More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 08:51:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1736333 times)
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2275 on: 2010 March 06, 15:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how you are playing your game that this might be happening.  I have 3 shops with WA registers in them.  I haven't had a problem with them.  The first time one of your Sims visits the shop the game will send a random unemployed Sim to man the register.  If the Sim comes from a household you play often, they will quit their job at the market when you switch to their household and send them home.  The register will remain unmanned until another active Sim visits the Market.  The game will then choose a new unemployed Sim to take their place.  It might take a while for the new employee to arrive at the market, depending on how far away they live.  I've also seen the game man the cash register, without sending an active Sim.

So; do you have any unemployed adult Sims in your hood to take the job?  Do you have the cash register placed on a kitchen counter? (I'm not sure if it has to be a counter, but that is what I'm using, and what the game uses)  Is there space on both sides of the counter for Sims to stand?  I have never seen a ‘homeless townie used as a cashier.  I created 4 households of jobless folks specifically so my town would have cashiers.  The game gave some of them other jobs but I always have a ready supply of workers to take over when one quits in order to be the boss of one of my other Sims.  I haven't tried Twallan's register mod.  I try to play my game with as few mods as possible.

I play with story mode turned off, so the homeless sims, I assume, are not generated.  I keep all of my neighbourhood sims chosen, and I am afraid if I added homeless sims just to man the registers, I would end up getting attached to them, and wouldn't be able to use them for the registers anymore.  I just wish the game would generate sims for the registers the same way they are generated for jobs.  By the way, I have not seen the scenario where the cashier shows up whenever sims enter the market, and the registers were working before, until I decided I didn't want my chosen sims to stand there 24 hours a day.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: 2010 March 06, 19:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play with story mode turned off, so the homeless sims, I assume, are not generated.  I keep all of my neighbourhood sims chosen, and I am afraid if I added homeless sims just to man the registers, I would end up getting attached to them, and wouldn't be able to use them for the registers anymore.  I just wish the game would generate sims for the registers the same way they are generated for jobs.  By the way, I have not seen the scenario where the cashier shows up whenever sims enter the market, and the registers were working before, until I decided I didn't want my chosen sims to stand there 24 hours a day.

If you do not have any jobless Sims to man the registers, you will have no cashier.  Create some non-chosen households.  The game is not going to bend over and do what you want it to; just because you think it should.  You need to play by the rules.  

Try replacing the register in build mode.  The general store register only works in vacation destinations, not in your hood.  The others all work, but you have to create jobless Sims to man them, and give them homes.  The homeless do not man registers.    
« Last Edit: 2010 March 06, 19:23:22 by The_Goddess » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: 2010 March 07, 02:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I got AwesomeMod to work. Hallelujah! Does the lifetimehappiness cheat still work with AwesomeMod? Because for some reason it's telling me that it's an unknown command.

It DOES work, your not enabling the right options.  Go to the main index, then in the little box in the upper left corner, where it says search, type in "lifetimehappiness", and magically you'll find your answer.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
MuggleLouise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: 2010 March 07, 15:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I got AwesomeMod to work. Hallelujah! Does the lifetimehappiness cheat still work with AwesomeMod? Because for some reason it's telling me that it's an unknown command.

It DOES work, your not enabling the right options.  Go to the main index, then in the little box in the upper left corner, where it says search, type in "lifetimehappiness", and magically you'll find your answer.
Thank you.
simmah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: 2010 March 09, 05:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to have more than 8 sims in a household?  For some reason I'm not able to, and I'm wondering if maybe my neighborhood is just buggy somehow.  I do have the option enabled via the config file.  If I have 8 sims in a house, I'm not able to have a baby or propose to an outside sim.  The option to try for baby is available, but they don't get pregant.  The option to propose marriage is not available at all.  But as soon as someone moves out and there are fewer than 8 sims, they get pregnant or can propose.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2280 on: 2010 March 09, 05:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to have more than 8 sims in a household? 
 I do have the option enabled via the config file. 

Did you enable it in game through the cheat bar, or did you use the config tool?  If it is not set with the tool it will revert back to default settings each time you start the game.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/awesome/config.php
simmah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: 2010 March 09, 07:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you enable it in game through the cheat bar, or did you use the config tool?  If it is not set with the tool it will revert back to default settings each time you start the game.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/awesome/config.php

Hello!  Yes, I set it with the online config tool.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: 2010 March 09, 08:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello!  Yes, I set it with the online config tool.

Hello! I'm trying to get enough information to help you.
Oh never mind, it is too late in the evening for me to give a crap.  I guess your neighborhood is just buggy.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: 2010 March 09, 11:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello!  Yes, I set it with the online config tool.
I  guess your neighborhood is just buggy.

or they have a conflict with another mod.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 09, 12:24:30 by wizard_merlin » Logged

ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: 2010 March 09, 15:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to use Twallan's supercomputer to get more than 8 sims even with the config set to enable that option. I experienced the same situation noted above by simmah.
MaxisManiac
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: 2010 March 09, 23:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the AwesomeMod story driver -- do I set the in-game Story Progression option to off? I'm having some problems and I'm not sure why: households I have selected as "Chosen" are still aging and options I enabled in the config file (such as no-censor) aren't working -- the censor still shows up. I don't have any other mods installed -- I had the SuperComputer but I removed it in case that was conflicting.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: 2010 March 10, 00:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Setting them as chosen does not stop them from aging.  You can stop aging in EA's options menu, but that stops your whole town from aging.  The censor will remain on wile using the toilet because no one really wants to see a Sim pee through their clothes.  Is the censor still there when your Sims bathe?
MaxisManiac
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: 2010 March 10, 02:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Setting them as chosen does not stop them from aging.  You can stop aging in EA's options menu, but that stops your whole town from aging.  The censor will remain on wile using the toilet because no one really wants to see a Sim pee through their clothes.  Is the censor still there when your Sims bathe?

Thanks for your reply.

No, it showed when they bathed, but I figured out my problem -- my config file was different than what was shown to be set by using "showconfig" in-game for some reason. I just reconfigured it through setconfig. As for "Chosen" Sims still aging... well, that sucks. I'm just going to use Twallan's Story Progression instead of AwesomeStory.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: 2010 March 10, 03:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The EA story progression block must be checked for AwesomeMod's story progression to work. Checking the TS2 style option should allow aging the way it was in TS2 with your other chosen families not aging until you play them.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: 2010 March 10, 03:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That or toggle aging on and off during your rotation to keep things equal. That's what I do. Every once in a while I screw things up and age three days in a two day rotation, but it's not a huge deal and you can balance it out the next round. I have seven chosen households in play out of thirty-five occupied, playing 2-day rounds.

Ciane, did I miss something during my TS3 break? It was my understanding that TS2 aging didn't discriminate between chosen and riff-raff, that all sims would not age unless actively played regardless of status.

EDIT: No, I know that's not so. If unchosen aged while chosen did not unless actively played, unchosen would end up aging X times as fast as chosen, where X is the number of households in rotation. TS2 aging is ideal if you have a small community in which you are playing all houses, or if you like the Jeffty is Five effect.
« Last Edit: 2010 March 10, 04:23:13 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Sablesasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: 2010 March 10, 22:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gives world a shake... peers around anyone awake? Are you all up yet?! hehe

I take it the time zone is the reason why my Awesomemod isn't working because I'm down here, *waves* from New Zealand and a day ahead.

I normally take note when I update Awesomemod when the next update is due and for some reason last time I didn't. Was the new update supposed to be on the 11 March?

Should I keep my fingers crossed or is my Awesomemod stuffed?
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: 2010 March 10, 23:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it the time zone is the reason why my Awesomemod isn't working because I'm down here, *waves* from New Zealand and a day ahead.

I normally take note when I update Awesomemod when the next update is due and for some reason last time I didn't. Was the new update supposed to be on the 11 March?

Uh, there was a new version two days ago.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Sablesasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: 2010 March 10, 23:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, there was a new version two days ago.

Oh how weird.

It's not showing up when I open the Awesomemod page.  I'll clear my history and try again.

Thank you
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2293 on: 2010 March 11, 00:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same issue.

The download page says it was last updated quite some time ago, and the newest post is from the 24th of february, so there's no indication that anything has changed.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: 2010 March 11, 00:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://beta.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/base/

March 8, 23:35:34. The intelligent people around here actually know that Pescado doesn't update the thread every time he updates the mod. Most just download a fresh copy before playing every day. This is a great practice when a new patch comes out. The rest of the time we watch that.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2295 on: 2010 March 11, 02:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That doesn't in any way change that the download thread gives zero indication that a new version has been uploaded.

A vast, vast majority of those who use awesomemod don't use the background hidden away download archives to download, and so a vast majority of those who get "Your awesomemod expired despite no new version being apparently uploaded" today will be confused. Grin
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: 2010 March 11, 02:56:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That doesn't in any way change that the download thread gives zero indication that a new version has been uploaded.

A vast, vast majority of those who use awesomemod don't use the background hidden away download archives to download, and so a vast majority of those who get "Your awesomemod expired despite no new version being apparently uploaded" today will be confused. Grin

It is a pity that the "vast majority" are idiot tards, then. It is stated all over the place that Pescado stealth updates.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: 2010 March 11, 05:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a pity that the "vast majority" are idiot tards, then. It is stated all over the place that Pescado stealth updates.

Unless the updates are major, in which case he updates the thread with details.  This is nothing new, and has been working this way since AM has been available.

I have lost count the number of times people have been told to download every day, or every week, or whatever, to make sure they have the latest, and not to wait for the thread to be updated.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: 2010 March 11, 09:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We used to have a town crier, but he died.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pureness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: 2010 March 12, 07:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hello,
I am new here (obviously) & English is not my first language so its kinda hard for me to follow up (although I had read half of this forum already)

I installed HELS on my original TS3 after I replaced my Mods & Downloads on my desktop, Then I installed WA.
Now, & from what I read over this forum, I should place my Mods  back to where it were & reinstall all the Downloads via Launcher. But that didn't work.
All the Mods I had can't be found in the game anymore.

Am I missing a step?
Please, I would really appreciate your help.

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: