More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 04:15:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 9 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1734723 times)
shinygobonkers
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #3025 on: 2011 July 07, 23:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I am at a loss. I followed the how to install awesome and framework guide EXACTLY. Just installed a new game on a new computer so nothing old to remove. I made a documents>ea>sims3 new mods folder, downloaded the cfg from the guide and put in the mods folder, made a package folder, put the awesome.package in there....and my game blackscreens, wont start, and i get the unauthorized/outdated mod error message to boot. dont understand what i could be doing wrong. I have NO other mods installed either...

edit: nevermind, patching with the modthesims patch tool fixed me issue, it looks like...
« Last Edit: 2011 July 08, 00:50:02 by shinygobonkers » Logged
Sanasun
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: 2011 July 09, 09:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi! I'm new here and I apologize for my bad english Tongue

I've installed yesterday the awesomemod and all was fine. But after few minutes of games, all slows down and the sound disappear. So I've uninstalled the awesomemod and all come back to normal.
But now I'm not able anymore to change the active household! When I try the game come back to the previous household or worse, it freeze!
I've tried in another neighbourhood and it works...what the awesomemod did to my poor Bridgeport? Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: 2011 July 09, 11:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think this is AwesomeMod-related, as AwesomeMod cannot alter the sound and I have never seen this. I think it is just your computer running out of RAMs, which is why restarting the game with or without AwesomeMod had any effect.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sanasun
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: 2011 July 09, 12:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, but before awesomemod nothing similar has happened to my game!

Btw, do you know if the problem of change active household is awesomemod-related? Maybe the neighbourhood is corrupted? Sigh Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: 2011 July 09, 12:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably? I have no idea. I haven't seen any such problems before.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
schwinnrider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: 2011 July 09, 13:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New Question: Has anyone else had any problems trying to read/view the skill reward certificates, as I am unable to do so?  It has been a while since I tried, so not sure if it started with the latest patch, something from Generations, or possibly before that.
I usually sell those post-haste but I got one in the mail today, hung it on the wall, the only interaction available was Nraas.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: 2011 July 09, 20:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New Question: Has anyone else had any problems trying to read/view the skill reward certificates, as I am unable to do so?  It has been a while since I tried, so not sure if it started with the latest patch, something from Generations, or possibly before that.
I usually sell those post-haste but I got one in the mail today, hung it on the wall, the only interaction available was Nraas.

That's all I get.  It use to be possible to view and see who it was given to and why.  I am guessing it is an EAxian bug, but not sure.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: 2011 July 12, 09:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed recently that motives of non-playeds in LN venues are not locked anymore. Is this AM or the patch that did this? I am asking because this now has the side-effect that NPCs working there (especially any nectar merchants) now suffer from Hygiene and Energy decay and end up unconscious after several days. All of their other motives are still locked at 100% but these two decay like any other Sim's motives on a lot.
pandora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: 2011 July 13, 11:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey guys,
is it possible to turn off emigration with Awesomemod?

edit: i can't make households/sims sacred. i tried ctrl-clicking on some sims but the option doesn't appear.
« Last Edit: 2011 July 13, 11:57:27 by pandora » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: 2011 July 13, 13:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emigration is not a feature of AwesomeMod. AwesomeMod will never arbitrarily destroy neighborhood contents. Because that's what it really is. That implies that sims continue to exist after "emigrating".

pandora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: 2011 July 14, 16:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you, pescado, thats really great. Smiley

well, i still have another question: do i still need to install framework in order to make AM work properly? because i thought this was only necessary when the mods-folder wasn't in the user files directory.(forgot where it was before).
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: 2011 July 14, 18:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really have no idea. If it doesn't work without it, you'll know why, though. I always install it anyway, because my game doesn't boot without it.

pandora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: 2011 July 15, 08:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works without framework, too. im happy now Cheesy
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: 2011 July 17, 16:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the FPS limiter, press f10.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: 2011 July 17, 19:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the FPS limiter, press f10.

I made a new config, del. caches, restarted the game with the updater and the flashing fps limiter is gone.
But thanks for the tip.  I'll have that in mind next time the fps limiter eventually is showing up.

The blur is still on. I have no other mods.

Awesome mod only removes the blur when the sim is naked, not when they use the terlet. Also the green numbers are turned off/on by pressing F10, all that other stuff is unnecessary, since they have nothing todo with the game itself.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Grumptastic
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: 2011 July 22, 11:02:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if this is a no-brainer question. I just bought TS3 last week, and a forum/wiki search did not produce an answer. Do I need to uncheck EA storymode in the game in order for AM story progression to work, or does it need to be checked in order to work?  Huh
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: 2011 July 22, 12:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if this is a no-brainer question. I just bought TS3 last week, and a forum/wiki search did not produce an answer. Do I need to uncheck EA storymode in the game in order for AM story progression to work, or does it need to be checked in order to work?  Huh

I don't believe you did more than one search or read past the first few search results. If you did, you wouldn't have asked this "no-brainer" question. So, don't be sorry but rather use the search box at the top of the page. Try "story progression".

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
Grumptastic
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: 2011 July 22, 13:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't believe you did more than one search or read past the first few search results. If you did, you wouldn't have asked this "no-brainer" question. So, don't be sorry but rather use the search box at the top of the page. Try "story progression".

You are 99% correct. My searches were for storymode, rather than "story progression". My apologies, and thank you very much.
simsmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: 2011 July 26, 03:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do I add custom books using AwesomeMod's CustombooksXX plugin?

I searched on Google and MTS, but apparently there are no mods that add new books this way. The only post I could find was this one and it didn't have too much information.

I created the following XML and changed its instance to be the FNV64 hash of "SimsMxBooks." However, there are no new books in the bookstore.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Books>
<BookFish>
  <Title>Placeholder</Title>
  <Author>UnknownComposer</Author>
  <SkillLevel>0</SkillLevel>
  <Length>0</Length>
  <Value>0</Value>
  <PagesMinNorm>1</PagesMinNorm>
  <PagesMinBW>2</PagesMinBW>
  <FishTypes></FishTypes>
  <NotInBookStore>False</NotInBookStore>
  <GeometryState>BookSmallThin</GeometryState>
  <MaterialState>bookMedical</MaterialState>
  <AllowedWorldTypes>Base,Downtown</AllowedWorldTypes>
  <AllowedWorlds></AllowedWorlds>
 </BookFish>
<BookFish>
  <Title>BookFishLateNightTitle</Title>
  <Author>BookFishLateNightAuthor</Author>
  <SkillLevel>4</SkillLevel>
  <Length>180</Length>
  <Value>450</Value>
  <FishTypes>SeaSludge, KissingGourami, SewerTrilobite</FishTypes>
  <GeometryState>BookMediumThin</GeometryState>
  <MaterialState>bookFish3</MaterialState>
 </BookFish>
</Books>
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: 2011 July 26, 07:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To use the old CustomBooksXX method, simply FNV64 "CustomBooks##". If you wish to use the assembly-keyed method, you will need an assembly that goes with it, a SimsMxBooks.dll file. This method guarantees you will never have a conflict with anyone else's file.

simsmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: 2011 July 31, 03:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to get custom books by using the old method, but I cannot assembly-keyed method to work. I've created the SimsMxBooks.dll file and a corresponding SimsMxBooks XML file with several books. However, the books are not loaded. Below is the code I used in the SimsMxBooks.dll file.
Code:
[assembly: Tunable]

namespace CustomBooks
{
    public class SimsMxBooks
    {
        [Tunable]
        protected static bool kSimsMxBooks = false;
    }
}
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: 2011 July 31, 04:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's quite strange. I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work, I've doublechecked the code, and it works for me. Did you name your assembly correctly? Try "listasms" to see if the game is even seeing it.

simsmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: 2011 July 31, 05:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should I type it in the cheat command? I'm getting an "Unknown command."

These are the files I have:
  • SimsMxBooks.dll (0xD5F738CDEEEC5072) - code shown in my last post.
  • CustomBooks.SimsMxBooks (0x0A279D6AA751EA8F) - sets "kSimsMxBooks" to true.
  • SimsMxBooks (0xFB14D2687D798684) - contains book information. It's the same file I used to test the old method.
  • Strings_ENG_US (0x0014D2687D798684)

Also, I just realized that the custom books made with the old method can't be bought from the bookstore. I was only able to get them through the library and the debug interaction "DEBUG: Add Books."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: 2011 July 31, 06:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may need to turn the debug commands on. Then do "listasms" and see if yours even appears. If the assembly doesn't appear, then neither will your files, because the game can't find them.

simsmx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: 2011 July 31, 19:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the game is loading my assembly. "SimsMxBooks" is on the list, but there are no books in the bookstore, book register, or library.

I've attached my file. I've no idea what's wrong.
« Last Edit: 2011 August 01, 04:11:02 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: