More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:55:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722563 times)
Tasia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #350 on: 2009 July 03, 05:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am never going to make weird mpreg features, because, frankly, it is STUPID. However, I will cater to your weird desires to have create spawn from arbitrary sims regardless of incompatibility issues by allowing you to commission artificially incubated simu-drones at the Science Lab. May as well make those rabbit holes do something useful. Of course, there's a few caveats there, too: If, for some odd reason, you decide you want to create your artificially incubated simu-drone from two females, you will not be able to produce any males this way as none of the participants have any Y chromosomes to use to create a male with.

Yes that would be great
rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2009 July 03, 10:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering how spawning works with the awesomemod i tried the spawn console code and didnt see anything happen. Does it just spawn the number of sims you typed in into the town? If so are the homeless sims in the town?
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2009 July 03, 15:04:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim "foreplay" is weird. It is seems so utterly devoid of any passion whatsoever that you have to wonder if they're preparing to pass out rather than fuck.

The make out interaction is passionless too. They just don't get hot for each other like they did in TS2.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #353 on: 2009 July 03, 17:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, after finding the enablescripterror thanks to some "lovely directions" I applied it to the game as well as the booter program. And I did make sure i read everything very thoroughly this time, believe me i wont make that mistake again! But the game just keeps booting over and over and never makes it past a black screen. I made sure i tried all the suggestions right down to removing all my mods and deleting caches to see if there was a conflict. I had downloaded a version of the town that makes people not generate so its an empty shell town but when i removed it the same thing happens. I can only guess that I have something else that i downloaded that has changed a global setting or something. This mod sounds incredible and i desperately want to try it so I may be facing a uninstall/reinstall? I'm not sure.

the enablescripterror.package actually made me unable to boot with the latest release of AM.  Uninstalling mods is as simple as removing the package files you installed from the Mods directory. You may also need to clear all cache files from the sims 3 folder in my documents (under electronic arts)

cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2009 July 03, 17:55:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having this problem with the most recent version of AM. My game always starts first try after removing AM, but unfortunately I want to play with AM, and sometimes it takes a dozen tries before it finally makes it in. It really is a completely random bug that can't be reproduced reliably so unless it's related to something in the game engine which EA may eventually patch it may never get fixed. You'll just have to follow the steps offered on the AwesomeMod thread and keep trying over and over (Or just not use AwesomeMod).

It wouldn't really surprise me if the crash bug is related to the pseudorandom number generator and the system clock (ie. if the game gets to a certain point in the loading process when the system clock reaches a certain time or a tick number divisible by a certain number it overflows the seed and crashes)
Writin_Reg
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2009 July 03, 18:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question about the bills in the game and the awesomemod - or perhaps the game patch - but since I updated my game, then updated to the newest version of the awesomemod -  I keep getting the repo person at my Sims house taking stuff. Before the patch and the newest awesomemod I was getting a friendly reminder if I forgot to have the sims check their mail, but since the update no reminder at all. All I get is a pop up that tells me I haven't paid my bills and the repo person is on the way. The first time this happened I noticed my sim could still pay the bills, where previously this was blocked once the repo guy was on their way - but paying the bills still got my sims stuff repoed anyway.

Is this the patch or the updated awesomemod causing this and no warning or chance to pay the bills. Oh and one other thing I notice that repo guy went after the expensive dining room table in my Sims house. When he took the table he also took all 6 chairs as well. Pretty expensive overcharge for a 800 simoleon bill seeing the chairs were 900 Simoleons each and my Sims had just gotten that set.

Just wanted to add: regarding the loading issue - I have found if you are using the disk to play the game if you remove the disk from the drive and reboot your pc before you want to play the game, then insert disk and autoplay the game to start up, it starts the first time and loads without incident. Why this is necessary I have yet to figure out, but unless I start my game in this manner it takes as you stated several tries to get it going. I also noted when it takes several tries to get it going I seem to get a number of glitches I don't get when I start my game as stated.

added: The awesomod, newest version -is the ONLY mod in my game and I do not have the config thing, so it's the A- mod unaltered period. Unless you count Delphy's Monkee installer for us less than brillant people who are just too old to be taught new tricks - and his skin defaults. I just had eye surgery 2 weeks ago, and tried to search this thread - but I still have found nothing about Bills - maybe my eye surgery was less than successful - because I am obviously still blind. Sorry to have bothered you. Thanks anyway. All I get from a search is my own question.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 04, 11:16:50 by Writin_Reg » Logged
Kaelei
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2009 July 03, 23:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, so I downloaded this mod last night and I'd really love to see how much more enjoyable it's going to make my game...but I've got a bit of a problem, as well as a quick question I'd like to ask. Hopefully someone here can help me out.

I've been trying to test out the pedophilia option, but every time I have an an adult try any romantic option on a teen, my game crashes the moment the action is about to be carried out. Does anybody else have this problem or have any idea why it's doing this?

And I was also curious as to whether or not there are any same-sex pregnancy mods that don't conflict with AwesomeMod?
Bababorg
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2009 July 04, 00:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After i reinstalled the awomemod a and downloaded the config file a few days ago i have got some new bugs.

If i hold my cursor over some sims my game hangs and i hve to pause it and wait a few minutes. Even when i play another family and tries to move my cursor over that sim it hangs. So far this has happened with one babysitter and one infant. When i remowed the baby from the family it seemed like it didn't have a name but a lot of numbers.

Also after the reinstall my unactive sims have been gaining terrible job preformances and most of them has gotten fired od demoted seweral times. And when i cange my active family there is usaly someone there who should be at work and everyone has crappy job and school preformances.
By extensive use of gods chosen this is can be made tolerable but i realy liked the storymode with my former default awsomemod.

In addition to awsomemod i have  got:
aikea guineas eyes
hystericalparoxsisms skins
lostaccounts Teen Woohoo + Teen Pregnancy
Ashkittys longer preagnany mod

I love awsomemod the most tough.
ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2009 July 04, 00:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone help me? I seem to not be able to delete custom content when I have the awesomod is in my game. Does anyone know why this is. Because if I remove it I can again and I have tried using the customize feature of the awesomod and then it (the mod itself) doesn't seem to work at all.
Brick_town
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2009 July 04, 00:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is a problem that is associated with awesome mod but for come reason i cannot woo-hoo anymore?

I have a few mods the newest one i have is the Ashkitty pregnancy mod..

I also have used the awesome mod config..

I think I'm lost!
dollarbill
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2009 July 04, 00:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a question about the editSims command. I know it's unsupported and one shouldn't change age, traits or weight of a sims, but I tried/tested all that anyway and there seemed no problem. (probably got lucky or simply didn't notice anything)^^
I read about those "null key" lifetime rewards, but didn't really get what those are. So I'm not sure what problems could arise from "misusing" that nice tool.
vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2009 July 04, 02:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is a problem that is associated with awesome mod but for come reason i cannot woo-hoo anymore?

I have a few mods the newest one i have is the Ashkitty pregnancy mod..

I also have used the awesome mod config..

Pregancy mod probably conflicts. Remove all mods except for Awesome Mod and see if the problem persists.
Aaroc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2009 July 04, 02:34:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

editsim is no longer working in my game. It was working the other day, but it isn't now. I don't recall if I've updated since the last time I knew it was working, but I was wondering if anyone has had this command stop working for them.

I am stupid. I should have looked in the buggednesses thread first, which I did after posting here >_>[
« Last Edit: 2009 July 04, 02:47:51 by Aaroc » Logged
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2009 July 04, 02:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attention People having trouble with editSim: Do you have testing cheats and debugging commands enabled for AwesomeMod? If not, this probably has something to do with your inability to successfully use editSim.

Attention New People: Many of your questions and concerns have already been addressed in this thread, and in other threads, as well. If you read through the threads in this section, you will find the answers you need.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
ladycoelura
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2009 July 04, 06:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chaos could you maybe direct me to where I can find out about the inability to delete custom content possibly? I did try and do a search but I have never been very good at it and I don't have the time or patience to site and read pages of thread. You seem to think what I asked was already talked about so might you know where? Please. Thank you and all of that. Cheesy
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2009 July 04, 07:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chaos could you maybe direct me to where I can find out about the inability to delete custom content possibly? I did try and do a search but I have never been very good at it and I don't have the time or patience to site and read pages of thread. You seem to think what I asked was already talked about so might you know where? Please. Thank you and all of that. Cheesy

Are you talking about patterns and walls, and stuff like that? I'm not sure if it even has anything to do with AwesomeMod. I do know that these things (patterns, etc) contribute, in some way, to the size of your saved neighborhoods. The bigger the neighborhood, the more things start to go haywire, apparently. I think there's a way to delete them out-of-game, but I'm not sure how. Maybe someone more awesome than I can provide this information. I recall seeing a similar question in another thread, but I don't remember which thread, or if a solution was given. That's why it's a good idea to read all of the threads in both the AwesomeMod section and The Horror!The Horror! section. I know it's tedious to read all those threads, when you're trying to find out about a single issue, but really it's the best way. You learn lots of things!

ETA: It just occurred to me that, if a pattern is in use somewhere in your game, you may have to change whatever is using the pattern to something you don't intend to delete, and THEN delete the pattern.

If you're talking about Store items, you have to use the Launcher to uninstall them.

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2009 July 04, 16:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who the fuck are you, and why are you telling me what to do? I take pity on them sometimes. It's my prerogative to do so.

Edit: Apparently, the person I was responding to with this has been banned, or something, and this post now makes no sense. Wheeeeeeeee!
« Last Edit: 2009 July 07, 05:31:27 by chaos » Logged

Cedia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2009 July 05, 02:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS3 is my first Sims game, so please be gentle.  Smiley

I have a question about marking my households Sacred.  My one guy I worked hard to get to Astronaut, and I really want to keep him that way while I play other households.  Will simply marking his household Sacred prevent him from being downranked, or do I need to have other settings enabled/disabled besides the default ones?  FYI the military progression rests upon relationship with superior officer, so that's why he gets downranked normally.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 05, 02:42:54 by Cedia » Logged

cedia.gamerdna.com
carrieotwoguns
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Awesome Mod and EA patch installed, Story progression and Aging won't turn off
« Reply #368 on: 2009 July 05, 03:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't see this question/topic anywhere in the Awesome Mods question thread and did not know how to post a question under the Awesome Mods questions and hints thread- so sorry of this is in the wrong place but, I could really use someone's expertise on this.  Undecided  I downloaded the Awesome Mod, erased the cache files, installed the enablescripterror.package file, and then downloaded the EA patch from where Pescado had posted it. (On the Awesome Mods page under the download and info.) Everything worked great! The game actually loaded this time, instead of crashing to the desktop after installing the patch like it always did before. The only problem is- in the game I shift click on a Sims' house that I want to Make Sacred and for some reason the Story Progression and Aging stay on, no matter how I have the filter settings in the game. ("All", "work and home", "friends' houses"; etc.) The family I want to stay frozen won't. They still age. Is there any way to fix this? Is there some specific order I need to set the filter then make a sims' house sacred? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I clicked on the filter in map mode, chose Enable Story Progression On, Aging On, Shift+ Clicked on a non-active Sims' house and Made Sacred, went back to the Active household and then realized the children were getting older in the house I made Sacred. Sorry if I did put this in the wrong spot, but I did not see this specific topic posted. Any help is really appreciated, Thanks.  

I think I got it now. I went to the Awesome Mod Configuration Tool, enabled TS2 Aging and now the Sims aren't aging in other houses. If there is any other way to get the Make Sacred to work I would be happy to know.  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 July 05, 05:05:51 by carrieotwoguns » Logged
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: 2009 July 05, 04:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When it comes to compatibility for AM and other mods, is there an easy way for one to check those mods to see if they will conflict with AM or not?  I often open the .package files with Postal for a quick look through, but what is it I need to look for in those .package files to determine whether or not the mod will conflict with AM?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesome Mod and EA patch installed, Story progression and Aging won't turn o
« Reply #370 on: 2009 July 05, 07:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You seem to misunderstand what features do:

First, story progression is not aging. Story Progression is the random "phantom events" that are forcibly imposed on sims instantaneously. Aging is the gradual progression of the aging meter, regardless of the above. If you turn story progression off, your sims still age, and vice versa.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
Re: Awesome Mod and EA patch installed, Story progression and Aging won't turn o
« Reply #371 on: 2009 July 05, 08:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You seem to misunderstand what features do:

First, story progression is not aging. Story Progression is the random "phantom events" that are forcibly imposed on sims instantaneously. Aging is the gradual progression of the aging meter, regardless of the above. If you turn story progression off, your sims still age, and vice versa.

While discussing story progression. AwesomeMod changes/disables a lot of Story Mode events. What other phantom events are remaining that arent handled by AM? I

I know there is a commandline switch to disable Storymode, and I'm wondering what else that may affect, that isnt already covered.

Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2009 July 05, 10:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Howdy Y'all,

Just wanted to say that when I try to download the most recent updated Awesome Mod... I get a zip file w/zero KB's and a message saying the file may be corrupted... and have tried it 3 times in a row... so maybe sumpin's not quite right w/the newest updated file ?   Smiley

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Twisk
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2009 July 05, 10:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Howdy Y'all,

Just wanted to say that when I try to download the most recent updated Awesome Mod... I get a zip file w/zero KB's and a message saying the file may be corrupted... and have tried it 3 times in a row... so maybe sumpin's not quite right w/the newest updated file ?   Smiley

The above is happening to me too Sad.
carrieotwoguns
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Awesome Mod and EA patch installed, Story progression and Aging won't turn off
« Reply #374 on: 2009 July 05, 12:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand that Aging and Story Progression and Aging are 2 different things. I installed the Awesome Mod and the EA Patch that was posted here on More Awesome Than You, and the Aging doesn't turn off in the game at all. It did before the patch and the mod. From what I'd read on the list of things the mod does, the mod gives a Sim's household immunity to Story Progression and other assorted toadings. Do those toadings include Aging? I would really like to have the mod in the game because of what it does and the patch finally did work with the mod installed, but can't seem to find a way to turn off the Aging with both installed. Also, could you please tell me how to identify core script mods? I don't believe I've downloaded any, but I do have a few hacks/mods from ModTheSims 2.

Oh, Okay. I got it now. I was deleting the cache files and didn't have to. I also had the Riverview town installed wrong so that helped. Great mod! Thank You very much for it! Really awesome work!  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 July 05, 21:44:05 by carrieotwoguns » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: