More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 07:41:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1117295 times)
Dureth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #2000 on: 2009 June 02, 06:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ‘official' Casanova does not even look like he could swoon the pants off a dead guy, let alone a living one. You would think that an ‘official' TS3 product would have better looking sims.

It seems like you can't make your Sims very good-looking OR grotesquely hideous beyond reason. I want to do both. I hope there's some way to remove the limits on the sliders.

Of course you can make your sims hideous beyond all reason. That is practically built in. The issue is that you can't make them reasonably attractive without them all starting to look the same, put the slider too far and they start looking cartoon-y.

Don't say 'It is retarded". Say the truth- it annoys you. Then people can go from there.
-Dureth  Cheesy

Will saying that it is stupid, because it is redundant, work for you?

Fine, fine, I'm satisfied.

Mal: "Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?"

Zoe: "Big damn heroes, sir."

Mal: "Ain't we just!"
Marq
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: 2009 June 02, 06:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't say 'It is retarded". Say the truth- it annoys you. Then people can go from there.
-Dureth  Cheesy

I think she got her point across fine.  Retarded on MATY is different than retarded in RL. 

On topic:  fiberglassdolphin, I've had a hard enough time making sims look unique without relying on skin tone and hair color.  While the 'middle ground' EA choose, imo, is hideous I'm with you in the idea of wanting to be able to control how ugly the sims turn out to be.  The sims in the hood look like clones and since someone noticed that their method of fixing it was giving them hook noses and different skin tones.  I kind of wish they had gone with a system where you click on your sim's face and drag the mouse to get the look you want.  Now that could lead to some unique looking sims.
Blaise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: 2009 June 02, 06:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me TashaFaun no positive. You can see the following impression.

Huh? Say what, Willis?

Btw, I've figured out what it is about TS3 Sims that make them so hard for me to "get into". They don't blink - at least not very much. Their wide staring eyes...creepy.

Also, I miss watching their dreams when they sleep.
Quill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: 2009 June 02, 07:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me TashaFaun no positive. You can see the following impression.

The twit above posted that nonsense solely to insert his/her stupid link to a website selling thermostats.  The post itself has no meaning.  You can tell because they bothered to put in a signature that's expressly forbidden by the FAQ in their first (and hopefully only) post.  

Why they think people in this forum would want thermostats, I don't know.  Sims 3 = thermostats.  Of course!  Why didn't I see it before?
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: 2009 June 02, 07:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ‘official' Casanova does not even look like he could swoon the pants off a dead guy, let alone a living one. You would think that an ‘official' TS3 product would have better looking sims.

Though after reviewing their purchasable hairstyles I think I should reconsider where I am placing my confidence.

At least the "official" Casanova looks like Lothario from TS2, though it then puts another kink in the whole story of the TS3, along with such plot holes as the book "Where's Bella?". I wish they would of got someone who had some personality so that we would actually care about some old guy's plumbing issues or some family's garden. I find it hilarious that they think that only people with the "official" game will be able to get their grubby little hands on riverview Tongue.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: 2009 June 02, 11:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had a weird little book glitch tonight. My sim family were missing several books in the '1, 2, 3 and skill' series. I sent her to buy the 2nd book each of cooking and mechanical, and a few other bits and pieces. She also sold an extra copy of the 1st in the mechanical series. When she arrived home, she had no books at all but the money was still gone. I don't know if it's because I sold one at the same time/ on the same screen, that I bought other books.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2006 on: 2009 June 02, 12:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The person they have doing the voice-over sounds like a douche. And yes, I laughed. I'll laugh more when I'm playing the 'hood in my unofficial game. (Assuming, of course, that the official ships/downloads with SecuROM, because if not I can't justify not paying for it).
If you figure out how to get the hood in your unofficial game, please share this information. Tongue

GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: 2009 June 02, 14:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I miss watching their dreams when they sleep.

That's right, they don't dream anymore do they... just large Zzzzzzzzzz's.  If they dreamed, that would at least give me something interesting to see while I wait out the painfully long sleep time and slow ultra speed (seemingly not helped at all by even the most expensive bed).  They also don't open and shut their mouths when sleeping as if snoring anymore either.  It seems they took out a lot of cute and endearing things from the game.  No more cut scenes (I loved the engagement rejection one), no more memories so you can't tell how many times they peed themselves, no more "boing" and rage when they discover they've been cheated on... I used to have a sim invite all his lovers to a party just to see how many of them would go "boing" at the same time and start slapping each other silly.  It doesn't seem like they die of fright from seeing ghosts anymore either.  I guess that means no more houses of horror with cemeteries in the back yard to see how many sims can die in one night.
Fubuki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: 2009 June 02, 15:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, at first I was really having fun with this game. However, now that I'm over the initial new-and-shininess effect of a brand new game, I'm starting to hate the fact that they left so much out -- maybe even more than they added. Let's see...

- Aliens and male pregnancy
- Memories
- Interests
- Dreams
- Cut scenes
- Photo albums
- Hot tubs
- Pianos
- Genetics that don't suck ass

All those things were included in TS2 base game. I know they just want to make sure that TS2 still has some advantages over TS3 so that it will continue to sell. But no hot tubs or pianos? Come on... Even TS1 base game had those (if memory serves). I never realized how much I used hot tubs and pianos until they were taken away. I'll be pissed if either of those things are offered in the Store later.
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2009 on: 2009 June 02, 15:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No diving boards for pools either. Now THAT'S retarded.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: 2009 June 02, 15:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently there is male pregnancy, but it can be had through traditional means. Why? Because men can totally reproduce with each other and ghosts, but the thought of an alien sticking a probe up your ass is totally beyond the conceivable.

They do have interests tied to many traits. However, not sharing the same interest doesn't have as much of an effect. There are so few ways to piss off a sim anymore. Flirt with the unflirty or poke them. That's about it.

Photo albums...I don't miss the superfluous thumbnails, but I hate that we can't change the default photo size. I'm not sharing anything over 500 pics wide, so I have to resize every frakking image.

I really miss the pianos, if only because the sound in TS3 is so well done that I'd love to hear piano music. I played piano for 10 years. My grand aunt was a concert pianist in Germany. I grew up with that. My personal opinion is that they included the guitar instead because of the success of Guitar Hero.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
WatersMoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: 2009 June 02, 15:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really miss pianos as well. I mean, they ported almost everything else directly from the Sims 2. Why not bring along the piano!?

Don't step on the Mome Raths.
SimKat
Asinine Airhead

Throws hissy fits.

View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: 2009 June 02, 15:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure the piano and the hot tubs will be available at their store soon like everything else they didn't put in the base game.

Don\'t take life too seriously,you don\'t get out alive anyways.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: 2009 June 02, 15:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My personal opinion is that they included the guitar instead because of the success of Guitar Hero.

Totally agree. Because cool guys dig Guitar Hero.

Proof:

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2014 on: 2009 June 02, 16:00:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, now that just makes my eyes bleed.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2015 on: 2009 June 02, 16:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, now that just makes my eyes bleed.

Oh Scoooooty, You know you want him. Cheesy Tongue

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: 2009 June 02, 16:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is the most disgusting case of grundle hair I have EVER seen.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: 2009 June 02, 16:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious whether anyone who had arrred either the reloaded or razor version has purchased the real deal.  Just wondering if there are significant differences.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2018 on: 2009 June 02, 16:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: zaza
I have to resize every frakking image.
I'd like to introduce you to a little program called PIXresizer.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: 2009 June 02, 16:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious whether anyone who had arrred either the reloaded or razor version has purchased the real deal.  Just wondering if there are significant differences.

I did, but I haven't picked it up yet. I'll be waiting until someone confirms a working crack. Supposedly, JM says the Razor version's launcher is safe to use.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: 2009 June 02, 16:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got mine at Best Buy and it's installing now.  I have a nice complete backup of my entire harddrive, so I am willing to take the risks.  I'll report back soon.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
WatersMoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: 2009 June 02, 17:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got mine from Amazon and it is also installing now. One difference is that it is installing a lot slower than the Razor version. I'm very interested to see if there are any differences in the game.

Don't step on the Mome Raths.
Carokube
Asinine Airhead

Asleep at the wheel.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2022 on: 2009 June 02, 17:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROFL from the Gun Hero.

I broke down and bought the game during my lunch break today. I have a good job. I can afford it. Plus this way I can actually use the TS3 community. I can ARR all the expansion packs.

Obviously I haven't DLed the new city yet, but I'm guessing that's where all the other pre-mades form sims 1 and sim 2 are hiding that were claimed to be in the game on the sims 3 wikia. Most this is based on seeing that Don clone... but wouldn't you think that maybe the Pleasants/Burbs/whomever is missing from Sunset Valley might be in this new neighborhood?

I guess you couldn't call me greedy!
SimKat
Asinine Airhead

Throws hissy fits.

View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: 2009 June 02, 18:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh that's disgusting lol,great now my eyes are bleeding and I'll have nightmares.

Don\'t take life too seriously,you don\'t get out alive anyways.
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: 2009 June 02, 18:16:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently there is male pregnancy, but it can be had through traditional means. Why? Because men can totally reproduce with each other and ghosts, but the thought of an alien sticking a probe up your ass is totally beyond the conceivable.

They do have interests tied to many traits. However, not sharing the same interest doesn't have as much of an effect. There are so few ways to piss off a sim anymore. Flirt with the unflirty or poke them. That's about it.

Photo albums...I don't miss the superfluous thumbnails, but I hate that we can't change the default photo size. I'm not sharing anything over 500 pics wide, so I have to resize every frakking image.

I really miss the pianos, if only because the sound in TS3 is so well done that I'd love to hear piano music. I played piano for 10 years. My grand aunt was a concert pianist in Germany. I grew up with that. My personal opinion is that they included the guitar instead because of the success of Guitar Hero.
The male pregnancy has to pertain to the townies spawning random spawn regardless of sex and relationships right? No matter how hard I try, males don't get preggers on TS3. I too miss the piano, but I would be cool to get the synthesizer like on the sims 2 or some other instrument, but they would probably have their own skills or change the "guitar" skill into the "musical" skill, which is unlikely to happen due to EAxis's track record.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: