More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:22:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor  (Read 706944 times)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
« Reply #225 on: 2010 September 27, 13:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, at least it searches. Maybe we should name it noob mascot. It can PM all the help it wants to the ones who don't even try to search and then see how long this urge to spread sunshine lasts.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2010 September 27, 13:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least you can spell.

For anyone else wandering lost and aimless around the expletive ridden annals of MOTY

It thinks "awesome" starts with an "o", despite it being right there at the top of the page.

Snoozabilly, congratulations, you managed to search.  99 out of 100 tards don't do so much as a cursory search before threadshitting all over the damn place and whining for people to do their work for them.  Of course, then you had to go and ruin it by being a pissy little drama queen about the board's culture before anyone had even had a chance to be ZOMGSOMEAN to you.

Hey, at least it searches. Maybe we should name it noob mascot. It can PM all the help it wants to the ones who don't even try to search and then see how long this urge to spread sunshine lasts.

Given its martyr complex, I was thinking more of "patron saint".  It can be Our Lady of the Tards.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2010 September 27, 15:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, you found it in a search. If you had done that FIRST, you would not have been subjected to annoyed, snarky responses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2011 January 23, 19:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know why, after I deleted ALL the .Sims3Packs from the Downloads folder, it still shows me some custom content in-game? How can I delete ALL of it? I wanted to reinstall everything 'cause I'm sure I'm missing something, but cannot do that if there are random custom stuff appearing in the game.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2011 January 23, 19:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know why, after I deleted ALL the .Sims3Packs from the Downloads folder, it still shows me some custom content in-game? How can I delete ALL of it? I wanted to reinstall everything 'cause I'm sure I'm missing something, but cannot do that if there are random custom stuff appearing in the game.

Because deleting content from the Downloads folder doesn't delete it from your game.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2011 January 23, 20:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it did before! That's what I did if I wanted to delete something... Delete it from the folder, and it would disappear from the game...
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2011 January 23, 20:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not how that works. You need to uninstall custom content from the Launcher (if it was installed as a .sim3pack file), or delete it from the Library folder (if it was a lot.) Deleting the files in the Download folder merely deletes files that have already installed (which then get written to one of the *.dbc files in /DCCache).

Any other CC would be in your Mods/Packages folder. Look in there for stray .package files.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2011 January 23, 20:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mh, ok nevermind I found the other thread with some information... Still can't understand why before I only needed to delete stuff from the folder...  Huh
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2011 January 24, 00:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably before you were using Sims3Packs. Anything installed manually to your downloads folder can be deleted that way. Anything installed to a dbc file (either through the launcher or going the the compressing custom content instructions) can only be deleted by removing the dbc file or through the launcher.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Binkles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2011 February 05, 06:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really confused about this Sad   is only the decrapifier needed to fix the .package files  so they will install in the launcher??

i tried to install the decrapifier and a black screen popped up for a split second.. then it went away...  why is that??
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2011 February 05, 06:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many threads are you going to muck up? Learn how to follow directions.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2011 February 05, 16:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i tried to install the decrapifier and a black screen popped up for a split second.. then it went away...  why is that??

It means it just decrapified your .Sims3Pack file... So that you can install it normally through the Launcher.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2011 February 06, 00:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or it means Tinkles just double-clicked the exe, which by itself will do nothing without proper setup.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Binkles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2011 February 10, 02:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or it means Tinkles just double-clicked the exe, which by itself will do nothing without proper setup.

how do you set it up properly then?  and yes i did double click on it 
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2011 February 10, 02:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how do you set it up properly then?  and yes i did double click on it 

You read the instructions.  What am I, an Info Booth?

arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2011 March 14, 16:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have base game only and have been happily using this tool for speeding up loading and fixing some (store) files for use with the launcher.  I noticed the game was getting a little slow, so I ran all my CC through it and now the game will not load unless I take CC folder out.  The only thing which changed between my last use and this use is that I installed the latest base game patch.  Okay, I searched and saw that you can do s3rc -d to undo what was done.  I put s3rc file in one of my download subfiles to test if they would be fixed.  I used s3rc -d *.package and got error message "could not stat" - I saw a thread in which Mr. Pescado said you could do *.package.  So I tried it with just one file and got no error message.  Like a dummy, I did not back up my CC before compressing because it had worked like a dream before.  So, why will it not process more than one file at time?  Why will it not accept *.package?

Flame me, do your worst, just tell me how to undo what I've done without having to do 3k+ files one by one.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2011 March 14, 19:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your shell does not support globbing. Use a shell that performs proper globbing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
semianon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2011 March 14, 22:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have base game only and have been happily using this tool for speeding up loading and fixing some (store) files for use with the launcher.  I noticed the game was getting a little slow, so I ran all my CC through it and now the game will not load unless I take CC folder out.  The only thing which changed between my last use and this use is that I installed the latest base game patch.  Okay, I searched and saw that you can do s3rc -d to undo what was done.  I put s3rc file in one of my download subfiles to test if they would be fixed.  I used s3rc -d *.package and got error message "could not stat" - I saw a thread in which Mr. Pescado said you could do *.package.  So I tried it with just one file and got no error message.  Like a dummy, I did not back up my CC before compressing because it had worked like a dream before.  So, why will it not process more than one file at time?  Why will it not accept *.package?

Flame me, do your worst, just tell me how to undo what I've done without having to do 3k+ files one by one.

Assuming you are using a Windows machine, do the following...
1. MAKE A BACKUP!
2. Open a command prompt window.
3. Use the CD command to navigate to wherever your packages are located.
4. Run the following command (including the quotes)...
for %f in (*.package) do s3rc -d "%f"
5. Test The Sims 3 - if it runs, MAKE ANOTHER BACKUP!

Edited to a command syntax that should allow for package file names with spaces in them.
« Last Edit: 2011 March 18, 03:00:26 by semianon » Logged
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2011 March 15, 13:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Assuming you are using a Windows machine, do the following...
1. MAKE A BACKUP!
2. Open a command prompt window.
3. Use the CD command to navigate to wherever your packages are located.
4. Run "for %f in (*.package) do s3rc -d %f" (without the quotes of course).
5. Test The Sims 3 - if it runs, MAKE ANOTHER BACKUP!

Thank you for your reply.

I neglected to say I am running Windows 7.  In any event, running this from the command line seemed to work, but only for files with with no spaces in the filename.  When it came to a file with spaces in the filename, it returned either "could not stat" or it got hung up and just sat there.  Good ol' DOS. 
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: 2011 April 25, 00:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I doing it wrong?

I don't usually use other people's custom lots, but feeling a bit lazy today, I thought I would give a couple non-CC EA makeover lots a try. However, when installing, either via sims3pack or package, all the store content within these lots has been replaced by base game items. I of course decrapify all my content prior to installing, and in this case tried decrapifying again after I had installed it, and finally tried it without decrapifying, but either way resulted in the same experience. Am I doing it wrong, or is this a normal thing when it comes to decrapified content and lots?

bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2011 April 25, 02:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I doing it wrong?

If you are, so am I. I've never downloaded lots that use any store content before (and I've only downloaded lots two or three times total), so I thought I might be doing something wrong. I still do, really. All of my store content is from here; it is decrapified, compressed, extracted, edited and combined as necessary, and it all shows up just fine in game. But indeed, those downloaded lots don't show up with store content in place, just a bunch of cowprint chairs and purple potted flowers everywhere. It had not occurred to me that it was specifically an issue with decrapifying, but I wanted to speak up that you're not the only one who has experienced this.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2011 April 25, 02:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's normal. This is because the creator used packaged store stuff, I think.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: 2011 April 25, 07:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's normal. This is because the creator used packaged store stuff, I think.

Ah yes, that makes sense. Well guess I'll not be using anything from there  Undecided

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2011 April 25, 11:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I doing it wrong, or is this a normal thing when it comes to decrapified content and lots?
Decrapify the lot, too. That should fix it.

bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2011 April 25, 13:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No such luck on my end. I've attempted every combination of compressing, decrapifying, and cleaning with CUSTARD (or not), as well as testing multiple versions of the same lot from different sites and different installation methods including Sims3Pack, package via Library and package via Packages. At first I thought it might be because I had edited some of my store content, but none of the build/buy mode items show up in the lots even though they're there in my catalog, whether they are items I altered or not.

I don't particularly care about the lot, but I won't deny that the mystery is gnawing at me even more now that I know it's not just me. I don't think it has anything to do with decrapification, at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: