More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:02:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722601 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #175 on: 2009 June 28, 07:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To test it turn story mode off and also turn "require valid bosses" off (so he doesn't get promoted when someone else does....
That bug is fixed. Mark the sim "Sacred" and he won't be frobbed by the job engine, either.

Then make a sim and send him to the gym to gain 3 athletic skill points.  Get him a job in the military career.  Then switch to another family and wait for your first sim to have worked for 5 days.  Go back and check on him and see if he has been promoted and see if his job performance has improved.  Report your results.
If the relevant option for this to occur is enabled in AwesomeMod, then it will happen. Out of the box, it turns out NPCs are locked and cannot advance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Link
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2009 June 28, 08:17:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds good. Also, the only reason I wanted to edit the XML was to change the default settings for some of the mod stuff, whether it's enabled or not. Is there some other settings file I can easily toggle or should I just download a customized version off the customization site?

I'm currently playing just about everyone in my entire town, and that's why it's such a big issue for me as the entire town is essentially sacred. I'll probably just download a custom version of the mod though, as it seems to be the easiest way to solve my issues. Smiley

Thanks for getting back to me though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2009 June 28, 09:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds good. Also, the only reason I wanted to edit the XML was to change the default settings for some of the mod stuff, whether it's enabled or not. Is there some other settings file I can easily toggle or should I just download a customized version off the customization site?
Not sure which XML you're trying to edit, but any changes you'd want to make can be done using the Awesome config which will generate the modified XML for you. If you WANT to generate it by hand, you can, but we don't support this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
starscream
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2009 June 28, 14:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would anybody be able to direct me to the RLD to RZR patch/update? My Sims 3 version is currently 1.0.615.00107 according to skuversion.txt, and I've scoured google for the patch to 1.0.631 but have come up empty handed. Torrenting the razor1911 version of Sims 3 is a last resort, because who wants to wait a few hours (again) to play? I mean, I could always play the RELOADED version, but when I realized awesomemod wouldn't work unless I updated the Sims 3 (and I can't even get to 1.2.7 because I don't have 1.0.631) a little part inside of me died. Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2009 June 28, 14:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the other obvious bugs like the inability to have more than one outfit per outfit type, or the stopping of all music when apparently too many channels are being used?
(snip of text)
Or the inability to change maternity clothing?

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean, and if so, just ignore this, but Sims can have up to 3 outfits per type of clothing. Send them to the dresser and click on Plan Outfit, which takes them to CAS. Click on the desired clothing type. To the immediate right (to the left of the clothing pics) you will see a small icon representing the clothing type, and directly under that is a + (plus) sign. Click on the plus to select the second clothing outfit of the type, etc.

I also had a pregnant sim who owned the sundress as an everyday outfiit. She wore this outfit for her entire pregnancy rather than reverting to standard maternity wear. So at least they can have at least one other option for maternity clothing.

All that aside, I agree with you than there is a lot more wrong here than what the official patch addresses. I sincerely doubt I would still be playing it at all without AwesomeMod.
faesutherland
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2009 June 28, 14:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem that I'm not sure is a bug with Awesomemod or a feature.  I have debug commands disabled using the comfiguration tool, and yet when I'm in the game, I still have the debug commands available.  I can shift click on a Sim and get all the options, I can drag up and down their mood bars etc.  I know I didn't enable debug in the configuration, since I don't want this stuff, it makes it too easy to cheat if it's just...there.  Does anyone know why this stuff would still be enabled and how to shut it off permanently?  I can do it manually with the cheat console code, but I have to do it every time I load the game and it's a pain.

I tried redoing the config tool and replacing the file, just in case I accidentally enabled it and forgot, but no, it's still happening.  Am I the only one, which would indicate I borked myself, or is this happening to anyone else?

Help, please?
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2009 June 28, 14:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would anybody be able to direct me to the RLD to RZR patch/update? My Sims 3 version is currently 1.0.615.00107 according to skuversion.txt, and I've scoured google for the patch to 1.0.631 but have come up empty handed. Torrenting the razor1911 version of Sims 3 is a last resort, because who wants to wait a few hours (again) to play? I mean, I could always play the RELOADED version, but when I realized awesomemod wouldn't work unless I updated the Sims 3 (and I can't even get to 1.2.7 because I don't have 1.0.631) a little part inside of me died. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, I'm new here.  I'll try not to be stupid.  I have the same version as the person who is quoted above.  Is there a problem with answering questions about.... ahem less than legal versions as I noticed that someone else a page back either got lost or was ignored for his question.

Mr Pescado, I have your awesomemod and it is that, but I really do want to speed my computer and so would love some advice on downloading the patch. 
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2009 June 28, 15:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a problem that I'm not sure is a bug with Awesomemod or a feature.  I have debug commands disabled using the comfiguration tool, and yet when I'm in the game, I still have the debug commands available.  I can shift click on a Sim and get all the options, I can drag up and down their mood bars etc. 

I also have the debug commands disabled and can drag the motive bars. I actually like this feature (IMO, it's only cheating if you want to play the game EAxis made!), although I did accidently kill my sim once when his hunger was really low and I dragged his bar the wrong way. LOL! (I just quit without saving and was more careful the second time around!) When I shift-click I only have two options, though. I thought there were more with the debug commands enabled. But no, it's not just your game that this is affecting.

I seem to have another problem, though, that I don't think anyone has mentioned. I updated with the patch yesterday (I have the retail version, so sorry I can't comment on other versions) and reinstalled the latest version of AwesomeMod. My previous version of Awesome used the string to protect chosen families from the misnamed Story Progression. When I control-click on a house or Sim, which is supposed to add the protection in the current version, nothing happens; no option to protect the sim or household appears. So I have been unable to use this most awesome feature. Anyone else experience this? Am I doing it wrong?

I am going to try redownloading and reistalling AwesomeMod and the config tool, although I noticed that the Chosen People feature is no longer even mentioned in the config tool....Any comments or suggestions would be welcome.

BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2009 June 28, 15:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have another problem, though, that I don't think anyone has mentioned. I updated with the patch yesterday (I have the retail version, so sorry I can't comment on other versions) and reinstalled the latest version of AwesomeMod. My previous version of Awesome used the string to protect chosen families from the misnamed Story Progression. When I control-click on a house or Sim, which is supposed to add the protection in the current version, nothing happens; no option to protect the sim or household appears. So I have been unable to use this most awesome feature. Anyone else experience this? Am I doing it wrong?

You could have found your answer in the main download thread.  To save you some time, there's two ways to do it now. 

Marking and Unmarking sims and households for Sacred status and Tracking can now be accomplished in CRTL-Rightclick. No more having to go all the way to Edit Town. Note that your previous configuration file settings for the Tag String are now deprecated and nonfunctional, and you will have to remark your sims again. You can do this faster from the console, by typing "bless <household>". Typing just "bless" with no arguments toggles it on the current fambly.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2009 June 28, 16:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I'm new here.  I'll try not to be stupid.  I have the same version as the person who is quoted above.  Is there a problem with answering questions about.... ahem less than legal versions as I noticed that someone else a page back either got lost or was ignored for his question.
We don't care how you got your version, but such matters are off-topic in this thread and will be ignored and punished with nuking if it continues.

tj
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009 June 28, 17:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any ideas why the command editsim isn't working for me?
It doesn't appear when help is typed either.
All the other commands work like showconfig; so awesomemod is working  Huh

Thanks  Grin
infernocanuck
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2009 June 28, 17:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to try this mod, but it seems I can't download it from the necessary page.  I can, however, download the framework, so it has nothing to do with my browser or connection.   Is the awesome mod down for right now, being updated or such?
starscream
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2009 June 28, 17:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're talking about the RLD to RZR update then you will need to do some registry editting to get it to work properly.  Locate the SKU file in your registry by either searching (CTRL+F) "SKU" or manually locating the Sims 3 folder.  In Vista64bit edition, it's found in this directory:  HLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Sims\The Sims 3

If you use CTRL+F make sure it's the Sims 3 folder and not some other folder  Look at the directory to verify.

Next right-click on SKU and change the value from 7 to 2.  That should fix it.  Enjoy!

I'm using Windows XP so I do not know which registry file to edit from your instruction it is different.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Electronic Arts
Contains one key that says (value not set)

\Sims 3
has nothing

\Launcher\Settings
has six items in it,
CCDisabled
DateTimeOffline
FirstRun
PageIndex
UpdateMode

Could the last one be it? Data says 0x000...1 (1) Someone can tell me who knows this if that is safe to change or not?
Changing only the skuversion.txt did not help it to start. I am talking about the RLD TO RZR update, which seems like it was a bad idea now.
Also in case anyone inquires, file permissions are correct - so I really don't know why it complains about the version number :/

So I've managed to update my Sims 3 to v1.0.631, but now I'm having the same problem as nanacake -- at first I tried to simply patch it, but it says I had the wrong regional version or something and it won't patch to 1.2.7 at all. Then I tried locating SKU in the registry, and like nanacake cannot find it (I'm on Vista32bit as opposed to 64, but my directories are the same as nana). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. After restarting my computer, I was able to find SKU in the register under the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3, if that helps you at all nanacake. It may be different for you because you're under XP while I'm under Vista 32bit. Now to see if that patch doesn't crap out on me...

EDIT 2: The patch didn't crap out on me and the game runs fine, it's just that now Awesomemod doesn't work. I removed it and installed it again, but to no avail. I tried shift-clicking my sims in game and no pie menu option for changing traits or age transitioning appear. I'll try again, the third time's a charm...

EDIT 3: Awesomemod still fails to work in my game -- it's as if it isn't there at all. On a side note, when I first reinstalled TS3 I had to manually create the Mods\Packages folder. Does hold any significance?
« Last Edit: 2009 June 28, 20:41:39 by starscream » Logged
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: 2009 June 28, 21:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have debug commands disabled using the configuration tool, and yet when I'm in the game, I still have the debug commands available.  I can shift click on a Sim and get all the options, I can drag up and down their mood bars etc.  I know I didn't enable debug in the configuration, since I don't want this stuff, it makes it too easy to cheat if it's just...there.  Does anyone know why this stuff would still be enabled and how to shut it off permanently?

This.

I would like to know how to shut it off for good as well.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
joshiejack
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: 2009 June 28, 21:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is not the debug interactions. The debug interactions involve shift ctrl click, those are the testing cheats. You do have the debug interactions off, and what does it matter if you have the testing cheats on? Just don't use them if you're that concerned..
faesutherland
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2009 June 28, 21:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is not the debug interactions. The debug interactions involve shift ctrl click, those are the testing cheats. You do have the debug interactions off, and what does it matter if you have the testing cheats on? Just don't use them if you're that concerned..

Alright, then, to clarify, what exactly are debug interactions?  What enables them and what do they do?  If it's not testingcheatsenabled true (which is the way I always understood it, that debug mode was another term for testingcheats enabled), what is it?  And it matters because it's not how I prefer to play my game.  Just like a lot of the options in Awesomemod, it's a personal preference and there's nothing wrong with that.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2009 June 28, 22:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The debugging commands can't do anything unless you specifically enter those commands into the console, yourself. The things you're complaining about are testing cheats, which are enabled by default in AwesomeMod. Disable them, and you'll no longer have the features that you don't want.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Drac
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009 June 28, 22:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Undecided Howdy... I have downloaded the razor patch. I closed out the  ea down loader when first trying to install the patch because I got an error message that said the game was running, now I get this error message
This set up has detected that  the installed game region for this update is incorrect. This update requires a different game region in order to be installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks  Tongue

Drac
Zlot
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009 June 28, 22:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a request for your download post, if you could make you're new build's feature in bold to know what you add it would help thx you for this awsome Mod Smiley
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2009 June 28, 22:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zlot, if you go to the actual AwesomeMod thread, which is labeled as such, you will find the download link near the top of the first page. To find out when the latest update was posted, look at the timestamp at the bottom of the page. Also, Pescado sometimes makes a new post to let people know that there is a new build to be downloaded.

Edit to insert a missing "e".

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
faesutherland
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2009 June 28, 22:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The debugging commands can't do anything unless you specifically enter those commands into the console, yourself. The things you're complaining about are testing cheats, which are enabled by default in AwesomeMod. Disable them, and you'll no longer have the features that you don't want.

I understand I can shut off testingcheats manually, as I said above, but it has to be done every time the game is loaded.  I was looking for a way to permanently shut them off, like the other features can be in the configuration tool.  If there is none, that's fine, I'll deal.  I just wasn't even aware Awesomemod turned them on, since as far as I can see there's no mention of it doing so in the list of things it does.  Hence my confusion with the use of the term 'debug' in the configuration tool, since it was my understanding that testingcheats mode *was* debug mode.  
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2009 June 28, 23:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I've managed to update my Sims 3 to v1.0.631, but now I'm having the same problem as nanacake -- at first I tried to simply patch it, but it says I had the wrong regional version or something and it won't patch to 1.2.7 at all. Then I tried locating SKU in the registry, and like nanacake cannot find it (I'm on Vista32bit as opposed to 64, but my directories are the same as nana). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. After restarting my computer, I was able to find SKU in the register under the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sims\The Sims 3, if that helps you at all nanacake. It may be different for you because you're under XP while I'm under Vista 32bit. Now to see if that patch doesn't crap out on me...

EDIT 2: The patch didn't crap out on me and the game runs fine, it's just that now Awesomemod doesn't work. I removed it and installed it again, but to no avail. I tried shift-clicking my sims in game and no pie menu option for changing traits or age transitioning appear. I'll try again, the third time's a charm...

EDIT 3: Awesomemod still fails to work in my game -- it's as if it isn't there at all. On a side note, when I first reinstalled TS3 I had to manually create the Mods\Packages folder. Does hold any significance?

Nope the sku is no where to be found, even after a restart, it's still the same as the directories/files I posted. Not sure if I will continue bothering with it, this game does not matter that much to me right now to be damaging my registry.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: 2009 June 29, 00:33:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will more recent awesome mod updates work with an unpatched game?

<reason for question> I am unable to patch my game. I had the first arred version and upgraded it to the 2nd. I have reverted all core files back to their original state. My game states a version (down to the 0002) compatible with the patch I have but the game refuses to update citing incompatible regions. <end reason>

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jpinard
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2009 June 29, 00:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, Pescado, thank you so much for this excellent mod.

I'm trying my best to get some unique characters, so I'm using the facial CAs slider you rpvided along with the body slider CAS tool from MTS.  What I"m wondering, since I'm using both is what value do you suggest (2,3,4,5) to make things work better between the two?  Does using the value of 5 allow the face to fatten up better in relation to the belly vs. using 2?  I'd like to use a lower value so the adjustments aren't so drastic and we can make finer tuning.  Also, in the next version of the Awesome mod will you incorporate the body slider hack once again giving us values (2,3,4,5) like you did for the faces?  Or am I mis-interpretting how they work?

Thanks for all your help and the work you do!
WerewolfOfTheWater
Asinine Airhead

derp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: 2009 June 29, 01:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question about the nudity blur aspect that was recently added: Can I keep rick's no mosaic hack if I keep awesomemod's noblur disabled? If not, can you make it so the blur is completely gone rather than just when they take a shower? I know that nothing happens when sims are pissing, but I still find the blur to be overly annoying and I'd personally rather look at a sim sitting on the toilet with his pants still on than a huge blur covering it. Or at least make it optional in the config to decide what to blur and what not to blur?

You don't even
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: