More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:55:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Who is this Fugly Pudding, and why is he in my portrait?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Who is this Fugly Pudding, and why is he in my portrait?  (Read 30576 times)
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
Re: Who is this Fugly Pudding, and why is he in my portrait?
« Reply #25 on: 2009 June 20, 22:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem also. A placeholder image is all well and good, it's not the first game I've played where that happened, but it really bugs me when this guy shows up for my FEMALE sims. Holding an autograph session with my sexy (a.k.a. slutty and wearing skimpy outfits) female sim and having everyone think of her as Mr Pasty Moustache Guy is... wrong. -_-

Regenerating the thumbnail does seem to work, though, so... *shrug*

That's the same dude who replaces my female sim's portrait, too. He happens to be my sim's new boss in the medical career in Riverview. The old boss died, my sim received a promotion, and presto—one fugly-looking new thumbnail… After a few more promotions, though, my game corrected it. Very funky.
Of course, he's still her boss, which is saddening.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 June 21, 01:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use AwesomeMod or another mod to enable debug commands and refresh the thumbnails (refreshsimthumbnails, refreshhouseholdthumbnails, refreshlotthumbnails).  That should fix the issue.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 June 21, 11:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA obviously should've made a better default thumbnail than that to avoid confusion.

That reminds me of something, but I'm not sure what.

That was my thought when I first saw this thread.  (Long way for saying "This."  Cheesy  )

I was hit by fugly moustache guy last night. I'm glad I'd seen this thread earlier.  I noticed that it was after I've been playing a lot of hours, likely without a recent save.  It occurred to me that might have something to do with it.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 June 21, 14:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA obviously should've made a better default thumbnail than that to avoid confusion.

That reminds me of something, but I'm not sure what.

That was my thought when I first saw this thread.  (Long way for saying "This."  Cheesy  )

I was hit by fugly moustache guy last night. I'm glad I'd seen this thread earlier.  I noticed that it was after I've been playing a lot of hours, likely without a recent save.  It occurred to me that might have something to do with it.
Weird I thought that as well.

I have yet to see Mr. Moustache; the portrait just doesn't appear for me until the game gets around to generating one. You would have thought they'd use a silhouette or something less confusing though...
LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
Heather something had a sex change
« Reply #29 on: 2009 June 22, 21:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has got to be the funniest story mode bug i have ever seen. It was hilarious. Usually sims get married, obese or just grow old but this was really funny. My sim's coworker Heather something in the politics career was a normal adult female one day and the next thing you know, i was checking out my sim's relationship panel and she's become an adult male with a freaky orange mustache and she still had the same name so it's definitely a bug Tongue Still is hilarious though.

EDIT: Apparently Mr.Mustache has been stealing other townie portraits as well : http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15471.0.html
« Last Edit: 2009 June 22, 21:59:26 by LOolyharb » Logged
LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 June 22, 22:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if freezing is the alternative, I guess I prefer Mr. Pasty Moustache Guy.

So he's some sort of superhero, then?
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Heather something had a sex change
« Reply #31 on: 2009 June 22, 22:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

She is obviously a spy trying to infiltrate the government.  Tongue
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 June 24, 19:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to create a new thread, but this seems related.  I created a new, empty hood with the Pleasantville sims form TS2, and Mortimer Goth's portrait keeps defaulting to his TS3 child portrait.  It's creepy as all hell.  Is this the same issue?
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 June 24, 20:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to create a new thread, but this seems related.  I created a new, empty hood with the Pleasantville sims form TS2, and Mortimer Goth's portrait keeps defaulting to his TS3 child portrait.  It's creepy as all hell.  Is this the same issue?

I don't know whether it's the same issue or not.  However, I played Mortimer from childhood through death, and his portrait did that constantly.  This hasn't happened to any of the other couple of dozen Sims I've played.  When I got Fugly Moustache Guy, it only happened over one playing session with one Sim, and has not happened again.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Toasty
Asinine Airhead

Heinous Batterwitch

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 June 27, 02:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Mortimer Goth's portrait keeps defaulting to his TS3 child portrait.  It's creepy as all hell.  Is this the same issue?

I had that problem too, but it eventually just...stopped. I really don't know why. I have yet to see Fugly Moustache Guy, but I'm kind of looking forward to it.
Nin_the_Destroyer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 June 27, 17:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Mortimer Goth's portrait keeps defaulting to his TS3 child portrait.  It's creepy as all hell.  Is this the same issue?

My Sim is in the Medical Career and her portrait turns into that "Fugly Pudding Faced Man" as well every once in a while.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 June 28, 03:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just used awesomemod to make Bella move in to the active family, her portrait reverted to that of a child's.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
SpaceDoll
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 June 28, 03:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I got that guy for my paper delivery kid, I thought "Game Over".  Glad to know it's not the first symptom of a BFBVFS.
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2009 June 28, 17:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the same problem happen. Anytime my Sim goes off the lot to work or the gym and etc his portrait changes to that ugly mustache guy. It's very disturbing. After he comes back home it will eventually correct itself, but it doesn't do so right away. I've tried changing his clothes and appearance, but it just keeps happening anytime he leaves the lot.

Check out my Sims 3 Legacy Challenge Story --> http://damselschamber.blogspot.com/
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 June 28, 21:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm telling you, he's a spy. Kill him.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2009 June 28, 21:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I considered killing him, but he's my legacy heir's spouse. Hopefully his spawn won't inherit his portrait...lol..or worse yet... hopefully they won't have the genetics of his false identity.

Check out my Sims 3 Legacy Challenge Story --> http://damselschamber.blogspot.com/
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 June 28, 22:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know whether it's the same issue or not.  However, I played Mortimer from childhood through death, and his portrait did that constantly.  This hasn't happened to any of the other couple of dozen Sims I've played.  When I got Fugly Moustache Guy, it only happened over one playing session with one Sim, and has not happened again.

I have yet to see FMG.  The creepiest thing is that my Mortimer is a new sim created as an adult in CAS in an empty neighborhood.  He never even was the child that appears in his portrait, nor does that sim live anywhere in the neighborhood.  I don't know where it's coming from.
Toasty
Asinine Airhead

Heinous Batterwitch

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 June 29, 00:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm telling you, he's a spy. Kill him.

But I love him.
bartleby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 June 29, 11:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is Jared Marley.

This is not Jared Marley.

Anyone else seen something like this, or know how to fix it? Every sim who knows Jared has him show up like this in their panel or when they have a thought bubble about him. As far as I know, this fake Jared does not even exist, or I've never seen him at least.

I had this guy showing up in my game too. Not all the time, only when my sim - a woman - was working at the hospital and only after she made it to world renowned surgeon.
M. Ciaster
Asinine Airhead

I'm ISTP. Yay!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 June 30, 07:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this guy showing up in my game too. Not all the time, only when my sim - a woman - was working at the hospital and only after she made it to world renowned surgeon.
I think it could be the cause of some work outfits - see, your female sim had this in the same point of her career that smellyarmando's sim. Gotta check it in my game.

It's not a bug - it's a feature!
bartleby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 June 30, 10:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I believe it is/was related to the medical career.

At first my biggest concern was "Will this guy appear forever in my sim's genealogical tree?"
When I figured out he only appeared when my sim was working I thought I would make her quit her job a few days before she die (so he wouldn't be in her tree).
But then she became an elder and the guy vanished… and she's still a world renowned surgeon. But he's no longer there when she goes to work.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 June 30, 16:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Mine was a rock star.
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2009 June 30, 16:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I loaded the game up again my sims portrait was fine anytime he went to work. He was in the Science career track (until he retired recently).

bartleby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 June 30, 16:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Mine was a rock star.

That's a last level too.
Sorry I can't help... but I'm glad it's related to their careers and won't mess up the family trees.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 June 30, 17:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a last level too.
Sorry I can't help... but I'm glad it's related to their careers and won't mess up the family trees.

Why make it so complicated? It likely just is a placeholder thumbnail for when the game is lazy, and it always sorts itself out eventually. I really don't think there's any reason to think it's a BFBVFS, it's just an annoyance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: