More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 11:56:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1736949 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #1625 on: 2009 November 21, 14:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not an absolute "can't", but I won't promise you that doing so is safe. Doing something like that amounts to "pray that it will work and hope it doesn't explode".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: 2009 November 21, 15:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the new update for Awesomod suppose to work with the new patch (1.7.9002001)?  I installed the patch last night and now it crashes before the menu comes up. I reinstalled the game. It worked fine before adding back Awesomod. I reinstall a fresh download of Awesomod, deleted the cache file and I restarted it from the TS3.exe like I am suppose rather than from the laucher. Crashed again. I took out awesomod and it works.

P.S. After taking out Awesomemod my old hood worked fine, didn't explode...Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 December 03, 22:34:21 by Sandman » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: 2009 November 21, 15:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is not a new version out yet. One has been compiled and it is currently in testing, but it still crashes at random at the moment, so naturally, it doesn't get released until I find out why.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sandman
Asinine Airhead

My Simself

View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: 2009 November 21, 16:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok...thanks. I will reinstall and then just update to the 1.4 patch until Awesomemod is ready for the 1.7 patch. Take your time I am not rushing you just wanted to know if I had done something to my game. I had download a program to check my registry and was a little worried about it messing it up.
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: 2009 November 22, 04:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I accidentally installed the new patch with AM already installed. I had to uninstall it to play, but as I'm playing I have no social interactions. When I click on a sim, I can only scare them. Is this a problem with the patch or is it because I downloaded the patch with AM installed? Because I've heard that you're supposed to delete all download files before updating or that can cause problems.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: 2009 November 22, 04:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try a new hood, sans mods. If the problem goes away, it was awesomemod. If the problem persists, it was the patch.

INFP or something
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: 2009 November 22, 04:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I accidentally installed the new patch with AM already installed. I had to uninstall it to play, but as I'm playing I have no social interactions. When I click on a sim, I can only scare them. Is this a problem with the patch or is it because I downloaded the patch with AM installed? Because I've heard that you're supposed to delete all download files before updating or that can cause problems.

There is a thread in The Horror section, that discuss what works and what don't. I think it's a social mod causing that problem and need updating.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: 2009 November 22, 04:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it was the patch because I uninstalled awesomemod. I'm uninstalling/reinstalling my game now  Sad
Where can I find patch 1.4?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: 2009 November 22, 05:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's a social mod causing that problem and need updating.

The "ask if single is friendly" mod did that for me.  Once it was removed problem went away.  But I had two mods which caused this problem, and I verified both independently of each other to ensure the results.

With the new range of social interactions being introduced, I believe most social interaction mods need to be updated.

The more fun mods also affected other situations.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 22, 06:14:13 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: 2009 November 22, 15:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I had the "ask if single" mod.

New problem:
I reinstalled my game last night, and I'm trying to update it to the 1.4.6 patch. Everytime I try to download it, from any website, it doesn't work.
I just tried downloading from
http://www.filefront.com/14219343/The-Sims-3-v.-1.4.6-Full-Patch/
and I get a pop up that says: "The setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. This update requires a different game region to be installed."
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
jtrazz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: 2009 November 22, 15:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fixed my problem! For anyone else who has the same problem, go here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=350186

I realized that I was downloading patch 1.4.6 without having dowloaded any of the other patches first. You have to go from 1.0 to 1.4.6.
sweetbajan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: 2009 November 26, 02:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey so I realize that the new update is 1.79, well mine is 1.7.11. I am running on a MAC and I am confused about which Awesome I should download. Clearly the one in the Updates sections says 1.4 and the one in the Beta Testing says 1.79. I tried installing the 1.79 and a box from Awesome came up saying that I am running a critical copy of Awesome (or something like that). Also when I use the configuration tool, I keep the "DisableCDCheck" enabled but it doesn't allow me to run the game without the disk Sad

Any help - also I do not have any other Mods and the files are placed in the right place, I know this because the Mod actually works when I run it with the disk but for some reason, the configuration tool isnt being read and also I believe I am running the wrong version of Awesome.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: 2009 November 26, 08:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I had the "ask if single" mod.

New problem:
I reinstalled my game last night, and I'm trying to update it to the 1.4.6 patch. Everytime I try to download it, from any website, it doesn't work.
I just tried downloading from
http://www.filefront.com/14219343/The-Sims-3-v.-1.4.6-Full-Patch/
and I get a pop up that says: "The setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect. This update requires a different game region to be installed."
Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Also try here http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/

Check the last numbers of the game installed, they will let you know which region patch you need.  If you have 1.3.24.00002 game then you need patch 1.4.6.002002, if you try patch with 1.4.6.002003 you will get a mismatched game region error.

Bring up the launcher, check the last digits for your game version, then download the relevant patches.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 26, 09:05:50 by wizard_merlin » Logged

phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: 2009 November 28, 03:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, sorry to be dense, but I am thoroughly confused. I can't figure out if I'm setting up AM right (in the right place). I just downloaded AM from the main thread. I've read through three other threads that address the issue of where to put it and it sounds like everyone has a difference answer. I also followed this link:

Re: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
« Reply #243 on: 2009 November 26, 20:16:55 »   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a good and short explanation of these things (where to put stuff after WA) here:
http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=3567

The writer instructs you to move your resource.cfg file from the TS3 folder into the WA folder, and the d3dx9_31.dll file into the WA Game\Bin. But I seem to already have the resource.cfg file in the stated location in my WA folder, as well as the d3dx9_31.dll file in the Bin. There's a difference of a day in terms of when the dll file was created, while the resource.cfg in my original TS3 folder seems to date back to June, versus the one I downloaded and extracted into WA, which is from like yesterday or something close to that. I deleted the resource file in my TS3 folder for fear of problems with having two; now, of course, I'm having second thoughts and fretting about doing that.

I don't want to start up the game until everything is where it should be. Help?

INTP.
Mehra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: 2009 November 28, 03:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, sorry to be dense, but I am thoroughly confused. I can't figure out if I'm setting up AM right (in the right place). I just downloaded AM from the main thread. I've read through three other threads that address the issue of where to put it and it sounds like everyone has a difference answer. I also followed this link:

Re: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
« Reply #243 on: 2009 November 26, 20:16:55 »  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a good and short explanation of these things (where to put stuff after WA) here:
http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?showtopic=3567

The writer instructs you to move your resource.cfg file from the TS3 folder into the WA folder, and the d3dx9_31.dll file into the WA Game\Bin. But I seem to already have the resource.cfg file in the stated location in my WA folder, as well as the d3dx9_31.dll file in the Bin. There's a difference of a day in terms of when the dll file was created, while the resource.cfg in my original TS3 folder seems to date back to June, versus the one I downloaded and extracted into WA, which is from like yesterday or something close to that. I deleted the resource file in my TS3 folder for fear of problems with having two; now, of course, I'm having second thoughts and fretting about doing that.

I don't want to start up the game until everything is where it should be. Help?

My guess is that the ones in the original TS3 folder are the older ones from when you played the game before installing the expansion.  The new ones are the ones you probably created with Delphy's Installer Monkey.  Now it's also possible that you didn't use Delphy's Installer Monkey and/or have a fresh install of the game.  If that's the case, I have no idea.  I could be wrong though; if I am, feel free to correct me and whack me with the newspaper.

Edit: I've heard that having your mods installed into the WA folder works, but have also heard the opposite.  I can't really give info on that, as I am confused myself.  I don't have WA yet, but I'll get it tomorrow!  I just lurk a lot. :3

The chairs, the tables, all confused
We hear the words and must speak them
We take them and arrange them
But still... they will not be quiet
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: 2009 November 28, 03:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The live AM for 1.7.9/ WA works fine with the 1.7.11 mac patch. Our number is just different because they had to tweak something to get it so we could download the damn thing. I was poking at the beta last night and the only problem I had was something that was fixed while I was sleeping.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: 2009 November 28, 03:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess is that the ones in the original TS3 folder are the older ones from when you played the game before installing the expansion.
That was my guess as well.

The new ones are the ones you probably created with Delphy's Installer Monkey.  Now it's also possible that you didn't use Delphy's Installer Monkey and/or have a fresh install of the game.
I didn't use the Monkey this time; I just extracted the files directly to c:\program files\electronic arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\mods\packages, except for the resource file, which is in c:\program files\electronic arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures based on what the guy at the linked site said to do.

If that's the case, I have no idea.  I could be wrong though; if I am, feel free to correct me and whack me with the newspaper.

No need for newspaper whacking... I'm sure a few people out there would like to whack me with a newspaper for being so neurotic about this. It's just that if I do it wrong and screw up my game, there's little chance I'll be able to fix it, so I'd rather get it right out of the gate.

Edit: I've heard that having your mods installed into the WA folder works, but have also heard the opposite.  I can't really give info on that, as I am confused myself.  I don't have WA yet, but I'll get it tomorrow!  I just lurk a lot. :3

My sense is that it works differently for different computers, which is stressful for those of us who try to learn what to do from others.

Edit: fixed typo

INTP.
Sparkles McGee
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: 2009 November 28, 04:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The live AM for 1.7.9/ WA works fine with the 1.7.11 mac patch. Our number is just different because they had to tweak something to get it so we could download the damn thing. I was poking at the beta last night and the only problem I had was something that was fixed while I was sleeping.

So I should just ignore this error message I get when I start up the sims with the new version of awesome mod? I have a mac too, it's warning me about incompatibility.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: 2009 November 28, 04:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here is what I've read regarding mod placement:

If you have a PC:
Everything gets transferred to the WA folder in Program Files (don't forget the framework file in the bin).

If you are on a Mac:
Everything stays where it is (the root folder) EXCEPT the framework file in the bin. I have a copy in both bins and it is working fine. So do that. Smiley

So I should just ignore this error message I get when I start up the sims with the new version of awesome mod? I have a mac too, it's warning me about incompatibility.

I did, yeah. It only came up once, too. So no worries. Smiley

Sparkles McGee
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: 2009 November 28, 04:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ Super, thanks.  Grin

EDIT: It also comes up every time I install a .sims3pack. If that's important at all.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 28, 04:51:36 by Sparkles McGee » Logged
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: 2009 November 28, 04:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I lied, the warning came up again. I wonder if the mac versions can be added to the version check or however you have it set up, Pescado? They're 1.7.11 and 2.2.9

^ Super, thanks.  Grin

EDIT: It also comes up every time I install a .sims3pack. If that's important at all.

I always completely remove my mods folder when I install sims3packs. I suggest you do the same Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 November 28, 04:59:16 by SilentDreamer » Logged

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: 2009 November 28, 05:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here is what I've read regarding mod placement:

If you have a PC:
Everything gets transferred to the WA folder in Program Files (don't forget the framework file in the bin).

That's what's causing alot of confusion.  Some places have said everything must go into the WA folders, while others have said they work fine in the base folders.

What Pescado has recommended from a early post on the subject, and seems to work well, is to put a copy of the .dll file into the WA folders as well as leaving it in the base folders, that way WA will accept the mods.

I placed a copy of the .dll and resource.cfg file into the corresponding folders in WA, that way both sets were identical, and the mods work fine from the base folders.  I used the theory that the resource.cfg would be needed so WA would know how deep the folder tree could go in the mods folder, and read everything. 

So far nothing has crashed or caused any problems.

It does appear not to really matter, you just need the relevant .dll and resource.cfg files in the right places.

Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: 2009 November 28, 05:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, considering that's how it is working on the mac side, I wouldn't be surprised.

Since I can't test it myself (well, I can, but I choose not to go through the hassle of getting my WA dmg over to the other partition just to install it there) I would say it is reasonable to assume it works across the board to do it that way. Have framework files everywhere, mod files in the base folder.

Minoue
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: 2009 November 28, 07:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, for some reason my awesomd does not work at all I have followed the instructions given, when I am in the cast screen I do not notice a difference in the sliders or anything. Can so one please post a consise step by step for how to fully install awesome mod, pretty please.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: 2009 November 28, 17:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, for some reason my awesomd does not work at all I have followed the instructions given, when I am in the cast screen I do not notice a difference in the sliders or anything. Can so one please post a consise step by step for how to fully install awesome mod, pretty please.

Have you configured it?
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: