More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 17:17:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  What would you call a Sims3Pack editor?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What would you call a Sims3Pack editor?  (Read 77517 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: What would you call a Sims3Pack editor?
« Reply #100 on: 2009 June 02, 07:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure will!

Where do you want bug reports - if any?

Sorry, read your RTFM at the download link now.  Embarrassed

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2009 June 02, 12:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fade, did you try using it to install Riverview?
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 2009 June 02, 14:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't have Riverview yet, but I bet it won't work. They probably did something sneaky about it. Tongue

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 June 02, 14:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't have Riverview yet, but I bet it won't work. They probably did something sneaky about it. Tongue
In case you missed, it's available in TS3 Store thread now. Though we can't make it work properly for now.
Echo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 June 02, 23:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Riverview, and all DLC from the EA site, is in a compressed DBPP package file format. This is most likely to prevent users from simply cloning it, renaming it, and putting it up for download. None of the existing package tools will currently be able to view or edit these.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 2009 June 03, 00:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Riverview, and all DLC from the EA site, is in a compressed DBPP package file format. This is most likely to prevent users from simply cloning it, renaming it, and putting it up for download. None of the existing package tools will currently be able to view or edit these.
Correct. Chances are that we might not be able to install any of the store content without the Launcher at any point. Though I'm still really hoping we find ways to install all other types of content without the Launcher...

Have you heard of anyone making any progress on this, Echo? This OneGiantLumpPackage.dbc thing is ridiculous...

Echo
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 June 03, 00:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know one person has successfully decoded it, and that it is just the header/index which is encrypted, but said person has chosen not to make the discovery public (presumably for legal reasons). Smiley (No, it's not me. Like I could figure that out???)
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2009 June 03, 00:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know one person has successfully decoded it, and that it is just the header/index which is encrypted, but said person has chosen not to make the discovery public (presumably for legal reasons). Smiley (No, it's not me. Like I could figure that out???)
Well no, I mean like presets (recolors) for instance that a user makes in game and then uploads to the exchange or they upload the Sims3Pack they exported to their site. Currently the Launcher takes the recolor and removes the manifest, changes the instance numbers of the XML and PNG, and then shoves it into dbcdb0.dbc or something like that in the DCCache folder. The dbcdb0.dbc file also contains an index resource of some sort that I haven't yet figured out. The Launcher does the same for patterns, but patterns can be extracted and stuck into the Mods/Packages folder and will show up in the game just fine (but not as custom content, acts as if it's EA made content.) If you do this for presets, though, it won't work. The PNG image will overwrite the default game thumbnail of the item, but you won't be able to select it to use it. That's what I'm referring to, has someone figured out a way to install presets without using the Launcher?

In theory we'll have the same problem with Sims3Packs that are created of objects and CAS Parts people make once that time comes, but I figure we'll cross that bridge when we come to it...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: