More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:30:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722574 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2900 on: 2011 February 01, 22:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado's usually really quick to update, but the latest patch just went live today, so give him time.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: 2011 February 01, 22:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've done a search for patch 1.19, and I'm not asking WHEN it's gonna be updated, just IF it has been yet, if not, I'll wait for El Presidante to update his nice Awesomemod. so, Has it been updated? cause the test version, sadly, is nonexistant. and the main version is not up to the latest patch.

thank you for your time.

*prepares fire retardant suit for being flamed*

This new patch changed two things, the current awesomemod works just fine.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Lt. Vasquez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: 2011 February 01, 22:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so, in other words, ignore the Core mismatch? if so, thanks.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: 2011 February 01, 23:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've done a search for patch 1.19, and I'm not asking WHEN it's gonna be updated, just IF it has been yet, if not, I'll wait for El Presidante to update his nice Awesomemod. so, Has it been updated? cause the test version, sadly, is nonexistant. and the main version is not up to the latest patch.

thank you for your time.

*prepares fire retardant suit for being flamed*
This new patch changed two things, the current awesomemod works just fine.

Really?  Have you patched and are using the current version of AM, or are you talking out of your arse because you think the patch doesn't change enough to affect AM?

People have already posted that they are getting "core mismatch" errors after patching which would suggest that AM doesn't work with the latest patch, yet here you are saying it does.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Lt. Vasquez
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: 2011 February 01, 23:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll leave this for you guys to work out, and go back to lurking.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: 2011 February 01, 23:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?  Have you patched and are using the current version of AM, or are you talking out of your arse because you think the patch doesn't change enough to affect AM?

People have already posted that they are getting "core mismatch" errors after patching which would suggest that AM doesn't work with the latest patch, yet here you are saying it does.

It does work, just as good as the ignore button that pops up. Of course the core mismatch error pops up, there's a new SP/patch, seeing as the patch changes few minor things AM still works just fine.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2906 on: 2011 February 02, 00:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have to agree with the toast on this. It does work perfectly fine, even though you need to click through a couple popups telling you to get rid of your mods.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
gotchan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: 2011 February 02, 00:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have to agree with the toast on this. It does work perfectly fine, even though you need to click through a couple popups telling you to get rid of your mods.

Mine is was crashing. I was getting the nag last night that AM was going to expire in the wee hours of this morning. Today i redownloaded AM, and applied the new patch. I get the EA unofficial mod warning, the AM core mismatch warning, everything loads correctly, then on the first action a sim attempts a crash to desktop even before the NRass notifications.

My configuration is unique, just like everyone else's, but the only change between my configuration yesterday and my configuration today is the EA patch. So i suspect they've changed something that is going to cause problems for some people until it's found and adjusted for.

ETA: On the third attempt a sim successfully got out of bed and into the shower, so…who knows? We'll see how long it runs.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2908 on: 2011 February 02, 00:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a crash switching from buy mode to live mode. But I'd been running smoothly for about an hour.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: 2011 February 02, 01:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen much the same thing happen when sims get promoted at the end of a shift that starts before midnight and ends after midnight (i.e. sims in the crime career and sims in the medical & law enforcement careers who get called in to work).

What I've noticed:
- it doesn't matter if the day would be a normal work day or not, the game thinks they are due at work
- if they don't go to work, their performance meter drops until I send them to work
- if they do go to work, their performance meter doesn't rise, unless the shift extends beyond midnight - at midnight they start gaining performance
- at the end of the shift I have to cancel the work interaction otherwise they stay at work

I have AwesomeMod and Twallan's overwatch and master controller.  All EPs / SPs up to Late Night, all fully patched.

Thanks for the response. It happened to him again and I left him at work until after midnight this time. (His shift starts at 3 p.m. He's in the cooking career.) Unfortunately, his meter didn't move and he didn't get paid at all. (I thought I might trigger a new boss or a co-worker, but neither of those happen when the game doesn't recognize a work shift.)

I'll go back to an old save and make sure I send him home earlier.

Added: No luck. He didn't get paid if I had him leave right on time or a little late or really late. I finally used familyfunds to give him the money he should have earned during his shift.
« Last Edit: 2011 February 02, 02:32:47 by ciane » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2910 on: 2011 February 02, 02:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?  Have you patched and are using the current version of AM, or are you talking out of your arse because you think the patch doesn't change enough to affect AM?

It does work, just as good as the ignore button that pops up. Of course the core mismatch error pops up, there's a new SP/patch, seeing as the patch changes few minor things AM still works just fine.

If it was just pop-ups complaining about using mods, no problem, but I don't trust a "core mismatch" error, so I'll wait for pes to release a test version or update the currently released AM to the latest patch.  Last time I tried playing with a core mismatch the game didn't fair so good.  Apart from AM not actually working properly, the game quickly turned to shit, and became full of errors and glitches.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: 2011 February 02, 10:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Test version is out already.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tallgeese
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: 2011 February 02, 23:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado: Just to check, the test version is not supposed to state that it doesn't match my version of the game on bootup, yes? I patched up, installed OLS, and got the test version when I read your post, but it gives me the warning anyway.

EDIT: For the record, no core mismatch warning appears. I don't suppose I misread the intent of your post and assumed you meant new patch+OLS support, when you meant just 'new patch support'?
« Last Edit: 2011 February 03, 00:08:20 by Tallgeese » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: 2011 February 03, 01:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado: Just to check, the test version is not supposed to state that it doesn't match my version of the game on bootup, yes? I patched up, installed OLS, and got the test version when I read your post, but it gives me the warning anyway.
Oh, yeah, I know why that is. I forgot to compile with the new version header. Harmless issue, ignore it. Will fix.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tallgeese
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: 2011 February 03, 02:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for confirming. I thought that I had fucked up during patching somehow.
thisregisabsurd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: 2011 February 04, 22:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have some relationship glitch where no option to propose will ever show up for one of my sims, and the fixall command doesn't seem to fix it. I posted about it here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3430055#post3430055
and got a reply from pescado saying that it should be working normally and to keep trying, but as my replies indicate, I have tried everything that I can think of (both sims' needs fulfilled, both happy, and relationship is at max) and my sim still seems to be glitched. Is there anything that I am not seeing here or anyway to possibly reset all of that sims relationship statuses?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: 2011 February 05, 01:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have some relationship glitch where no option to propose will ever show up for one of my sims, and the fixall command doesn't seem to fix it. I posted about it here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3430055#post3430055
and got a reply from pescado saying that it should be working normally and to keep trying, but as my replies indicate, I have tried everything that I can think of (both sims' needs fulfilled, both happy, and relationship is at max) and my sim still seems to be glitched. Is there anything that I am not seeing here or anyway to possibly reset all of that sims relationship statuses?

Your information is a bit vague.  Is the other sim already engaged/married, that would prevent the option from appearing.  If the other sim is a random non-playing sim, it may be that story progression has entered them into another relationship without your knowledge.  Also what are their traits?  someone with commitment issues may not get the option, there are many possibilities, including mod conflicts that can cause this. 

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: 2011 February 05, 02:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly. Also, if all else fails, swap sims and propose that way. If you end up with a family name that you don't like it's easy enough to fix at the town hall.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
thisregisabsurd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: 2011 February 05, 18:38:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your information is a bit vague.  Is the other sim already engaged/married, that would prevent the option from appearing.  If the other sim is a random non-playing sim, it may be that story progression has entered them into another relationship without your knowledge.  Also what are their traits?  someone with commitment issues may not get the option, there are many possibilities, including mod conflicts that can cause this. 

Neither sim is engaged or married to any other. One sim does have two other "romantic interests", but that should not affect the option from coming up. Both sims were made in CAS, and story progression is off (this should only stop other sims from getting engaged on their own, right?). I have even changed their traits so that both of them are a "hopeless romantic" with no success. Awesomemod is the only mod installed.

Exactly. Also, if all else fails, swap sims and propose that way. If you end up with a family name that you don't like it's easy enough to fix at the town hall.

I have tried swapping, and then also doing nothing but romantic interactions with the other sim, but still, with the relationship at "girlfriend/boyfriend 100" and the other sim saying that the controlled is being "extremely irresistable", but proposing still never comes up.

Are there any time restrictions on the time between going steady and proposing? Would having aging set to epic or off affect this? Would there be something that can cause the fixall command to not work? Usually when I try running that command, it says that bad traits and "phantom butts" were removed. Is it normal to see that feedback?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: 2011 February 05, 23:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any time restrictions on the time between going steady and proposing? Would having aging set to epic or off affect this?

As far as my game goes there are no time restrictions that I have seen.  I have had sims go steady, get engaged then get married almost straight after each other, while other times I have left a sizable gap between these events.

Are your sims YA or older? you're not trying to marry teens are you?  I have played with aging off and been able to get married without any problems, however I cannot say how epic aging may affect things because I never use that option.  When you say story progression is off, are you meaning AM story progression is disabled or that you turned story progression off in the in-game options panel?

Were they made in CAS at the same time and put into the same household?  If so, what relationship did you set them at?  Have you tried breaking the romantic liaisons for a day or two before trying for the next level?  Have you tried moving them out of/or into the same house?  The main cause of propose marriage not showing up is usually because one of the sims is already engaged or married.  Do you see an option to ask the sim to break up with someone?  The next most common cause is an outdated/conflicting mod.  I put little faith in people claiming to only be running AM and nothing else, because the biggest majority who make this claim are busy whining about a problem which has already been identified as a conflict with a specific mod.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: 2011 February 06, 02:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't think of anything that would cause this, but send a save and I can take a look when I get time.

thisregisabsurd
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: 2011 February 06, 04:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't think of anything that would cause this, but send a save and I can take a look when I get time.

I sent you a PM, but I am not seeing anything in my outbox and I never saw a confirmation of it being sent, so since it had a captcha that might have silently failed, I am posting this message in case you didn't get it. Thanks for looking into this for me.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: 2011 February 06, 05:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted in this thread, but I am not sure my post posted, since I wasn't asked the capital of Assyria again.

cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2923 on: 2011 February 06, 06:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted in this thread, but I am not sure my post posted, since I wasn't asked the capital of Assyria again.

I remember being asked that once on a website, then I looked it up and gave the answer, but it said I was wrong.  But then I realized there is no capital of Assyria, because the country of Assyria hasn't existed for quite some time.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: 2011 February 06, 19:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using latest patch (6.2).

For some reason, my game keeps getting stuck on the loading screen. The problem disappears when I remove awesomemod. My CC is correctly installed in My Documents/EA/Sims3/Mods/Packages, with the Resource.cfg in /Mods, so I'm not sure what could be causing this.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: