More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:35:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722460 times)
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #800 on: 2009 July 27, 16:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the fix chann, it works! Now my kids can actually get into school. It also helps with "everyone rushes to change the baby's diaper" situation.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #801 on: 2009 July 27, 17:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of filling up the request thread with a bunch of questions, let's ask them here and see if we can help each other out with some of the features.

The next post contains all the AwesomeMod commands I know of.  I'll try to keep it as updated as possible.  If you notice anything that is wrong or unclear please give me a heads up.  If you find any commands I don't have listed... by all means post it here and I'll try to add it to the list.

Most recent version date/time stamp: 07/23/2009 06:54am CST

Wikki type page for awesomemod: http://wikka.moreawesomethanyou.com/Awesomemod
I do have a few tutorials I have made using the awesome mod.   You don't need to register to view the boards, it's open to guests.

Tutorial-Moving Overstuffed Households

Tutorial-Lifetime Happiness Fulfilled-Change it! Uses Neighborhood Workshop & Awesome Mod

Mini Tut on Splitting and Evicting and Saving

I have a couple other tutorials but they are really dated now.  Especially the changing lifetime wants.  Just type in lifetimehappiness in the console and you'll get 50,000 points then purchase the Change Lifetime Wish and you're good to go.  Before that code, it was more complex but now thanks to the awesome mod, it's very easy.  Unless you want to give them a NEW lifetime wish after their original one has been fulfilled, then I have a tutorial on how to do that. 

BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: 2009 July 27, 18:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a quick fix for the door-jam issues: open The Sims 3\Game\Bin\Sims3.ini (back up a copy first) and change all the DynamicAvoidance_* values under the [Config] section to 0.0. It basically turns on no-clip and lets Sims walk through each other.
I'm definitely trying that!  Contrary to what EA might think, the physical forcefield around each sim decreases the believability more than a bit of clipping would.  Thanks for the tip!
rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: 2009 July 28, 21:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just installed awesomemod today and now my stuff I downloaded from ModTheSims dont seem to be working. I have a download to make the carpool stop coming an hour before work and now the car comes by. I have quicker painting would take about 3 hours in game now it takes alot longer. So Im guessing my downloads dont work. I saved the original download and just dragged the file back in there and replaced the one i have in my packages folder but it doesnt work. Any help please?!
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: 2009 July 28, 23:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rubenm, did you try deleting your cache files (any file under Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 that has "cache" in the name)? That might help.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: 2009 July 28, 23:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think thats what the main problem. I had never done that before and I had installed several awesomemod updates. I read on here that it was a good idea to do that so I did and now I have all these problems my ModTheSim stuff not work. I cant get the new sims update because I get an error saying the file is not found or something and i tried to uninstall the whole game but i get an error in that to. So yeah
Groosalugg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: 2009 July 29, 00:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think thats what the main problem. I had never done that before and I had installed several awesomemod updates. I read on here that it was a good idea to do that so I did and now I have all these problems my ModTheSim stuff not work. I cant get the new sims update because I get an error saying the file is not found or something and i tried to uninstall the whole game but i get an error in that to. So yeah
you should install the 1.2.7 patch, dont worry about the error thing, happened to me too. just replace the file the patch crashes at with the same file from the game cd or virtual cd then install the patch. should work then.
Mammoet
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: 2009 July 29, 00:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it on purpose that the BetterGeneticSkinBlend always picks the color from the parent with the darkest skin?
I thought it would pick the color at random from the father or mother and then picks a random shade somewhere inbetween, but it appears to always pick the color from the parent with the darkest shade of skin.
rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: 2009 July 29, 01:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well all mine says is update error: file not found
i dont see any file name or anything so i dont know what to replace
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: 2009 July 29, 01:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it on purpose that the BetterGeneticSkinBlend always picks the color from the parent with the darkest skin?
I thought it would pick the color at random from the father or mother and then picks a random shade somewhere inbetween, but it appears to always pick the color from the parent with the darkest shade of skin.
Yes. That is on purpose.
Mammoet
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: 2009 July 29, 01:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oke Smiley
Groosalugg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 2009 July 29, 01:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rubenm, while the patch is being installed it says which file is being copyed at the moment just keep watching and when it crashes before you click ok, just look at the name of the file that was being copyed at the time, then replace that file with its origional and try the patch again. in my case it was the "skuversion" file but i hear its not always the same file with everyone.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: 2009 July 29, 01:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. That is on purpose.

Then, where does the "blending" part of that feature come in? If it's always going to choose only one parent's skintone, and not actually blend the tones, then what's the point? My question isn't meant to be antagonistic; I'm just curious.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
asmadasrabbits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: 2009 July 29, 01:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. That is on purpose.

Then, where does the "blending" part of that feature come in? If it's always going to choose only one parent's skintone, and not actually blend the tones, then what's the point? My question isn't meant to be antagonistic; I'm just curious.

Pescado said it picks the darkest parent's skin palette because some people use very light blue or green to try to make pale sims, and it is to prevent a sim with very light green skin and a dark normal skinned sim from having a dark green baby.
It doesn't actually blend the skins, but it can give you a middle tone on the darker sim's skintone palette whereas without the better blending it would be just either the one skin or the other.
rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: 2009 July 29, 01:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i dont understand
replace that file with its original? i dont know im sorry
rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: 2009 July 29, 01:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it doesnt say a file name it just goes really fast and it stops where it says installing and thats when the update error comes up
« Last Edit: 2009 July 29, 01:44:31 by rubenm » Logged
vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: 2009 July 29, 01:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Important

N99ers are reporting that you need to restore your LIBRARY FAMBLYS before patching. I guess the patch updates them as well.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: 2009 July 29, 01:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's how it works: If the parents are of different swatches, it will use the swatch of the darkest skin, and then BLEND the resulting tone. With EAxis default rules, breeding two sims from different swatches means you get a sim of either one skin, or the other skin, exactly. No variety whatsoever.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: 2009 July 29, 01:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Important

N99ers are reporting that you need to restore your LIBRARY FAMBLYS before patching. I guess the patch updates them as well.

Well a couple of us stuck them up on file sharing sites but then someone else just said they patched without them in place just fine.

There's a lot of conflicting reports going around and people yelling that the sky is falling bla bla.

I also think this claim that you can't install sims3pack files via the launcher if you have mods in the mods directory is rather suspect. That seems like a lot of effort for EA to go to and too odd for randomness.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Winterhart
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: 2009 July 29, 02:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh I have 2 questions.  I just installed the latest game patch.  Before doing that however, I removed AwesomeMod and a few other things that I thought might cause problems with the update. So my first question is will AwesomeMod work with this new game patch or do I need to wait for an Awesome Update?

Second, in the list of changes made by new game patch, it mentions "Play with Genetics" in CAS.  What is that and where do I find it?  I don't see anything in CAS like that.  Am I missing something?  Is that something that comes up for new babies or something?

Thank you for your time.  Wink

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Groosalugg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: 2009 July 29, 02:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rubenm, never mind from the picture you have posted appearently you already have patch 1.2.7 installed, you dont need to patch to 1.3.24 for your game to work propperly. i dont know why your mods are not working. maybe you should remove all your mods and delete your cache files in my documents then try installing them again.
also just a thought, when you installed patch 1.2.7 were your mods installed at the time? cuz i heard some ppl had problems with their games when they had the patch installed without removing their mods first.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: 2009 July 29, 02:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The library sims thing is utter bollocks. I intentionally tested a patch without them, it works. They just did something stupid.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #822 on: 2009 July 29, 02:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The library sims thing is utter bollocks. I intentionally tested a patch without them, it works. They just did something stupid.

For me it was the videocamera.ini. I had forgotten I had edited that file, but i Managed to find the .log file from the patch within my temp files and discovered the problem. For other people its the shader package for the outdated blur remover, or the gameplay package that the teenwhoohoo mod replaces.

In most cases it seems to have been that people replaced something in their sims3 folder and had forgotten they had done so (like me).

rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 2009 July 29, 02:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah i believe most of them were in there but they were working with that update its just i believe today they stopped working i dont know if it was because i deleting those cache files. So I just wait for the next patch or will it just do the same? Thats pretty stupid.
Right now the only problem i have (beside the ModTheSims stuff not working) is my game is crashing after about 2 minutes of playing

EDIT: seems like i had an old version of awesomemod seems to be working now
Still my ModTheSims stuff refuses to work

« Last Edit: 2009 July 29, 02:41:45 by rubenm » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: 2009 July 29, 02:30:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured. I love how one person does a dumb thing and blames something else completely else unrelated and suddenly it spreads around the whole community like wildfire.

I've already seen people running around telling everyone you need your library families restored on 5 different boards now.  Roll Eyes

I still think the sims3packs won't install if you have mods in a mods folder the game never installed in the first place and technically shouldn't even know is there thing is bs too.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: