More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:02:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Hidden Items
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hidden Items  (Read 37267 times)
EdenNintyNine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Hidden Items
« on: 2009 June 12, 02:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am curious to know just how many hidden items, décor or functional, exist in the game; achieved either through skills, career advancement, or dumb luck. Excluding the ones we know of, space rocks, gems, metals, Mr. Mystery Gnome and the achievement wall-hangings for mastering a skill, what all is out there?

The one which sparked my interested was a small golden fox carrying a satchel which is acquired from reaching Master Thief- the tenth rank for the thief path in the criminal career. 

I would love to have a list compiled of the hidden items, and where to get them, so please do not hesitate to make additions. Screenshots of the items would be darling, but I understand it is not always possible.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Hidden Items
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 12, 07:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a fancy-pants fridge that comes from reaching the top of the culinary career.  It gives a boost in room decor for as long as you have it there.
schaschlik
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 12, 16:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a fancy-pants fridge that comes from reaching the top of the culinary career.  It gives a boost in room decor for as long as you have it there.

Strangely enough, even infants and toddlers get the "nice stuff" moodlet from the reward fridge.
In addition to that, it seems to hold an endless amount of food forever, i. e. without getting spoilt, so if you chain a retired celebrity chef to the cooker for the end of her/his life, you can provide high-quality meals for at least the two next generations.
There's a smaller reward - a food processor - for the culinary career as well, but it might just be the one from the buy menu.

AFAIK, the top of the medical career brings you tons of money but no reward item.

*edited due to stupidity
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 12, 16:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, the top of the medical career brings you tons of money but no reward item.

Once reached the top of medical career, the sim can also choose "play golf" when at work, with no penalty.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 12, 17:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you reach Pop Star level (9) in the Rock Musician job track, EA forces your Sims to be the kind of douchebags who wear sunglasses at all times. Women get dark round frames, men get silver aviators. Not a great perk, really.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 12, 17:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Journalism uses the fastest car for as carpool at lv 10.

-edit-

I made a error
« Last Edit: 2009 June 14, 05:35:22 by Drakron » Logged
ZeKat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 13, 09:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a smaller reward - a food processor - for the culinary career as well, but it might just be the one from the buy menu.

No, it looks almost the same, but it has a different version number in its name. So I assume it's a better version.
jedifarfy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 13, 17:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I received the expensive stereo when my sim go to the top of the Music career, Symphony track. I'm still hunting for the electric guitar a coworker saw in ads for the game. I suspect that it's in the Rock track of the Music career, but still working on that.

JF
Hanlon Razor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 13, 18:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The stereo reward is identical to the one you can buy, only difference is the custom gold skin that can not be copied or saved in CASt since it shows the default colors when you try to edit it. There is no reward for the Rock branch, except they take your hours away and you can't get raises any more. :[

The food processor is just like the stereo, gold plated, but default in CASt. Identical model as the one you can buy.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 14, 02:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At some point in the law enforcement career (mid-level?) you get given a police car, as a regular owned car. My ex-law enforcement sim went on to a life of crime, it was amusing seeing him come home from work in his police car. Heh.

Later on you also get a free laptop, but that seems to be identical to any other laptop.

hidethe_cutlery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 14, 02:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There appears to be no benefit for reaching the top of the business career (only career I'm the top of atm) other than it requires no skills whatsoever.
All you need is to be BFFLz with your boss and co-workers and have a peachy-fucking-keen mood.

Heaven for the climate, hell for the company.
beear
Asinine Airhead

myspace.com/iwrestledabearonce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 14, 03:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also hold meetings worth $750 when you reach top of business career. I had my business dude hold about 5 meetings  max on a day off
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 14, 05:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no reward for the Rock branch, except they take your hours away and you can't get raises any more. :[

Well we do get payed for performances when reaching the top level and yes, it seems we no longer get any more work days and so the only income is doing to be of doing performances.

So there is a "reward" (performances now giving money) but it also comes with the loss of the salary and the loss of working hours.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 14, 05:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So there is a "reward" (performances now giving money) but it also comes with the loss of the salary and the loss of working hours.

Bawww, your sim doesn't have to piss away countless hours to go to work and can now instead piss away countless hours doing empty romance and friendship parties!  Woo!

Kind of a pisser, honestly, it would've been a nice reward in TS2, but puddingsville is so... dead-feeling.  Not even uncanny valley, that would be fun sometimes, just dead and void.

As an addendum I was also expecting the master thief statue to be a gigantic golden fox and was sorely disappointed to see that it was nobbut a tinyfox.  You'd think a master thief could have stolen something a bit larger, considering the title, or at least something a bit more impressive.

I was honestly more disappointed in the fact that master thieves can't steal other sims' things.  What the hell is the point of being a thief then?  Fie on "perks", the boring things.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 14, 06:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Master thief Sim didn't get a fox statue.  She got a couple of stupid paintings on different heists, but they were lame.
EdenNintyNine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 14, 07:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Master thief Sim didn't get a fox statue.  She got a couple of stupid paintings on different heists, but they were lame.

That's very interesting... I wonder if the rewards for career-upping in the thief- or even the criminal career as a whole- are random; perhaps based on skills or some hidden trait?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 14, 09:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hit Movie Composers get the option to sign autographs (I guess, Rock Stars do, too?). It's a minigame where you have to sign as much autographs as possible in a given time. Easy money, a nice ego boost buff, and watching the fans freak out is funny, too. I was strongly reminded of TS1 Superstar (ah, the good times).

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 14, 09:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rock stars do indeed also get the "Sign Autograph" feature, as do star athletes (I can't remember the exact title for Level 10 in the athletics track).  Star athletes additionally get the ability to do advertising deals, apparently.  It was available for my star athlete with the bookstore, but I stopped playing her before ever trying it on other lots.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
jlkeal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 14, 11:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a star athlete as well, and the bookstore does appear to be the only one with the advertising deal. I did check to see if the other rabbit holes had the option.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 14, 13:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim got absolutely nothing for becoming the Emperor of Evil (Level 10, Criminal, Evil). Although he does get to wear a snazzy black and green outfit, I would have liked some sort of great reward. But no, he didn't get anything at all.

However, his Master Thief wife did get the golden fox statue, which shall go nicely with the rest of the loot in their mansion.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 14, 18:14:15 by Alex » Logged
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 14, 13:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bawww, your sim doesn't have to piss away countless hours to go to work and can now instead piss away countless hours doing empty romance and friendship parties!  Woo!

A few things.

One, since there are no working hours that means there are no raises.
Two, Pop Star worked 3 days per week and the working hours were of late afternoon to night so its not as if time was a factor.
Three, Socializing is easy in TS3.
Four, the Sim night not have to "piss away" hours in work but he does have to "piss away" works in performances so the end result is going from a well payed automatic activity to a less payed (the first performance given me §500) player-have-to-initiate activity.

Granted its a matter of debate if the Rock Star "perk" of no working hours or salary is a good or bad thing but in some ways its annoying.
Nimrod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 14, 16:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There must be a hidden performance skill with the music track.  My rock star was getting around $$2,500 per performance, though time of day, location and mood seemed to play key roles.  Plus, after reaching level 7, I think, her only autonomous activity besides survival was play guitar, so she had many, many hours of actual guitar time.  Oddly, after turning elder, her pay dropped and fans were booing her much more often.
Cheatalot
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 15, 23:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim is a mad scientist now ( level 10 Science career ) and now he can experiment on some objects. Sometimes make a couch look better, it gets a glowing circle around it or it catches fire when the experiment fails. Other objects start to make music or a annoying sound. But it can also improve an object, like a fridge can hold more items, and a shower cleans the sim faster.

« Last Edit: 2009 June 16, 00:04:22 by Cheatalot » Logged

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
Czezechael
Blathering Buffoon

in my mouf...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 16, 03:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Three, Socializing is easy in TS3.

I never said it wasn't.  I was just commenting on how lame and empty it is, and I was never saying it was a particularly good thing or had any worthwhile awards.  I'd honestly rather have the ability to "have" a job a sim never does and do stuff on the side (rockstar billionaire bikini supermodel epic novelist), but that's me, and I am definitely not you.

Also, the reward for being Emperor of Evil is an aura of haet!1.  That red glow you see?  Each pulse makes your friends and family haet!1 you.  Parents, teachers, friends - they are all against you.

Also this seems to have looped into career perks.
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 16, 09:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, the reward for being Emperor of Evil is an aura of haet!1.  That red glow you see?  Each pulse makes your friends and family haet!1 you.  Parents, teachers, friends - they are all against you.
So I have recently noticed. It seems to have a greater effect on sims with the "Good" trait. It would also explain why his son and daughter-in-law absolutely despise him.

Relationships suck in this game. It's no longer a two way street, and they share the same meter (based on my observations). They both either have like each other or both haet each other, which sucks. I don't know whether that is by some moronic design or just pure laziness.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: