More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:22:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1736598 times)
dedust
Asinine Airhead

LÖR LÖR

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1650 on: 2009 November 28, 17:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Assuming the fast spoilage in fridge has been discussed, and even if not, I'm hoping it'll get fixed someday. It is teh most annoying thing, evarrrr.

I noticed that while traveling, the other tourists are happy to eat your foods from the base camp fridge Sad. This is most likely meant to be this way, though there could be an option for other tourists to eat their own foods only. So far they haven't even cooked anything on their own, they just keep eating my cookings. So that when I cook a group meal, feed it to my sims and put the rest in the fridge, it gets eaten while I'm not looking.

Then there's the energy level gain from beds, I've been using various mods so that every bed would have about the same energy stats, but I'd rather use only AM. If this isn't an option yet, it should be Smiley

And as for my constant weeping for AM's genealogy options Roll Eyes, I'd like to be able to skip a generation (ie. assign grandparents etc) because the game killed off 2 of my favourite sims early in the game and gave me no tombstones Sad Their children and grandchildren live on, but I'd like to be able to give them great aunts and uncles, like I had in TS2. I didn't have the chance to create these in time, there was no AM back then, so now I'm missing a whole generation.

Aaaaand, if there would be even the slightest chance of resurrecting those sims the game killed off (those without their tombstones/urns), I would be happy to use it. They show up in family trees, so they HAVE to have some character files somewhere. This has not happened in ages, but there's still about 5 sims I'd like to get back, such as Mortimer Goth's parents. I tried creating them again, but couldn't assign them as parents as there was no way to remove relationships with dead relatives. (There seems to be an option now to remove ALL relationships which I assume to be those with their relatives, but that would mean extensive family tree rebuilding afterward.)

I get a pop up that says: "The setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. This update requires a different game region to be installed." Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Try googling the error message. It has been discussed and solved, and it has nothing to do with AM.

You will be baked, and then there will be cake.
Froggie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: 2009 November 28, 17:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hello and I want to begin with a HUGE thanx to Pescado for this mod..it truly is AWESOME!! ok, now for the dumb question...
I am trying to reconfigure the settings on the "More Stupid Than You" site, but I cant save it...I want to change a few things and went down the list, but when I get to the bottom I cant click on Generate..please help..and thanx!!

ummm..yea...so I dont know what to put here...
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: 2009 November 28, 17:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because you don't click on generate Smiley

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Froggie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: 2009 November 28, 18:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok..then how do I get it to save?..I dont want to have to change stuff everytime I restart my game. Undecided

Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: 2009 November 28, 18:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See that image next to the word generate?

Heh... yeah.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Froggie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: 2009 November 28, 18:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow..umm..yea..thanx!!! Roll Eyes

Minoue
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: 2009 November 28, 19:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you mildlydisguised, I guess I was unfamiliar with the functionality and set up of the awesomemod because I have never used it before until now, after downloading the configuration tool and doing my homework I am now using THE VERY AMAZING AND SUPREME AWESOMEMOD!!! I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!! It actually makes my game runs smoother. My question now is, is there anywhere in the mod, commands, Cheesy or are there any other mods compatible to help my sim gain skills faster?
mimmi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: 2009 November 28, 22:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most frustrating bug EA made is the one they did with the latest patch. Everytime you use the mirror or the drawers to change appearance or clothes the age are reseting to the beginning of that stage. Is there anything you can do aboute that JM?
Froggie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: 2009 November 28, 23:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

>:(new problem..I keep crashing Cry..I just put Awesome Mod in this afternoon..and I have been crashing ever since. I do NOT have WA..could that be the problem..or is it just because the newest update is still in testing? I have 1.7.9 any help will be MUCH appreciated!! Smiley

phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: 2009 November 29, 01:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most frustrating bug EA made is the one they did with the latest patch. Everytime you use the mirror or the drawers to change appearance or clothes the age are reseting to the beginning of that stage. Is there anything you can do aboute that JM?

THAT'S what was doing it??? Those asswipes. May I respectfully add my plea to this one to fix this bug.

Edit: Nevermind. El Presidente already took care of it. So I'll just say, Pescado, YOU are awesome. And EA is still populated by asswipes.

INTP.
Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: 2009 November 29, 03:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an odd problem occurring and haven't seen anyone else post about it yet. Just patched with 1.7 and do not have WA yet, also just installed most current build of AM and Config file. Also cleared all the 4 cache files. For some strange reason, my swimming pools are borked with the water being a dark blue and no longer transparent. I cannot place the pool ladders or the pool lights and it appears that the floor levels of the game are messed up. At the ground level when trying to place a pool ladder, it remains up in the air as if the game is keeping it on the next floor level. This has never happened with any of the patches or builds of AM and is quite perplexing.  

I have rebuilt several pools just to make sure that the game is seeing them as new builds with the newly patched game. Any ideas or suggestions would be very much appreciated at this point.

ETA: I also researched this situation on the Sims3 forums in the technical threads, and nobody has posted about it there. I read what the newest patch was supposed to correct, so really don't know what is up with my game. It is the same game I was playing before the 1.7 patch, and I have been using Awesome Story Mode since its debut.

Update: Just wanted to update this post as several simmers are having this same problem with their pools on the Sims3 site, so it's a known issue caused by the latest patch 1.7, and why am I not surprised?
« Last Edit: 2009 November 29, 08:17:32 by Aventurine » Logged

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: 2009 November 29, 04:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you mildlydisguised, I guess I was unfamiliar with the functionality and set up of the awesomemod because I have never used it before until now, after downloading the configuration tool and doing my homework I am now using THE VERY AMAZING AND SUPREME AWESOMEMOD!!! I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!! It actually makes my game runs smoother. My question now is, is there anywhere in the mod, commands, Cheesy or are there any other mods compatible to help my sim gain skills faster?
There is a cheat option for that in the Debug Interactions.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElsaVonNarbe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: 2009 November 29, 17:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi

I'm asking for help because i got a bug i never had before

I can play for a few minutes without any problems, then it comes

- the traits of the sims. You know they appear into the bar at the bottom of the screen, like on the picture i put below
Well, for all of my sims, this space is now empty, no traits listed!

- same thing, with their favorite color/music/food, nothing! (i mean for adult sims, i know this is normal for babies)

- same thing with the lifetime happiness rewards, in the case on the right of the bar when you click the lifetime points tab, EXCEPT for the new ones (ones you got in World Adventures). The basic ones i bought don't appear, though there's space left blank for them to be, but there's no little pic

- you know when you click on a sim thumbnail (pics on the left of the screen), it gets white, meaning you're now controlling this sim. Well when i click, it gets white, but then i click another one and it gets white too! and so on, with all the sims in the house, and on the bar, the stats of the first sim stays! and even the action in the top left corner!

This is it, i think it's all said but if i forgot something i'll post it

Thank you for reading, please tell me if you know about what's happening
ShiroInu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: 2009 November 29, 19:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same thing happening for a while . . . I just took out any mod that wasn't specifically updated for WA, and the problem went away. If it helps, the problem mods for me were the 'More Fun' mods, 'Less Ghosts 5', and faster skilling.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: 2009 November 29, 19:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- same thing, with their favorite color/music/food, nothing! (i mean for adult sims, i know this is normal for babies)

My babies always have favorites. I usually make a teddy bear with their favorite color.

- you know when you click on a sim thumbnail (pics on the left of the screen), it gets white, meaning you're now controlling this sim. Well when i click, it gets white, but then i click another one and it gets white too! and so on, with all the sims in the house, and on the bar, the stats of the first sim stays! and even the action in the top left corner!

I had this issue when the computer I was using was overheating. It was a mac laptop. I installed a fan controller that increased the fan to maximum, and it stopped happening.

INTP.
ElsaVonNarbe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: 2009 November 29, 19:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

really?

exactly the same? or wich ones did you have?

thank you i'm gonna try to remove mods
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: 2009 November 30, 01:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

really?

exactly the same? or wich ones did you have?

thank you i'm gonna try to remove mods

Try removing ALL mods except for AM and he config file and try it.  If the problem goes away, either add the mods back one by one until the problem reappears, or simply wait until they are all updated for WA.  Check MTS for info on when they are updated.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: 2009 November 30, 23:45:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question... CustomBooksXX is now supported by AM but I can't find CustomBooksXX? Can someone please shed some light on this...
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: 2009 December 01, 01:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check out MTS.  Someone there mad some custom books that let you skill all the way in one book.  That is, they combined the 3 EAxis skill books into one.  There were comments from Pes that he would set up AM to support those, but he wouldn't make them.  I guess with those books in your game, they probably show up in the library or whatever.  They aren't hard to find at MTS< so just check out what they have said about how they work.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: 2009 December 01, 01:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question... CustomBooksXX is now supported by AM but I can't find CustomBooksXX? Can someone please shed some light on this...
CustombooksXX is a file that can be included as a mod, containing new additional custom books, using only the header and excerpts added, so you don't have to override the original Books.xml. XX means there are up to 100 slots (00-99) available for such additions. However, such a thing must be added by third parties, this is merely a plugin functionality similar to the custom name lists.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: 2009 December 01, 11:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK thanks.
missreal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: 2009 December 02, 07:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just bought WA...
Not to be the idiot that asked the same question that has already been asked a million times already or anything like that but, from what I understood from the latest AM announcement, it is now compatible with WA, correct?

If not, ignore the following:
I downloaded the updated version of the mod from the mirror links and now my game is stuck at the start up loading screen and won't load.

Although I admit that playing the sims without AM is now a horrific experience... I suppose waiting until a compatible version is out can't be so bad... (okay... it's torture... I won't make it 30 mins without "maxmotives") or is it that there's something wrong with my computer?? Thanks
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: 2009 December 02, 07:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just bought WA...
Not to be the idiot that asked the same question that has already been asked a million times already or anything like that

Sorry, too late. Holy mother of fuck, can you not SEARCH? Can you not READ? Are you too retarded to even read this very thread you're posting in, the VERY POST you downloaded the newest version of AM from, or the rest of this sub-forum you're posting in, or even the rest of the fucking forum? This has been addressed AD NAUSEUM! FYCL!

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: 2009 December 02, 12:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy Fucking Catfish Batman, we have another fucking winner.

I just bought WA Not to be the idiot that asked the same question that has already been asked a million times already
That looks alot more like it fucking should.

Post after fucking post, in thread after fucking thread, and you're in here asking stoopid fucking bullshit like a lost little fucking puppy.

As mentioned before, try a fucking search, you know that little mysterious box to the upper left with those magical words "Search" next to it, it is truly fucking amazing what you can find.  Then try just a little bit of fucking reading, and you know what, your problem will mysteriously be solved for you, the solution and the answers you seek with appear, as if by magic, without the need to ask the same fucking shit again, that you seem to already know has been asked.

I suppose waiting until a compatible version is out can't be so bad... (okay... it's torture... I won't make it 30 mins without "maxmotives")
Which compatible version are you waiting for? there will no longer be a compatible version for 1.4.6 pre WA, and as great as Pescado is, I doubt even he has the ability to produce a compatible AM for the next patch, or EP before EAxis releases them.  So if the current downloaded AM isn't comaptible with 1.4.6, and isn't compatible with a non existent patch or EP, then which version of the game is left?  Use that fucking space between your ears for something useful, if that's possible.

or is it that there's something wrong with my computer?? Thanks
I doubt that there is anything wrong with the computer, more likely the person behind the keyboard.

missreal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: 2009 December 02, 14:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol... nothing like two jerks telling you about yourself to get you to learn how to do some proper research. Thank you... I will try both of your suggestions Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: