More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:54:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Facts & Strategery
| | |-+  Making Playable Ghosts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Making Playable Ghosts  (Read 53895 times)
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
Re: Making Playable Ghosts
« Reply #25 on: 2009 June 26, 20:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except they (apparently) can't die. It'd be nice if they stayed at the age they died at, but they age. If you bring back too many (and don't feed them ambrosia) you'd wind up with a hood full of undying see-through elders before too long.

Immortality through death.

moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 June 30, 18:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is it that makes the playable ghosts especially boring? Can't they do the same things as every other sim?

That's what makes them boring.  They're pretty much just see-through Sims, with no neat, ghostly quirks.  Fine as Sims, boring as ghosts.

Nah, they have the autonomous Scare action. I brought one back and he keeps scaring his daughter. Also his son-in-law keeps getting the want to see his ghost so free points. Not really that cool but it is something.

For some reason, instead of being married to his deceased wife they show up as engaged and there is no option to marry. I'm sad to hear that they don't die. They don't come back at the age they die they come back at the start of the age span. So my sim died at age 92 or what ever and came back at 70ish.

Or I could be totally wrong...
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 June 30, 18:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, they have the autonomous Scare action. I brought one back and he keeps scaring his daughter.

Yes, but that's autonomous.  When actually playing them, they have the same options as fleshbound Sims.  From a gameplay point of view, they're no different.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Nivaya
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 July 01, 15:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also they go 'woooo' all the time instead of talking. It gets old.

Like a balloon..and....something bad happens!!!
AirBoeing
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 July 01, 18:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is that I can't marry them OR get them to add to active family Sad
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 July 01, 19:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh.  In my game, I had a sim befriend a child ghost, move her onto the lot, bring her back as a playable, and then marry her off to his son.  They now have a ghost baby.

I'd ask how you're not able to do this stuff, but if you knew that, the question might be unnecessary.
AirBoeing
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 July 01, 20:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh.  In my game, I had a sim befriend a child ghost, move her onto the lot, bring her back as a playable, and then marry her off to his son.  They now have a ghost baby.

I'd ask how you're not able to do this stuff, but if you knew that, the question might be unnecessary.

1) Went to graveyard
2) befriend a ghost
3) invite him / her to my home
4) Gave him / her ambrosia
5) Became human again
6) invited the same person back to my home
7) Tried to "add to active family" = nothing
Cool person became my bf/gf = but add to active family doesn't work...
AirBoeing
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 July 02, 02:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

any suggestions how to do that? Thank you
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 July 02, 06:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ask to move in doesn't work?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 July 04, 14:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim was at a restaurant and had befriended an elder there Nancy Landgraab and while they were talking the Grim Reaper came and she died.  He was mourning so I took him to the graveyard and chose Manage the Dead, and in there was her tombstone, so I took it out and put it in his inventory.  He already had the opportunity from the Science Lab.

So I took him to the Science Lab and had her brought back and she returned as a ghost and she was walking around at the Science lab.  I thought she was going to be human again.  So I left her there and returned home and thats when I noticed it had added her as a family member.  Ugh!  So then she started hanging at my house and causing problems.  So finally I found she had her own tombstone in her inventory so I clicked on it and it had the option to return to the Netherworld.  So I chose that and she vanished from my family list and I thought I was done with her.

Now she appears everynight haunting the house!  How do I get rid of her?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 04, 15:51:55 by imyourboy » Logged
Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 July 05, 05:13:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

any suggestions how to do that? Thank you
Double posting.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 05, 06:22:58 by Caraleede » Logged
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 July 05, 06:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim was at a restaurant and had befriended an elder there Nancy Landgraab and while they were talking the Grim Reaper came and she died.  He was mourning so I took him to the graveyard and chose Manage the Dead, and in there was her tombstone, so I took it out and put it in his inventory.  He already had the opportunity from the Science Lab.

This is interesting. What is this "Manage the Dead"? I saw many Sims dieing from old age and actually I get a message that someone is going to die of old age, so that Sims can visit them before they die. But I never saw their tombstones anywhere in the graveyard. It seemed that they just vanished as soon as the grim left. Are they saved somewhere? Are they retrievable? I emptied out the Pleasant graveyeard when I rebuilt my empty hood and would like to fill it up with Sims that really dies in my new hood.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 July 05, 12:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is interesting. What is this "Manage the Dead"? I saw many Sims dieing from old age and actually I get a message that someone is going to die of old age, so that Sims can visit them before they die. But I never saw their tombstones anywhere in the graveyard. It seemed that they just vanished as soon as the grim left. Are they saved somewhere? Are they retrievable? I emptied out the Pleasant graveyeard when I rebuilt my empty hood and would like to fill it up with Sims that really dies in my new hood.

Visit the graveyard, click on the mausoleum and you'll have an option to manage the dead. It pops up like an inventory button, you can hover over the tombstones (game calls them urns) and see who it is. Just place in your sim's inventory like any other object.
Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

In Soviet Russia, cupcake laughs at YOU!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2009 July 08, 11:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do teens show up? Coz that would explain a lot.
hollysims
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 July 08, 21:03:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So there I was playing the Goth family, Bella made ambrosia...as a experiment I was trying to make a townie younger.  this was during the haunting hours and as i was trying to get the guest to come and eat the ambrosia...Victor Goth chows down on it becomes alive again, and say gotta go, bye!  Since then he has moved into the neighborhood and spawed a baby...family tree picture has an extra branch now.
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 July 26, 03:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Manage the dead" would do for any sim? I second Euphemism's question and ask a nwe one: what about children?

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 July 28, 10:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played around quite a while now and I never saw the option "Manage the dead" from the mausoleum. I installed a mod called "visit the mausoleum at any time", can it interfere?
Another problem is that all of my ghosts seems to be sleepy as soon as they leave the tombs. I have played the Goth for some days and I get all the ghosts to go out by night but all they do is to look for a bed and nap. Sleep whole day and nights too? It is not enough that the game is soooo slow that it takes 1 Sim hour for only one interaction between Sims - you command "Friendly Introduction" and they take 1 Sim Hour to react to the command. To have them to talk to each other can take 5 Sim hours and so the ghosts time is already gone and they vanish back to their tombs. This is making the game unbearable. I've been playing more TS2 than TS3.
Maybe I should make the ghosts visiting during the day. It seems that they are affected by the same sleep pill that my visitors get. Something to do with too late to be awaken. Huh! why then on the hell EA's ghosts have to visit only late in the night? Can they visit like other normal sims?
Is anyone else having those gawning mouths Sims all the time? I have very few xml mods installed (23 I think) and using Indie/Awesome, but I think this had happened since day one (no mods).
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 July 29, 19:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except they (apparently) can't die. It'd be nice if they stayed at the age they died at, but they age. If you bring back too many (and don't feed them ambrosia) you'd wind up with a hood full of undying see-through elders before too long.

Immortality through death.

They can indeed die, so to speak.  Eventually, you'll get a message saying that their hold on the living world has dissolved and they cannot be restored again.  I tried to keep my legacy founder around through all 10 generations and got this message around generation 3 I believe.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2009 July 29, 20:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only know through what I've heard, and what I heard was that the 'So-and-so is about to die soon' message kept popping up for a playable ghost in another household.

Also, I ran a brief test myself before my earlier post, with the lifespan set extremely short. I saved with a ghost, and then fed the ghost ambrosia, and was able to get an old age death. I then reloaded, ran through again, but without the ambrosia, and this time the ghost didn't die. Admittedly I didn't think to check if the ghost would die at a later time, but it definitely didn't die when it should have. I do plan to redo the test -- for several reasons -- as soon as I have another playable ghost, though that may be a while.

BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 July 29, 21:40:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it came as a surprise to me.  I just checked the last save that I have before she ghost-perma-died, and it said she was 1114 days old.  Hmm...that number actually seems high, but that's what the Simology panel says.  She was helping raise her great-grandkids at the time.  And, the message I got specifically said that she could not be restored again.
BobDob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 July 29, 21:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, one other thing...I was playing at the normal 90-day life span when the ghost died at that age.
Uleria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 August 02, 05:14:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love messing around with ghosts. I love watching them around the neighborhood. I have Elvis strolling around the local trailer park, dead golden-age Hollywood stars haunting Agnes Crumplebottom's house (funny how the Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire ghosts love to autonomously dance!), an old Indian burial mound near SimHenge, homeless hungry ghosts in the park, etc...and this Chaos Mod Painting object mod from MTS is great. It mimics the old TS2 Voodoo Bottle object mod. Forgive me if you already know about it, but I didn't see it mentioned in this thread. And for some reason, it's really buried on the MTS site--IMHO, it should be a Featured DL.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=356513

With it, you can instantly kill any (or all) sims on the lot by any method desired. You can also make a playable ghost corporeal again, make any haunting NP ghost on the lot playable, etc. You can make them take on any of the colors. I like this feature because sometimes I like to see plain old white ghosts walking around, but I don't necessarily want them to be elders (i.e., Elvis-Sim).

This has been a real timesaver for me, because after you've tried to get someone electrocuted for the gazillionth time, it's head- (or computer-) mashing time. And burning your sims to death once is enough. Ditto drowning. Also, for machinima purposes, I don't have to do any staging with "moveobjects on" and other kludges.

It also calls any of the facial or body animations you want, again for machinima purposes. A very useful little gizmod.

The poster claims that it will conflict with no tuning or core mod, as it is a "an object with a custom Sims 3 Signed Assembly within it. It does not override any of the signed assemblies already in the game, but instead references it through its OBJK internal file." I, being a modding noob, have no idea at all what this means.

Still, the one possible issue I can see in using it with AM and/or ISM is that you can also set aging on or off on an individual sim basis, rather than household or neighborhood. I don't know yet if this conflicts with the ISM household settings or AM's Sacred setting as I have not tried it.

Of course, you can also accomplish all this by using the Sims 3 Neighborhood Workshop program in between play sessions, but I like something I can use in-game. Once I've 3booted that sucker on, I like to keep it up for as long as I'm playing that day rather than go through all that again. JM's 3booter app, btw, is the only way I can get 1.3 to start without CTDs with Awesomemod installed.
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 August 04, 23:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is so great!!! Thanks for the link! The mod I have in game doesn't give me the option "drown"

Luisa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 August 18, 06:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wanting to make a TS3 equivalent of a vampire for a while... I want it to look Ghostified, but have the normal sim voice, like it does if you use AwesomeMod's Ghostify option, but I am holding out to see if Pescado adds the suggestion I made to have a submenu on Ghostify that lets you choose the death-style graphics (like sparks for electrocution etc) in case one of these looks better on my vampire. Thought about using the chaos mod painting but the coder says he's suprised he managed to get it to work given that he hasn't done stuff like this in ages... so I was a bit wary of trusting my game to it... wouldn't want to get 10 days in and find there was an bug and have to lose valuable playing hours. But thanks for all the ideas anyway, I'll keep an eye on this thread. Smiley

Any typographical errors in the above post are likely caused by excess alcohol consumption.
bettybrant
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 August 30, 14:09:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My apologies in advance for resurrecting this topic if it's the wrong thing to do, but I've hunted around and it seemed the best place to post a question on ghosts.  I'm looking for some gameplay help with resurrecting some particular ghosts and making them playable.  I've been trying for ages to resurrect the children of the Remington family of Riverview, but nothing works;  I never seem to get the "Oh my Ghost" opportunity at all.   In the first saved game in which I tried this, it took so long that eventually the ghosts stopped coming to the house completely, although other ghosts (Destry Dixon and the graveyard ghosts) seemed to work just fine in that game.

So, after doing some internet research on ghosts and their properties, I started a new game and tried again.  Currently I have  both members of the Jones couple (who are the ones trying to perform the resurrection), with maxed relationships with all four of the ghosts.  Aiden has also reached level 10 of the Science career, has very high logic and has maxed out a few other skills as well, like cooking, gardening, handiness and fishing;  the ingredients for Ambrosia are sitting in his inventory.  He's even made friends with a few random graveyard ghosts in an attempt to trigger the opportunity.  He's played Chess with Jasper Remington, watched TV with the other ghosts, and otherwise hung out with and chatted with them (as did his wife) for days and days of Sim Time, and still nothing happens.  Does anyone have any ideas what I can do (outside of that Chaos Painting on MTS3, which potentially conflicts with Awesomeware) to trigger this opportunity, and can anyone tell me why is it so hard to achieve?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: