More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:08:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722590 times)
starscream
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #200 on: 2009 June 29, 02:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted the speed fixes, so I went through the whole pain of unistalling everything and re-installing from scratch.

All went perfectly until I re-installed AwesomeMod.

Now the game goes through the intro and then gets to the loading screen and boom, crashes.

Take out AwesomeMod from the packages file, the game works perfectly again.

Obvious idiot wondering what I am doing wrong. And yes, I RTFM. Obviously I used AwesomeMod before, so I know how to install it properly.
I'm having the same problem. When the loading screen comes up the cursor just twirls around and around, over and over, never getting to the Main Menu where you can choose a saved game. As soon as I remove Awesome.package from my mods folder, everything works fine.

I tried uninstalling and reverting back to 1.0.632.00002, but the problem affects that version now too.

Edit: Nevermind, I ended up getting it to work.

Now that I've managed to fix my problems, it seems that another one has bubbled to the surface. Awesomemod causes my game not to load at all -- I mean, it starts up and everything, but when I get to the loading screen it doesn't load. At all. I don't see any green showing progress in the loading bar, just my cursor spinning around around, much how like the quoted poster was describing his problem. The game doesn't crash, either; it just sits there until I have to manually shut it down via task manager. I've searched around the Awesomemod! forums but have found nothing pertaining to my issue. Does anybody have an idea what could be going wrong?

The poster I quoted seemed to have fixed his problem, but didn't post the solution, so I was thinking about PMing him but I don't know often he logs onto MATY, and seeing as he only has six posts, I don't expect a reply any time soon.
zsangel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2009 June 29, 02:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kept telling myself, 'I don't need it, the game is running ok-ish'.  But have decided to give it a go as I've always used J.M.'s mods in Sims 2.  However, now that I finally decide to do so, I also get the main screen, no green loading, with spinning cursor.  I've tried it with all mods emptied, and with nointro installed and get the same result.
Zucabr
Furry
Asinine Airhead

I/ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2009 June 29, 02:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Undocumented, possibly unsupported feature.
Would it be possible to create a "makehomeless <family and/or sim name>" command?
Exists. Not a documented feature, but I made it for debugging, "runstoryaction Create Household".
AddSim
ChangeFitness
ChangeRelationship
Create Household
Create and Move In
Emigrate Household
GetJob
KillSim
LeaveJob
MergeHouseholds
MoveInHousehold
MoveOutHousehold
PromoteDemote
SplitHousehold
ThrowHouseParty
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2009 June 29, 02:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question about the nudity blur aspect that was recently added: Can I keep rick's no mosaic hack if I keep awesomemod's noblur disabled?
Rick's version works at a higher level than AwesomeMod's, and the two are unrelated: Rick's version causes the blur to render as nothingness. AwesomeMod prevents the blur from rendering at all. So if you are using them both, the game will not try to render the nothingness when sims are naked, and will render the nothingness when they are on the terlet, but you cannot see it because the item being rendered is nothingness.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
eyeball
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2009 June 29, 03:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The download link for the AwesomeMod seems to be non-functional.  Firefox gives me a "Page Load Error: The server at beta.moreawesomethanyou.com is taking too long to respond."  IE tells me "Oops! This link appears to be broken." and suggests I search Google for "beta more awesome than you ts3 base."  I have downloaded the AwesomeMod twice previously, but the version I currently have is pre-patch.

This is where the link is pointing: http://beta.moreawesomethanyou.com:8080/ts3/base/awesome.zip
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2009 June 29, 03:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could have found your answer in the main download thread.  To save you some time, there's two ways to do it now. 

Marking and Unmarking sims and households for Sacred status and Tracking can now be accomplished in CRTL-Rightclick. No more having to go all the way to Edit Town. Note that your previous configuration file settings for the Tag String are now deprecated and nonfunctional, and you will have to remark your sims again. You can do this faster from the console, by typing "bless <household>". Typing just "bless" with no arguments toggles it on the current fambly.

CRTL-Rtclick did not work for me (or CTRL-leftclick, or alt-rt/left click, and any number of other combinations I tried), but I forgot about entering "bless <household> in the console. Thanks, I'll try that.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2009 June 29, 03:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted the speed fixes, so I went through the whole pain of unistalling everything and re-installing from scratch.

Now the game goes through the intro and then gets to the loading screen and boom, crashes.

Obvious idiot wondering what I am doing wrong. And yes, I RTFM. Obviously I used AwesomeMod before, so I know how to install it properly.
I'm having the same problem. When the loading screen comes up the cursor just twirls around and around, over and over, never getting to the Main Menu where you can choose a saved game. As soon as I remove Awesome.package from my mods folder, everything works fine.

I tried uninstalling and reverting back to 1.0.632.00002, but the problem affects that version now too.

Now that I've managed to fix my problems, it seems that another one has bubbled to the surface. Awesomemod causes my game not to load at all -- I mean, it starts up and everything, but when I get to the loading screen it doesn't load. At all. I don't see any green showing progress in the loading bar, just my cursor spinning around around, much how like the quoted poster was describing his problem. The game doesn't crash, either; it just sits there until I have to manually shut it down via task manager. I've searched around the Awesomemod! forums but have found nothing pertaining to my issue. Does anybody have an idea what could be going wrong?

The poster I quoted seemed to have fixed his problem, but didn't post the solution, so I was thinking about PMing him but I don't know often he logs onto MATY, and seeing as he only has six posts, I don't expect a reply any time soon.
That happened to me the first time I installed awesomemod.  I also created my own install directories and created my own resource.cfg... I ended up reinstalling my game and using monkey installer to install the mods.  I am not certain... But I think I put the mods directory in the wrong place originally and that caused my problem. (but for some reason the other mods I had isntalled worked... I imagine the reason awesomemod didn't was because it actually changes the script files and is a higher level mod making it a bit more touchy.... either that or it is complete voodoo)

What I'd suggest you do is run the monkey installer program which should be found in this thread among other places... Then try.  You might have to delete your current mods folder if it is in fact misplaced.  It is just too easy to do it wrong to make it worthwhile adding the folders/resource configs manually... especially when there are aps out there that do it for you.
starscream
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2009 June 29, 04:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened to me the first time I installed awesomemod.  I also created my own install directories and created my own resource.cfg... I ended up reinstalling my game and using monkey installer to install the mods.  I am not certain... But I think I put the mods directory in the wrong place originally and that caused my problem. (but for some reason the other mods I had isntalled worked... I imagine the reason awesomemod didn't was because it actually changes the script files and is a higher level mod making it a bit more touchy.... either that or it is complete voodoo)

What I'd suggest you do is run the monkey installer program which should be found in this thread among other places... Then try.  You might have to delete your current mods folder if it is in fact misplaced.  It is just too easy to do it wrong to make it worthwhile adding the folders/resource configs manually... especially when there are aps out there that do it for you.

Thanks a lot for your reply, but I JUST figured out what I did wrong. It was terribly idiotic of me to forget something like this, but unfortunately I did. You see, after reinstalling TS3 I forgot to download and apply Delphy's hack framework again along with Awesomemod, which is obviously essential for its use. I thought it was strange that I didn't already have a Mods\Packages folder when I reinstalled TS3, and figured I must have created them manually when I really got them from the framework.zip provided on MATY and linked to in the main Awesomemod thread. Man, I feel like such a dickhead for not remembering/reading the main thread over again -- I thought I had everything that Awesomemod needed to function. Apparently not.

Thanks for being the only one to reply to my inquiries, but I guess being ignored is better than being chastised for being a dummy (although being chastised for being a dummy would have made this problem much less tedious, frustrating, and time consuming).
Wolfeyes
Furry Yifftard
Retardo Lander

INFJ - 7, Very "F"

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2009 June 29, 04:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well much to my surprise... I had the multiple rotting food plates when visiting Central Park today... and have kept up w/all the updates to the Awesome Mod... and patch from here too... Never had them before playing today... and I've played over 100+ hours so far... very strange!  So, will now go and install today's updated AM and hope for the best...  Shocked    Undecided

"Life is not about surviving the storms but rather how to dance in the rain" ~

Luther Vandross ~ Forever, For Always, For Love ~ 2005

Genius - Flirty - Friendly - Good Sense of Humor - Great Kisser ~
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2009 June 29, 06:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<groan> I can't patch to 1.2.7 either. I cannot find that sku file anywhere, so the patch keeps choking out on invalid file and dying. Any tips? Since I do have awesomemod in, I crash every 10 minutes or so, rendering the game pretty unplayable.
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2009 June 29, 10:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I'm new here.  I'll try not to be stupid.  I have the same version as the person who is quoted above.  Is there a problem with answering questions about.... ahem less than legal versions as I noticed that someone else a page back either got lost or was ignored for his question.
We don't care how you got your version, but such matters are off-topic in this thread and will be ignored and punished with nuking if it continues.

Okay, point taken.  I was obviously wrong to think a little background information would be helpful in getting the patch to work in my game.  Now, on topic, what do I have to do to get this patch working in my game?  Help would be appreciated.   
Thraxus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2009 June 29, 11:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will more recent awesome mod updates work with an unpatched game?

<reason for question> I am unable to patch my game. I had the first arred version and upgraded it to the 2nd. I have reverted all core files back to their original state. My game states a version (down to the 0002) compatible with the patch I have but the game refuses to update citing incompatible regions. <end reason>

I had the same issue. Had the Reloaded version installed and updated it by installing the Razor1911 over top of it. I had to uninstall the game and reinstall the game from the Razor1911 files before the patch would work.
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2009 June 29, 11:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same issue. Had the Reloaded version installed and updated it by installing the Razor1911 over top of it. I had to uninstall the game and reinstall the game from the Razor1911 files before the patch would work.

I reinstalled the Razor1911 files last night, but I'm still getting gripes about it not working. The game loads, and awesomemod loads too, but it crashes randomly and every ten minutes minimum. I don't mean at startup, but during the game. For further information, I have awesomemod set to vanilla, and no other hacks in (except framework). The message I get when I try to patch is that the infamous sku key is missing (and it is indeed not in the registry).
Gigi
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2009 June 29, 13:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fucked up my Sunset Valley by using debug mode to kill some fucked up "townie" toddlers. I want to keep my legacy family (if possible), so which of the following would be the least harmful? Moving the family and the house to the library and placing them in Riverview, or should I place them in a new Sunset Valley and destroyalltownies? I don't want Sim A meeting her grandfather as a kid, and so on.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 29, 13:28:23 by Gigi » Logged
caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2009 June 29, 14:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will more recent awesome mod updates work with an unpatched game?

<reason for question> I am unable to patch my game. I had the first arred version and upgraded it to the 2nd. I have reverted all core files back to their original state. My game states a version (down to the 0002) compatible with the patch I have but the game refuses to update citing incompatible regions. <end reason>

Mine refuses to update citing a "gorilla" error which I googled and is supposed to be caused by a shader hack.  Well, I got frustrated, uninstalled everything, reinstalled and without adding in anything else, tried to update.  Same error, even though I installed (this time) to my C drive instead of the second drive I had used earlier and had absolutely nothing but the vanilla game at that time.  Mine is the first arr'd version (00007).  I just gave up and am playing unpatched.

Not all those who wander are lost.
--J R R Tolkien
rubenm
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2009 June 29, 14:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using the place an opportunities call I think it worked twice and it hasn't worked
since is there a limit to it or what?
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2009 June 29, 20:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer to keep Story Progression on, but I'm really getting annoyed with homeless families. Even with Awesomemod, I have 8 homeless families (not including the "NPC" family) that are basically untouchable. I don't like sims existing in the ether - I want them where I can see them and move them around as I desire.

Undocumented, possibly unsupported feature.
Would it be possible to create a "makehomeless <family and/or sim name>" command?
Exists. Not a documented feature, but I made it for debugging, "runstoryaction Create Household".
AddSim
ChangeFitness
ChangeRelationship
Create Household
Create and Move In
Emigrate Household
GetJob
KillSim
LeaveJob
MergeHouseholds
MoveInHousehold
MoveOutHousehold
PromoteDemote
SplitHousehold
ThrowHouseParty

I've tried playing with the commands above, but it seems no matter what syntax I use, or where it's used (either Edit Town, or with a family lot loaded), I get "Fail!" messages. Has anyone been able to get them to work?

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2009 June 29, 22:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're running them as runstoryaction foo, where foo is one of the keywords from the list?

Yes - for example, runstoryaction MoveInHousehold. When that didn't work, I tried adding in family names, lot names, using single quotes, double quotes, <>, etc. When I tried runstoryaction Create and Move In, it did not work - the error message said it could not be validated.

I have almost everything enabled in my Awesomemod config. The only things not enabled are robotic hand of God, censors, TS2 aging, 12 woohoo, and the CAS slider scale. Any ideas? I can load the game later and take some screenshots, if that would be helpful.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2009 June 29, 22:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes - for example, runstoryaction MoveInHousehold. When that didn't work, I tried adding in family names, lot names, using single quotes, double quotes, <>, etc. When I tried runstoryaction Create and Move In, it did not work - the error message said it could not be validated.

I have almost everything enabled in my Awesomemod config. The only things not enabled are robotic hand of God, censors, TS2 aging, 12 woohoo, and the CAS slider scale. Any ideas? I can load the game later and take some screenshots, if that would be helpful.

Based on Pescado's actual post, it's possible that only "Create Household" works - that one works fine for me, while none of the others do.  Alternatively, it could be that the action generates a random potential event, and the "Failed!" means the action actually just failed - for instance, GetJob may have grabbed a Sim that already had a job, thus the action would fail.  I tried testing this by running GetJob over and over, but it failed every time, so this is sheer speculation.  My hunch is that only Create Household works.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2009 June 29, 23:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey what does 12-Woohoo mean?
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2009 June 29, 23:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey what does 12-Woohoo mean?
a "12" is a teen.  So it enables other mods to enable teens to fuck like bunnies.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2009 June 29, 23:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I'm new here.  I'll try not to be stupid.  I have the same version as the person who is quoted above.  Is there a problem with answering questions about.... ahem less than legal versions as I noticed that someone else a page back either got lost or was ignored for his question.
We don't care how you got your version, but such matters are off-topic in this thread and will be ignored and punished with nuking if it continues.

Okay, point taken.  I was obviously wrong to think a little background information would be helpful in getting the patch to work in my game.  Now, on topic, what do I have to do to get this patch working in my game?  Help would be appreciated.   

I am definitely not awsome, but I think the point might be that you are not on topic. You are posting your questions in the wrong thread.

On the main page, look under THE HORROR, THE HORROR. There is a thread under that heading named something like 'Technical difficulties with THE HORROR'. You might want to check there to see if someone has already answered your question(s). If not, it seems to me that posting your questions in that thread might increase the chances of you getting some help with your install problems. This thread is not for install problems. This kind of thing matters here, 'k?  Wink
Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2009 June 29, 23:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Based on Pescado's actual post, it's possible that only "Create Household" works - that one works fine for me, while none of the others do.  Alternatively, it could be that the action generates a random potential event, and the "Failed!" means the action actually just failed - for instance, GetJob may have grabbed a Sim that already had a job, thus the action would fail.  I tried testing this by running GetJob over and over, but it failed every time, so this is sheer speculation.  My hunch is that only Create Household works.

Okay, then - thanks for trying it out. It's good to hear that it's not just me - the quote in my signature says it all. Smiley Not to get off-topic, but is there any way to deal with homeless sim families, besides befriending, asking to move in, and kicking out?

BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2009 June 30, 02:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the new features is a command, wandhere, that does what a Sims 2 magic wand did.  Having never played Sims 2, I have no idea what that implies.  Does anybody know?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2009 June 30, 02:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, then - thanks for trying it out. It's good to hear that it's not just me - the quote in my signature says it all. Smiley Not to get off-topic, but is there any way to deal with homeless sim families, besides befriending, asking to move in, and kicking out?
What do you want to do to them? If housing exists, they will find housing and move in eventually. If you want to force them to homelessness or homefulness, that is an undocumented feature of the next version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: