims in each, and all go to work at the same time.
Only the active household uses carpools. Anyone not in the active carpool uses an "NPC Motor Pool" vehicle that they drive themselves. The possibility that 6 sims will simultaneously need a carpool in ONE household is very unlikely.

Turn it off, ffs.  I run without the robotic hand of god simply so that my neatfreaks can get their wish-on.
Detection for this case will be implemented in the next version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
YoshioMiri
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: 2009 September 23, 12:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, I've just now gotten my first error 12s and, as I found with another post which matched 'error 12' search terms, my game has been taking well over 5 minutes to save. I guess it must be huge, so I tried to resetallwants and it did reset them just before crashing the game. Any recommendations?

Thanks very much in advance.
gtachampion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: 2009 September 23, 16:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere here that Awesomod was capatible with the Sim3 patches. But when I installed that last patch it gave me a lot of problems. I couldn't make the Sims follow my directions if they weren't in the same room. I had to send them to the room then tell the to do what I wanted them to do. I removed Awesomod and it worked fine.  Then I notice that there is a more recent Awesome. Does it fix this problem or should I remove the Sims3 Patch and if so how?

Sandman - I had this problem once upon a time and like coconnor suggested, I updated but it didn't solve the problem. I then removed all mods (hacks) except AM and the game ran fine. It took a little time but I kept adding back the mods in groups until I narrowed down which one was giving me the problem and got rid of it. I think it was an ITcareer hack but I'm not sure. It's been a little while now. Undecided

Hope this helps if updating didn't.

The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Darksmurf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: 2009 September 23, 16:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a bit curious, Do Homeless sims make any money? I kicked out my sims parents who were at the top of their career and went homeless with 256$. I wasn't worried thinking they'd make 5K a day but it's been 2 sim weeks and, they haven't made a scratch of money. I then received a call saying their mother wasn't going to be around forever.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: 2009 September 23, 16:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Homeless sims don't appear to actually appear or go to work, so apparently they don't earn much money except in the few isolated instances where they manage to reappear.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: 2009 September 23, 21:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suppose you have 4 households, with two working sims in each, and all go to work at the same time.
Only the active household uses carpools. Anyone not in the active carpool uses an "NPC Motor Pool" vehicle that they drive themselves. The possibility that 6 sims will simultaneously need a carpool in ONE household is very unlikely.

Ah, I see.  Makes sense.  So even if a sim in an inactive house doesn't own a car they have a carpool car that doesn't count as an NPC driver. 

I thought maybe this was why some of my sims (not in the active house) have to be "pushed" manually to go to work.  That they had to wait for a carpool car to become available.  But I know that they don't have to wait for a vehicle to show up, they just go to the street and get in a car.  I thought these might be part of the carpool.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: 2009 September 24, 02:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can I translate new trait's names and definitions (not to be different from others)?
Maybe with S3Pe?
rocky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: 2009 September 25, 16:42:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some browsers will (incorrectly) add a .xml or .txt file extension to AweConf.package.  If you remove the extraneous extension, the game should be able to read the configuration file.

Wich files are you talking about?? In the folder there are just two files: the AM file and the file generated by the Tool. What do I have to remove??

That's correct, there are only two files: awesome.package and aweconf.package.  However, you said that awesome.package is working and aweconf.package is not.  This can only happen if something has gone wrong.  For example, your download may be corrupt, in which case downloading it again should fix it.  However, it sounds like you are having this problem consistently, so I was looking for another explanation for your problem.

One thing that people have reported is that their browser adds either .xml or .txt to the downloaded configuration file, so that it is named aweconf.package.xml or aweconf.package.txt.  The game will not read these files; it will only load files with the .package file extension.  The operating system can exacerbate this problem by hiding the file extension from you, so that the file appears to be named aweconf.package, even though it isn't.

If this is your problem, then removing the extraneous .xml or .txt file extension should solve your problem.  I would also recommend changing your system so that file extensions are never hidden.  On Windows XP, you can change this option by running the Windows Explorer and choosing Folder Options from the Tools menu.  Go to the View tab and uncheck the option named "Hide extensions for known file types".

Ok..you were talking about a file named aweconf.package but my file was called config.php, so I changed its name, hoping to solve the problem, but I didn't solve anything... Sad

Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: 2009 September 25, 17:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updating the awesomemod fixed the problem I was having. Now I am having two more problems. My sims that I am not playing are dieing of hunger. I had two die within a couple hours of playing. Is there a trick to get them to feed themselves when you aren't watching them.  

Also I installed the awesomemod update to my other computer and now the game won't start at all. I tried removing all the mods and files that you normally install with awesomemod and install the TS3Helper and let it stall the awesomemod and it looks like it installed everything it was suppose to but after trying to restart the game I get to the part where you select the town your playing, click on the town and then it just turns off the game.  I did install framework 3.5, deleted the scriptcache.package but it still won't start. The awesomemod file shouldn't be corrupted because I copied the same file to my other computer and it works fine.  I know my next step will be to reinstall game but I was hoping someone had a quicker solution.

Update:  Well that was short and sour. The game started but awesomemod didn't. So I uninstall everything but the game and try to restart now I can even get the first window to show up.  I guess I will just start from scratch and reinstall the whole game.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 25, 17:58:48 by Sandman » Logged
rocky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: 2009 September 25, 17:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I solved it!!! The problem was that I was downloading with Free Download Manager, that (I don't know why) changed the name and the size of the file Generated by the Tool..

Thank you a lot!=)

Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: 2009 September 25, 19:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has taken me since 8:30 this morning I still don't have Awesomod install....I am about to pull my hair out....Sad  

I don't understand it at all...I uninstalled everything: the game and then reinstalled it. It said the game was up to date so I assume the latest patches were install. Did I assume right?  The basic game worked fine. I was able to create a new town.  So I shut the game down, reinstall the TS3 Install Helper program and rightclick on the awesomod.package file and click install to Sims3. I check to make sure it was installed. It was. I restarted the game. The basic game is working fine but the Awesomod isn't...Sad

Update:  I think I have found the problem. Even though the game says it is update it isn't. I found a thread that tells you how to check the version and mine is old.  It also gave me a link to update to the latest patch so I have high hopes.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 25, 20:21:09 by Sandman » Logged
ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: 2009 September 25, 22:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question is there anything that can help me force a female sim to give birth. I have one who is stuck very pregnant and she won't progress any farther. I had been using a prenancy hack and didn't realize I couldn't change to a different length hack (oops!) so now she is stuck. I tried resetting her but that doesn't seem to be helping. Any suggesting??
Darksmurf
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: 2009 September 26, 06:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: 2009 September 26, 08:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was meant to be "if not disabled". Although I guess that is excessively twisted, so I will simplify the wording. It has no effect. In any case, turning it on will cause recipe books to be available in the library if the not-magic-scrolls option is also on. Otherwise, only recipes that are not ordinarily magic scrolls (I.E., none of them) will appear.

Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: 2009 September 26, 20:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was meant to be "if not disabled". Although I guess that is excessively twisted, so I will simplify the wording. It has no effect. In any case, turning it on will cause recipe books to be available in the library if the not-magic-scrolls option is also on. Otherwise, only recipes that are not ordinarily magic scrolls (I.E., none of them) will appear.

This is good to know since I read this multiple times and kept coming up w/the answer that it made no sense no matter how the phrase was broken down, and it was so convoluted that I found myself comparing it to the complex law cases that we used to have to brief when studying to be Paralegals...   Wink

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
mhavril
Asinine Airhead

I told you so.

View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: 2009 September 26, 21:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so in the game as it is shipped, there are several sims whose fambly trees are 'false.' What I mean by this is that the trees show relationship connections that aren't actually true. For instance, Agnes Crumplebottom's family tree shows her as married to Erik Darling, while in reality she has no relationship with him and hasn't even met him. The reason for this is so that she could easily remarry without the game saying that she already has a spouse.

I know that awesomemod can be used to create family connections that automatically create the relevant relationships in the game, but can it be used to edit the family tree without creating the correct the relationships? The reason I ask is that I was planning on making some widows to upload who are shown with their husbands on their family trees, and I wanted to make the House of Oedipus- e.g., his wife is his mother, his children are his half-siblings, etc. This way, he'd only view her as a wife but she'd also be shown as mother.

Thanks for your help!
carpediem
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: 2009 September 27, 00:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand what is the new
Pregnancy moodlet now has a countdown timer so you can keep track of how long it lasts.
?
Does I have another hack in order to make it working ?
I have not see a choice in the "awesomemod config " .Does something appears when a sim female is pregnant ?
Thanck you for helping me .
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: 2009 September 27, 03:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand what is the new
Pregnancy moodlet now has a countdown timer so you can keep track of how long it lasts.
?
Does I have another hack in order to make it working ?
I have not see a choice in the "awesomemod config " .Does something appears when a sim female is pregnant ?
Thanck you for helping me .

When your sim is pregnant, the pregnant moodlet has a line under it, not a countdown timer like many of the others.  I take this change to mean that now, instead of a line, there is a time counting down how long the pregnancy moodlet lasts for.  Which means, you now have a countdown timer for when the  baby will be born

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: 2009 September 27, 16:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question is there anything that can help me force a female sim to give birth. I have one who is stuck very pregnant and she won't progress any farther. I had been using a prenancy hack and didn't realize I couldn't change to a different length hack (oops!) so now she is stuck. I tried resetting her but that doesn't seem to be helping. Any suggesting??
This is definately not helpful, but I tryed everything and nothing worked.  I started over.  It was Morgana Wolff, so I wasn't willing to let her die pregnant.
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: 2009 September 27, 17:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can I translate new trait's names and definitions (not to be different from others)?
Maybe with S3Pe?

Any suggestion?
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: 2009 September 27, 19:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Extract the text files from Awesomemod, edit them to your language, import in a new package. Place this package in a folder with higher priority than AM.

Thanks!
One more question. Nowadays I can't find the AM's traits in my game and I can't select them in CAS. What may be the problem?
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1447 on: 2009 September 27, 21:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are visible and pickable with Twallans Comp. I am still curious about the Racist trait, lol.
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: 2009 September 27, 21:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a search, found nothing... just telling you all. So anyways, I started my game, the game didn't load... it did, but at the first loading screen where the game loads with those mini-card-things, the bar always stays empty, there's no music in the background and the game just doesn't move, I tried with all mods, I tried with another bunch of mods, I even tried it by itself and it still doesn't work. So what should I do?

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: 2009 September 28, 01:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had a problem with their sims dying of starvation.  It has been a problem since I updated to the new awesomod and IndieStonemod.  Everytime I sit down to play the game I have one or two die on me. I have to go out of the game without saving and then as soon as I reopen it go to that family and if they are about to die change them to a baby so they won't. I saved two sims doing that but couldn't save two others.

Is there something I can set that will make them feed themselves when I'm not playing them?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: