More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 23:54:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1734118 times)
Alexina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2925 on: 2011 February 06, 22:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using latest patch (6.2).

For some reason, my game keeps getting stuck on the loading screen. The problem disappears when I remove awesomemod. My CC is correctly installed in My Documents/EA/Sims3/Mods/Packages, with the Resource.cfg in /Mods, so I'm not sure what could be causing this.

Same problem here.  I'm removing awesomemod from my packages folder too to see if it'll start loading, I'll update you on this if it makes a difference or not.

Edit: Yep removing awesomemod has allowed me to finally log in and judging from what's being posted on the bugs topic other members are experiencing the same issue, so must be an issue with the latest release version.  Best bet is to refer to the bugs topic and await an update.
« Last Edit: 2011 February 07, 00:13:09 by Alexina » Logged

I'm outta here, had enough of these MATY wassacks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: 2011 February 09, 17:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check the new version, that should have been fixed by now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Clovis
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: 2011 February 14, 00:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still having the same 'Loading Screen Freeze' issues as the rest. Installed a fresh awesomemod and config. Le sigh.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: 2011 February 14, 00:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still having the same 'Loading Screen Freeze' issues as the rest. Installed a fresh awesomemod and config. Le sigh.
Are you sure it's not because your framework is set up improperly?

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Clovis
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: 2011 February 14, 01:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Screw it. An uninstall and registry cleaning, followed by a reinstall, patching, and clean downloads of the Framework and Awesomemod. Game is working fine.
« Last Edit: 2011 February 16, 05:41:50 by Clovis » Logged
Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: 2011 February 19, 04:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, this is the error code I now get since downloading an electronic file of OLS from EA.  DasmX86Dll.dll not found.  After researching, I know this is not the reason that my game now experiences CTD's the moment I enter one of my sim's homes in a brand new game. I have uninstalled this electronic file and re-installed it. Also am fully patched w/all game patches and my graphics card drivers are updated. In reading the various posts on this topic, many players said that even after completely uninstalling the entire game, cleaning their registry files and then re-installing w/all patches updated, that they still had CTD's.

My question to players here is have any of you experienced this error and followed the above advice to have it work for you? Or does anyone here know of anything else I might try as a workaround? I will uninstall OLS if necessary since I was not having any major CTD's before downloading the electronic file.

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
novelty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: 2011 February 21, 17:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My readings suggest Supreme Commander needs a specific number/type of rabbitholes and/or destinations (library, gym, etc.)  present  in a Custom World to function efficiently.  A list of what those places are exactly would be helpful.
tryoutz
Asinine Airhead

I need help.

View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: 2011 February 25, 18:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I am to understand correctly we don't need framework for AM anymore right? So all we need is the "Resource (1).cfg" in the mods folder and the "aweconf.package" and "awesome.package" in the package folder that is in the mods folder. Then Delete the file Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims3/scriptcache.package.

Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims3/mods (Resource.cfg)/packages (aweconf.package) (awesome.package)

Is this correct?

I have the updater installed and I never receive an error It seems to update it. I get the option to "Choose 1. to clean up download folder and exit (recommended)" or "2. to exit now"

If any one can tell me what I am doing wrong please help me. I wonder if I have the wrong Resource.cfg? Where do I get the correct on? I have tried the regular one from 

MTS

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

I have tried this one too.

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles  Mods/Files/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package

this one

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

And a combined one I found something like this.

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

I'm sorry for being so ignorant on this. I just cant figure out my wrong turn or my missed step.
Thank you for all and any help.

God bless you,
Earl

I still don't understand....
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: 2011 February 25, 19:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the updater installed and I never receive an error It seems to update it. I get the option to "Choose 1. to clean up download folder and exit (recommended)" or "2. to exit now"
You do receive an error, look better. If you really don't get one, please refer to the updater thread.

I won't help you with the rest of your shit. You are an idiot.
tryoutz
Asinine Airhead

I need help.

View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: 2011 February 25, 19:20:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK thanks anyway. If there were an error it would say so.

I still don't understand....
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: 2011 February 26, 01:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My readings suggest Supreme Commander needs a specific number/type of rabbitholes and/or destinations (library, gym, etc.)  present  in a Custom World to function efficiently.  A list of what those places are exactly would be helpful.
None of these things are REQUIRED, but if things are missing, efficiency of skilling is naturally decreased because those options are no longer available. Which things you would like to have should be intuitively obvious, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: 2011 February 26, 05:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question regarding the "resetwaquests" command. When running it, will it be applied universally or per vacation world? The reason why I ask is that I had used it once in Egypt because the Sim in question could not advance the quest line because another household member must have done it before I had moved the whole household to another world. (Was a long time ago, so I must have forgotten.) The Sim could then proceed just fine. But now they are in China and the same thing happens again. Also, even though the tombs are fresh and untouched, those that were part of a quest I had completed in the previous world have their keystones magically in place already, which prevents the quest items from spawning as soon as I reach the end.
Using "resetwaquests" did clear another 39 quests from my household's list but I don't know whether these were now the Egyptian ones that I had completed in the meantime. I then used twallan's MasterController to check on adventuring opportunities and it actually said that my Chinese adventures were still "on" and accordingly I still could not proceed in the current adventure.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: 2011 February 26, 06:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Resetwaquests only erases the fambly's quest history. It does not magically reset the tombs back to their virgin state, which nothing is known to be able to do, without the risk of damaging your neighborhood files.

humanafterall
Tasty Tourist

Porque WHY?

View Profile
Is...
« Reply #2938 on: 2011 February 26, 06:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesomemod going to be updated for Outdoor Stuff/is it compatible now?
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: 2011 February 26, 07:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it is already updated long long ago. just redownload.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: 2011 February 26, 08:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Resetwaquests only erases the fambly's quest history. It does not magically reset the tombs back to their virgin state, which nothing is known to be able to do, without the risk of damaging your neighborhood files.
Sorry, I may have worded it wrong. The thing is, my tombs ARE reset because I have moved my family to a new neighbourhood. But the quest history for them is not completely cleared apparently despite the reset command.
I know that this was different in the past, as soon as I moved a family to a new hood other members could redo the quests, but this is not possible anymore. The tomb in question is untouched, rubble piles in place, doors locked BUT the key stone for the entrance is already in place, as if by magic, and this prevents the final quest item from spawning.
When I nuke the key stone that is already there, the tomb acts normal again and the quest item will spawn, but what baffled me was that despite having reset the quest history before, MasterController still shows all the quests I had done in the previous world as "on" or completed, respectively. And the game actually behaves as such.
I don't know whether this was changed in some of the patches because I know that I had one family that was able to redo everything after transferring them to a new hood. But this one can't.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: 2011 February 26, 15:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't moving a fambly to a new hood a Very Bad Idea?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: 2011 February 26, 17:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not in TS3.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: 2011 February 26, 18:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wut man? They fixed that whole broken system, which is part of the reason your sims don't have memories now and can't remember who they first kissed and whatnot. The family tree was also simplified, in ways that are beyond my ken.

The only thing is now you get random CTDs when you try to actually place an exported fambly, but at least it won't corrupt whatever neighborhood you're trying to move it to.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: 2011 February 26, 23:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wut man? They fixed that whole broken system, which is part of the reason your sims don't have memories now and can't remember who they first kissed and whatnot. The family tree was also simplified, in ways that are beyond my ken.

The only thing is now you get random CTDs when you try to actually place an exported fambly, but at least it won't corrupt whatever neighborhood you're trying to move it to.

Do you really expect us to believe that EAxis managed to get it right this time and made it work like it is supposed to?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: 2011 February 27, 00:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you really expect us to believe that EAxis managed to get it right this time and made it work like it is supposed to?

No, but it doesn't break in exactly the same way as it used to.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: 2011 February 27, 05:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done this several times so far and with various methods and usually it works just fine, apart from the adventure issues I described above. A lot of legacy players seem to move worlds on a regular basis even. What can become a bit tricky is family tree preservation, especially if there are dead ancestors that you try to move, too. But there's twallan's Porter mod, which handles this quite well most of the time. And there can be weird results if you try to move a famly into a fresh version of the same world that you played before. I guess changing hoods is not very much different from saving your family to the bin and then re-adding it to your current game.
But back to my initial question. If I run "resetwaquests" in, let's say, Egypt, will this purge all quests from my family's list or only those for Egypt, or, other example, if I have run the command in Egypt before and completed some Egyptian adventures afterwards, then go to China and discover that the Chinese adventure history has not been purged completely, will running "resetwaquests" for a second time also empty my Egypt history again?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: 2011 February 27, 09:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It SHOULD purge all of them. Unless they've changed how quests are stored.

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: 2011 March 07, 17:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, seeing as Supreme Commander is effectively 'autopilot mode', would there be any chance of including things like cleaning, party host, or perhaps  patrolling (for security guards)?  

A party host could check for music, serve buffets, mingle and pour drinks out, etc. Potentially useful stuff.

Also, I vaguely remember you saying something about features which will only be added to AM once the last EP and patch is out. Is this still true?
« Last Edit: 2011 March 07, 17:18:26 by tizerist » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: 2011 March 08, 17:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Modes get added to Supreme Commander as I encounter and understand them. Until I A: Encounter a need for such a thing, and B: Figure out an algorithm for it, there's not going to be a mode that does that.

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: