More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 09:23:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD  (Read 200777 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD & SCRIPT HACKS: CRASH ISSUES THREAD
« Reply #50 on: 2009 June 07, 21:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having problems with the framework.  Have tried it numerous times, following the instructions in the framework.zip file EXACTLY. 

Running without any added files in my C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 directory, the game starts fine, and I have no graphics issues.

Exit the game, add in the resource.cfg file, restart the game, still no problems.

Exit again, add in either the DDFMap.txt file or the d3dx9_31.dll that's included in the framework.zip file, and the game still loads OK, but on entering the lot, ALL exteriors are solid red (only the inside of the house I'm playing is normal, absolutely everything else is a featureless bright red).

And if I try to add the awesome.package in the Mods\Packages directory, the game simply hangs on loading, at the beginning of the progress bar.

Any advice would be appreciated.  I am running Vista SP1 (32 bit), graphics card is ATI Radeon X1300 Pro, and as I said, the game ran fine until I tried to install the framework (from the zip file in the Framework thread, ).  I updated my video drivers in the hope that it would fix the issue, but it didn't change anything.

Aside from installing the censor blur removal fix from MTS2, I have no hacks or custom content at all yet.

Karen
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 June 07, 21:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1am crash with newest awesomemod
jaccirocker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 June 07, 21:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I added the enablescript(sp?) from the post, deleted .caches and so far no more crashing. I have no idea of what caused it to work, as I said I've never had a problem with any of the other releases.

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 June 07, 22:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is stable once I can get it to load.

I did put enablescripterror.package in eventually, I am not sure if it was that or the "second time lucky" phenomenon, but my game loaded.

I can report a problem with Awesome Navigation and toddlers. If I use the "go here" action, the toddler jumps. I was not sure initally if it was Awesomemod or not, but I had enablescripterror in and I got an error popup confirming that it was Awesome Navigation.

More F than you
Xyo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 June 07, 22:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exit again, add in either the DDFMap.txt file or the d3dx9_31.dll that's included in the framework.zip file, and the game still loads OK, but on entering the lot, ALL exteriors are solid red (only the inside of the house I'm playing is normal, absolutely everything else is a featureless bright red).

'The Red' happens when you do not install the framework in the proper specified file tree of awesome.  But dump it all to the top level of ts3

Take a look at framework.zip again for hints.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 June 07, 22:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Karen, I had the exact same problem, I took out a file from the bin, something x4, thinking it was the framework, ok, so I downloaded the framework again it was ok.
Maybe that file was from one of the installers, or the compressor.
Apart from that, it won't load with the mod.
hugaloaf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 June 07, 22:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel like a complete moron, but I really have no idea where to put any of the files Undecided Could someone please give me a step by step process?
Ultraboy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 June 07, 22:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the 1:00am crash, I was getting it consistently so I started playing aroud with different configs.

So far, I've been able to sail through 1:00am with the following options disabled.

NoBusKills
NoBusMutilation
NoBusFiring

I've gone through about 5 times with no issues so far, but if this turns out to be random still, I'm going to shoot myself.
I will start narrowing down from here to see if it's just one or all of these options, will update later.

Also, it would help if anyone knows if any of the events that these options change are triggered at 1:00am?
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 June 07, 22:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel like a complete moron, but I really have no idea where to put any of the files Undecided Could someone please give me a step by step process?

There is a step-by-step process in the download thread. Under "Instructions." It says right where to put it.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 June 07, 23:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Karen, I had the exact same problem, I took out a file from the bin, something x4, thinking it was the framework, ok, so I downloaded the framework again it was ok.

I don't understand.  What, exactly, did you do to fix it?  You deleted a file?  What file?

I have downloaded the framework REPEATEDLY.  Re-installed it, REPEATEDLY.  No luck.  If anyone can help me with specific steps to resolve this problem, I would appreciate it.

Karen
Ultraboy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 June 07, 23:11:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, I've been able to sail through 1:00am with the following options disabled.

NoBusKills
NoBusMutilation
NoBusFiring

argh.

I take it back, was seemingly working, now it isn't, just crashed at 1:00am with these settings.  It does get through sometimes still though.

Other than the time, it seems to be random about actually crashing or not.
hugaloaf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 June 07, 23:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a step-by-step process in the download thread. Under "Instructions." It says right where to put it.

I just can't figure out what I've done wrong. I believe I have it in the right place, but to test it I went to CAS... and it still says I need an adult or elder.

Is this not correct?

Xyo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 June 07, 23:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand.  What, exactly, did you do to fix it?  You deleted a file?  What file?

I have downloaded the framework REPEATEDLY.  Re-installed it, REPEATEDLY.  No luck.  If anyone can help me with specific steps to resolve this problem, I would appreciate it.

Karen

Make sure your files are in these locations:

--ts3/game/bin/the.dll
--ts3/the.cfg
--ts3/mods/files/the.cfg
--ts3/mods/files/the.txt
--ts3/mods/packages/awesomemod

JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 June 07, 23:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, you are putting it in the wrong place.  I doesn't go under my documents---->Electronic Arts, it goes under my computer---->Electronic Arts.  It is all explained in the rtfm.
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 June 07, 23:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can report that the entire thing works with a bunch of other mods from MTS2 as well as custom patterns and I have the 'error' package installed to, but I haven't tested the 1am crash, as I haven't played a family that was near 1am.

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
hugaloaf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 June 07, 23:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, you are putting it in the wrong place.  I doesn't go under my documents---->Electronic Arts, it goes under my computer---->Electronic Arts.  It is all explained in the rtfm.

I'm so sorry for all my confusion, I'm very technologically challenged. When I click on Computer-->The Sims 3, it brings me to the files that are on my disc. Are you saying I need to burn the files to the disc? When I try pasting the files there that's the only option I get.
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 June 07, 23:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I watched more closely and it was 1 am when it crashed..exactly and this was with the enabledscripterror package out. Previous times when it crashed the file was in.

I have nothing else but a few patterns and the skins plus the awesome mod and the aweconf package.
WatersMoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 June 07, 23:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was getting random crashes during gameplay, with the enablescripterror.package, and the current version of the Awesomemod (without the script error enabler, my game crashed on start up). Tried clearing the cache, no difference. But when I put in the older version of the awesome, from reply #47, my game works just fine. I'm just as confused as everyone else. Do the people getting the crashing problems maybe have something in common? I am running Windoze XP, and have the retail DVD version of the game (and all the newest drivers that were available on Friday).

Don't step on the Mome Raths.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 June 07, 23:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New awesomemod, with aweconfig, enablescripterror and caches purged, loads and doesn't crash. Passed 1 am and 1 pm twice with no problems.

There's however a weird issue about the pathfinding, I guess. Apparently, with SmarterChairFinder enabled, the pathfinding seems worse. I tested it in a family of 8 sims: 4 adults going to work at 8 and 9 am, 1 teen and 1 child going to school at 8 as well. They are barely able to not missing the carpool/bus; one of the adults, which is also workaholic, pops a negative moodlet about missing work, before being able to run for the carpool.
They stand idling behind their beds for no apparent reason for an hour and more, with their action icon already active about going to work. I assume they're desperately calculating the path, and they clash together; they have very long pauses every time they have to choose a path (e.g. when they reach the bottom of the stairs, and they should find the door).
Reconfiguring with the SmarterChairFinder disabled solved the issue.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 June 07, 23:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a script error pop up last night when a sim apparently either died or met a ghost on a community lot. My sims were all home at the time and that's where the camera was. The main thing the error seems to be spacking out about is, "Maximum recursion depth of 0 has been hit".

I don't know if this is anything to do with Awesomemod or not but it's all grist for the mill. I was running the awesomemod 7/6/09 - just before this latest release .

Which I'll probably stick with for now, given the 1am problem. I wonder if it's connected to ghosts? I didn't notice my game time but it was late at night.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 08, 00:42:42 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 June 07, 23:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Xyo, thank you for the quick response!  I didn't have any idea that there was supposed to be a Files subdirectory, let alone what was supposed to go in it.  It's working now, no errors, with the awesomemod installed.  Whew! Smiley

Karen
Ultraboy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 June 07, 23:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've tried all kinds of different configs and it's always crashing at 1:00am, with a couple of exceptions.

1. If I load a family that's saved about 12:05am (after midnight), they have a fifty-fifty chance of getting through
2. If I create a config that disables everything, it crashes around 6:00pm???

So, if you absolutely don't want to roll back, I suggest saving just after midnight.  I did more testing with a save that starts around 3pm, and that guy had no chance to get through 1:00am, none whatsoever.
LauraW
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2009 June 07, 23:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the 1:00am crash, I was getting it consistently so I started playing aroud with different configs.

NoBusKills
NoBusMutilation
NoBusFiring

I was able to get past 1:00 too by removing these from the config.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 June 07, 23:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, add me to the list of crashing games.  I have had no trouble up until today with the latest version.  I have done everything that has been suggested.  Nothing works.  Not even putting an earlier version of the awesome mod back in.  Not even with only the awesome mod running (I only had HPs skins and patterns in since yesterday).  I am at a loss.  I am going to try reinstalling and going with a vanilla game until these issues have been solved.  Such a shame though.  The one thing that I can add is that I do not shut down my computer everyday.  It only is rebooted whenever there are updates.  I am not sure if one occurred and it rebooted and that is why I am now having problems.  None of this makes logical sense at all.

One question though: why is the d3dx9_31.dll only 73.5 kb when the same dll in my windows\system32 is 2.30 mb?  Is there a chance that there is a conflict?
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 June 07, 23:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so sorry for all my confusion, I'm very technologically challenged. When I click on Computer-->The Sims 3, it brings me to the files that are on my disc. Are you saying I need to burn the files to the disc? When I try pasting the files there that's the only option I get.

I mean the program files under my computer not the files on the disc.  You just drag and drop.  If you open the manual, it says the exact place you need to put them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: