More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:25:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722572 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #825 on: 2009 July 29, 02:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still think the sims3packs won't install if you have mods in a mods folder the game never installed in the first place and technically shouldn't even know is there thing is bs too.
That is very much bollocks, yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sumpsychochic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: 2009 July 29, 02:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can install sims3packs just fine with mods in my mods folder.

I   -   S   -  F  -  J
11% 25% 50% 1%
vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 2009 July 29, 03:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The library sims thing is utter bollocks. I intentionally tested a patch without them, it works. They just did something stupid.

Strange, because that was the only thing that allowed me to patch -- restoring the sims and lots that I bahleeted in-game.
mystikmoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: 2009 July 29, 03:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't.  If I need to use the Launcher to install sims3packs, I have to remove my mods folder or else it won't work.  I didn't think that could possibly be the reason the launcher wasn't working for me, but this was the only solution that worked.  I wish that it weren't the case, but there you have it.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: 2009 July 29, 04:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't.  If I need to use the Launcher to install sims3packs, I have to remove my mods folder or else it won't work.  I didn't think that could possibly be the reason the launcher wasn't working for me, but this was the only solution that worked.  I wish that it weren't the case, but there you have it.

I don't understand this at all. It shouldn't be looking there or even know that directory exists. It sounds like voodoo to me. Until I hear from someone who has looked at the inner workings of the game and can give a reason for this I will continue to think so.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: 2009 July 29, 04:03:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Voodoo or not, removing Mods is the only way I can install sims3packs too.  Otherwise, it just hangs until I kill it through Task Manager.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 2009 July 29, 04:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. When I get done the Windows 7 upgrade from hell that just won't end I will test this out myself.

I wonder if moving the mods all the way out of the Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ etc tree would make a difference. Like if I made C:\Sims3mods and then pointed the resource.cfg to look there.

FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 2009 July 29, 04:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that what the resource.cfg is - a traffic controller?  I'm sure it helps to move Mods out of the Electronic Arts folder.  Things are susceptible to burning chicken feathers in there.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: 2009 July 29, 04:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that what the resource.cfg is - a traffic controller?  I'm sure it helps to move Mods out of the Electronic Arts folder.  Things are susceptible to burning chicken feathers in there.

Yeah, pretty much. It tells the game where to look for the mods and sets the priority it gaves the files in those directories. You can edit it with a simple text editor, even Notepad.

I'm not sure if it will take a whole path though like C:\blabla\bla etc or if it will only allow a subdirectory of Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\

EverDreaming
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: 2009 July 29, 07:13:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you get two teens to sleep together with the Awesomemod? Also, I heard two people of the same sex can reproduce with the help of the mod, is this true aswell?
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: 2009 July 29, 07:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you get two teens to sleep together with the Awesomemod? Also, I heard two people of the same sex can reproduce with the help of the mod, is this true aswell?
no* and no.

*you need a 3rd party mod to allow teens to woo hoo.  Awesomemod does not allow it but it does remove some checks that prevent other non-core mods from allowing it.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: 2009 July 29, 12:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is using the launcher to directly install Sims3Packs. I have success if I go directly to the download folder and double-click the file. Let it install normally.

Yes the launcher is used, but not directly.  I can't get a Sims3Pack to install with the launcher install button.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
sumpsychochic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: 2009 July 29, 18:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is using the launcher to directly install Sims3Packs. I have success if I go directly to the download folder and double-click the file. Let it install normally.

Yes the launcher is used, but not directly.  I can't get a Sims3Pack to install with the launcher install button.

I still call voodoo on that since I can install directly from the launcher install button without doing anything strange to get it to work and I have a mods folder in with plenty of downloads in it.

I   -   S   -  F  -  J
11% 25% 50% 1%
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #838 on: 2009 July 30, 01:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone give me a better description on what Job scaling settings do. As the current setting title and setting description say exactly the same thing, just in reverse.

"Scale Job Difficulty To Aging Scale" versus "Job difficulty is scaled up to age lengths if this is enabled".

Does this mean that you cant get level 10 until near death? Or does it mean that promotions are harder to obtain as you get older?

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: 2009 July 30, 01:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone give me a better description on what Job scaling settings do. As the current setting title and setting description say exactly the same thing, just in reverse.

"Scale Job Difficulty To Aging Scale" versus "Job difficulty is scaled up to age lengths if this is enabled".

Does this mean that you cant get level 10 until near death? Or does it mean that promotions are harder to obtain as you get older?

I don't know what the standard life of a sim is... so adjust the numbers to the actual ones.

If the standard lifespan of a sim is 100 days.... and you have their ages set to "long" (which is 190 days) then it will take 90% longer to get your promotion.  If on top of that you have the 10 times scale it would be 190% *10-100%... so it would be 1800% harder to get a promotion. So... let's say it would normally take your sim 2 days to get a promotion (to raise his bar from 0 to 100% filled)... it would now take 19*2 =38 days to get that promotion.

If you set age scaling off... then adjusting your sims life spans won't affect the promotion times.  So playing a long lifespan (190 days) would only make it take 10 times as long to get promoted... So it would take 20 days.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #840 on: 2009 July 30, 02:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what the standard life of a sim is... so adjust the numbers to the actual ones.

If the standard lifespan of a sim is 100 days.... and you have their ages set to "long" (which is 190 days) then it will take 90% longer to get your promotion.  If on top of that you have the 10 times scale it would be 190% *10-100%... so it would be 1800% harder to get a promotion. So... let's say it would normally take your sim 2 days to get a promotion (to raise his bar from 0 to 100% filled)... it would now take 19*2 =38 days to get that promotion.

If you set age scaling off... then adjusting your sims life spans won't affect the promotion times.  So playing a long lifespan (190 days) would only make it take 10 times as long to get promoted... So it would take 20 days.

Got it. Thanks!

In that case, i'll be turning it on, asI feel  it's currently far too easy to obtain promotions.

quetzilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: 2009 July 30, 04:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have no problem with using launcher for sims3pack files -- the one thing I can think of is that I have the EA store digital download version (which has a slightly different launcher .exe i believe).  Wonder if the people having trouble are DVD users...
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: 2009 July 30, 04:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That may be it, Quetzilla.  I play the Collector's DVD Edition and have to remove my Mods folder to install sims3packs.
sumpsychochic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: 2009 July 30, 05:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have no problem with using launcher for sims3pack files -- the one thing I can think of is that I have the EA store digital download version (which has a slightly different launcher .exe i believe).  Wonder if the people having trouble are DVD users...

Another negative. I have my DVD game installed on my laptop and my desktop and neither of them have to have the mods folder removed to install via the launcher.

I   -   S   -  F  -  J
11% 25% 50% 1%
NameGame
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: 2009 July 30, 06:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the the same problem with the launcher hanging... But I move the resource.cfg elsewhere and back. It's one file, so it's faster.

I also recommend the 3Viewer  for anyone that doesn't already have it.
skydivedude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: 2009 July 30, 20:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where do i get the teen pregnancy mod that works with awesome mod?
AnthonyK
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: 2009 July 30, 20:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wikki type page for awesomemod: http://wikka.moreawesomethanyou.com/Awesomemod

Nice! Almost better that the RTFM.

select firsname lastname - selects the sim Firstname Lastname and changes your active household to him.  (I think this is an awesomemod command.... but I don't know 100%.  I also haven't tested this so feedback is welcome)

I've not been able to get this command to work. Never really tried though till after the recent patch.. (1.3) I've just recently found out about evil "doppelgangers" in town. I went up to a sim that looked like, had the same name as my simmies GF and got shooed away. By the time I realized what had happend, the doppelganger had scurried off the lot. I tried out the select command to find her and it didn't work. I though maybe it was because there was a duplicate name somewhere, so I tried it on a more uniquely named sim, and it just says unknown command, not anything about can't finding a sim.

Anyone else have this issue? Did it work in previous versions of Awesome and now is broke? Would love some feedback so next time something like this happens I don't have to hunt down the sim manually. Smiley)

"I have no color prejudices, nor caste prejudices, nor creed prejudices. All I care to know is that a man is a human being, and that is enough for me; he can't be any worse." -Mark Twain
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: 2009 July 30, 20:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where do i get the teen pregnancy mod that works with awesome mod?

Use the Force.  Or, for possibly better results, the search function.

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: 2009 July 30, 20:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wikki type page for awesomemod: http://wikka.moreawesomethanyou.com/Awesomemod

Nice! Almost better that the RTFM.

select firsname lastname - selects the sim Firstname Lastname and changes your active household to him.  (I think this is an awesomemod command.... but I don't know 100%.  I also haven't tested this so feedback is welcome)

I've not been able to get this command to work. Never really tried though till after the recent patch.. (1.3) I've just recently found out about evil "doppelgangers" in town. I went up to a sim that looked like, had the same name as my simmies GF and got shooed away. By the time I realized what had happend, the doppelganger had scurried off the lot. I tried out the select command to find her and it didn't work. I though maybe it was because there was a duplicate name somewhere, so I tried it on a more uniquely named sim, and it just says unknown command, not anything about can't finding a sim.

Anyone else have this issue? Did it work in previous versions of Awesome and now is broke? Would love some feedback so next time something like this happens I don't have to hunt down the sim manually. Smiley)
I haven't ever used that one... But I do know it won't work on a homeless sim.  They have to own a house within the neighborhood to select them. Maybe I'll test it out next time I play.
OC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: 2009 August 01, 03:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Awesome mod TOTALLY prohibit sims from rereading books?

Now my bookworm sim always goes to the bookshelf with the "Read Something" command, but then her command got killed automatically.
And after a second or two, she pops up with "Read Something" again and command got killed and looping...
If I wasn't paying attention, she will be standing in front of the bookshelf for a few hours or more, and doing nothing.

I bought her new books but she finished them quickly.
Later I sent her to the library but it seems like she finished all the books in the library too...
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: