More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:54:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111768 times)
Caraleede
Retardo Lander

ISTJ

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1725 on: 2009 May 29, 06:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Parties have been downgraded. Just about any guitar playing causes the "Enjoying Music" moodlet which can basically cause a roof raiser. I wouldn't sweat it, it's an improvement on plastering a sim on each (2!?! what kind of party is that?!) guest and repeating joke after joke, in my opinion.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: 2009 May 29, 06:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My parties have also been constantly near epic, even when in the case of my previous roof raiser - the host's boyfriend hits on the host's boss, the host ends up with a betrayed moodlet and arguing with her boyfriend in front of the guests. Everyone leaves with red x's above their heads and in the end, the host is betrayed and bothered by "inappropriate behavior"... sounds like a pretty bad party to me. Yet everyone had a blast.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: 2009 May 29, 07:07:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My parties have also been constantly near epic, even when in the case of my previous roof raiser - the host's boyfriend hits on the host's boss, the host ends up with a betrayed moodlet and arguing with her boyfriend in front of the guests. Everyone leaves with red x's above their heads and in the end, the host is betrayed and bothered by "inappropriate behavior"... sounds like a pretty bad party to me. Yet everyone had a blast.

Sounds like a bad party to you? 

It sounds so much more interesting than "everyone stood around talking about the same old stuff, drinking their usual drinks (might as well have just taken everyone down to the pub, saved on preparation & clean-up time, with the bonus that I can leave when I've had enough of hosting it), and everyone had a good time"

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: 2009 May 29, 07:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, sure, it's more interesting from the player's point of view. But for the Sims in attendance, it should have been a pretty lousy time. Only one guest made it out unscathed by the events.

But in contrast, I do enjoy the Sims 3 parties more than Sims 2. In TS2, I always ended up with "Disaster" ratings during the last few seconds of the night, when every guest decided it was time to pee themselves.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: 2009 May 29, 08:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the party perk you will always get a good result. I have been using parties to lure ugly sims to the house en masse to kill off. As the last one dies they always report how great it was.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: 2009 May 29, 09:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an amusing time last night laughing at the logic around Sim pregnancies.

I sent my heavily pregnant sim out to do a spot of seed hunting and got the little popup saying "THE BABY IS COMING!! Make sure you get to a hospital or home" or whatever it says. So i hastily clicked the little icon next to her to send her home... But no! She was squatting and moaning, presumably in labor. Which meant I couldn't click anything.

So I left her to do her business, and worried about how I would get the baby/babies home once she'd popped them out... But I needn't have worried! After two hours, she stopped making constipated noises and RAN... yes RAN all the way home, went round to the back of the house (why when there was no back door?!) and produced two girls, then left them on the floor and went to sleep in bed.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: 2009 May 29, 09:10:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Parties! Don't talk to me about TS3 parties, of which there have been exactly two so far. Gah. Total disasters more like.

The first party was a wedding in the central park. I didn't know about setting up beforehand, so I sent the couple down and tried to find a way to put some food and entertainment down. Nothing. So finally I just made them get married, figuring I could make one of them grill some hotdogs after. The guests just stood there, throwing rice for what seemed an eternity until I tumbled to the fact they were stuck. It took me about five real minutes. TS3 sims move so slowly I couldn't be sure.  Roll Eyes

Then, shamefacedly, most of the guests slunk off, mumbling something about a 'nice' party - a damning condemnation if I ever heard one. There were about four or five sims still standing near the fountain throwing rice and when they refused to talk to the bride and groom, I left them there.

I happened to take a sim to the park several days later and wondered for a moment why the sims in the park were throwing rice. This time my sim was able to talk/interact with the rice throwers and they stopped and went home. Bizarre.

The second was a birthday party to age a baby to a toddler. Just as a side note, I now understand why most of the EAxis porches are 3x3. While I was trying to stop the father from doing something stupid so he could go and get the baby; the guests managed to achieve total gridlock on my 2x3 porch. I couldn't extend the damn porch, the sims had already sold their stereo to buy the birthday cake and had no money for building.

I managed to get the mother outside - where I had wisely (I thought) put the birthday cake. Then I called all these damn guests back down the one flight of stairs. It took two fucking sim hours to get 8 sims out of gridlock. Argh!

So then I have to line the father up with baby again.

I think there were three guests left by the time I got the father to the cake with babby in hand.

NEVER AGAIN!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: 2009 May 29, 09:27:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing the Reloaded version for the past few days with very few problems, except for the extremely long time it takes to save a game sometimes.

Tonight I thought I'd try the Fresh Mountain hood, because the fugly's in Sunset Valley were hurting my eyes. I made a sim in Cas and after a couple of days he got lonely, (aaww), sent him down to the park and to the store for cookie ingredients, (aaww), when he came across this interesting gent...

(If I could figure out how to post a screenshot without it being huge, i would) anyways... The partly invisible gents name is "Harrison Ford" he was reading a paper on the bench. My sim was overcome with curiousity and just had to meet him.

The interesting thing is, I couldn't click on the invisible parts of Mr. Ford... I could only interact with him by clicking on the visible parts. He eventually got bored with my sim and grabbed a taxi and left.... but it's the only borked sim I've seen so far.... unless this was done intentionally by Crazetex when he made the hood.

Other than this, i'm actually enjoying Sims3, but there are some definitely annoying behaviors i've noticed already. That "hand on hip" has got to go, and also the extremely loud burglar/fire alarms.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 29, 09:34:16 by Scratch » Logged
I.Am.She
Asinine Airhead

Fanny Lips

View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: 2009 May 29, 09:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL. Witch, I had the rice throwing 'bug' too. It's put me off throwing parties now!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: 2009 May 29, 09:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Screenshots

There most certainly is jealousy in Sims 3, in this scene the fiance has just done a runner and left the sim on the bed to deal with the jealous girlfriend who's just walked in on them.

Sims still can't attack the burglars! This was really irritating to have her standing watching as she was burgled.

At least the cop has won these fights so far.

Gyms make you flexible. Very.

Telly? What telly?

I love the mausoleum.

farmersimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: 2009 May 29, 09:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few have reported that the cheats listed at SnootySims aren't working for them; such as "shazaam" to give lifetime happiness points to the active sim. I wonder if they aren't typing the cheat correctly or just misunderstand the cheat, i.e. it might only apply to the active sim rather than the whole household. It might be nice to confirm if the cheats are all working or if there are problems with certain versions or systems.
Snooty sims, there is your source for problems, this is the only authoritive site reguarding sims 3
« Last Edit: 2009 May 29, 09:52:49 by farmersimmer » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: 2009 May 29, 09:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder why the ghosts are now firebreathing and burn sims.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: 2009 May 29, 09:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's how male pregnant sims look like in TS3.

Sorry, I think you can still hold it a bit more...
Zucabr
Furry
Asinine Airhead

I/ENTP

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: 2009 May 29, 10:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found a way to cheat skill levels yet? The Lifetime Rewards thing with Cheat Engine was easy enough to think of, but I don't know what types of values they use to represent skill levels. Sad

And yes, I know that it's pretty sure that it's been asked, but damned if I'm gonna trawl through seveny-un pages. The search option didn't cough up much, aside from people saying that there is no way found so far. So my obvious choice was to ask again anyway. Tongue

I'm trying to test certain aspects of genetics, but this lack of shiftclickery is confusticating. No Speed Up My Pregnancy, no Spawn..., no Tombstone of Life And Death with which to impregnate Sims.

And speaking of that! What is this about male pregnancy? It seems to me like they didn't include the frameworks for guys to get pregnant (as they did with TS2 because of alien abduction) so does that mean that guys will have to endure invisibibbility in pregnancy? Sad What a blow to the homosimual rights movement. Gobias Koffi and whichever Frio brother he chooses will have to adopt or be invisibibble.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: 2009 May 29, 10:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder why the ghosts are now firebreathing and burn sims.

D'oh. Edited to delete dumbass comment. I geddit now. Thought you'd made an awesome mod.

Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1740 on: 2009 May 29, 10:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims still can't attack the burglars! This was really irritating to have her standing watching as she was burgled.

Oh god you have no idea.  I have a brave, athletic sim in the law enforcement career and he can't do shit to the burglar.  The mom from across the street has to fight the burglar for him (and shockingly she actually won).  Then the burglar took my sim's newspaper and proceed to read it in my sim's house.  The mom had gone back to her own house to sleep by now.  So I manually called the police and as soon as the police arrives the burglar ran away.  The police didn't even have a chance to fight.

I still got the stolen item back in the family inventory afterward though.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 29, 10:43:36 by Heinel » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: 2009 May 29, 10:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So neighbours can fight for you?!?

Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1742 on: 2009 May 29, 10:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So neighbours can fight for you?!?

It would appear to be the case.  My house didn't have a burglar alarm, but when the burglar got in my sim still had the "react to burglar" action queued up.  He was a bit slow to wake up though, and that woman came charging in from across the street in what looks to be her PJs and fought that burglar, it was actually quite hilarious.

It would be better though if our sim could fight for ourselves though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: 2009 May 29, 11:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't experienced it yet because my sims live on empty lots and never actually stay home, but sims with the "Brave" trait can apparently be mighty warriors and will fight the burglars, fires, and whatnot, instead of screaming like neurotic idiots that in my family, we would shoot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1744 on: 2009 May 29, 11:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't experienced it yet because my sims live on empty lots and never actually stay home, but sims with the "Brave" trait can apparently be mighty warriors and will fight the burglars, fires, and whatnot, instead of screaming like neurotic idiots that in my family, we would shoot.

That's the description we are given, but it is vague at best.  I think more testing needs to be done.  The sim I got robbed with had the brave trait.  I intentionally put that trait in (along with getting him a law enforcement career) to maximize my chances of actually seeing the sim fight the burglar because that is precisely what I want to happen.

I don't know if the neighbor hadn't come would my sim then be able to fight the burglar himself, but as far as I've seen there are no interactions available on the burglar for me to click.

So either:

1) That the action is autonomous, but since in my situation it was interrupted (someone got to the burglar first) it failed.

2) Brave trait is borked.

3) It only works on sims you do not control.

and I guess those are all possibilities?
Mixreality
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: 2009 May 29, 12:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like nobody mentioned yet that the Store is up, along with Riverview.

Sims 3 Store

*waits*

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1746 on: 2009 May 29, 12:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My god, I can see an official gaming site at work?  Shocked

*checks out what's going on over there*

Ooh, the new town is pretty. Hmm... that would be useful in the story I'm trying to write NOW... dammit. >.< I don't want to have to start over. Tongue

You know, they could have totally put all of those sets IN the game. Here's hoping the usual pirates come through for us. Wink
Eliste
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: 2009 May 29, 12:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the description we are given, but it is vague at best.  I think more testing needs to be done.  The sim I got robbed with had the brave trait.  I intentionally put that trait in (along with getting him a law enforcement career) to maximize my chances of actually seeing the sim fight the burglar because that is precisely what I want to happen.

I don't know if the neighbor hadn't come would my sim then be able to fight the burglar himself, but as far as I've seen there are no interactions available on the burglar for me to click.

So either:

1) That the action is autonomous, but since in my situation it was interrupted (someone got to the burglar first) it failed.

2) Brave trait is borked.

3) It only works on sims you do not control.

and I guess those are all possibilities?

In my family dad fights the burglar every time (3 so far) autonomously. He has no brave trait. Mom has the brave trait but I command her to phone the police as soon as I hear "burglar announcement music".
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: 2009 May 29, 12:50:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems like nobody mentioned yet that the Store is up, along with Riverview.

Sims 3 Store

*waits*

So, if I'm figuring correctly, it would cost $80 ($79.75) to buy everything up on the Sims 3 Store right now.  For the cost of 2 regular Sims 2 EP's you get 142 items, 16 outfits and 11 hairs and 0 new features. Fuck EA.

On the plus side, once someone figures out a way to get shared Store Stuff into the game, we only need 8 people to volunteer their $10 pre-order incentive.
sirnh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: 2009 May 29, 13:07:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, if I'm figuring correctly, it would cost $80 ($79.75) to buy everything up on the Sims 3 Store right now.  For the cost of 2 regular Sims 2 EP's you get 142 items, 16 outfits and 11 hairs and 0 new features. Fuck EA.
<snip>
First we get bugs, and only half of the game. And now they expect us to pay ransom for the second half of the game?  How stupid do they think we are?  Angry

"Today you'll see me crash and burn, but I'll be back tomorrow."
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: