More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:42:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Hidden Items
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hidden Items  (Read 37601 times)
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
Re: Hidden Items
« Reply #50 on: 2009 June 22, 13:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Children (regardless of traits) and older sims with the insane or childish traits can fish in the pool, and they do actually catch fish. I think they might need a level of fishing skill before they catch anything, but they can gain skill without catching anything.

ForcedDj
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 June 23, 03:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone who apparently figured that I need help in playing pixelized people, just because i had one little argument with my computer screen, bough me the Sims 3 Prima Guide.  If anyone ever needs book-solve-able related answers, feel free to PM me.

According to the books, the rewards for each career are as followed:

Culinary - Lvl 6, you get a faster food processor, and at lvl 10, you get the Master Chef fridge, which gives you a positive moodlet and better food quality.

Military - When you become an top Gun, you get the Show Jet interaction.  *snicker*  No, really.  Supposedly, you can sneak them on base to show them the jet you fly.  If you succeed, huge romantic booster, and if you fail, you lose work performance.  At lvl 10, this interaction becomes Show Spaceship.

Music, Symphonic - The 85g Audio Explosion stereo boosts the fun and athleticism of sims using it beyond the limits of the normal stereos.

Politics - The Aura of Leadership, where other sims stop and wave at you wherever you go.

Science - You receive occasional rare gems and seeds from work, and at lvl 10, you can Do Science To It! to any seat, bed, electronic, or appliance.  If it works, it can boost the environmental plus, play music, earn a random handiness upgrade, or broadcast random positive moodlets.  If it fails, the object can catch fire, electrocute sims who try to later use it, disappear completely, break, or broadcast random negative moodlets.

Hmm, is the reward item from Symphonic good, and golden? I never seen anyone wave at someone when he was the President(leader of free world). Oh, and when I got the Master Chef Fridge, I tried experimenting with it, and it fucking disappeared. For Military, I am going to try that, it might be funny.

Technically, you don't have to actually DIE, just remove yourself from the gene pool. Blowing your own nuts off works pretty well for that

That would hurt like fucking hell, and earn a Darwin award.
McCrea
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 June 23, 05:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone ... bough me the Sims 3 Prima Guide.  If anyone ever needs book-solve-able related answers, feel free to PM me.

Nice summary.  Maty has a link to it tho.
Kerryee
Blathering Buffoon

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 June 26, 01:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I know that now, and in fact taunted my sister for buying me a book I didn't need, and could have gotten for free if I did.  But at the time of posting, I wasn't aware of it, and was trying to help.

The only career reward I can confirm so far is the Law Enforcement ones.  I haven't played any other Sim long enough to max out their careers.
Miao
Asinine Airhead

ISTP/INTP

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 June 26, 02:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My self-Sim's in the Law Enforcement career, and did receive a cop car upon reaching a certain level, but once she switched to the Forensics track, it seems to have disappeared. She still carpools to work in a cop car, though, if I remember correctly.

Traits: Unflirty, Loner, Frugal, Neurotic, No Sense of Humor, Good, Perfectionist.
Loves: spaghetti, indie, and lilac.
Snooty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2009 June 26, 08:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use the testingcheatsenabled true cheat and shift-click the mailbox, you can change your career and any joblevel. You can get all the special items this way.
GeorgiaPeanuts
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 June 30, 23:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seen somewhere that if your sim marry a firefighter npc that you should get some sort of a fire axe sculpture.
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 July 01, 06:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I received the expensive stereo when my sim go to the top of the Music career, Symphony track.

I had my sim get to the top of the symphonic career track, but my stereo never arrived.  Does it come through the mail, or do I need to wait for an opportunity to pop up?

Also, the "reward" for the rock career path is seriously messed up(hence why I switched to the symphony).  I only made about $750 each for my concerts that I played, with guitar maxed.  I could almost make more cash busking in the park, with less skill drain.
Someone has got to mod in the ability to decline promotions.  Between the rock career and the military career, I'm beginning to fear the level 10 promotion.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 July 01, 09:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you make the same mistake I did and not look into the household inventory?

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Snooty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2009 July 01, 15:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my sim get to the top of the symphonic career track, but my stereo never arrived.
Yeah it seems some top level perks just don't work. For example the "show your date the spaceship" is not there when I became an astronaut.
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 July 01, 16:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you make the same mistake I did and not look into the household inventory?

Is that where it gets put?  That's not very intuitive, especially since you don't get a notification that you've received the item in the first place.
I'll check for it there the next time I fire up my game.  Thanks.

EDIT: I checked when I played just now, and the item is not in my family inventory.  They're a legacy-style family, so I haven't done any moving in/out oddness.  Perhaps the fact that he previously went to the top of the rock track, quit his job, then did the symphony track is bugging it somehow.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 01, 20:30:39 by alaira » Logged
fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 July 02, 02:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not very intuitive, especially since you don't get a notification that you've received the item in the first place.

I've gotten a notice for every career reward my sim received.
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 July 02, 02:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It must just have bugged and never was sent to me.  I'll have to raise another sim through the career and see if I can get it that way.
Irritating.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: