More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:00:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor  (Read 706922 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
« Reply #250 on: 2011 April 25, 13:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you clear caches as well. I had some trouble with cc last week, I tried all sorts of combos like yourself, don't know what fixed it in the end, but clearing caches won't hurt.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2011 April 26, 03:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's quite peculiar. Do they work for ANYONE? It's possible the game is stripping them at the time the lot is packaged.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sbjamesphotography
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2011 May 20, 20:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decrapified and all my sims3packs have turned to CRAP!  Just about everything has failed to install claiming that I need to have the latest software update.   Angry
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2011 May 21, 03:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decrapified...

No, you didn't.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2011 May 29, 14:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Generations installed, the game seem to have problems reading compressed files. According to process monitor, it reads each file about 50,000 times; sometimes more. Decompressing using s3rc.exe doesn't solve it, I had to open the package files and re-save them using s3pe to fix them.
« Last Edit: 2011 May 29, 16:03:57 by bowrain » Logged
dragonic
Blathering Buffoon

Lurker extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2011 May 30, 13:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Generations installed, the game seem to have problems reading compressed files. According to process monitor, it reads each file about 50,000 times; sometimes more. Decompressing using s3rc.exe doesn't solve it, I had to open the package files and re-save them using s3pe to fix them.
With Generations installed?! On May 29th? I thought it releases May 30th.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2011 May 30, 14:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Generations installed?! On May 29th? I thought it releases May 30th.

Really? Have you not visited any of the other threads? We've had generations for days now. Get with the program, we be pirates here at MATY, arrr!

Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2011 June 03, 12:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I have an issue and I'm not quite sure how to go about it. I downloaded the Bayside Full Set (untouched), decrapified it and installed it but none of its content showed in-game. The launcher shows that it installed correctly but that meant nothing. I unpacked the set from .rar again and ran it through S3RC and then decrapified it but the original problem continues to persist. Any advice?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2011 June 03, 15:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I have an issue and I'm not quite sure how to go about it. I downloaded the Bayside Full Set (untouched), decrapified it and installed it but none of its content showed in-game. The launcher shows that it installed correctly but that meant nothing. I unpacked the set from .rar again and ran it through S3RC and then decrapified it but the original problem continues to persist. Any advice?

Other than you're doing something wrong? Try redownloading the file and make sure you have all the latest files for decrapping, also make sure you actually tick the decrap button.

Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2011 June 03, 15:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other than you're doing something wrong? Try redownloading the file and make sure you have all the latest files for decrapping, also make sure you actually tick the decrap button.

I was using the decrapify.exe where I just had to drag and drop the file, it worked on all the latest store content but I'll try out the other method you touched on. Thanks.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2011 June 06, 11:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So nobody else has this problem? I might need to try recompressing them but I really don't feel like opening them one by one and re-save them again if this problem occured again.
skiffidy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2011 June 08, 06:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello! I'm having some trouble, so I'm hoping someone could help. I've looked through the whole thread, but I apologise if I've missed anything.

I used the s3rc on all my .packages. When I started the Sims 3, it froze at the black loadup screen, even before all the pre-title things came up. So I also ran my save games through s3rc, though luckily I made back ups. So the game still would not start. I tried starting again and the same thing happened. I did what semianon said, but to no avail. Even with my backup games and no cc, the game still won't start.

Does anyone know what I can do to unbork my game?

EDIT: Well, I tried removing all the cc again and it works now. But is there anyway to fix me cc, or will I have to redownload it all?
« Last Edit: 2011 June 08, 06:55:49 by skiffidy » Logged
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2011 June 08, 15:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

skiffidy, look at my posts above and see if that solves it.
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2011 June 08, 23:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After decrapifying one of my trial save games, the hair I was using on one of my sims disappeared, the hair was not from the store and was installed via a merged package in the mods folder. Does this file have to be decrappified to show back up in the game?

I should also mention that said hair does show up in CAS but when I loaded up the family, the sim with the aforementioned hair had it replaced with something from the base game.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 09, 00:03:12 by Barbara Walters » Logged
skiffidy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2011 June 11, 01:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

skiffidy, look at my posts above and see if that solves it.
That worked, thank you for the advice.

However, my game now runs slower than before. C'est la vie, I suppose.
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2011 June 17, 03:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is decrapifying only for store content or should it be applied to all .sims3packs? I've been under the impression it was only for store content but if I'm wrong please correct me. Along with that, I would like to know if having decrapified content and crapified content would cause any decrease in performance.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2011 June 17, 03:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your content is not crapified, running it through Decrapify has no effect on it and THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: 2011 July 02, 08:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I case no one has brought this to your attention already. The new Spellbook store item will break after being decrapified. Any sim will reset instantly upon interacting with the object. The File posted here by Simon fixes the issue, as long as the fix isn't decrapified also.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2011 July 02, 14:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no apparent reason why this fix should work, since its files are completely identical to the original's corresponding files.

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: 2011 July 02, 14:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no apparent reason why this fix should work, since its files are completely identical to the original's corresponding files.

The only difference being the group ID which is changed from 0x01000000 to 0x00000000 when decrapified. Decrapifying the original or decrapifying the fix results in broken (resets sim) object. Adding the non-decrapified fix will stop that. So could the script for the object be referencing the group ID on those "unknown" files for some reason?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2011 July 04, 12:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turns out that group is referenced inside the scriptcode. I have built a compensator into AwesomeMod for it.

Tomislaw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2011 August 24, 09:32:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello.

Sorry for bump Sad
My friend has MAC system on computer.

He bought recently The Sims 3 & Expansions & Stuffs + he like a lot items from The Sims 3 Store.

Is there any Decrapify tool that can break protection of things from The Sims 3 Store?

Thank you for your help | hints.

:-)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2011 August 24, 11:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no Mac-native version, because no one wishes to provide me with a Mac to compile on, but both Windoze and Linux versions are available, and will run just fine in any emulator.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2011 August 24, 16:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am looking forward to this ESL with absolutely no search skills trying to pass on secondhand instructions to his friend.  I hope he attempts to decrapify at night so I can see the fireball from my house.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ChineseFoodTwo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2011 August 29, 14:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I may be over-thinking this. Could someone please confirm or deny whether I have things straight?:

- Compressing (recompressing?) and decrapifying are two separate functions. You can compress files without also decrapifying them, and you can decrapify them without also compressing them.
- Compressing files is non-destructive. Decrapifying them is destructive, and requires you to decrapify your save files, too, in order for things to work properly.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: