More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:38:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Facts & Strategery
| | |-+  Work Performance Facts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Work Performance Facts  (Read 48685 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Work Performance Facts
« on: 2009 June 11, 14:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's what I've found so far regarding Work Performance, on default values:

1. For each "performance metric", a sim receives a score ranging from -3 to +3. The average of these values is then divided by 3 to attain a value of and multipled by MaxPerfFlowPerHour or MinPerfFlowPerHour (if negative), which varies by job.
2. For being ambitious, a sim receives +2 work performance per hour.
3. For working hard, a sim receives +3 work performance per hour. The Athletic Career does not have this option.
4. For having the MultiTask perk, a sim receives +3 PPH.
5. For goofing off, a sim receives -1.5 PPH and gains +20 fun/hr. Negated by Professional Slacker perk.
6. For sleeping, a sim receives -3 PPH.
7. For "building independent case" (Law Enforcement), a sim receives -1 PPH.
8. Having the "Brave" trait(Military/Law Enforcement) or having the "Evil" trait(Criminal) gives +3 PPH.
9. The Schmoozer trait does not directly impact work performance, but doubles the effectiveness of sucking up (but not socializing).
A. "Workaholic" does not grant any direct bonus to performance, but allows you to boost performance out of work and reduces fun drain from working hard.

You will be promoted when your work performance passes 100. Note that using the "Practice Skill" tone has no known penalty.

NOTES:
1. Goofing off or sleeping has no effect on performance if you are there before your actual starting hours, but will still give fun/energy.
2. Working hard has no effect on performance if you arrive early, but will still drain fun.

MAX/MIN PERF FLOW PER HOUR BY JOB - Special Values Apply At Max Level
JOBNAMEMAXMINMAX10MIN10
Default14-88-10For Jobs Not Listed
Medical13-88-10
Law Enforcement13-88-10
Military14-86-10
6-School11-6NANA
12-School8-7.5NANA

Armed with these numbers, you can pace yourself accordingly.
« Last Edit: 2010 August 14, 03:11:08 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Work Performance Facts
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 11, 14:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How does mood factor in?  Are there any modifiers for sending a Sim to work in a great/terrible mood?

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Cheencheela
Asinine Airhead

Why even bother reading this?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 11, 15:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You, my good sir, shalt receive a cookie.

But what is 'goofing off'? I haven't heard of it in my jobs. Only Slack Off. Is it the same?
<--- Clearly non-awesome.
Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 11, 15:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But what is 'goofing off'? I haven't heard of it in my jobs. Only Slack Off. Is it the same?
<--- Clearly non-awesome.

Slack off, take it easy, hang out in lounge - those kind of things = goofing off Wink

Does "build independent case" actually do anything, then? I've been ignoring it so far.

MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 11, 15:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does "build independent case" actually do anything, then? I've been ignoring it so far.

After doing it for a while, you will either get a success or a failure.  I believe it's related to your logic skill, and I've never had a success so I can't tell you what you get, but I have failed twice and it it just a minor performance hit.  It might also hit you coworker relationships, not sure.

How does mood factor in?  Are there any modifiers for sending a Sim to work in a great/terrible mood?

Mood is a "performance metric."  See point A.

Does building skills not have any effect on stress level?  I never noticed a performance decrease, but I thought it added more stress.

I assume Office Hero modifies work socializing in the same fashion that Schmoozer does.
Also, how quickly does performance decay while you are missing work?  And what the heck is up with the Vacationer reward, I have no idea how that work.  I have no option to call in, and if I just tell my sim not to go, I still get a performance hit for being missing.  How does this thing work?
Sam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 11, 16:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does building skills not have any effect on stress level?  I never noticed a performance decrease, but I thought it added more stress.

Maybe it depends on the sim. I tried this on an athletic sim in the sports career; his performance still climbs while he's working out, and he gets free body points to boot Grin Haven't noticed him getting any more stressed, although he gets cranky if he hasn't exercised in a while, so it could even alleviate his stress. That's just him though, not sure how others handle it.

Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 11, 16:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mood is a "performance metric."  See point A.

Yep, that'd be me failing at reading comprehension.  Somehow I just wasn't parsing it. 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 11, 16:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goof off is the various slacker choices. It goes by different names in many jobs, but it's the same deal. Having the Professional Slacker perk negates the penalty, but grants no bonus.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Cheencheela
Asinine Airhead

Why even bother reading this?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 12, 09:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goof off is the various slacker choices. It goes by different names in many jobs, but it's the same deal. Having the Professional Slacker perk negates the penalty, but grants no bonus.

Ahh, alright.

Next I wonder about the Vacationer reward trait. It doesn't... seem to work.
Pinstar
Blathering Buffoon

Creator of the Legacy Challenge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 12, 20:51:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting, it seems the one or two notch drain in your mood metric that comes from working hard too long is not enough to counter the benefit of actually working too hard, especially if you pre-pad your fun bar before going to work.

What kind of Legacy will YOU leave?
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 12, 21:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had one success with it in the Science career track. He was awarded with a sizable boost in job performance. I don't have any hard numbers, but it was enough to max his job performance resulting in a promotion at the end of the day. He was probably a bit less than halfway through the performance bar at the time, but I'll admit that I don't watch it all that carefully.
hooptytrib
Asinine Airhead

INTP. Delinquent LULZpayer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 13, 02:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had one success with it in the Science career track. He was awarded with a sizable boost in job performance. I don't have any hard numbers, but it was enough to max his job performance resulting in a promotion at the end of the day. He was probably a bit less than halfway through the performance bar at the time, but I'll admit that I don't watch it all that carefully.

Politics ("new course of action") had a similar effect.  The success popup may have said something about work relationships being strained, but I was too busy spending the bonus to notice the little people.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 13, 14:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couch potato in law enforcement. He is brave and has the multitasker perk. He always seemed to start experiencing fun drain and strain a couple hours before the end of the shift. It seemed that on Friday the drain started earlier and was more severe. I generally had him just do business as usual and occassionally switched to chat with partner if that icon was yellow.

When he took the split for Special Agent in his career, he needed body and of course a couch potato shouldn't like to work out. He however actually has fun on the thread mill. So, when he started getting strained at work, I had him work out there at the office. His fun went up and his strain went down. His work performance meter was maxed out at the end of the shift.

Rothchild
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 13, 16:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've noticed with the vacationer trait, if you don't go to work you get a very minor performance hit, but you won't get fired even if you miss a week of work.  My sim with vacationer would only show up to work when he needed money or all of his performance smilies (skills, coworkers, etc) were maxed.  That's the only trait I bought.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 20, 00:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim (Criminal career) with an athletic LTW.  I sent her off to the sports stadium to join the Professional Sports career, which she did.  She was informed that she would start Monday at 1500hrs.  As it was Friday, she did not have to report to work (or so the game said).  I sent her home. 

As she was biking home, the clock passed the hour and it was 1501hrs.  Her job performance meter immediately started to drop and the note on the Career tab said "...is missing work."  I clicked on the "Go to work" button, which then informed me that the sim was not due to start work until Monday, and would not allow the sim to go. 

The job meter continued to drop until 2100hrs (end of shift), when the game informed me that if she didn't shape up, she would likely be fired.  Since her job meter was about 60% in the red, I had her quit the job and figure she can reapply when on a day when she isn't supposed to work, like Sunday.  Rather this than start her with a performance deficit.

Anyone else notice this type of thing?

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 20, 01:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's a bug with trans-midnight jobs in Awesomemod, partially induced by the fact the game uses two totally unrelated call systems to determine this. It no longer exists in the present version, so just wait for the next version.

Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 23, 15:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that jobs have the 'need X amount of friends' for getting ahead.  Any chance of a 'no friends needed' mod coming out?   Kiss
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 23, 16:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that jobs have the 'need X amount of friends' for getting ahead.  Any chance of a 'no friends needed' mod coming out?   Kiss

What jobs have a friend count requirement?  I haven't tried all the career tracks through to the end, but I have never seen a friend count requirement.  The most I have seen is a "relationship with coworkers/boss" requirement.

simmilk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 23, 17:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What jobs have a friend count requirement?

I think the Political career track runs off charisma (which requires x=friends to skill up).  I believe all the other careers just ask that you get along with your co-workers. 
Aaroc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 23, 17:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do performance metric improvements stack with eachother?

Like if I had a Schmoozer sim with the Office Hero perk, would he recieve even more office relationship boosts?

Or say, Ambitious, Professional Slacker, Evil, and Multitasker? If a sim had all four of those traits/perks would he receive the bonuses granted by all of them while slacking off in the criminal career?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 23, 18:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. If you have the Ambitious, the Relevant Trait, and the Multitask benefit, especially with workaholic, you can expect to get a promotion every day for a quick climb to the top, barring the annoyances of filthy Days Off! Grr!

Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 23, 22:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What jobs have a friend count requirement?  I haven't tried all the career tracks through to the end, but I have never seen a friend count requirement.  The most I have seen is a "relationship with coworkers/boss" requirement.

To boost up in Charisma, and therefore any job needing charisma, you need friends & relationships:

charisma level             required friends              required relationships
1                                         0                                    0
2                                         0                                    2
3                                          1                                    3
4                                         2                                    4
5                                         3                                    6
6                                         4                                     8
7                                         5                                     10
8                                         6                                     15
9                                         8                                     20
10                                       10                                   25
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 24, 00:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, do you want a mod to let people increase charisma without friends?  Or, a mod to let people advance in their careers without charisma?

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 24, 01:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever will help a sim get promoted without relying on needing friends or relationships.
McCrea
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 24, 01:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... to start careers at lvl 10;
... to just give you a cool mill everyday at 5 0'clock.

In case you want more content than complete sarcasm, the indirect friend requirement for politics hardly seems unfair.

EDIT:  Ah, journalism.  Yeah, i can imagine a journalist with no friends, but there's still the argument that they need "contacts".

DANG.  Now I just confused myself.  Even with zero charisma, you can get promoted, just not too quickly, eh?
« Last Edit: 2009 June 24, 01:36:38 by McCrea » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: