More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:18:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722583 times)
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #300 on: 2009 July 01, 20:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are indeed supposed to go off to the bedroom to do it.  They'll even get impatient if the other one takes too long, and holler for them to join them.  It does get fairly easily queue-stomped though - Sims are apparently ADD when it comes to getting some.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2009 July 01, 20:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with Pes, I have never seen this option in game, and I've had my sims stand there for hours romancing each other.

It seems to take more social foreplay to pop up compared to when it appears in bed, but it's definitely there - if you can get the other Sim to think the active Sim is "extremely irresistible", the options to woo hoo and try for baby should appear shortly afterwards.

I've had this option, but nothing ever comes of it when I choose it.  I assumed they'd go off to the bedroom if I selected it and that it was broken.  Any time I choose "woo hoo" when they are standing and romancing, they stand there without doing anything further.  Hmm....maybe it's telepathic woohoo.

I've had the option to woohoo this way several times.  I can't remember if they do a bit of kissing first, but they should then head to the bedroom and get into bed with each other.
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2009 July 01, 20:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are indeed supposed to go off to the bedroom to do it.  They'll even get impatient if the other one takes too long, and holler for them to join them.  It does get fairly easily queue-stomped though - Sims are apparently ADD when it comes to getting some.

Hey, don't blame this on ADD or ADHD!  I have ADHD and when I had the chance to get some... there wasn't anything short of the house catching on fire that would distract me.  Of course that was before my heart problems.  Now whenever a female even thinks of taking me for a test drive and finds out I have defective parts... she decides she wants a model that is still under warrenty. 

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
steveuk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2009 July 01, 22:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes, without going through the code, could you (or anyone who may know) tell me how long the "Sex offender" label remains?  My naughty sim has yet to find a job and is currently un-employable  Grin  Good bit of coding.....you have had me in stitches over my failed attempts to engage in normal relations  Roll Eyes although I did manage to get a female adult to move in. 
AyaJulia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2009 July 01, 23:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.  No Promotion Day Off Penalty [Optional - Default: Enabled]
     Makes like TS2: Jobs that span midnight hours no longer penalize you
     with mandatory day off if you are promoted.
I've been having a problem with this. If my sim gets a NEW job, say at 10 AM, and the job starts at 3 PM, the game will say work "starts tomorrow" but my sim's work performance will start plummeting when work hours kick in with the warning that my sim is "Missing Work!" However, if I try to instruct the sim to go to work manually, I get an error: "It's not your work hours. Come back in (hours to next work day) hours."

I was told that AwesomeMod included a "gotowork" command that would let you bypass this annoying error, but assuming that person wasn't lying to me (which is a big stretch, seeing as how it isn't listed as a known command in this thread), it's not working. Is there a way around this, short of disabling this module?

Thanks very much in advance.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2009 July 01, 23:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.  No Promotion Day Off Penalty [Optional - Default: Enabled]
     Makes like TS2: Jobs that span midnight hours no longer penalize you
     with mandatory day off if you are promoted.
I've been having a problem with this. If my sim gets a NEW job, say at 10 AM, and the job starts at 3 PM, the game will say work "starts tomorrow" but my sim's work performance will start plummeting when work hours kick in with the warning that my sim is "Missing Work!" However, if I try to instruct the sim to go to work manually, I get an error: "It's not your work hours. Come back in (hours to next work day) hours."

I was told that AwesomeMod included a "gotowork" command that would let you bypass this annoying error, but assuming that person wasn't lying to me (which is a big stretch, seeing as how it isn't listed as a known command in this thread), it's not working. Is there a way around this, short of disabling this module?

Thanks very much in advance.
I'm just adding things when people point them out or if I realize it isn't in there.  My list is by no means the end all be all of what is in the mod.

I haven't used the feature you are talking about... but I believe the command is: backtowork

Test it out and see if it fixes your problem.  And if you see anything else that I haven't included in my list let me know and I'll get it added.
Seranation
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2009 July 01, 23:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the option to woohoo this way several times.  I can't remember if they do a bit of kissing first, but they should then head to the bedroom and get into bed with each other.
If I remember right, they do "Make Out" without it being queued, before both attempting to find a bedroom (which since they both do at once, naturally, they'll bump into each other and pause for a bit).
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2009 July 02, 02:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who have problems getting the woohoo-from-standing option, I sort of gave up on the teen-pregnancy mod because (I think) some conflagration of awesome and non-awesome mods made the woohoo from standing disappear entirely. 

It might be nice if some distinction between the 12's and the non-existing 16's was made, like halfway thru teen life you are suddenly at age of consent, breaking the rule of 6, as it were.  The pedomod is definitely a keeper for me, however, it's hilarious.
woopa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2009 July 02, 02:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I registered here just for this question. Hopefully I'll get an answer next to all the ass driven comments I expect to recieve.

I downloaded the Awesomemod sometime in June. At first it didn't work until I realized that aweconfig.package was not the mod. After I stopped being stupid and downloaded the right stuff, I was happy as a clam until today when I downloaded the EA patch. I did that, the patch installed cleanly and I found that I needed a new awesomemod. Alright, no problem, I downloaded that and even got a new config pack for it. Now the problem is, the mod is not working. I have done all that is listed:

-Manual install
-Install via Delphy's Installer
-deleted caches
-unistalled/reinstalled the mod
-unistalled/reinstalled enablescripterror.package
-restarted the computer at the last minute

The game itself is working, just not the mod. I read somewhere here that the easiest way to see if it's working is to check the fridge for all the foods to serve. My latest save is in the morning, so all that shows up is breakfast dishes, no lunch or dinner dishes. Plus pressing Q still attepmts to quit the game. If anything, I blame my self; I tried to fix something that was not broken. I also find it quite rude that all my lesser mods still work Angry Any answer is appreciated at the moment, and if I have errors in spelling/grammar go ahead and stick me with your sharpest items. I reread this way to many times to have any errors.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2009 July 02, 02:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims can woohoo while standing up? How does one trigger such a thing normally? I have never seen this.
What Roflganger said.

Here's a pic from the current Teen WooHoo mod thread:
How odd. I've never seen that interaction even on adults. Will enable it so that it will run through the standard tests in next version. And make it autonomousable.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2009 July 02, 02:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woopa - do you have any other mods installed?
Try taking everything but awesome.package and aweconfig.package out of your Mods folder. Hopefully it will just be something as simple as a conflict like that.

woopa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2009 July 02, 03:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woopa - do you have any other mods installed?
Try taking everything but awesome.package and aweconfig.package out of your Mods folder. Hopefully it will just be something as simple as a conflict like that.

Nope, no change, except now they ingredients for ambrosia are not in the store Tongue I have the feeling that I might need a new framework or resource.cfg, because there is no real reason for this to be happening. No one seems to have my problem either after reading this entire thread...
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2009 July 02, 04:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with Pes, I have never seen this option in game, and I've had my sims stand there for hours romancing each other.

It seems to take more social foreplay to pop up compared to when it appears in bed, but it's definitely there - if you can get the other Sim to think the active Sim is "extremely irresistible", the options to woo hoo and try for baby should appear shortly afterwards.

I've seen this option, and even tried to implement it; however, I've never gotten it to actually work. I think this mostly has to do with the "you're blocking my path and I have to stand here with my hand on my hip for five minutes until you GTFO of my way" issue. So, I just have them relax on the bed after all the standing-up foreplay. Tedious.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2009 July 02, 04:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim "foreplay" is weird. It is seems so utterly devoid of any passion whatsoever that you have to wonder if they're preparing to pass out rather than fuck.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2009 July 02, 05:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More like fuck by numbers.

I've had the standing woohoo offer, accepted and had them retire to the bedroom. I stopped using it because it got queuestomped too often. It's easier to trap them on the bed together before initiating the process.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2009 July 02, 05:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes I wonder if we're all playing the same game.  I never use anything except the standing woohoo offer, and while sometimes they stand around tapping their feet (reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog,) they always eventually find their way to the bed and do as they're told.

Sim "foreplay" is weird. It is seems so utterly devoid of any passion whatsoever that you have to wonder if they're preparing to pass out rather than fuck.

Exactly.  I wonder who the hell thought this was a good idea? Whoever it was needs to be shot. It's annoying, pointless, and turns the entire thing into nothing but a clickfest, and the only "surprises" that are even possible are apparently when one of the sims in question chooses to tell a joke or gossip at an inopportune moment, spoiling the mood, and causing me to have to start from the freakin' beginning. 

Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2009 July 02, 05:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly.  I wonder who the hell thought this was a good idea? Whoever it was needs to be shot. It's annoying, pointless, and turns the entire thing into nothing but a clickfest, and the only "surprises" that are even possible are apparently when one of the sims in question chooses to tell a joke or gossip at an inopportune moment, spoiling the mood, and causing me to have to start from the freakin' beginning.  

See, this would actually be realistic had EA implemented the 'socialization trees' correctly. In real life, if you don't want to get romantic with a friend, you'd joke around and try to ruin the mood. This is probably what EA had in mind. Of course, they manage to screw it up impressively and annoy their players to death.
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2009 July 02, 06:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin  The first time I saw this happen... I was like... "What the...?  Why are they yelling from the bed...?"  And then I started laughing... and thought... "Wow... now my sims really are in a hurry to get their "woohoo" on !"   Shocked   Cheesy   Kiss

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2009 July 02, 07:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin  The first time I saw this happen... I was like... "What the...?  Why are they yelling from the bed...?"  And then I started laughing... and thought... "Wow... now my sims really are in a hurry to get their "woohoo" on !"   Shocked   Cheesy   Kiss

Yep, you're the target audience alright.  Roll Eyes

Dawnmist
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2009 July 02, 08:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2 questions regarding TS2-style aging.

If it's the birthday of a sim (days until age change = 0 days) when you switch families, and you hadn't aged up the sim before switching, the game ages them up anyway after you leave the family. Is it possible to freeze them at the "day 0" without the game pushing them up an age while you're not playing them? Or do I need to subtract a day from their age before leaving to prevent the game from aging them up (and how would I do this)? Other sims also seem to increase in age by 1 day when you switch/return, so the affect is that the sim ages 2 days in a "single" day of play on the switch-over day.

Is there a cheat to "add X days age to all sims that are not gods-chosen-children", so that at the end of a round of TS2/prosperity style playing you can age the townies without aging your sims further? If not, is it one that's possible to be added?

Thank you very much for creating a mod that fixes the dreadful state of story progression and makes a prosperity-style play *possible*, even if not yet ideal. Smiley
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2009 July 02, 08:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem is that I reinstalled awesomemod pre patch version.  The most recent version kept on crashing probably due to the fact that I can't patch my game with the 615 release that I have. 

I went into showconfig to see all the options.  I want to enable the CAS slider range so I typed in EXACTLY what the code was followed by the : True and it came up with 'unknown command cassliderscaleincreased.  So then I tried it without the : and it still came up with the same error message. 

Could anyone kindly enlighten me as to what I need to do to fix this problem.  I really need the facial sliders.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2009 July 02, 08:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this option, but nothing ever comes of it when I choose it.  I assumed they'd go off to the bedroom if I selected it and that it was broken.  Any time I choose "woo hoo" when they are standing and romancing, they stand there without doing anything further.  Hmm....maybe it's telepathic woohoo.

It might be related to beds ownership. According to some tests I did, they need to have a double bed already owned (i.e. where the sim had already slept at least once) or a double bed where noone had slept yet.

If the sim sleeps in a single bed, and all the double beds in the house are owned by other sims, the woohoo/try for baby option appears and is selectable, but it doesn't work when selected - the couple does nothing. In this case, if you plop down a new double bed somewhere and choose the option again, they will make a beeline to the new bed and proceed as designed.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2009 July 02, 09:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problem is that I reinstalled awesomemod pre patch version.  The most recent version kept on crashing probably due to the fact that I can't patch my game with the 615 release that I have. 

I went into showconfig to see all the options.  I want to enable the CAS slider range so I typed in EXACTLY what the code was followed by the : True and it came up with 'unknown command cassliderscaleincreased.  So then I tried it without the : and it still came up with the same error message. 

Could anyone kindly enlighten me as to what I need to do to fix this problem.  I really need the facial sliders.

Hey Audrey, you already asked this four times in the Buggieness thread. You were lucky enough to get an answer. Stop pushing your luck, you're turning into a fucking nuisance.

skelley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2009 July 02, 13:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the standing WooHoo and Try For Baby options all the time. The thing that pisses me off is that if I don't choose that, but instead have them go relax on the bed to avoid the stupid log jams it seems to reset the tree and they have to start the whole damn flirting thing over again.

If they're ready to fuck while standing around talking in the kitchen, shouldn't they still be ready 5 minutes later in bed? It's so aggravating!
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2009 July 02, 14:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been able to get them to woohoo in bed without having them do any flirt actions previous to having them relax in bed. If it weren't for that, my Sims wouldn't get to woohoo at all. I can't stand going through the whole romance tree every time.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: