More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 00:05:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD  (Read 201021 times)
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD
« Reply #100 on: 2009 June 08, 08:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the game just doesn't like having new folders or files in it's midst.  Perhaps it is allergic to foreign *objects*. Roll Eyes
Hallie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 June 08, 08:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a link for an older version earlier in thsi thread I believe.
RKade
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2009 June 08, 09:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://nene.modthesims.info/d/344611
So I grabbed that because I use other mods (OH MUH GAWD) and I got the login issue. Cleared my cache (otherwise known as going into the sims 3 folder and deleting anything with cache in it that wasn't a folder), and re-organized the mods. Loaded perfectly. I notice it does a crash and then it works alright. How bizarre.

Anyway, great mod, great strides, thanks much, see the thanks thread. Hope that helps.

What some call health, if purchased by perpetual anxiety about diet, isn't much better than tedious disease.
  - George Dennison Prentice
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 June 08, 12:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It loaded!
I did all of the above, including fiddling with the authorizations at random, and the new one loaded.
So, now, the crashes in game...
Karen, I don't remember the name of the file, and I emptied my bin. I think it had x4.dll in the name. You could look for one like that in game /bin, take it out and see.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 June 08, 12:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does seem to be magic.  My game was working perfectly yesterday afternoon.  I installed the latest version of the awesomemod, and had the standard crash on intro screen issue.  I changed nothing and restarted the game, and it worked perfectly.  Didn't even purge the cache files.

Tribulatio proxima est
bgrateful
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 June 08, 13:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The random crashing seems to occur anytime you change versions of anything. It seems to help if you purge your caches.

What caches exactly do you purge? I don't want to delete the wrong cache file! are these files we don't need that just sit around in the folder? I installed the framework tool and them the awesome mod and followed directions and it didn't work for me. I am running vista 32. I tried the "lifetimehappiness" debug command and all I got was the "unknown command" error message. before I discovered your awesomemod, I had the debugenabler mod from MTS3 installed and the "lifetimehappiness" command works fine. I made sure I uninstalled that mod before I installed yours. can you possibly help me? should I try again with your updated version?
bgrateful
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 June 08, 13:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Safe to purge:
CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package

All in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

Thanks so much for answering my question. I had asked that on another forum and no one even took the time to bother answering me. now I know why I always come here. I get the help I need.  Wink
DoraDoraBoBora
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 June 08, 15:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So here is the sordid crash history for myself.

1.  Loaded game with awesome.package and requirements.  Crash and burn.
2.  Deleted cache files.  Success!  Peasants rejoiced.
3.  Later, installed some pattern CC and premade Sims.  Crashed on loadup.  Removed CC.  Still crash.
4.  Deleted cache files.  Still crash.
5.  Removed awesome.package.  Game loaded, but I refused to play without it.
6.  Put awesome.package back in, deleted cache files again.  Crashed.

ETA:  7.  Added enablescripterror.package.  Still crashed.
        8.   Removed ese and deleted cache files.  Still crashed.

I wish I knew what stars were aligned that it worked fine for me the first time.  I'm running the latest version of the game on Windows XP.  If you need any other system specs, let me know.
TwoToot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 June 08, 15:30:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything works but the cooking whatever you want thing.

It will not show "cook X" and "cook y" except for the default time cooking option. (Say cook lunch)
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 June 08, 16:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One question though: why is the d3dx9_31.dll only 73.5 kb when the same dll in my windows\system32 is 2.30 mb?  Is there a chance that there is a conflict?
No, this is deliberate.

New wild-assed theory: Try nuking the contents of \Windows\Prefetch.

Thank you!  That did it for me.  Great to have the hack back in my game.
anillee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 June 08, 16:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I've managed to make it into the game (well, it loaded and I'm at the choose a game screen) with Awesomemod for the first time, and I've been trying since last night.  

What I've done was use the Install Helper from MTS that someone in this thread recommended for the framework build (resource.cfg).  I also followed Jordi's recommendation and deleted these cache files from Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3:

CASPartCache.package
compositorCache.package
scriptCache.package
simCompositorCache.package

I installed enabledscripterror and the awesome config first, tested the game..it worked (yesterday my game wouldn't even start with enabledscripterror).  For the awesome config I disabled all the BUS options.  I then went ahead and installed Awesomemod itself and it appears to be working.  I'm going to see if I can make it past the 1AM issue people seem to be having.

Edited to say: Using Windows XP Home Edition.

Edit Number Two:  Made it past 1am with no problems.  If I should crash again, I'll post.  Hopefully these steps will help someone else.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 08, 16:34:32 by anillee » Logged

DAMN THE OPPRESSIVE GHEYZ WITH THEIR SHOWTUNES AND SWATCHES.
ethereal
Asinine Airhead

I like cake.

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 June 08, 16:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mr. Pescado, the new AwesomeMod you posted today (6/8/09 - 3:31AM) is working quite well, no 0100 mishaps. Before this one, the only one that worked for me was the AwesomeMod (6/6/09 - 10:30PM).

To get this new version to work I just put it in the packages folder overwriting the existing working Mod and generated a new aweconf.package (Disabling only TS2Aging). Loaded my test hood that was paused at 12:30 and it worked. I am still using my test hood to discover any anomalies if any might come up. Did NOT purge any cache files and I am NOT using enablescripterror.package.

What I'm working with:
Test hood Riverview
Vista x64
TS3 CE retail dvd (version 1.0.631.00001)
Bypassing launcher using no-cd cracked execution file.
Have downloads from store/launcher and pudding clothes packages.
Stuff in Mods/Packages:
pudding clothes packages
aweconf.package (newest)
awesome.package (newest)
Carrigon_TS3FasterHomeworkHack.package
NoZzzs.package (by HystericalParoxysm)

Thank you for updating, will play test right now.  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2009 June 08, 16:44:36 by ethereal » Logged
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2009 June 08, 17:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So here is the sordid crash history for myself.

1.  Loaded game with awesome.package and requirements.  Crash and burn.
2.  Deleted cache files.  Success!  Peasants rejoiced.
3.  Later, installed some pattern CC and premade Sims.  Crashed on loadup.  Removed CC.  Still crash.
4.  Deleted cache files.  Still crash.
5.  Removed awesome.package.  Game loaded, but I refused to play without it.
6.  Put awesome.package back in, deleted cache files again.  Crashed.

ETA:  7.  Added enablescripterror.package.  Still crashed.
        8.   Removed ese and deleted cache files.  Still crashed.

I wish I knew what stars were aligned that it worked fine for me the first time.  I'm running the latest version of the game on Windows XP.  If you need any other system specs, let me know.

I found that when this happens you must take all the mods out, delete the cache files, then start the game up and load your game you were playing when it crashed and do a save.

Then go back and put the mods back in, delete the cache files and it will load right back up with no problem.
anillee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 June 08, 18:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like there may be issues with certain features, at least in my game.

-The meals my sims can make are still determined by the time of day.
-When working out, it seems my sims still automatically do basic mode (although I am noticing if I tab over to another sim then back to the sim exercising, then they're on "Don't Break A Sweat."

I have pulled out the awesome config and the script error packages and I am still encountering this issue, running on the defaults.  Any advice?

Edit:  Clearing the cache files seemed to do the trick for the cooking, although they are still grouped by the time of day, and the modified work-out issue is still the a Basic one unless you switch to another sim than go back.  Just cosmetic issues though, apparently.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 08, 20:54:46 by anillee » Logged

DAMN THE OPPRESSIVE GHEYZ WITH THEIR SHOWTUNES AND SWATCHES.
justerin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 June 08, 20:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay first post evah!  First of all thanks for all the awsomeness, didnt expect fixes to come to fast!  The random one parent babies were driving me crazy.  

Bad news, the first time i installed awsomemod with default settings, without enablescripterror file, the game was crashing seemingly at random.  after 45 minutes, then after 15, then 30... possibly as a rusult of my sims visiting community lots, the crashes happened during lots loading - although not all lots caused a crash, nor did the same lots cause the crash reliably.

So I got enablescripterror file, changed settings to only story mode and route fixing enabled, started having the crash at 1pm and am consistantly.  ive been clearing my cache before every start.

Gonna try it again with only the 'necessary' fixes (imo) minus the enablescript file.  hope this works, i refuse to play a town full of immaculatly concieved babies.  (Seriously why would something like that be overlooked and shipped??  Its pathetibad.)

-edit: still crashing at 1am/pm.  /sigh.  oh well, waiting on the fearless leader's fixes. -
« Last Edit: 2009 June 08, 21:51:01 by justerin » Logged
DoraDoraBoBora
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 June 08, 21:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found that when this happens you must take all the mods out, delete the cache files, then start the game up and load your game you were playing when it crashed and do a save.

Then go back and put the mods back in, delete the cache files and it will load right back up with no problem.

Thanks for the tip.  I actually managed to get it running, but I'm not sure if it was anything I did, or just chance.  What happened was:

Had removed awesomemod ( Sad ) and downloaded and installed Delphy's new package manager tool.  Then, on a whim, reinstalled the mod again in it's entirety, INCLUDING the framework (which I'd never removed, but whatever), and deleted the cache, as always.  Loaded right up, and has been doing so ever since. 

Before I found this mod, I actually had no idea my Sims were producing children on their own.  I came back to another house that had previously only held a bachelor to find a kid running around.  I thought "Oh, he must be adopted.  That's . . . nice?  I guess?"  So glad I won't have to worry about that anymore.

. . . so, when do we get the Baby-Q?
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 June 08, 22:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, the new version the awesome mod appeared to be working well for me. The game did not crash when 1 AM came and went.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 June 08, 22:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-The meals my sims can make are still determined by the time of day.
Haven't found this to be the case. State specific example? Your cooking selection may simply be limited due to supply shortages or lack of skill.

-When working out, it seems my sims still automatically do basic mode (although I am noticing if I tab over to another sim then back to the sim exercising, then they're on "Don't Break A Sweat."
Normal. Smartselect doesn't take effect until the sim starts to exercise, and the queue won't display it until it redraws. Looking into how to improve the display.

Edit:  Clearing the cache files seemed to do the trick for the cooking, although they are still grouped by the time of day, and the modified work-out issue is still the a Basic one unless you switch to another sim than go back.  Just cosmetic issues though, apparently.
How they are GROUPED is irrelevant. The workout thing is just a display refresh issue, it works.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 June 08, 22:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New version has fixed crashing for me as long as I delete Scriptcache before playing. Smiley

weblerrik
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 June 08, 23:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is my story, maybe this will help some.  I was happily playing along with this wonderful hack.  Then I DlL'd the wonderful installer over at MTS and suddenly I started getting lots and lots of crashes.  I tried messing with the the config files and still crashed.  Took out Awsomemod and viola no crashes.  Then I got the really bright idea to reinstall the .dll file.

Bingo tihs corrected my crashing and have not had a crash since.  So I did a little research and found that the .dll file over at MTS is an older version.  If you haven't tried it try reinstalling the .dll file.  This may fix your issues. 

ps.  Wonderful mods as usual.  I feel even less awsome then I did in Sims 2
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 June 09, 01:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried this hack. I couldn't understand how to install the Framework.zip. for a start. I already have a resources,cfg and you can't have 2 in the same folder although it says the following --You may already have one like this, in which case you should install this one without overwriting any files--and I can't install this one without overwriting the one I already have, so I didn't understand what that meant. I installed the awesome mod though and my game wouldn't load at all. It just stuck at a certain point and stayed there. I like the sound of this but I can't understand how to install the framework as if I try it just asks me if I want to override the file I already have and according to the instructions you shouldn't let it override a file. Putting in the awesome mod without it meant my game wouldn't load.

Hope this makes sense as English is not my first language.

You are trying to install it to the wrong place I assume, unless you have already installed a resource.cfg file from someone else. You need to go to Program files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Drop the contents of the Netframework.zip into there.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Marq
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 June 09, 01:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here to report my crash issues.  I'll update this reply if anything else comes up.

1. Installed framework and awesome mod, started a new game (for testing purposes), everything loaded and worked fine
2. Closed the game and restarted it resulted in crash to desktop
3. Deleted cashe files resulted in CTD
4. Removed awesome but kept frame work resulted in loading
5. Re-inserted awesome and CTD
6. Installed enablescripterror package did not delete any cashe files and game is running smoothly.  In fact I'm now noticing a difference between speeds 2/3 in my game.

I will conduct further testing tomorrow and report what I find.  Now I'm off to bed b/c I have work in a few hours.
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 June 09, 02:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may be interested to know that the mod is ALSO causing crashing issues when you try to install Sims2Pack files with the launcher.  It seems wild that the launcher would actually load the mods when you try to install something, but it does.  This is obviously not something that has to be fixed since it's very simple to remove the mod temporarily to install using the launcher, but if the crash is related, then exploring this may give more information as to why it's happening.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 June 09, 02:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You may be interested to know that the mod is ALSO causing crashing issues when you try to install Sims2Pack files with the launcher. 

I do believe that the official stance around here is that the launcher is Bad and should be Avoided at all times. Can't actually speak for Pescado, of course, but I'm not sure that any great pains will be taken to accomodate the launcher... especially considering that there's already an alternative out there.
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 June 09, 02:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read my whole post.  Obviously, nobody cares if the mod breaks the launcher, but if the launcher breakage is related to the game breakage, then knowing why it breaks the launcher may help figure out why it breaks the game.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: