More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:04:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Eat Crap II: Electric Boogaloo *UPDATED 12/21/05*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Eat Crap II: Electric Boogaloo *UPDATED 12/21/05*  (Read 114958 times)
straycat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: No Eat Crap II: Electric Boogaloo *UPDATED 12/21/05*
« Reply #25 on: 2006 April 03, 05:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote: Sims who would not eat out of a trash can will cease eating food that has gone spoiled.

This is the reason why I installed the hack. My Sims are all active, non-sloppy Sims. They will not eat out of the trashcan. However, even after installing the hack, they still eat spoiled food.  Cheesy That's what I meant when I said it didn't work for me. Maybe it's one of those unsolvable mysteries?  Cry
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 April 03, 07:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is the spoiled food? Hrm... maybe it's something new in OFB? If food new foods are characterized differently or in some new way?

I vaguely recall reading something about how Pizza is not supported by this? But I don't see it in this thread here now... but I think I remember Pescado saying something about how Pizza is considered a separate object.

So... is it spoiled Pizza? If so... that might be the problem. Or... is it one of the new foods in OFB? If so... maybe that means this mod needs an update afterall to include/consider these new foods, which may be categorized in a different or new way.

Ste

straycat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 April 03, 10:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah... it's pizza! They keep eating pizza that's spoiled.  Shocked I didn't know pizza will not be affected by the hack at all.  Cry

Thank you for the clarification.   Smiley
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 April 06, 09:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I was the one who asked him about the pizza, and he said it was a separate object that couldn't currently be hacked with this mod.  Then he fussed at me for letting my sims eat spoiled food.  Roll Eyes  He said macrotastics would never send a sim to eat spoiled food, but the sim in question was a guest at a wedding, and I had no control over her.  I just try to keep spoiled pizza cleaned up.  Whenever I see the "clean" option come up on the Macro menu, I send one of my sims to go do it.  If I do this often, usually it doesn't take long for them to clean, and it keeps spoiled food cleared away.  Of course, when I am intensively skilling all my sims, there is sometimes no one to clean, and then stuff piles up...kinda like real life.  Tongue
NancyS
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 22, 16:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The link to OLD - is broken - so can't download that.

Tried the other - can't use with just the base game - people won't eat at all - act like the jump bug.

Nancy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 May 22, 16:35:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try now. I re-extracted and repacked from the Uni DC.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sushigoround
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 October 27, 07:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you post another mod like this only removing the part where sims don't talk to each other? It seems dead when they don't talk.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 October 27, 19:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you post another mod like this only removing the part where sims don't talk to each other? It seems dead when they don't talk.
The talking is only silenced during low-food, IIRC, to prevent them from starving to death trying to eat while handwaving.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sushigoround
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 October 28, 07:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've installed it in my game but they don't talk at all even in green hunger. They talk only when they're done.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 October 28, 07:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do your sims have additional queued actions? The amount of yammering is greatly reduced if they have things they need to get to doing. Also, there is less jabber on Residential lots where you're on limited time, and even more so on Dorm lots to reduce dormie-babble, which tends to prove excessively fatal to dormies with their poor motive management, and causes your sims to unnecessarily meet them, resulting in panel, memory, and RAM clog.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 October 28, 16:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* dizzy is always surprised the game doesn't BFBVFS more often

You should be thankful about the anti-panel clog. Having too many sims in the rel panel can lead to serious UI problems.  Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 October 29, 01:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't observed any actual PROBLEMS, other than the panel becomes clogged with gunk, and the fact that every relationship instantiation chews up that much more memory. And no, "hiding" them doesn't truly remove them.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2007 October 29, 05:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would No Eat Crap be the hack that no longer allows my sims to process leftovers? Since installing my Seasons-updated hacks, the pie menus in my (Maxis) fridges no longer contain an option for storing or retrieving leftovers. I understand that I can place leftovers in a sim's inventory, and that's what I've been doing, but I'd rather be able to simply click the fridge to have a sim either store or remove leftovers rather than digging around in the sim's inventory, which often contains many other things and thus takes much more time to do.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 October 29, 05:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This seems very unrelated, given that No Eat Crap does not affect any menus at all. I place the blame squarely on tight pants.

Besides, you don't need to rummage around in your inventory for it. Macrotastics will automatically find and eat the inventoried food as needed.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 October 29, 06:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's good to know, though I'd still rather click the fridge. So, is Macrotastics to blame for my sudden lack of leftover-related options, or should I blame the non-Awesome? I fail to see what tight pants have to do with anything, let alone refrigerator pie-menus. Tongue

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 October 29, 08:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably the non-awesome.  I still have all leftover-related menu options available. 
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 October 29, 14:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, no problem with the pie menu.

If you are using cc fridge, some are probably not Seasons compatible check if they have not been updated.  If this happens with all fridge Maxis included, then make sure all the mods you have are updated for Seasons.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 October 29, 15:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are using cc fridge, some are probably not Seasons compatible check if they have not been updated.  If this happens with all fridge Maxis included, then make sure all the mods you have are updated for Seasons.

Yup - I have noeatcrap and macrotastics installed and no problem with pie menus.  My sims live on leftovers (for the most part).  There have been reported issues in other threads with some cc fridges not allowing leftover use.

Tribulatio proxima est
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 October 29, 22:21:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't observed any actual PROBLEMS, other than the panel becomes clogged with gunk, and the fact that every relationship instantiation chews up that much more memory. And no, "hiding" them doesn't truly remove them.

No doubt. But here's an actual bug I noticed: Once your sim hits a certain number of sims in the rel panel (probably 256 or something dumb like that), the scroll left doesn't go all the way back to the start like normal. It just wraps around to the end of the list over and over.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 October 29, 22:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can vouch for that. I thought it was some random fart the game had; I had no idea what was causing it.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2007 October 30, 00:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup - I have noeatcrap and macrotastics installed and no problem with pie menus.  My sims live on leftovers (for the most part).  There have been reported issues in other threads with some cc fridges not allowing leftover use.

I know about older CC fridges not allowing leftovers, which is why I only use Maxis fridges at this point (I did specify in my first post that it was the Maxis fridges I had problems with). Well, it looks like I'll have to go on a hack hunt and remove all food-related hacks for the time being until I can narrow down the problem. What a fucking PITA. Well, at least it's not Macrotastics causing the problems. I couldn't live without it.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 October 30, 03:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No doubt. But here's an actual bug I noticed: Once your sim hits a certain number of sims in the rel panel (probably 256 or something dumb like that), the scroll left doesn't go all the way back to the start like normal. It just wraps around to the end of the list over and over.

Monique made a hacked gnome (over on MTS2) that can be used to remove sims from the relationship panel.  Only problem I had with it is that it only does one at a time, and it doesn't show the relationship level, so you have to make a list of who you want to get rid of first before using it.  It would sure be a nice addition to the lot debugger to cleanup all sims in the relationship panel with 0/0 stats (hint, hint Smiley ).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 October 30, 07:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That technique does not work. It is not possible to remove a relationship entry from the game. "Hiding" with Monique's thingy does not actually remove it from the game, and if you search your datafiles, it is still there, wasting your memory.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 October 30, 12:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I was not aware of that.  Oh, well, it was a nice idea, anyway.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
sushigoround
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 October 30, 14:16:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, I don't really have a prob with things they gotta do and so little time they've got. I hope I'm not bothering you, but I just want the talking to be back though you shouldn't replace this one. Can you make a separate one?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: