More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:41:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1731643 times)
superherofae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1850 on: 2009 December 28, 12:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, sorry if this sounds really retarded, especially after the current exchange but I just cannot seem to get AM working and I have no idea why.

For reference, I don't have WA and my game is patched to the most recent version. I installed the framework through the installer on MTS and put AM (version 1.7.9) and its config file in Sims 3/Mods/Packages. My resource.cfg file looks like this;

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Packages/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

I can load the game up just fine (as long as the CD is in - I have the DVD version of the game if that matters at all) and the loading screen starts but when it finishes loading, it crashes straight away. Unfortunately it doesn't throw up any kind of error message so I have nothing to show you or tell you except that.

I'm probably retarded and missed something somewhere but I've been trying everything I can think of to make this work and nothing seems to be happening. I really would appreciate someone smarter than me telling me what the hell I did wrong =\
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: 2009 December 28, 13:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* witch installs lazors on her broomstick

Witch, I'm so worried in case you get nuked by the grammer police, it's lasers. Maybe you do need to go back to Hogwarts to learn how to spell.

superherofae, please don't put yourself down like that.  You are not retarded and you are not stupid, despite what anyone here may call you.  You are in a learning curve.  My only suggestion is that you install the framework manually and follow coconnor's tutorial thread to the letter.  My learning curve has not gone full circle yet.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: 2009 December 28, 13:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* witch installs lazors on her broomstick
Witch, I'm so worried in case you get nuked by the grammar police, it's lasers. Maybe you do need to go back to Hogwarts to learn how to spell.

Audrey, get with the program and learn the memes. If you don't know them then you really need to read more. Besides, the only thing cooler than lazors in a broom stick is lazors in bewbs.

Now, for my question. Is there a command in AM to reset borked genealogy? One of my Sims came back from vacation with his tree fubared. His spouse, kids, sister and parents all still show him on their trees, but I can't even open his at all. Help?
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: 2009 December 28, 14:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know I thought it looked wrong  Embarrassed. Thanks LVR.  Eww, lazors on bewbs, kinky. 
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: 2009 December 28, 14:33:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do my child Sim is forced to go home after 12am? I enabled the NoPsychicCurfewPolice configuration but my child Sim is still psychicly-controlled to go home and I can't even cancel that action.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: 2009 December 28, 14:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, for my question. Is there a command in AM to reset borked genealogy? One of my Sims came back from vacation with his tree fubared. His spouse, kids, sister and parents all still show him on their trees, but I can't even open his at all. Help?

I'd like to know this too. Traveling seems to b0rk relationships and family trees, sometimes I get them fixed with AM's genealogy tool. Sometimes I wish there would be a 'build a tree from scratch' option somewhere. My trees and relationships are broken to the extent that some sims have multiple girlfriends/boyfriends and a couple of husbands and wifes on top. And they seem to change every time they get back from vacations.

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: 2009 December 28, 15:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a heads up for anyone who had the same problem as I did which was disappearing traits.  The following package file tree-ag hiddentraits which you can get from MTS is not compatible with Pes' latest Awesomemod.  I do not have WA installed at the moment.

If anyone is having a problem with games crashing, or things not working in your game, there is a very high chance that it something is conflicting with AM.  It is probably not something like hair or makeup or clothes, but a core mod.  You need to:

1. Save the contents of your packages folder to a folder on your desktop.
2. If you have a launcher, disable any custom content by selecting installed content and then selecting the whole lot and ticking the run without custom content. DO NOT SAVE YOUR GAME WHEN IN THAT MODE
3 Load up your game.  It should be fine and playable. If not, there is a problem with custom content in the launcher and you will have to delete each one by one and load up your game again and again.
4. If everything is fine with your custom content, start putting back .package file stuff slowly -  I started with 1kb up to 10kb in size.
5. Load up your game.  If it's fine, then put the next lot 11kb to say 50kb
6. Keep doing that until you do hit a glitch and then you will be able to isolate the file that is the problem.

This is time-consuming but it is worth it in the end as your game will run fine.  Remember to take out the core mods first.  They are most likely to be the problem as they will conflict with AM which is a huge and absolutely essential, I think, core mod.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: 2009 December 28, 18:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dumbass, troubleshooting bugs with Sims games has always started with removing mods and testing to see which is the problem, then pursuing that problem with the mod creator. You apparently didn't do that, first, as you should. But no, you are smart, aren't you, with your itty 125 IQ?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: 2009 December 28, 18:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A little vitreolic Zazazu, aren't we?  Who stood on your corns?   

Another update.  WoohooOnly is another mod which was causing my sims not to interact with each other. 
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: 2009 December 28, 18:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A little vitreolic Zazazu, aren't we?

This word you use, she is not a word.
MattQuinn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: 2009 December 28, 19:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For reference, I don't have WA and my game is patched to the most recent version. I installed the framework through the installer on MTS and put AM (version 1.7.9) and its config file in Sims 3/Mods/Packages. My resource.cfg file looks like this;

I can load the game up just fine (as long as the CD is in - I have the DVD version of the game if that matters at all) and the loading screen starts but when it finishes loading, it crashes straight away. Unfortunately it doesn't throw up any kind of error message so I have nothing to show you or tell you except that.

I'm probably retarded and missed something somewhere but I've been trying everything I can think of to make this work and nothing seems to be happening. I really would appreciate someone smarter than me telling me what the hell I did wrong =\

Superherofae

You're using the wrong version of AM.  You need the test version(1.8.0).

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: 2009 December 28, 19:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another update.  WoohooOnly is another mod which was causing my sims not to interact with each other. 

You really need to learn how to spell.  Or perhaps limit yourself to three-letter words.  In fact, just type "duh" and you will have said everything you normally say without having to strain yourself with words such as "vitriolic".
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: 2009 December 28, 20:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a couple of points to note regarding Audrey's latest idiotic post.

1) ONE core mod only, ONE! How anyone could have missed that pertinent piece of information is completely beyond me. I couldn't believe it when I read:
Remember to take out the core mods first.  They are most likely to be the problem as they will conflict with AM which is a huge and absolutely essential, I think, core mod.
Crikey, a core mod concat creates constant correlation crises and crashes. Who would have thought?

2) Do not test your mods in the retarded way suggested by Audrey, see How to: conduct a binary search in the FAQ.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: 2009 December 28, 21:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Listen Audrey, seriously. Stop. Fucking. Posting. It's embarrassing.

Since you don't seem to understand English very deliciously: Hamba, man! Ons wil jou NIE hier hê NIE.

GTFO, and take your fail with you.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Anonym
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: 2009 December 28, 21:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The catch to making your own traits and moodlets is that, unless you already have your own mod that uses them, they will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

But...if I add a "Swallowed Pride" negative moodlet in the Buffs resource XML and fiddle with the socializing tuning XML to give that moodlet to someone when they apologize (as an example of something I might want to do) that would work if I used proper syntax?  The game would recognize the moodlet and everything?
fiberglassdolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: 2009 December 28, 22:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do my child Sim is forced to go home after 12am? I enabled the NoPsychicCurfewPolice configuration but my child Sim is still psychicly-controlled to go home and I can't even cancel that action.

The psychic police are only concerned with teenagers. If you're talking about children and their zombie-like trek home at exactly a certain time, you need to modify kChildStartCurfewHour and kChildEndCurfewHour in XML Sim_0xa29571c6f77aa18d. OR: use this attached tweak.

* nochildcurfew.package (42.11 KB - downloaded 237 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 December 28, 22:11:28 by fiberglassdolphin » Logged
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: 2009 December 28, 22:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to know this too. Traveling seems to b0rk relationships and family trees, sometimes I get them fixed with AM's genealogy tool. Sometimes I wish there would be a 'build a tree from scratch' option somewhere. My trees and relationships are broken to the extent that some sims have multiple girlfriends/boyfriends and a couple of husbands and wifes on top. And they seem to change every time they get back from vacations.

I do not have this issue at all. Are you using AwesomeStory, or Eaxis story?

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Koori
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: 2009 December 29, 01:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does Awesome have visitors?

Because I haven't seen a one yet not even for newly moved in sims
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: 2009 December 29, 01:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not have this issue at all. Are you using AwesomeStory, or Eaxis story?

AwesomeStory. The only other mod is Twallan's Super Computer (took that out, still had the issue). I'm trying a few things today to see if I can fix it and will post an update later.
Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: 2009 December 29, 02:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re-enable community lot swarming and see if you get visitors again. I just did with my AM config and I've got the welcome wagon back.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: 2009 December 29, 02:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does.

I've never seen the welcome wagon show up reliably even in the very beginning at the dark ages of unmodified games. The reason is because in TS3, the welcome wagon isn't just a bunch of guys conjured from off the side of the map to show up on demand: In TS3, everyone actually physically exists somewhere and may be doing something, and thus they cannot be counted on to arrive in a large group purely to pointlessly greet you on demand, they have to be free, available, and within range. This is readily apparent if you invite a bunch of sims for parties: Some of them simply never show up, because they wind up being dragged off for some other thing they have to do, like working, while the rest show up, if at all, haphazardly, often extremely late, unlike in TS2, where they would all arrive at once, on the dot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: 2009 December 29, 03:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may be able to repair his tree using Twallan's Supercomputer.  I have copied this bit from his post on the website he is hosted on (on the Supercomputer under Sim>Advanced):  

Family : Contains a sub menu allowing the user to change the genealogy of the active sim
            Add Child : Adds a new child to a sim
            Add Parent : Adds a new parent to a sim
            Add Sibling : Adds a new sibling to a sim
            Remove Child : Removes an existing child from a sim
            Remove Parent : Removes an existing parent from a sim
            Remove Sibling : Removes an existing sibling from a sim

This will also add collateral relationships, if applicable (such as grandparent, brother, sister, etc.)

Here's the link to his new home in case you want any other info:  http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=e4982f139af701ef96f059a8fbb25c08&topic=995.0,

« Last Edit: 2009 December 29, 03:55:01 by coconnor » Logged

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: 2009 December 29, 03:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, coconnor, I've tried that. Because the relationships still exist this doesn't work. In the relationship panel all of the members of the family show up, just the individual's genealogy doesn't work. I'm ignoring it for now to see if it fixes after another trip.
Baarogue
Asinine Airhead

has appeared!

View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: 2009 December 29, 04:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, coconnor, I've tried that. Because the relationships still exist this doesn't work. In the relationship panel all of the members of the family show up, just the individual's genealogy doesn't work. I'm ignoring it for now to see if it fixes after another trip.

If it doesn't automagically fix itself maybe try removing the relationships then re-adding them.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: 2009 December 29, 05:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, okay.  Thank you.  Still don't know what XML is  Smiley

Another question:  I have typed the exact wording from showconfig results into grey bar at top of game and put a space and then true or false depending on what I am trying to change and I get an error message that it doesn't recognise the wording.  Am I only able to change the settings from the internet link in AM thread?

edit:  I have only two things in my mods folder in sims3 base and that is the latest awesomemod and the config tool.  My config.sys has three lines of code as per the framework. Nothing in my downloads folder.  Still no traits.   Really pissed off because I took you at your word and have gotten rid of all my downloads.  Now what?

Re-edit.  Even took out Awesomemod - still no traits.  This is puzzling.  Just base game and WA up to 2.33 patch

Come on guys - help me here, please. 

Bold and underlined by me, to show why I wouldn't help. I knew this was not true, but you wrote it.  Your big discovery was posted here many times since the 1.6 update. Before learning how to understand the modding of your game, you should search more and read the results.  Lying here doesn't help.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: