More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:00:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Facts & Strategery
| | |-+  A special breed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A special breed  (Read 60551 times)
Fu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
A special breed
« on: 2009 June 01, 11:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somewhere someone quoted from the prima guide for TS3 that you can get sims with special traits when breeding with service sims (maid, fireman, burglar, although I hardly recognize that last one as a service, unless you think of Monty Python).

Here is what I found:

- first off, you don't need to breed with a sim, if you want a sim with those special qualities you can just have them move in
- sims with the hidden firemen trait get twice the mood from a comfy fire, plus they don't get -200 when on fire but +75, although they can still burn to death
- sims with the hidden maid trait never make something dirty, i. e. say goodbye to dirty toilets, sinks and so forth
- sims with the hidden burglar trait have the option to sneak somewhere instead of normal walking, other than that I've found no advantage

Technically the sims that deliver mail and the newspaper are also service sims, I think. But on the one hand the paper boy/girl is always a child and on the other hand I can't imagine what the advantage of the mail man could be.

I also tried breeding with a ghost. This is made much easier if you revive a ghost (via science opportunity) into your household. Of course you can also breed with free roaming ghosts but since they only get 5 hours every night (if they even appear) it is quite diffcult. If you get a ghost baby they don't have anything special except from being transparent and having the ghost music played when they move through your view (and of course they carry their own tombstone in their inventory, because in the end, you can't have a ghost without a tombstone ;-) ), that's it, a bit disappointing.
Maximillian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: A special breed
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 01, 12:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried the repairman yet? I would imagine that's something like the maid trait: never break anything.

Plus one could make an excellent story out of seducing the repairman.
"Oh, Schneider!"

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Fu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 01, 12:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, good point. I never called the repair man so far, because sims should be able to repair all their stuff themselves of course. ;-)
tides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 01, 12:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

- sims with the hidden firemen trait get twice the mood from a comfy fire, plus they don't get -200 when on fire but +75, although they can still burn to death

what would be the point of this..to be happy while burning to death?
Zucabr
Furry
Asinine Airhead

I/ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 01, 12:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note to clarify that these traits are invisible. They do not show up in the traits interface.

Results with individual service Sims are as follows:
  • Babysitter lacks one trait, but doesn't display any unique behaviour as regards to children.
  • Edit: The Sim here was not an NPC. Thanks Kyna and Roflganger. Tongue
  • Burglar lacks three traits and can indeed Sneak Here in navigational options.
  • Repowoman lacks two traits, but has displayed no unique behaviours.
  • Fireman lacks two traits, and does indeed display affinity for fire.
  • Maid lacks one trait, and does indeed keep things clean and tidy when using items, which is a subtle and boring "perk".
  • Policeman lacks one trait, and has the Brave trait, and autonomously tackled a (different from the other, now playable one) burglar
  • Repair Technician lacks two traits, and has full handiness skill, but otherwise shows no new moodlets or actions related to tinkering, repairing or upgrading items.
  • Pizza Deliverywoman lacks three traits, and shows no new pizza coolness.
  • Grim Reaper poofs in and poofs out, and cannot be Invited Over or Chatted with.

Erm, something noted is that adding the missing traits does not seem to affect the unique abilities of the Fireman, the Policeman, the Burglar and the Maid. The unique "traits" are not traits per se, but just added NPC related behaviours. All service Sims also lost their jobs when they were moved in.

Service Sims untested include Mail Carrier, Newspaper Delivery, Social Worker Adoption and Social Worker Child Protection; and I also can't get the Science Geek to appear after shiftclick-Mailbox->Force NPC...->More...->Science Geek is selected.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 01, 14:02:42 by Zucabr » Logged
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 01, 13:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Results with individual service Sims are as follows:
  • Cycl0n3 Sw0rd has a full set of traits, a job, and no discernable geek-related unique abilities. I am assuming that he is the Science Geek NPC, but I can't otherwise make that NPC appear properly, so I'm left unsure.

He's not a service sim.  He's a playable in a household of unrelated single sims (around 5 of them I think, although I haven't played that lot).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 01, 13:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's not a service sim.  He's a playable in a household of unrelated single sims (around 5 of them I think, although I haven't played that lot).

Since you pipped me to the post, I'll just add that he lives in the Roomies or Working Friends household.  They're right next door to each other, can never remember which it actually is.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 01, 14:57:37 by Roflganger » Logged

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Fu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 01, 15:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have something to add about ghost sims I haven't thought of trying before (silly me): they cannot die. Maybe this is self-evident, but I found it notable.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 01, 16:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technically the sims that deliver mail and the newspaper are also service sims, I think. But on the one hand the paper boy/girl is always a child and on the other hand I can't imagine what the advantage of the mail man could be.
Not true. One of my sims married the newspaper girl, Dusty John. They attend elementary school just like any other sim child. She aged up naturally, without any intervention on my part. Make sure to befriend them at child age, as they do not live on any lot and I don't believe they appear walking around town. I never saw Dusty doing that before she was properly moved in.

Dusty has no special traits or skills that I can see, except for pissing me off by spawning a child after I left the house.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 01, 23:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard that the child of a fireman has the 'Pyromaniac' trait (namesake) and the option to set things on fire. Hoax or not?
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 02, 00:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard that the child of a fireman has the 'Pyromaniac' trait (namesake) and the option to set things on fire. Hoax or not?

I'm calling BS on it EAxis failed to impliment it properly.  I had my sim have a baby with a fireman especially to get this trait.  I cared for her like any other sim and was able to choose her traits as i saw fit.  Even upon becoming a young adult she does not have the option to set things on fire.  There also was never the option to choose these traits from what i saw.
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 02, 00:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That blows.

It would've made an interesting, reliable tool for purging unwanted fugly sims.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 02, 00:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Treeag on CustomSims3 hacked the main traits XML to make it selectable by anyone as a normal trait. You can insert that file temporarily to be able to select it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 02, 00:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Treeag on CustomSims3 hacked the main traits XML to make it selectable by anyone as a normal trait. You can insert that file temporarily to be able to select it.

Sounds like a good way to work around their shoddy programming.

Link here http://www.customsims3.com/forum1/YaBB.pl?board=t3mod

By the way seems they've already got a bunch of hacks made for sims 3.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 02, 05:35:21 by LFox » Logged
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 02, 00:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, looks like they've got a bunch of stuff up already. I'm going to give the unlocked traits hack a go.
Mimisims
Asinine Airhead

Yep, that's me!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 02, 00:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somewhere someone quoted from the prima guide for TS3 that you can get sims with special traits when breeding with service sims (maid, fireman, burglar, although I hardly recognize that last one as a service, unless you think of Monty Python).

Here is what I found:

- first off, you don't need to breed with a sim, if you want a sim with those special qualities you can just have them move in
- sims with the hidden maid trait never make something dirty, i. e. say goodbye to dirty toilets, sinks and so forth
- sims with the hidden burglar trait have the option to sneak somewhere instead of normal walking, other than that I've found no advantage

I also tried breeding with a ghost. This is made much easier if you revive a ghost (via science opportunity) into your household. Of course you can also breed with free roaming ghosts but since they only get 5 hours every night (if they even appear) it is quite diffcult. If you get a ghost baby they don't have anything special except from being transparent and having the ghost music played when they move through your view (and of course they carry their own tombstone in their inventory, because in the end, you can't have a ghost without a tombstone ;-) ), that's it, a bit disappointing.

Lol!  I made up my own advantage from the mailperson through CAST - when you change your options to show career outfits in CAS, one of them of course is the mailperson outfit.  I was playing around and discovered that I could recolor it and make it look like an outfit with a pocketbook hanging on your shoulder!  LOL!  Just a few recolors of fabric/color here and there and viola - you have a fashionable handbag hanging from your shoulder and a cute shorts n top outfit!  =D

Only problem is the stupid nametag on the shirt!  Although I'm sure somebody will figure a way to get that off of there!
« Last Edit: 2009 June 02, 00:55:32 by Mimisims » Logged
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 02, 00:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the mod going and it seems my sim DID have the pyromaniac trait after all.  The reason i didn't think i had it is because like the stupid kleptomaniac option you need to click on your sim.  Who the hell ever clicks on their sim anymore?  There is then a "Burn Something" option.  So they just start a fire randomly somewhere.

Really need a hack to allow targetting for these traits.
moxyc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 02, 02:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering if this doesn't just apply to Service Sims.  I had a sim that had the Clumsy trait.  I didn't give either of her kids the Clumsy trait, yet they tripped over everything just like she did.  Granted, I doubt EA is clever enough to come up with something like this, but has anyone else noticed little behaviors like this?
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 June 02, 05:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering if this doesn't just apply to Service Sims.  I had a sim that had the Clumsy trait.  I didn't give either of her kids the Clumsy trait, yet they tripped over everything just like she did.  Granted, I doubt EA is clever enough to come up with something like this, but has anyone else noticed little behaviors like this?

I concur.  My 5th gen male is clumsy.  His 2nd daughter is now a toddler, and even tho she doesn't have the clumsy trait, she's constantly stumbling over her feet, tho none of the toddlers in the past ever did.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
cheezwiz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 June 02, 07:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

High level Criminal career - Thief branch sims get the option to Sneak Around also.  I'm not entirely sure what the utility of sneaking is, though.  Might help swipe things if you have Klepto, but otherwise, I dunno.
nacharlotte
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 June 03, 11:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi

the prima says:There is a hidden trait that can only be earned through genetics: Pyromaniac.
The Pyromaniac trait is sometimes given to children of Firefi ghters. Pyromaniacs can set objects on fire and get a positive moodlet from doing so. Of course, this ruins the object. Pyromaniacs can also take a fruit and turn it into a Flame Fruit, which Pyromaniacs have fun eating.

dcoy
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 June 08, 05:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not. It says in the prima guide. The guide CAN'T be wrong, can it? ._.
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 June 08, 09:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi

the prima says:There is a hidden trait that can only be earned through genetics: Pyromaniac.
The Pyromaniac trait is sometimes given to children of Firefi ghters. Pyromaniacs can set objects on fire and get a positive moodlet from doing so. Of course, this ruins the object. Pyromaniacs can also take a fruit and turn it into a Flame Fruit, which Pyromaniacs have fun eating.

I successfully bred a firefighter into the family and got a single offspring from the deal.  He does indeed seem to have the hidden "Pyromaniac" trait, even with a full 5 other traits.

Flame Fruit Conversion - Works 1 time/day, he had this ability since he was a teenager.  Any fruit will do, turns the fruit into a "Flame Fruit", same as the one grown from special seeds.  Select a fruit in your inventory to convert.  Any fruit past the 1 time/day limit gets vaporized.

Set Fire ability - he has had this since young adult.  It hasn't worked at all for me, perhaps because he also has the "Friendly" trait.  The sim queues it up, looks around, and promptly drops the action.  Didn't work in his own home or on several community lots.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 June 09, 10:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A firefighter spawn appears to have one of two traits, either Immunity to Fire, or Pyromaniac, apparently 50% chance.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pixxa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 June 16, 19:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was quite disappointed to see that the child of two emperors of Evil did't carry any unique trait
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: