More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 18:53:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Young Adult or almost Elder?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Young Adult or almost Elder?  (Read 9747 times)
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Young Adult or almost Elder?
« on: 2009 June 09, 20:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way of telling the age of a townie besides inviting him/her/it to a party?
Mire Krisma
Pancake Fucker
Retardo Lander

INTP (allegedly)

View Profile
Re: Young Adult or almost Elder?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 09, 20:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To my knowledge, I believe that young adults have an adult body, but a teen head. Or is it the other way around?

It's a shame they didn't take the leap and have a more gradual aging process.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 09, 20:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neither.  Young adult and Adult are identical just like Sims 2, they are indistinguishable by appearance.  In Sims 2, their voices and walk were different, but in Sims 3, even the voice and walk doesn't change.  Well, I'm not positive on the walk, but I never noticed a difference.  I think the only difference between young adult and adult is the chance of pregnancy is higher for young adult.

Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 09, 20:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Actually, young adults' faces are smoother than the adults', and have less aging detail. The cheeks are also firmer, I think - but they're definitely not teen faces. I can most certainly confirm this, because I've taken screenshots of my YA sims before and after they transition to adult.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 09, 20:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm. I don't know about the shape of the face, but the texture is definitely different: adults have (light) wrinkles.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 09, 20:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well but if my young adult meets a townie how can I tell if its a suitable match?
She ended up with a guy that turned into elder the next day and her father dated her boyfriend's daughter... that was kind of funny but weird, looking to avoid ;-)

Add: ok, the wrinkles might help, if I can see them
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 09, 21:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They really need an "Ask Age" social along the lines of "Ask About Career" and "Ask if Single"  because frankly I don't care who you are dating or what you do for a living if you are getting ready to kick the bucket.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 09, 21:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elder males are still fertile. Anyways, I find it easy to spot the forehead wrinkles that adults sport (and am still offended that this is supposed to be the equivalent of a 30-year-old as I have no wrinkles, thank you).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 09, 21:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elder males are still fertile. Anyways, I find it easy to spot the forehead wrinkles that adults sport (and am still offended that this is supposed to be the equivalent of a 30-year-old as I have no wrinkles, thank you).

I've been assuming that YA is 18, Adult is 42, and Elder is somewhere between 60 and 66.  But I'm only a few years away from that Adult mark, and I don't have wrinkles either.   Undecided

Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 09, 22:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a facial structure difference, though I guess how much of one depends on the sim.  I was working on one in CAS and had him set to young adult by mistake.  Apparently I had lowered his mouth well past the usual boundries because when I switched him over to adult it dropped way down, almost to his chin.  I threw him out after that Tongue  To me, it looks like the overall face is rounder on the YA.
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 09, 22:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click on throw party on the cell phone menu and then mouse over the friends listed as possible invitees. It will tell you if they are adult or young adult. What it doesn't do is tell you how far along the sim is in the category.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 09, 23:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they are part of the household already, you can change their age, if you don't consider that cheating, by using the AwesomeMod and the Editme cheat.

Now if we could only do EditMe on non-household Sims.  That would be Godlike.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 09, 23:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been assuming that YA is 18, Adult is 42, and Elder is somewhere between 60 and 66.  But I'm only a few years away from that Adult mark, and I don't have wrinkles either.   Undecided
That's about what I have them at in my mind (more like 45 on the adults). In a few of the pre-release interviews, it was stated that adulthood was supposed to be similar to 30 in real life.

Doc, do "select FIRSTNAME LASTNAME". That throws you into the other sim's household or non-household in the case of NPCs. You can then do the other cheats. Make sure to get your butt back into the original household after editing.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 10, 00:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's about what I have them at in my mind (more like 45 on the adults). In a few of the pre-release interviews, it was stated that adulthood was supposed to be similar to 30 in real life.
Except there's no 45. That is still 42. STUPID PUMPKIN. Why is it that BastDawn can get things right and you can't? WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID?!?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 10, 01:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Bastdawn
Doc, do "select FIRSTNAME LASTNAME"...

First, THANK YOU!  And second, how do you know these things?

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 10, 02:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, by pushing out Rule of Six. I played with the new awesomemod cheat codes in a throw-away neighborhood. "destroyallhumans" made me high on power.

Pescado, I DON'T KNOW, AS I AM STUPID.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 10, 03:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The commands "mirror <name surname>" and "dresser <name surname>" also lead to the CAS with editing capability, without switching household. I don't know if it's intended or not, but it works.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 12, 16:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have to try the mirror cheat when I get home.  I've got a who sim came with the house my proxy sim moved into who is fantastic except for her age, LTW, and nose.  Well, she has neat hair, anyway.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: