More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:35:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor  (Read 706935 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
« Reply #275 on: 2011 August 29, 17:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I may be over-thinking this. Could someone please confirm or deny whether I have things straight?:

- Compressing (recompressing?) and decrapifying are two separate functions. You can compress files without also decrapifying them, and you can decrapify them without also compressing them.
- Compressing files is non-destructive. Decrapifying them is destructive, and requires you to decrapify your save files, too, in order for things to work properly.

I've never had to decrap any of my saves. I believe that is only needed if you change the format of your pirated CC mid game. everything else you have seems right. I only ever decrap, I don't see the need to compress stuff.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

ENTP - Provider of graveside services

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2011 August 29, 21:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was hoping that Pescado would answer this one since I still have some doubts. I can confirm, based on my experience,  only the following:
- Compressing (recompressing?) and decrapifying are two separate functions. You can compress files without also decrapifying them.
- Compressing files is non-destructive. 
I compress (but do not decrapify) because I do not want to use the Launcher and I convert all store sims3packs to packages that I merge afterwards.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2011 September 02, 05:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was redundant to compress prior to merging files since they are compressed in s3pc.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

ENTP - Provider of graveside services

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2011 September 02, 05:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still did not figure out how to inspect/view packages in s3pe if they weren't previously "compressorized"/"dragged into s3rc"

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2011 September 05, 14:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still did not figure out how to inspect/view packages in s3pe if they weren't previously "compressorized"/"dragged into s3rc"

You can't open store content without doing that first.

On another note, the whole decrapping the lot to get your pirated CC to show up does work now. I do have a question though, I downloaded this lot, and upon decrapping it, it no longer wants to install, via the launcher. I keep getting the update your game error. Would anyone happen to know of a reason why this is happening? Just for clarification I have all EP/SP's, game's fully patched, I use decrapped sims3packs, my s3rc and decrap files are updated and it was decrapped properly, the time stamp changed on the file.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2011 September 06, 06:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots are not installed via the launcher, they are installed by dumping them into your Library directory, so I have no idea what you are doing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2011 October 21, 19:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decrapping the Pet Shop breaks the register.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2011 October 21, 19:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we be more specific about "breaks"? This is not useful. Also, do a CRTL-SHIFT-Click on the register and tell me what "What's This?" says.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2011 October 21, 19:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we be more specific about "breaks"? This is not useful. Also, do a CRTL-SHIFT-Click on the register and tell me what "What's This?" says.

Sorry, when you click "browse" a pop up saying it's a pets register pops up. When you click "buy" the two sims have a conversation then nothing. I'm most likely doing it wrong but when I CRTL-SHIFT-Click on the register all I get is the "nuke" option.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2011 October 21, 20:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do "setconfig awesomedebug true", then do the CRTL-SHIFT-CLICK. Screenshot the "What's This" report so I can identify the offending object.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2011 October 21, 20:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smurf
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2011 November 03, 15:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, hopefully someone can help me. (Sorry for my bad English, I used the Google translator. Grin)
I've downloaded a few things and my launcher always said "Installation failed. Please install the latest software updates and try again" (though I've installed a few days ago the new add-on). So I've pulled all my downloads on the two files "decrapify.exe" and "s3rc.exe". The new downloads work now. And now:
About half of the downloads that I had previously installed, no longer as easy to install and it appears the same message, as already said.  Embarrassed
What can I do now?  Huh
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2011 November 03, 15:39:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decrapify them? I have never had any problems with installing an item after being decrapified. If the problem is non-EAxian content...you should not install those using the launcher!

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: 2011 November 30, 10:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume the pet register is the same issue as with the spellbook, in that there is a reference in the script to an ID changed by decrapify? I wonder if this is going to be a regular occurrence now, if so, it will be a real pain.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2011 November 30, 14:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a pet register workaround on here somewhere, Anach.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2011 November 30, 16:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's included with Am now, isn't?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2011 December 01, 06:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fix for that is integral to AwesomeMod, so yes.

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: 2011 December 02, 10:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah it's pretty simple. Don't decrapify the register item and use it as a .package override. Or use AM.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: 2012 August 20, 21:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancy is wonderful so shut up silly red skull....

Decrapifying Lunar Lakes (and putting the package in installed worlds) makes the pipes disappear all except for the dropshadows lol.  Any ideas why this might be?  If you save the game like this, they don't reappear when you replace the installed world file with the original .world.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2012 August 23, 04:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure. Maybe it's a new filetype we haven't previously encountered that needs to have its linkages repaired. I will try to find an opportunity to take a look at this, as I have not kept up with crazy store shenanigans. You should not be manually moving any files: Does this problem exist when you decrapify/install the regular way?
« Last Edit: 2012 August 23, 04:20:11 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: 2012 August 23, 12:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was experimenting with editing the installed world file to remove unroutable terrain.  That part of the experiment worked (see http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?topic=1207.0 ).  So of course I had to remove the store protection

Then someone said don't use the decrapifier, use s3rc to unprotect it.  So I did that and no longer had the problem with disappeared pipes.  From my point of view that solves my problem, but I was interested in what lay behind it anyway.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2012 August 23, 15:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every once in a while decrapping something also changes some of the mesh group IDs as well, like the Target female baseball outfit. It sounds like this could be the case here, maybe.

RobinMollyBlue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2012 August 25, 23:20:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been reading and lurking, but I haven't found a mac version of the TS3 Recompressor. Does it exist?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2012 August 26, 13:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been reading and lurking, but

. . . not very well. This has been asked and answered.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2012 August 29, 17:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then someone said don't use the decrapifier, use s3rc to unprotect it.  So I did that and no longer had the problem with disappeared pipes.  From my point of view that solves my problem, but I was interested in what lay behind it anyway.
That is an interesting question I don't apparently have an answer for. I pulled open the file and took a look, but couldn't see anything particularly interesting that jumped out.

Every once in a while decrapping something also changes some of the mesh group IDs as well, like the Target female baseball outfit. It sounds like this could be the case here, maybe.
This is supposed to happen, but at least with all known filetypes, the altered links should be automatically repaired. Did something happen to that outfit?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: