More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 13:13:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims not getting a promotion
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims not getting a promotion  (Read 3429 times)
shelbypark
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sims not getting a promotion
« on: 2009 June 12, 11:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A couple of my sims just don't get promoted, even though they have the required skills and are in platinum mood.  They get to level 7-9 (it varies) then don't get promoted any further.  It appears to be only when the career is linked to the lifetime want.  Has anyone else experienced this?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Sims not getting a promotion
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 12, 12:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians? Some higher-level career options are singular, for obvious logical reasons: You cannot have two mayors! To resolve this, retire the previous officeholder.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
shelbypark
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 12, 12:33:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah... the problems I've had thus far have been for Mayor or Education minister.  Cheesy
Plu
Asinine Airhead

Have you seen tea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 12, 13:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your Sim is better qualified for the job than the current Sim who has it, they should be demoted or something and your Sim get the job. Make it so, Pescado!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 13, 05:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah... the problems I've had thus far have been for Mayor or Education minister.  Cheesy
Well, you can't have two mayors or two education ministers, genius!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 21, 10:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why I don't have the harder jobs hack in my game.  To get your sim promoted, you'd have to abandon the family you are playing and spend ages locating the one where someone became mayor/education minister or whatever months ago and play them long enough to have the sim quit the job in question.  Once you did that you probably wouldn't want to have them quit their job either.  I pretend they're boss of a neighbouring town or a suburb or something.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: