More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:48:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Eat Crap II: Electric Boogaloo *UPDATED 12/21/05*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Eat Crap II: Electric Boogaloo *UPDATED 12/21/05*  (Read 114917 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: No Eat Crap II: Electric Boogaloo *UPDATED 12/21/05*
« Reply #50 on: 2007 October 30, 15:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So leave the queue empty? And no, it is not possible to make a seperate one, because that would have to modify the same BHAV. This would create conflicting versions, making it possible for me to put both such items in the game. More Awesome Than You functions as a single unified item, and therefore it is not in line with our design philosophy to intentionally create two conflicting products: Our products are ALWAYS compatible with all other current products.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sushigoround
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 October 31, 03:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just that I have a prob since there's this certain glitch when Pets is installed. Visiting sims from other houses who come and eat gain weight and if you play their family, they become fat. It wasn't like that when Pets isn't installed.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 October 31, 04:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen any such food issues coming from Pets, but why are you giving visitors food, anyway? Make absolutely certain they are not allowed to touch auto-fat foods, as outlined in Awesomespec house design, which involves make sure that visitors cannot access the fridge!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sushigoround
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 October 31, 04:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Coz they might go hungry and leave. What do you mean by auto-fat foods?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 November 01, 05:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chinese, Chips, Cookies, and perhaps a few others, all inflict automatic damage just for eating, regardless of hunger state. It is inadvisable to give food to visitors, as this costs money, is an unproductive use of time, and may harm your visitors, as you can't see their state.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 November 01, 07:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... as you can't see their state.

Or can you?  Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 November 01, 08:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, *I* can, but make-selectable out of the box messes up the visitor bits, invalidating your test results. Either way, I have not found any real value in giving visitors food. They will just go home and forget that they benefitted in any way from the food, anyway. Besides, it will probably even harm them. Sims have this annoying obsession with food, so the moment you put out food, all interesting activity stops and they start trying to stuff themselves regardless of whether they actually have tankage space.

sushigoround
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 November 06, 14:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't serve them foods that give fat regardless of hunger levels.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 November 06, 14:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you feeding flabby-assed lazy sims, or do you have aura-emitters that raise hungers (snapdragons, career rewards) in the eating area? Lazy sims eat too much and aura-emitters can disrupt the calculation results if they go off when a sim has already decided it is safe to eat another bite, making it unsafe.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2007 November 08, 04:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why I only serve gelatin at parties. It's such a low-value food that getting fat from it is highly unlikely. FYI: Squinge has a mod that makes visitors' motives higher when they arrive on a lot, so they're not as likely to immediately run for the food. If it's not in Squinge's section at sims2graveyard, I can post it here, or in the 'Where Can I Find This CC?' thread.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 November 08, 04:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But if you make it so they no longer have any interest in food, why give them any in the first place?

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2007 November 08, 07:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because they start getting hungry 3-4 hours after arriving at the party. I use Inge's permafridge, so it costs nothing to feed the guests.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 November 08, 07:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does that matter? The party will end, ideally before they hit the ordinary hunger bailout line anyway, since I haven't seen any major problems with it even with nothing special altering it, so it is pointless to feed them, as they will automatically leave anyway.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2007 November 08, 08:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm very hospitable when I invite people over, and therefore so are my sims. Let's just chalk it up to different playing styles, mkay?

ETA: When guests leave due to low motives, it drags down the party score. By providing for their guests' needs, my sims ensure that their parties frequently reach Roof Raiser status, or at the very least Good Time.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 November 08, 09:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but the point is that parties don't last long enough for them to do that. Besides, have you SEEN my parties? My guests spend the entire time BEATING EACH OTHER SENSELESS and I still get Roof Raisers. Tongue My point, however, is that food is made from 100% pure evil and will harm your sims if you needlessly pass it out for anything other than a dire emergency.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2007 November 08, 12:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've found that, if you have the stereo on, the guests all flock to it, and dance themselves silly. With Ste's dancefitnessandbody (I think that's what it's called), they actually gain fitness while dancing, so the food I serve does little to affect them.

sushigoround
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 November 08, 13:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Food may be irritating at times when all the guests are doing something interesting, they drop it and start eating. Oh, notveryawesome, can you post that mod's link?
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2007 November 08, 13:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had problems with sims dropping everything to grab a plate, but then I usually have my sim set the food out immediately before or after making the 'Throw Party' phonecall.

The 'dance fitness and body skilling' hack is in SyberSpunk's area here on this site. Just go to the homepage, and click on his hacks forum. From there, you'll find it easily.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 November 08, 13:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still hate sim-food. It looks disgusting, like nothing someone would actually want to eat.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 2007 November 08, 13:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the sims don't seem to mind it. It does look rather nasty, though.

ninja
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2012 February 14, 03:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

could you possibly make a opposite version?  It entertains me when I leave my computer on while playing my household, and when I come back, horrible fates have befallen them.  I could add whole family completely fat to the list.
« Last Edit: 2012 February 14, 04:28:14 by ninja » Logged

Quote from: derpquote
Quote from: anotherquote
Quote from: Mr.Quote
Ima quote!
I am too!
I am a quote also!
a quote within a quote within a quote?  its............
QUOTECEPTION!!!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2012 February 15, 02:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just not install it. That's already the default behavior.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: