More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:30:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hack request : Dance Together
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hack request : Dance Together  (Read 15310 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Hack request : Dance Together
« on: 2005 November 18, 22:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that since installing & patching NL, my teen sims can no longer 'dance together' with adult members of their household.  They can dance together with teen siblings (in the few households where I have more than one child), so obviously it's not a romantic interaction.  While the scholarship is useful, what I'm really missing is my teens not getting the ability to bust a move before they head off to uni. 

I've tried using teens from other households or townie teens to get this skill for my teens who don't have siblings.  But it's frustrating when I keep running into the teen curfew (which normally I don't mind - most of the time I think 'ok you go home now, and my sim can go do their homework').

It would be really awesome if someone could make a hack to enable teens to dance together with adults again.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Hack request : Dance Together
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 18, 22:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oooh!  please?

greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 18, 22:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually tried this earlier today...well, it was a child.  I wanted Amelia to join her father, Juan at the stereo...thinking, like you, I'd get her started on her dancing skill, since she's gonna be a teenager in 2 days.

It just dropped out of her queue.  I wondered why... and I think I remember I had children dance with their parents when I first got Sims 2.

--green
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 18, 22:49:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember the children being able to "join" in the dancing, but not dance with one sim alone.
I would love to have my sims dance together again, too. My teen sims relied on their older siblings for their dance skill!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 18, 22:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I miss it too. Mine relied on their elders as well to obtaint he 'bust-a-move' and the foot-thing scholarship. I especially need the bust-a-move for my autosocializer. It made things so delightfully quick.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 18, 23:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

agreed, it seems only natural that the rents and grandrents should be able to teach their teens to bust a move.

This feature was axed in NL, not sure why but it stinks.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 18, 23:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also found it seems to take much longer to gain dancing skill than previously.  It used to take a couple of sim hours to go from no skill to unlocking 'bust a move', and from there only a wee bit more dancing for the scholarship.  Now it takes forever. I'm not imagining that am I?  Huh
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 18, 23:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No you aren't. They changed it. Although I have to say it was a little too easy before.

I agree with the others though I want dancing between teens and adults/elders back.

I don't think they intentionally axed it though, it doesn't make sense that they would. I think they just changed something with dancing and it messed it up and they didn't bother to test teens dancing with adults. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 18, 23:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even though some of my teens do have the bust a move interaction available they don't get the Tsang Footwork scholarship. That's really messed up...  Sad
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 18, 23:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even though some of my teens do have the bust a move interaction available they don't get the Tsang Footwork scholarship. That's really messed up...  Sad

It's always been that way AFAIK.  The appearance of bust-a-move in the entertainment menu was a sign that the scholarship was close.  It's just that with dancing apparently taking longer to train now, it's not as close as it used to be.

I play my sims one sim day at a time, then move on to the next house.  Teen A invites Teen B over to train dancing.  Then I play Teen B's lot and Teen B invites Teen A over.  Then repeat the next simday.  I'll often see bust a move appear during the 3rd visit between them, and think great, I'm almost there.  But it requires at least one more visit to get the scholarship for both of them.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 18, 23:39:54 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 19, 04:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since NL has come out I've actually seen Bust a Move fail at socializing when I was using Macrotastics.  I had Erin Singles auto-socalizing with Buzz Grunt to kick their romance into gear and when she would Bust a Move he would back up, look at her funny, and double negative signs would pop up.  So I had to babysit her for a while until their relationship was up in the 40's, then Bust a Move started working.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 19, 15:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My children have been able to join dances with their teen siblings. It does drop out easily (or one or the other will turn the stereo off :p) but if I'm persistent they manage. I thought it maybe had to do with where they are on the skill levels, as the drop out seems rather like losing relationship when you have one sim that dances really well dance with another that doesn't - they stop quickly and lose points. And my teens invariably have a fair amount more in the dance skill. All but one of them got the scholarship. I haven't really tried the kids (or teens) with adults although a couple of adults have joined spontaneously and I have had whole families smustling together as I'm just nuts enough to think it's cute.

On the other hand, my sims can throw food at each without getting crushes since the patch, and I've heard others saying that isn't working for them... so maybe my game is just nutso.

Unsouper
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 19, 16:53:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before NL my sims would autonomously dance with anything and everything with two legs teens and up but now they only seem to do it with sims they're romantically attached to.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 19, 20:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is not related with the patch because it was like that pre-patch.  I notice it a few months ago and complain about it while MaxoidTom was on this site gathering info about what would be needed to be fix with the patch but my post never got answered.

Pre-Nightlife kids could joins any member of the family which were dancing.  Pre-Nightlife teens could dance with any teen or adults.

Post Nightlife kids can only join teens, teens can only dance together and adult can dance with adults and with elders.

I personally think this was change because of the new "slow dance" option which involve romance.  Since teen & adults cannot normally have romance interaction together my thoughts is they reprogram all this the only way they knew how too....
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 19, 23:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering whether the introduction of slow dancing had been the reason why my teens can't dance together with adults/elders.  But my teens can dance together with teens who are flagged as family (siblings and first cousins), so it's clearly not a romantic interaction.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 19, 23:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which reminds me...I wish that there was a way for friends to slow dance casually without falling in love. Sometimes, if they're not "dancing close", they'll do this really cute animation where one will spin the other around. They'll also chat while dancing, sometimes. It would be so cute to allow "just friends" to do that...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 20, 00:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that since installing & patching NL, my teen sims can no longer 'dance together' with adult members of their household.  They can dance together with teen siblings (in the few households where I have more than one child), so obviously it's not a romantic interaction.  While the scholarship is useful, what I'm really missing is my teens not getting the ability to bust a move before they head off to uni. 

I've tried using teens from other households or townie teens to get this skill for my teens who don't have siblings.  But it's frustrating when I keep running into the teen curfew (which normally I don't mind - most of the time I think 'ok you go home now, and my sim can go do their homework').

It would be really awesome if someone could make a hack to enable teens to dance together with adults again.
my Teens were slow dancing together at a wedding and my game is patched

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 20, 01:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The teens will slow dance with each other, it's just the regular "dance together" option that's missing between teens and adults. Josh can no longer dance with his teenaged daughter, for example. Which kinda stinks.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 20, 01:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The teens will slow dance with each other, it's just the regular "dance together" option that's missing between teens and adults. Josh can no longer dance with his teenaged daughter, for example. Which kinda stinks.
oh ok I guess I never noticed it before

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 20, 01:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. Taylor, who is the adult niece of Justin (yes, she's older) taught him all his dance moves while he was still a teen. He's an adult, of course, now, and was able to "teach" his teenage son Joel to dance (via the "dance together" option), but that option has not shown up since NL was installed.   
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 20, 06:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok slags, I've posted a hack for this over here. Please test it out and let me know if it works for you.

You shouldn't need this if you've got JenFlower's Teen Woohoo (non-pregnancy) and probably if you have the InTeen. This is pretty much ONLY if you have NL and do NOT have any Teen Woohoo related hacks.

I am not sure if this was changed at all for Uni Only patched, or with the Holiday version of the base game. Let me know if this is true, and I can take the time an update it so it should be backwards compatible. You probably shouldn't use it if you have the Original base game or Uni only unpatched. If you do, and your game explodes into a BFBVFS, I will point and laugh at you.

Cheers! Grin

Ste

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 20, 08:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because kids and teens can dance "the smustle", the "dance together" adds frienship points, and is considerred as a romantic action.

If you look at the moves of the "dance together" - they are quite sexy...Smiley.

From NL and on, my sims dance only the smustle, and enjoy it a lot.

Edit:  especially the "Elvis Presley" move of the hips.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 20, 09:35:37 by gali » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 20, 08:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True... I could theoretically try and figure out which dances are the sexy dances. The code shows there are 4 types of dances. If I felt like it Roll Eyes I could try and isolate this and prevent teens from doing the sexy dances, unless they were actually romantically involved. But this would require a bit more looking into. Maybe later... Tongue

Ste

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 20, 19:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thnx so much for the hack! But if I may make a suggestion - do you think you could do a version where body-skill is built, but the skill bars don't appear over the sims' heads? It kind of ruins the mood of a party if everyone has skillbars over their heads...esp if you're looking to take pretty pictures.

Oops. Posted this in the wrong post. I was talking about the Dance Skill hack...sry.
« Last Edit: 2005 December 20, 19:37:49 by idtaminger » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 20, 22:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once they are good smustlers,  and they've practised dancing solo a few times, they still get the Tsang footwork scholarship.  Mine never go to Uni without it!

And thanks for the hack, Syberspunk!  I'll try it out next time I quit my game.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: