More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:07:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722589 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #850 on: 2009 August 01, 03:57:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's odd that "Read Something" can appear, because the action isn't even supposed to be available in the latest version if there are no unread books. If you have only old books, you can reread them only manually by picking the book specifically.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: 2009 August 01, 07:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That may be it, Quetzilla.  I play the Collector's DVD Edition and have to remove my Mods folder to install sims3packs.

But I too have the Collector's DVD Edition and have no problems installing sims3packs. via the launcher... and never have had to remove my Mods folder... and Ms. Idjit as we both know...  Wink  your comp is WAY more powerful than mine... so what a weird bug/issue or w/e...  *waves and gives High Five* 

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: 2009 August 01, 07:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a q-stion
what if the latest build will be always crashing in my game - how can I turn off the awesome "use the latest build!" check?
I'm satisfied with the previous build and do not want to updated it to the incompartible and not-working version.

P. S.
the latest build (30 July) crashes when I click to play on the Active family screen after the loading screen.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 01, 07:39:05 by Ailias » Logged
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: 2009 August 01, 13:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ailias

I have an old (before the first EA patch came out) Awesome mod which I can e-mail you.  PM me if you want it.  I have not patched my game at all. 
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: 2009 August 01, 16:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That won't help, since that version of the mod still has the timebomb.

There's another post where Pes discusses several workarounds for the expiry date check.  Try the solutions mentioned here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16098.msg464765.html#msg464765

There are several obvious workarounds:
- Change the XML with a later expiry date
- Change the core mod to remove the expiry date check
- Change the date on your computer to be before the expiry date
- Run the latest AwesomeMod without the 1.3 patch and hope for the best.

In all of these cases, don't report any bugs that you find.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 01, 16:32:22 by Mootilda » Logged

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
OC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: 2009 August 01, 19:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's odd that "Read Something" can appear, because the action isn't even supposed to be available in the latest version if there are no unread books. If you have only old books, you can reread them only manually by picking the book specifically.

mmm but then the "Read Something" does keep popping up.
If the family contains skill books that my bookworm sim is not qualified to read, will those books be considered as unread books and trigger the "Read Something"?
Or the same case if my other family members contain (in their inventory) books that my bookworm sim hasn't read? (Like books obtained from career opportunities.)
JBoat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: 2009 August 01, 20:05:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my current game (as of 3 days ago), one of my Bookworm sims frequently (several times a day) visited the bookshelf with the Read Something want, stood there for 30+ minutes, and finally walked away.  When I turned off the Anti-Raymundo feature in AM, she started choosing books and reading them.

That tells me that 1) She'd already read all of it, and 2) That the Read Something still pops up even if it's all been read already.

Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: 2009 August 02, 02:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

M'kay... does anyone know the droptrait "code" for getting rid of the "Hates the Outdoors" trait...?  I had read that to get rid of the "Technophobe" trait... to type in "AntiTV" which worked great... and even tried it on this one, "AntiOutdoors"... but to no avail... don't want any of my sims not liking the outdoors...   Roll Eyes

Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: 2009 August 02, 02:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's simply, "HatesOutdoors".
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: 2009 August 02, 02:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah... thank you so much Krisan !   Grin

Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: 2009 August 02, 02:26:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's actually kind of interesting.. The "Loves the Outdoors" trait is referenced as "LovesTheOutdoors" - but for whatever reason they decided the "The" wasn't necessary for the "Hates the Outdoors" trait. (Consistency doesn't appear to be one of EAxis' strong points..)
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: 2009 August 02, 10:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or else you can turn on debug commands (or is it debug interactions? I forget, I have them both on all the time) and shift-click the sim and select "modify traits for active sim" and you get the trait selector box. I found that to be much easier than 'addtrait' or 'droptrait' to use. I also use the shift-click to age-up the sims. I hate the fucking birthday cake.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: 2009 August 02, 10:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And thank you too LV... always forget about "modify traits..."  *smacks forehead*   Tongue

tobu
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: 2009 August 02, 16:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everybody! I'm new to this board and I was wondering is there any way that someone could point me in the direction of finding 1.2.7 awesomemod? I can't seem to get it running because I have the 1.3 awesomemod all that I get is CTD when i'm loading a save or starting anew. Thanks in advanced
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #864 on: 2009 August 02, 17:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If 1.3 isn't working than I assume you didn't patch? The 1.3 version is compatible with the 1.3 patch.

There is no longer any older versions of Awesome Mod as it is still in constant development. There is however a bug thread in this area that you should read - you will most likely find your answer there.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
tobu
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: 2009 August 02, 20:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou for your reply  dude. Honestly the problem is that I can't update to 1.3 for the very same reason someone in this thread can't. There is an error when I update from 1.2.7 to 1.3 and it seems that hasn't been sorted out here. Not to mention that 1.3 I heard is very buggy and has a whole new slue of issues. Again thankyou Grin
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #866 on: 2009 August 03, 00:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In AwesomeConfig, the feature "scale job performance gain to age lengths":  what will happen if aging is off?  Will the sims just never gain work performance, or will they continue to gain based on the age length they would have if aging was on?

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: 2009 August 03, 00:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou for your reply  dude. Honestly the problem is that I can't update to 1.3 for the very same reason someone in this thread can't. There is an error when I update from 1.2.7 to 1.3 and it seems that hasn't been sorted out here. Not to mention that 1.3 I heard is very buggy and has a whole new slue of issues. Again thankyou Grin

Hearsay caused by hysteria due to user error. Plus people have messed with a lot of different game files without knowing with they were doing or backing it up and then went kermitflailing when the patch wouldn't install.

If you can't patch it is most likely due to some file the game originally installed that you either directly or indirectly (via some mod/patch/crack/trainer bla bla) modified or deleted. If you aren't sure what you changed from the default base install I suggest you just reinstall the game. It will give you the option to keep your saves and custom content when you uninstall so you won't lose any of that.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
quetzilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: 2009 August 03, 01:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In AwesomeConfig, the feature "scale job performance gain to age lengths":  what will happen if aging is off?  Will the sims just never gain work performance, or will they continue to gain based on the age length they would have if aging was on?

It will be based on the currently selected age lengths, exactly as it says.
Daz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #869 on: 2009 August 03, 01:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey everyone Smiley I'm new to the forum, and I've been searching foreverrr for a solution to this, but I can't find one that 100% applies to me and solves my problem.  Well, my game crashes to the desktop every time I get to the main menu and choose my neighborhood.  It's not random or anything, and it always finishes loading at the first screen.  I have the 1.3 patch and I play from the CD.  My game is not a crack, since I bought it at Target.  I have tried installing enablescripterror and it didn't fix anything either. I've deleted the caches about a billion times and still nothing. It's absolutely driving me insane! I have been everywhere and nothing has been a help. 
  Thanks Smiley
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: 2009 August 03, 01:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that one a while back, and it was apparently a problem caused by the last neighborhood I had played going corrupt. I solved it by deleting that neighborhood from the saved games folder.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: 2009 August 03, 01:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried installing enablescripterror and it didn't fix anything either.

You need to remove that package.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Daz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: 2009 August 03, 01:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing is that it crashes when I try to create a new neighborhood, too.

And I have also deleted the enablescripterror already.
Krisan Thyme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: 2009 August 03, 02:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've deleted the caches about a billion times and still nothing. It's absolutely driving me insane! I have been everywhere and nothing has been a help.

Did that also include deleting the contents of the WorldCaches folder? If your neighborhoods are crashing upon loading, deleting those might help.. If you've already tried this though, I'm not sure what might be at fault. I did run into a similar issue myself some weeks back though, but it somehow resolved itself after a few repeated attempts to load a savegame\start a newgame. *shrugs*
Daz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: 2009 August 03, 02:20:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Worldcache? I don't have any folder labeled that... where is that?

Just to make it a little more clearer ---> the game crashes right as I click the play button on the main menu after choosing my neighborhood.
Also I have tried at least 50 times to try to play a saved game AND a new game... still the same issue :/
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: