More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 16:51:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD  (Read 200792 times)
joshiejack
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD
« Reply #175 on: 2009 June 11, 22:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also did not have any issues before the current version and am facing the crash error.
Gonna go and play without awesomemod now Cry. (Temporarily of course Tongue)

Lilith same for me too Sad
Lissa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2009 June 11, 22:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can confirm that the latest version "build 6/11/09 11:16 AM", crashes the game at loading screen for me.

Ditto
Lorea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2009 June 11, 22:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the newest one too, I could play with it for 1 hour and it managed with two saving and it crashed during the third saving.
Plu
Asinine Airhead

Have you seen tea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: 2009 June 11, 23:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, he gets us all hooked, gives us some half-assed excuses about older versions being evil, and then screws up one update and leaves us in the lurch like this. One is almost tempted to wonder if he enjoys causing anguish...

Yeah mine crashes also.

wknplaya
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2009 June 11, 23:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're experiencing crashes with the new version, clear the cache file and remove "enablescripterror.package". That seemed to have stopped the on-load crashing for me.

Cheers.

Team Waffle
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2009 June 12, 00:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the game always crash when you're on the second "ray" of the loading star? That's the "Random Crash". It seems to be fixed simply by randomly kicking the game and is not directly associated with AwesomeMod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wknplaya
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2009 June 12, 01:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the game always crash when you're on the second "ray" of the loading star? That's the "Random Crash". It seems to be fixed simply by randomly kicking the game and is not directly associated with AwesomeMod.
It happened that way when I had the scripterror package in, it seems to load just fine now. In addition to that the game never crashed before the awesome mod or with the previous version.

Team Waffle
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2009 June 12, 01:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a random behavior and not affected by anything you specifically did or didn't do, it's just Old Car Syndrome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
farmersimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2009 June 12, 01:52:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, he gets us all hooked, gives us some half-assed excuses about older versions being evil, and then screws up one update and leaves us in the lurch like this. One is almost tempted to wonder if he enjoys causing anguish...

Yeah mine crashes also.
Mine also CTD -during loading on the second time going to play using AwsomeMod?
I haven't yet tried by deleting caches.But I did take Awemod out and game loads ok,there is still a lone sim in that world,but can start a new game
which has all the population ungassed?
Im thankful and don't care how much änguish is caused.
 Pescado ïs a genius getting this far,so soon!
Heed the warning "Your computer may blow up" we are only the pesantry in the grand scheme to Mod Awesomeness.
Antiscient
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2009 June 12, 01:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right now, completely reliably, the newest version of AwesomeMod crashes my game on the second ray of the loading screen. Removal of AwesomeMod results in a successful load. However.. it's not AwesomeMod, it's my aweconf file, which I updated along with the mod. Removal of that also lets the game load. I'm about to make another aweconf package using the configuration tool and see if just remaking it works. My custom options were turning the good sliders on and turning off the anti-age-up-swarm.

Edit2: Removed invalid conclusion.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 12, 05:32:26 by Antiscient » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009 June 12, 02:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not really that, either. It's some kind of bizarre disk race condition built into the core of the program. Doing anything from thumping the computer to deleting random files or rebooting can make it go away.

Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2009 June 12, 02:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Removing aweconf.package fixed the crash problem for me. This was a newly generated copy when newest awesomemod was installed.  This is the only time I've had the game crash with awesomemod in.

Edit:  I should also mention that I can leave aweconf.package in, but I need to delete the cache files before starting the game each time.
Antiscient
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2009 June 12, 02:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it usually inconsistent, though? It was consistently crashing for me, over 30 times and regardless of caches. And I found a definite on/off switch for my case in the 4x slider option. I don't see why that would have changed between releases though, in the mod or in the config tool.

I'm not saying it's anyone else's problem, but it does appear to be my problem.

Edit: I take it back. That wasn't the problem. Whatever it was, what fixed it was actually running it without the aweconf file and then running it with the aweconf file. ...Whatever. It's running now.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 12, 03:18:04 by Antiscient » Logged
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2009 June 12, 03:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technicallly if it crashes at the same place all the time it's no longer random. It's a mystery crash then.
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: 2009 June 12, 05:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

aweconf.package with the latest version of awesomemod caused my game to crash at the loading screen, removing it fixed the problem.

Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2009 June 12, 06:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I originally started to post this to report that my game was crashing no matter what I did. But I decided to try one more thing, and this may be a solution.   I removed the mod setup completely. Deleted the mods folder, resource.cfg, and the d3dx9_31.dll. I then loaded my game up, saved it, quit, then put the mod setup all back in again.  If a new build of awesomemod hasn't been posted in the last hour then this worked for me with the current build available.

I do have a question though. Will this have any detrimental effect with an ongoing game to remove the mod completely, save, then put the mod back in?

Edit:  No crashing first time I loaded after putting awesomemod back in. But the game is still crashing. It seems to be random now though.  Sometimes it will load without crashing whether I delete the cache files or not. Other times it won't load until I delete the cache files.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 12, 06:42:54 by Kralore » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2009 June 12, 07:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try the magic of rebooting Windoze if it doesn't work.

Cheencheela
Asinine Airhead

Why even bother reading this?

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009 June 12, 11:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blasted... I installed the most recent version of Awesomemod, and I too am getting the Crash-to-desktop on load.

I'm going to try and reinstall the Framework. I'll give you an update if it worked or not.
Riez Forester
Blathering Buffoon

I am a virgin ;).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: 2009 June 12, 11:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most recent version with aweconf.package crashes on me as well. Doesnt without it.

The reason that I 'upgrade' to this version is because the old ones keep making Mortimer and Bella changing chairs when they are idle. As if theres nothing else they should do.

They'll sit on chair A. Then they'll stand up, and change to chair B. Then back to chair A. Back to chair B. Sometimes, go to chair C. Then back to A. It goes on...
(All the chair are same models or promotes same comfort.)

Please dont rips my lips for my bad english!
Cheencheela
Asinine Airhead

Why even bother reading this?

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2009 June 12, 11:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, no soupage here.

Reinstalling the Framework didn't work. I'll experiment some moar.

Edit
THERE ARE FUCKING GHOSTS IN THIS GAME.
I reinstalled, followed instructions (Once again) and it worked.

I am scared...

Crashing? Are you non-awesome? READ THIS!

I believe most of you aren't following the instructions.
Hell, I didn't do that either. But then I actually proof read the readme, and found that you have to delete the ScriptCache in your My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/
(Or something)

Try deleting it, reinstall BOTH the AwesomeMod and the AwesomeConfig at the same time. Don't run them individually, or else you'll have to remove the ScriptCache again.

If this doesn't work, then I guess I'm just a lucky son of a bitch.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 12, 12:07:14 by MiniMacker » Logged
Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2009 June 12, 12:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are lucky. Doesn't work.
The game worked fine yesterday. Today it crashes. I delete all the files that include "cache" in them. Works. I played. Had to quit. Deleted all the files that include "cache" in the name. Crash... Check - they didn't re-appear. Read this post. Reinstalled the awesomemod and the config file. Crash. Not working.

I know I don't have an evil twin, because I'm the evil one.
Pythia
Asinine Airhead

Just lurking

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2009 June 12, 12:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having no issues and no crashes with this version.
A quick suggestion for those that are would be to try this method of installation that someone mentioned either in this thread or in the main Awesome mod thread.

Take the mod and the config file, if present, out.
Delete all 4 caches.
Load the game. Load a family.
Play, just for a few seconds. Just let some time elapse.
Save and quit.
Put mod and config back in.
Delete caches again.
Now your game *should* load hassle free.

I bear no responsibility or liability if this doesn't work for you. It's worked for me for the last 2 versions and loaded every time.
joshiejack
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: 2009 June 12, 12:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installing the enablescripterror.package fixed the problem for me, I didn't even notice it saying that there when I read the post the first time, silly me  Embarrassed
Billmonaghan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: 2009 June 12, 13:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've relaunched the game three or four times since installing the latest (as of yesterday afternoon) version of the mod with no crashes or other apparent problems.

I don't even have to delete the cache files before re-launching each time, which is a relief because His Excellency's instructions have always indicated it is only necessary to delete the scriptcache package once after installing the mod and before launching the game. I've only had the enablescripterror package installed since yesterday, so I think that's been instrumental in getting the mod to work as the instructions and other users' experience indicate it should work.

As a squirming little n00b, I've found you really have to pore through all the threads in the Armoire, make sure you download all the .zips referenced in His Excellency's instructions, and make sure you install all the contents of those .zips where they belong.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 12, 19:27:25 by Billmonaghan » Logged

"Ah yes, we were in the HimALLyas, had lost our corkscrew. Had to subsist for several days on nothing but water and food."
 --  W. C. Fields
Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2009 June 12, 13:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a squirming little n00b, I've found you really have to pore through all the threads in the Armoire, make sure you download all the .zips referenced in His Excellency's instructions, and make sure you install all the contents of those .zips where they belong.

Surely you don't mean that you have to read the instructions and follow them? THE HORROR!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: